Saionara Atomizer thread

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
So I have my sai with the QC on a evic vtc mini and I can't get it to do anything more than just melt my dabs... my settings are all set to the ones here and r/waxpen suggests (TCR 315, 40w, 300-420f, etc) and it's just not heating up, I made sure the coil (plate? Donut ? Not sure the right term for the newer plate heaters ) wasn't broken and that the bucket was correctly and tightly installed. My Ti bucket is working fine on the mod so that's not the issue. I don't even really get a whispy hit I just don't get a hit at all, or any effects.

EDIT: I'm not getting any error message either and I was sure to lock the resistance at room temp.
What is resistance on coil?
like .52-.56?
Whatever it is, set it if its .57 up locked at .62 and try that temps 400-480
BTW, you can use the Donut heater & keep the Ti cup resistance with the QC.
They are interchangable, it works better
Just add 2 sec preheat & up to @40 wts

tennisguru1,

oklahomie

Just got my Sai TAF with Poseidon and an Aegis Legend Mod

l9G4vKh.jpg

Looks super cool but having a little trouble figuring out all the specifics. My hits seem to be a little hot still but my watts are on the lower side for the TI bucket. Also trying to figure out the best times to hold the button down for the nicest hit? I do a ten second preheat then drop it in, then pulse the button a few times and let the temperature get up to the 400s. Is there a certain button pressing method you guys are using?

Last edited:

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Just got my Sai TAF with Poseidon and an Aegis Legend Mod

l9G4vKhl.jpg

Looks super cool but having a little trouble figuring out all the specifics. My hits seem to be a little hot still but my watts are on the lower side for the TI bucket. Also trying to figure out the best times to hold the button down for the nicest hit? I do a ten second preheat then drop it in, then pulse the button a few times and let the temperature get up to the 400s. Is there a certain button pressing method you guys are using?

tennisguru1,

arthritisbites

@tennisguru1 turned me on to this great glass head and using a needle for a carb.
The whip ends in another section of disposable pipette for easy-on easy-off.

p2PBGc1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/p2PBGc1.jpg

I’m sorry, I realize it’s not the thread’s topic, but I couldn’t see the picture you posted, even after clicking on the link, but when I hit reply the picture shows up now in my response to you. So confused, and I haven’t been able to figure out how to post a picture myself...

arthritisbites,

fernand

No idea, I thought putting the link underneath works in all cases, apparently not.
What browser are you running, on what OS?

WHO CAN HELP US with posting images (more reliably) ?

fernand,

Doktor Dub

I am new to the SAI, i run the TI Bucket on a Wismec releaux gen3 and so far i quite like it but i am sure most of you now better than me how to get the most out of it :-)

As of now, i just use Wattage mode at 26W, drop a little dab in while cold, do a little preheat 2-3 seconds and then draw for up to 10 seconds.
I get quite nice tasting hits (2 to 3) and visible clouds. FX are good but could hit a bit harder for me :-)

After reading so much about TCR etc. i am wondering if i could do better.

Have a great day all!

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
I am new to the SAI, i run the TI Bucket on a Wismec releaux gen3 and so far i quite like it but i am sure most of you now better than me how to get the most out of it :-)

As of now, i just use Wattage mode at 26W, drop a little dab in while cold, do a little preheat 2-3 seconds and then draw for up to 10 seconds.
I get quite nice tasting hits (2 to 3) and visible clouds. FX are good but could hit a bit harder for me :-)

After reading so much about TCR etc. i am wondering if i could do better.

Have a great day all!
I used TCR 315 @ 40w - 380F-420F lock resistance at room temp

https://www.reddit.com/r/Waxpen/comments/98hlip/sai_seq_dtv3_and_triton_arctic_foxred_panda/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Waxpen/wiki/saiguide

Doktor Dub

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Thanks for that! Sounds very technical but i will try it out eventually - i also have a splinter which i use with the same mod, i guess i could find a profile for it also...?

Takes a few minutes with PC, mac a little longer, but U/Daltesean laid it out nicely.
Will change the way you do everything in your vaping, more accurate, responsive.
it has 8 presets & you can change and add your own attys.

tennisguru1,
Reactions: Hogni

Surf Monkey

Holy crap. I just started up one of the new Molecule flattened AVS coils and wow! This thing is a MONSTER. I did the standard setup (pulse the power to it on a dry fire and press the coils together with ceramic tweezers to get a nice even glow, just like an e-cig build) and fired it up at 15 watts. Good lord this thing hits like a tank. No seasoning period required. It just starts blasting clouds right out of the gate.

Bravo. I love these. Five pack here I come...

