Ryan (Ryu) Wilson Glass

HugieLewis

I'm not an expert but I have a strong opinion
Naz2CGL.jpg

Oh herro......

herbivore21

Wait, how did I miss this! Jesus, did I actually see these posts and forget? Did I just type that, or am I only thinking it?

Memory is a fun exercise now that I've discovered dabs - thanks guys! :p

loving the 1up rig, I would love to see a rig that was designed off the old old donkey kong game (like back on the preset-black screen consoles/handhelds, you guys know the screens like calculators have).

hahaha I need to learn glassblowing or I'm gonna go broke with all these glass ideas lately, especially knowing artisans now who can make these ideas reality as Ryu did so well haha.

On that front, my piece is still probably 3-5 days away, issue with post office meant that it didn't get away back when Ryan first took it to the PO. This means Friday my time (Thursday for you backwards yanks :p ) or Monday my time (Sunday for you guys, enjoy the weekend while mine is already finished :p )

I have been obsessively seasoning my new HE V3 nail which I bought specifically for my newest worked slymey toy! hahaha

herbivore21

So guess whose bubbler is set to arrive tomorrow???? :D

EDIT: A string of delays that would have been comedic if not for having made my express delivered piece take almost 3 weeks to arrive lol. No fault of Ryan's at all though, who has been great, looking forward to giving appropriate consideration to his handywork ;)

GSH

On a Möbius plane
No not yet, he pulled an all nighter and sent me some pics earlier of what he produced.

I gave him a little extra than he quoted me and asked him to just make something a bit special. I wanted kind of an amber purpley, bluey coloured rig and so obliged and used Egyptian Sunset and Egyptian Amethyst with some Amber Purple! He also put an extra opal on the can. A sweet opal in the shield and some other nice touches.

I am getting an adapter made as well, so I can use it to vape out of with my Nano, basically a f/f adapter but worked, also a dish and dabber to boot!

Here it is before annealing and dome etc haven't been made yet...

D7q3nUR.jpg

:D

Last edited:

GSH

On a Möbius plane
Thats sweet! It looks like he learned from the rig that he made @herbivore21 since the can and foot seem similar? As for your adapter will it be a drop down? Also what color class did he use?
Not sure if it's going to be a drop down or not, I said I didn't mind what he made. He used Egyptian Sunset and Egyptian Amethyst, with a bit of Amber Purple. Yeah he made the foot a lot bigger and can seems similar to herbivore'a I agree. I can't wait to see what the rest turns out like!

On a side note, I am getting a drop down from Rick Barry the Birdman, and that should ship tomorrow. Guess what? Yep that's in Amber Purple too! You know what will go in that drop down as well? My Amber Purple JoDa E-Nano GonG!!

Somewhat of a theme going on :)

herbivore21

Stoked to see Ryan moving forward with his designs. Man, that piece looks beautiful! Glad to see a fellow fcer will benefit from the new design features I requested for my piece :D

Ryan is a maestro! My piece is due any minute starting in 1.5 hours time :D

Without further ado, my new baby. She is prettier in person! The opals are amazing, the leaf is seriously so much better than pics can show, it really looks authentically like a sugar leaf!

693pu0.jpg

Video and review to come!

Last edited:

herbivore21

Apologies for the double post here mods, noone has posted in more 8 hours since my last post and I have a video and review to contribute here :) :

Ok, so my rig arrived today. First of all, it is stunning to look at. So green, so distractingly colourful and detailed. So small but sturdy, increased size of the stand on mine works wonders, I'm never worried about my piece tipping over :D

Here's a few pics, apologies for blurriness, phone cam is all I have.

I4zHkKo.jpg

Last pic has different lighting etc because it was taken elsewhere with different lighting etc lol. Shows the stone better though.

Now to the function side of things:

This this is great, no matter how hard I inhale, no water gets through to me. The drip shield is perfect! The three hole diffuser does a great job of keeping taste intact and making sure there is minimal fucking around done with that tasty oil vapor.

Speaking of oil - meet Lemon Mirage (yes, it is see through, yes the crazy patterns are the ripples of shatter refracting through the shatter closest to the lens :D )

AGLCqRF.jpg

Now, to see it in action:

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Wow, so slymey with gooey goodness. When you take more pictures, can you post a few of the dabber (and that dish if Ryan made that)? Is that wing decorative, or can it be grabbed to lift the dome?

Edit: That concentrate doesn't look half bad either. ;)

Last edited:

herbivore21

it is the nicest tasting concentrate I've ever had man! Good yield too, was first run with 2oz THC bomb. The glistening transparent chunk is very pale yellow/completely clear splotches when held to a light, and tastes like fresh lemons (no sourness though).

The dishes (both the worked froggie dish and the worked green tendril dish) are not by Ryan, but I can post pics later along with some of the dab :)

The froggie has a matching green boro dabber, pictured in the shot with the shatter. The spoon end is a tiny boro leaf :D

Getting back to nature up in here!

Top Bottom