• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ryan (Ryu) Wilson Glass

Caligula

Maximus
Well given that you have a refund already, why not see if it can be repaired? @herbivore21 has a really great way of fixing hairline cracks in glass with this stuff:

http://www.hxtal.com/

I'm assuming Ryu didn't ask you to video yourself destroying the glass like Mobius recently did to another FC member with a defect unit.

Herr_Dampf

Well given that you have a refund already, why not see if it can be repaired? @herbivore21 has a really great way of fixing hairline cracks in glass with this stuff:

http://www.hxtal.com/

I'm assuming Ryu didn't ask you to video yourself destroying the glass like Mobius recently did to another FC member with a defect unit.

To expensive etc... Look I am out of half the shipping cost, the PayPal fees plus another 50 in customs and taxes, I don't plan to invest another cent in this piece.

Herr_Dampf

I understand. I'm sorry for that outcome my friend :(

But if you change your mind:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/herbivore-how-to-repairing-your-cracked-glass-pieces.13039/

FWIW Ryan assured me it was water tested before shipping. Still sucks, I know.

1zwm6ol.jpg

Ok finally found the crack, its not as I suspectet where the colors meet, it's just in the green part. The crack runs all the way around to where the mouthpiece connects.

On 1080p you can actually see the crack opening and closing slightly.

I got refunded and as far as that part of the story goes, everything is allright. I just have a hard time imagining this happend in transit. Doesn't mean it is impossible though, as I don't know enough about glass to make such a statement.
I guess he didn't notice it. I didn't until I tried it with my Hammer and only got very whispy, airy hits.

Last edited:

farscaper

1zwm6ol.jpg

Ok finally found the crack, its not as I suspectet where the colors meet, it's just in the green part. The crack runs all the way around to where the mouthpiece connects.

On 1080p you can actually see the crack opening and closing slightly.

I got refunded and as far as that part of the story goes, everything is allright. I just have a hard time imagining this happend in transit. Doesn't mean it is impossible though, as I don't know enough about glass to make such a statement.
idk mine has .... idk I guess they are work lines.... kinda like rings on a tree.... this may be just a flaw in the kind/color of glass....

corrrect me if im wrong' but effectively the entire mushroom is done it white then green is added on top of that. then the white is added again for the spots.

your crack is technically above the water line.... so technically it could have passed a still water test at the shop and been cracked but less visible....

I digress... if it were mine id locate a glassworks and see if they cant just reseal that with a torch and kiln it... I know its a little more money, but then you wont be "out" any money.

just use what ryu refunded to have it repaired. same diffrence really...

and in the end you win! fuck yea!
:tup:

Caligula

Maximus
Ryu sent me a message today, after he spent some time trying out some new techniques he learned at the road show.

Here's a sneak peak at 1UP v. 2.0!

d4ed1991-3602-460a-ae2b-feb2da9588c9_zps8jqblvwe.jpg

In the works is a female joint and removable drop down!

Caligula,

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Ryu sent me a message today, after he spent some time trying out some new techniques he learned at the road show.

Looks good. What angle is that male joint? It doesn't look like 45 or 90..

syrupy,
Reactions: Caligula

Caligula

Maximus
IDK. He said that was to practice a new joint sealing technique and that he would be replacing it with a female joint.

8eba7b61-d73e-44bc-bbcf-6f80e48f565e_zpsaqbnegor.jpg

Perhaps it needs to be at an angle like that for the drop down?

Caligula,
Reactions: syrupy

sasNW

Any idea if he will still be making the older 1 UPs? Personally not a fan of the new design

Caligula

Maximus
I highly doubt he would decline your request if you wanted to commission the older style. I think the big thing for him here is how he's sealing his joints. Cant see why that wouldn't carry over. Also I'll ask about female joints on the older style. @sasNW

Caligula,
Reactions: sasNW

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Sorry for your loss. I guess now you have a decorative one that you can give to a friend :)

Radio,
Reactions: Caligula

Caligula

Maximus
So I got my dabber/carb-cap that Ryu made for me. He used the same Egyptian sunset glass as he did on my oil rig, as to have the two pieces match... its BEAUTIFUL!