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Holy crap. I just started up one of the new Molecule flattened AVS coils and wow! This thing is a MONSTER. I did the standard setup (pulse the power to it on a dry fire and press the coils together with ceramic tweezers to get a nice even glow, just like an e-cig build) and fired it up at 15 watts. Good lord this thing hits like a tank. No seasoning period required. It just starts blasting clouds right out of the gate.

Bravo. I love these. Five pack here I come...

I got lucky and got a bunch at $5 before the price came in at 8.
Very nice on even my worst Evic mod , but on the Mirage DNA75c WOW!
3rd hit perfect, hit save on Replay and set forever.
Now it you put it together with a Ultrasonic cleaner
that SS Coil will taste good for a long time.
Big sale on US fast free ship on Lost Vape Mods.
www.wetvapes.com is offering 20% off everything with coupon code “s20”

Surf Monkey

I got lucky and got a bunch at $5 before the price came in at 8.
Very nice on even my worst Evic mod , but on the Mirage DNA75c WOW!
3rd hit perfect, hit save on Replay and set forever.
Now it you put it together with a Ultrasonic cleaner
that SS Coil will taste good for a long time.
Big sale on US fast free ship on Lost Vape Mods.
www.wetvapes.com is offering 20% off everything with coupon code “s20”

Yeah, I got two at the intro price. Now I wish I’d ordered a lot more.

Surf Monkey,

Deleted Member 1643

It's easy to wrap and flatten coils. There are videos on AVS' web site, and they sell clippers, coil jigs. etc.

With a spool of pre-built wire from AVS, you can use a brand new coil every day.

exime

I'm trying to figure out the best settings for my new SAI TOP w/TI bucket on a pico as well.

TC Nickel 200, 35w, 450F, .68 locked

TCR 240, 40w, 480F, .70 locked

TCR 315, 35w, 450F, .70 locked

It seems like one of those 3 would be the best and are the active profiles I have although I'm still unsure of when we should be using either 35w or 40w.

exime,

dingotrader

I'm trying to figure out the best settings for my new SAI TOP w/TI bucket on a pico as well.

TC Nickel 200, 35w, 450F, .68 locked

TCR 240, 40w, 480F, .70 locked

TCR 315, 35w, 450F, .70 locked

It seems like one of those 3 would be the best and are the active profiles I have although I'm still unsure of when we should be using either 35w or 40w.

With the same setup as you, using AF I'm at tcr 315, 36W, 360 - 380 degrees. I get huge hits compared to the stock TC mode.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
No idea, I thought putting the link underneath works in all cases, apparently not.
What browser are you running, on what OS?

WHO CAN HELP US with posting images (more reliably) ?

Imgur hasn't functioned on this forum in quite a while.
Use tinypic.com , works great for me.
Cheers !

DJ Colonel Corn,

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
...and speaking of tinypic.com , here's an image for all those curious about Red Panda firmware for their mod.... not all mods can take it, but if yours can, I highly suggest the firmware that @tennisguru1 has been talking about. It's really an improved experience. Download the profiles from Reddit as stated, or set it to the the right values using your PC or Mac.

This is Red Panda firmware flashed onto an Espion 200w box mod, which, I must say, is a very good mod for the price. Highly recommended.

And can I say, thanks to @tennisguru1 for turning me onto this whole setup, from the Sai TAF on through. Awesome.

2uf4xdw.jpg

All the best and happy vaping !!!!!

Sai Life 2019. Aw yeah.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
...and speaking of tinypic.com , here's an image for all those curious about Red Panda firmware for their mod.... not all mods can take it, but if yours can, I highly suggest the firmware that @tennisguru1 has been talking about. It's really an improved experience. Download the profiles from Reddit as stated, or set it to the the right values using your PC or Mac.

This is Red Panda firmware flashed onto an Espion 200w box mod, which, I must say, is a very good mod for the price. Highly recommended.

And can I say, thanks to @tennisguru1 for turning me onto this whole setup, from the Sai TAF on through. Awesome.

2uf4xdw.jpg

All the best and happy vaping !!!!!

Sai Life 2019. Aw yeah.

Awesome setup, that's a hunk of hardware, Solid!
Is that Titanium TAF? Did you heat treat it to turn color?
I wish everyone would start using tiny pic, nice.

