Rosin Technique....Easy DIY Solventless

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I'm curious about the amount needed to create lipid pneumonia. I see so many vape dabbers doing freakish monster dabs, like 300mg doses. I'm probably around 30-40mg doses. I never heard of anyone getting CHS or lipid pneumonia or had my MMJ doctor caution about it.

mc

I'm curious about the amount needed to create lipid pneumonia. I see so many vape dabbers doing freakish monster dabs, like 300mg doses. I'm probably around 30-40mg doses. I never heard of anyone getting CHS or lipid pneumonia or had my MMJ doctor caution about it.

They are dabbing dewaxed product, and it's an accumulation. Where do you think all the stuff is going? Your body has to deal with all the crap besides the THC. Also many people have CHS and don't realize it because it also relieves the symptoms. Just read some of the articles I posted.

I have a MMJ prescription as well, from a well known Doctor that cured his MS with MMJ. Dr Code. And my "family" doctors were CLUELESS. With the amount of research I've had to do on my own, that most doctors DO NOT do, I can say I probably know more at this point than most family doctors.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Why would rosin leave more residue on the nail than dewaxed hydrocarbon extracts if all these plant waxes are vaporizing? The nail should look nearly identical then if those plant lipids are entering the aerosol. They seem to just get melted and mopped up.

I would also add that at least in California, the majority of BHO sold is not dewaxed anyways.

mc

Why would rosin leave more residue on the nail than dewaxed hydrocarbon extracts if all these plant waxes are vaporizing? The nail should look nearly identical then if those plant lipids are entering the aerosol. They seem to just get melted and mopped up.

I would also add that at least in California, the majority of BHO sold is not dewaxed anyways.

because rosin has the most wax of any concentrate by a lot when you look at test results (not counting different hashes or CO2 predistillation of course). Also, when I vape with the dish, there's lots left, but if I use the triple Ti coils, it all gets vaped. SO it's just because you are dabbing low that there's a big pool left. These are compounds that broke down before sublimation.

Just making BHO you almost have to dewax it to some degree, so I would love to see these non dewaxed concentrates you are talking about. It's not winterized like ethanol/CO2 or ISO extractions.

mc,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
oh open blasting? yuck, ya lots of wax there unless they winterize.

The reason why I even mention it is because rosin is sort of a DIY thing and a closed loop system is either not legal in legal states without proper permits, or just extremely expensive and not practical for most small/home producers. Not that open blasting is legal in legal states either, but people still do it.

tepictoton

And al the big guys started that way...

Not saying anybody should open blast. Just reminding ourselves where we came from???

In my experience, most flavorful rosin extracts, or bho for that mater, never were dewaxed nor winterized.

Always my goal is to create the best possible representation of the material extracted. Winterizing and dewaxing always robs a lot of flavor.

Only way I know to get the Full spectrum without the lipids, waxes and fats is to make water (or ice) hash and then press that into rosin ...

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
For what it's worth I am checking with my doctor to see if he has any information, I have too many things in my life to be concerned with if this is just a marginal possibility I'd rather move on and look at making the best rosin I can.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
because rosin has the most wax of any concentrate by a lot when you look at test results (not counting different hashes or CO2 predistillation of course). Also, when I vape with the dish, there's lots left, but if I use the triple Ti coils, it all gets vaped. SO it's just because you are dabbing low that there's a big pool left. These are compounds that broke down before sublimation.

Just making BHO you almost have to dewax it to some degree, so I would love to see these non dewaxed concentrates you are talking about. It's not winterized like ethanol/CO2 or ISO extractions.

Man I'm dabbing low temp because I'm trying not to vaporize the plant waxes!! Thought we were on the same team :shrug:

If a coil design is vaping everything the temp must be very high, especially if using a non wicking rod like quartz.

Here's some non de-waxed BHO, It's not $15 shatter grams either to further prove my point.

HfzPwJY.jpg

mc

Man I'm dabbing low temp because I'm trying not to vaporize the plant waxes!! Thought we were on the same team :shrug:

If a coil design is vaping everything the temp must be very high, especially if using a non wicking rod like quartz.

Here's some non de-waxed BHO, It's not $15 shatter grams either to further prove my point.

HfzPwJY.jpg

Do they state if it's dewaxed or not? just the mechanics of the closed loop systems often force some level of dewaxing unless you purposely pull down the wax at the top.

And I agree, low temp is the way to go, I was just using the coils as an example. And for the record, my Triple Ti quartz also run fairly low temp, just as low as my Ti cup. Bu since I spread the coils out, it vapes everything in the chamber, there's no need for wicking at all. Have you tried the Trips yet?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Do they state if it's dewaxed or not? just the mechanics of the closed loop systems often force some level of dewaxing unless you purposely pull down the wax at the top.