Oh and about the function... OH MY GOD. This is 100X better than using that marble! Check it out for yourself in the video below, and remember to maximize and to crank that resolution up!

IMG_20140523_154951_zpshbopi1fq.jpg~original

20140523_145758_zpsjwjmbvgb.jpg~original

20140523_145815_zps6m5ykkab.jpg~original

20140523_145844_zps9qpfi8ru.jpg~original

20140523_145907_zpss9pg6clf.jpg~original

20140523_141701_RichtoneHDR_zps5bqnslww.jpg~original

herbivore21

Ok, so this thread has languished too long.

Mr Wilson is up to some more work, for me - custom work at that! My sig contains some hints :p

Included in my setup are a few tweaks from the bubblers he's done in the past; most notably, the base is considerably wider than the main unit, and the can itself is slyme, basically the only non-coloured glass is the GonG connection thus far.

She is being finished, but I'll post a somewhat obscured teaser for you guys :D I should have her in my hands waiting to milk my errlz in a week's time :D

xagb5.jpg

Updated and fully revealed pics to be posted when I receive the piece :D

Last edited:

herbivore21

Mods: Please fix double post if you can, also is it possible to allow us to edit our posts at any stage after the initial post? The way things are right now seems to create a lot of extra work for you guys lol.

Without further ado, final pics are here.

I will probably not have the piece in hand for a little under a week, but fuck it, that is no reason why you guys can't admire it the same way that I am until then :)

AFk3t5A.jpg

The dabber is absolutely other-worldly! The opals in the drip shield and dabber do not show up very well in the pic, but they are there, and amazing!

Ryu Wilson is legit, dude is a definite up and comer and has definite talent here! :D

18mm male joint, 5cm (2 inches) of space below the 18mm male joint for those with huge nails.

Fan leaf ornament on the dome, opals encrusted in the dabber and drip shield. Fully slyme coloured can too behind that drip shield too!

Can't wait to give this one her maiden flight! Cheers and major kudos to @Ryu_Wilson for his work!

herbivore21

hahaha man better pics and video will ensue in a serious way once it arrives. My phone just got some major camera updates giving me much easier, more intuitive control over white balance, focus, shutter speed, exposure etc while taking pics.

:D

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Mods: Please fix double post if you can, also is it possible to allow us to edit our posts at any stage after the initial post? The way things are right now seems to create a lot of extra work for you guys lol.

Without further ado, final pics are here.

I will probably not have the piece in hand for a little under a week, but fuck it, that is no reason why you guys can't admire it the same way that I am until then :)

AFk3t5A.jpg

The dabber is absolutely other-worldly! The opals in the drip shield and dabber do not show up very well in the pic, but they are there, and amazing!

Ryu Wilson is legit, dude is a definite up and comer and has definite talent here! :D

18mm male joint, 5cm (2 inches) of space below the 18mm male joint for those with huge nails.

Fan leaf ornament on the dome, opals encrusted in the dabber and drip shield. Fully slyme coloured can too behind that drip shield too!

Can't wait to give this one her maiden flight! Cheers and major kudos to @Ryu_Wilson for his work!

Slimer approves of this Slymer.

how-to-draw-slimer-slimer-ghostbusters_1_000000008788_5.jpg

herbivore21

Love the Slyme cannabis leaf :drool:

Pretty tricked out piece!
It is my/Ryu's homage to the love of the herb :D

Vids will follow! If this is half as good as it looks, get your wallets out and get custom pieces from this guy! I will have got my piece made to my specifications and express shipped to the opposite side of the world within 9 days lol. Factory made pieces may take longer to get to you than this, many will cost more too!

Last edited:
Top Bottom