After totally killing the Sai Bucket settings as a portable e-nail
we have been playing with the Mole/Sai SS Coil and it hits with
much better air flow than the mole, (my view) but it's not
rebuild-able as the Mole. It's iso soak-able, and disposable.
I got a bunch of them first day for $5 (tried to pass it around)
Setting are simple for TC or wattage 13-15 watts 390-420
on Mods SS 316 or SS316L or just use your mole settings if
saved in AF already and you like them.
https://humboldtvapetech.com/product/sai-ceramic-avs-molecule-coil/

tennisguru1,

LambsBreath

Hi all, I'm considering getting a TAF Sai w/quartz bucket. I've been lovin'my Motar for months but the coil finally shit the bed. I've read this entire thread tonight and now I'm curious if this TAF Sai could hold a candle to the Motar. The Motar glass stem is too big for travel, so the Sai could be a solution for a portable, I have a Tesla Stealth 40w mod I'd like to try and pair it with for on-the-go.

I'm only interested in using the Quartz bucket, I already have a Pico 75w, I'm also considering the recommended Joyetech ESPION 200w, as well as some other mods. Reading over the posts on software setup and tweaking was kind of overwhelming to me. I'm using the Motar in wattage mode @ 38w, simple and it works like a champ, I clean it the same as described here for the SAI buckets (water & Q-tip)

Reading this now I'm curious if the Motar would perform better too with the AF software using TC mode, maybe the same settings as Sai TAF? Just found a 2 page thread on the Motar, gonna read it tonight, I'm real surprised it hasn't received much fanfare here, it's a great tool!

@tennisguru1 turned me on to this great glass head and using a needle for a carb.
The whip ends in another section of disposable pipette for easy-on easy-off.

p2PBGc1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/p2PBGc1.jpg

That glass top looks exactly like the Motar's.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Hi all, I'm considering getting a TAF Sai w/quartz bucket. I've been lovin'my Motar for months but the coil finally shit the bed. I've read this entire thread tonight and now I'm curious if this TAF Sai could hold a candle to the Motar. The Motar glass stem is too big for travel, so the Sai could be a solution for a portable, I have a Tesla Stealth 40w mod I'd like to try and pair it with for on-the-go.

I'm only interested in using the Quartz bucket, I already have a Pico 75w, I'm also considering the recommended Joyetech ESPION 200w, as well as some other mods. Reading over the posts on software setup and tweaking was kind of overwhelming to me. I'm using the Motar in wattage mode @ 38w, simple and it works like a champ, I clean it the same as described here for the SAI buckets (water & Q-tip)

Reading this now I'm curious if the Motar would perform better too with the AF software using TC mode, maybe the same settings as Sai TAF? Just found a 2 page thread on the Motar, gonna read it tonight, I'm real surprised it hasn't received much fanfare here, it's a great tool!

That glass top looks exactly like the Motar's.

It is, the modification that makes it work was the Straw I put in, down to bowl level.
No carb action is needed, it swirls like a twister if gauge is set right.
You blast the Motar at WHAT WATTAGE 38? You burn out many?
How long do you pulse it for?
You can use the Sai TAF cap or the Motar with whip is best. Watch my vids.
The Quartz inserts clean up the same, only you can sip for long hits.
I love the Ti Skillet. Has NO METAL taste, heats in 2 seconds,
hits for 20-30 seconds on TC. Quarz is same, but heats slower 4-5 & stays
at temp longer, tastes great. New Sai/mole coil Awesome taste Developed by
AVS mole got to try it for $5 lol. It is the Mole coil.
You can use bubbler or Sai top or Motar.
As far as mods go they are all cheap all over the map junk.
The Espion 200 is the only Joyetech with AF that is close.
If you got the bucks the Lost Vape Mirage excellent and a different
level of accuracy. Replay is awesome, but not needed, good for TC for dummy's.
The Lost Vape Therion is great as its a 2 battery beast!

Here are links to USA store fast ship best shit!
https://www.wetvapes.com/lost-vape-.../742-color2-black_frame_wood_inlay_bush_viper

Code = S20 for $20% off
Mirage I got for $85 & Therion was $111 shipped 2 days from order
I own and use all of these & the old junk also.
Disclosure:
I am also a Alpha -Beta tester for some of these vape companies.

tennisguru1,
Reactions: Hogni

LambsBreath

It is, the modification that makes it work was the Straw I put in, down to bowl level.
No carb action is needed, it swirls like a twister if gauge is set right.
You blast the Motar at WHAT WATTAGE 38? You burn out many?
How long do you pulse it for?
You can use the Sai TAF cap or the Motar with whip is best. Watch my vids.
The Quartz inserts clean up the same, only you can sip for long hits.
I love the Ti Skillet. Has NO METAL taste, heats in 2 seconds,
hits for 20-30 seconds on TC. Quarz is same, but heats slower 4-5 & stays
at temp longer, tastes great. New Sai/mole coil Awesome taste Developed by
AVS mole got to try it for $5 lol. It is the Mole coil.
You can use bubbler or Sai top or Motar.
As far as mods go they are all cheap all over the map junk.
The Espion 200 is the only Joyetech with AF that is close.
If you got the bucks the Lost Vape Mirage excellent and a different
level of accuracy. Replay is awesome, but not needed, good for TC for dummy's.
The Lost Vape Therion is great as its a 2 battery beast!

Here are links to USA store fast ship best shit!
https://www.wetvapes.com/lost-vape-.../742-color2-black_frame_wood_inlay_bush_viper

Code = S20 for $20% off
Mirage I got for $85 & Therion was $111 shipped 2 days from order
I own and use all of these & the old junk also.
Disclosure:
I am also a Alpha -Beta tester for some of these vape companies.
Long reply... Sorry!

Thanks for the info...I'll watch your vids too soon as I can, it sounds like it is the Motar glass you're using. I'm going to try that needle mod of yours (Luer lock?) what gauge is it?

On the Motar...
  • Yes 38 watts.
Instructions on rear of box: "Please noted: 30-45W recommended"
  • I've only burned out one coil.
  • For a longer rip I might pulse it once or twice?
  • I'm only placing 1-2 hits worth in it, size of a BB or less.
(On the pulsing, I haven't used it for about a month and memory's failing)

The coil itself isn't actually fried, it will still fire if you could get a connection, the problem is the crap way the coil is built, the positive coil leg that runs down to the 510 isn't soldered or attached in any legitimate way, it's just the pressure of the rubber insulator holding the wire against the copper tip. Many times I had to get in there and clean the wire and re-seat it to get it to work. This was happening even when I kept it under 30w. It finally got to the point where the rubber piece is shot and I couldn't get it to stay working. Pity about the poor connection because the coil element itself can take a hell of a lot of abuse.

The dealer where I bought the Motar recommended 20-30w, so I kept it under 30w for a long time and it did work great, but later thinking about why the Mfg recommended higher wattage and though what the fuck, why not try cranking it up? So I did and was surprised with the results, which had me thinking the company's objective on this piece was to try and simulate the performance of an actual dab rig, am I on the right track?

Curiosity grabbed a hold of me and I tried to get scientific about it, got out my multi-meter with temperature probe and started taking readings inside the bucket while glowing. (It's the kind of temperature probe that just looks like solder tinned wire at the tip, so you hold it right against whatever you're measuring) At 38w I was getting readings between 450-550 degrees.

I'm not any kind of expert on this shit, and although I do own a rig (Recycler) I don't have extensive experience with them, but I recall reading an article that talked about temperatures - high temp and low temp dabs - as I recall 450-550 degrees was either a low or medium temp dab. And the Motar almost instantly achieves 400-500 degrees - so there you have it, mini-simulated-dab-rig on a 510 fitting!

Truth is I need to fuck around with it some more and maybe try TC mode too, but my thoughts now were instead of spending $15 on another Motar coil maybe I'll just put the money towards a SAI and start over. I hope the SAI coil isn't built like that inside.

I do need to try this through my rig though, saw the Arizer Mini Whip/elbow in an earlier post and also noticed this: Arizer Elbow Adaptor
I believe is the same thing without the short piece of hose, for $1 less.

But I believe the Arizer is 18mm? I need 14mm, found these:
HydroBrick Whip Connectors

Plus found these silicone whips (not sure what the ID is though):
Launch Box Draw Whips

I have to admit you've got me curious and excited to see how this SAI performs. For on-the-go devices I'm currently using Miracle-B coils, but thinking I'd like to try the quartz bucket setup in my Teslacigs Stealth mod. With the atomizer attached the whole unit fits well into the coin pocket of a pair of jeans. It's slightly smaller than a Pico 75w mod with no atty.

Here's a photo of a SAI in a Stealth like mine:

iu

Found it in a review of SAI/Stealth combo:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Waxpen/comments/7cx1s5/one_year_with_the_saionara_a_review_and/

I do like the Espion 200 mod, looks like it has a solid feel. I also like the centered 510 connectors. I'm currently trying to decide on a mod for a Stempod, looking at several but I'd like to find one to use for all 3 devices SP, SAI and Motar. The Espion is slightly taller than all the others I have under consideration and I'd like to keep the whole Stempod setup reasonably short.

Probably not getting a DNA mod soon, but I did notice this Lost Vape SKAR DNA75 a few bucks less than the Mirage and it has a centered 510. Single cell like the Mirage, but it uses a higher capacity cell (26650 instead of 18650/20700/21700)

If I get a SAI I'll have to try that Mole coil, "Awesome taste" from a metal coil made me curious. I gave up on bare metal coils a long time ago because of bad taste, found I was getting superior flavor with ceramic donuts and miracleB.

Last edited:
LambsBreath,
Top Bottom