That BHO in the pic was open blasted. CA just recently legalized recreationally, so we are just really starting to get the strict extraction codes and regulations.

Some processors here do advertise de-waxing, yes. But de-waxed is a broad term so I don't feel it has the same weight as something actually winterized. I'm sure you know it costs more money to keep the CLS at the cryo temps used for a legit ultra de-wax. That's why only the premium products really see the process. Although the most expensive product in California by far is high grade rosin. Even flower rosin often sells for more than live resin terp sauce with diamonds.

I have tried some triples, how do you prevent the extract from dripping onto the floor before the quartz rod is heated up without vaping most of the extract off the titanium wire?

invertedisdead,
Reactions: shredder

shredder

For what it's worth I am checking with my doctor to see if he has any information, I have too many things in my life to be concerned with if this is just a marginal possibility I'd rather move on and look at making the best rosin I can.

I think anyone reading this thread would soon switch to medibles, lol. Actualy not a bad idea.

I've read of doctors opinions on lipid pnuemonia, but have yet to see a credible study on what types of concentrates could cause it. Or even if concentrates do cause it. I've also read doctors speculating neem oil causes cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome, but once again zero proof.

I did see today on CNN that vape pens with metal coils are releasing toxic metals in the vapor, a study confirmed that for what it's worth. It seems there's a new push on teens vaping.

I think if you use low temp dabbing on clean nails we should be alright, but that's just my opinion, lol. We really need research and stop reacting to anyone's opinion or hunch lest we'll soon be in conspiracy theory purgatory. ( fake news)

mc

That BHO in the pic was open blasted. CA just recently legalized recreationally, so we are just really starting to get the strict extraction codes and regulations.

Some processors here do advertise de-waxing, yes. But de-waxed is a broad term so I don't feel it has the same weight as something actually winterized. I'm sure you know it costs more money to keep the CLS at the cryo temps used for a legit ultra de-wax. That's why only the premium products really see the process. Although the most expensive product in California by far is high grade rosin. Even flower rosin often sells for more than live resin terp sauce with diamonds.

I have tried some triples, how do you prevent the extract from dripping onto the floor before the quartz rod is heated up without vaping most of the extract off the titanium wire?

It does melt to the floor, but I spread the coils out so they fillup the chamber wall to wall, everything gets vaped.

mc,
@shredder Right now I am mostly using a divine tribe v3(300-350 degrees or 40 watt pulses) and a puffco plus, both are run through a recycler. I also have a silver surfer w/ concentrate dish that I use through a water piece, the infrared thermometer is probably not very accurate, but it is pretty low temp dab, it gives 2-3 hits. I also have an e-nail setup that came with my rosin press, but I haven't tried it yet. Is it possible to have too low of a temp?

Question for y'all, should I order 25 micron bags to press some bubble and dry ice with? Would that give a cleaner end product then a 73 micron?
Also, how do I use a chemex to clean-up already pressed flower rosin, do I have to put in a bag?

FYI- I used to only vape flowers and have edibles. The vaping could not touch my migraines and edibles take a long time to kick in. That is when I got into dabs. Eat an edible and take a dab, a powerful combo that provides relief. I try to minimize chemicals I put into my body and live as sustainably as possible, so pressing rosin seemed to be an obvious choice :)

Let's not let get super stressed or take things personally, let's find the cleanest and most sustainable way to make our own medicine. The industry is changing so rapidly, so clear information is hard to find. Plus, corporations are getting involved, which means the information getting put out there could be backed by monetary interests, not what is truly in our best interests. Hopefully we can continue this dialog, be open to sharing new ideas and learn how to make the healthiest and cleanest rosin possible.

Thanks & Peace.

Last edited:
However, from what I am reading "The Purest" is no longer what we want.

Rosin with certain terps added back have been found to provide much better results than pure THC or CBD alone. Especially when pertaining to edibles.

Seems the total is more than the sum of the parts.

Every wonder why Sativa makes ya jumpy while Indica lays you back? We might soon prove it's the terps.

Makes sense. The THC in Indica is the same THC that's in Sativa. Must be something else. Not much to choose from other than terps. And, many Sativa have similar dominant terps in their profile as do Indicas. So, it's likely the the terp that's making the difference.

Seems logical to a dumb ass like me but then, so did jumping up just before the elevator crashes. ;)

However, from what I am reading "The Purest" is no longer what we want.

Rosin with certain terps added back have been found to provide much better results than pure THC or CBD alone. Especially when pertaining to edibles.

Seems the total is more than the sum of the parts.

Every wonder why Sativa makes ya jumpy while Indica lays you back? We might soon prove it's the terps.

Makes sense. The THC in Indica is the same THC that's in Sativa. Must be something else. Not much to choose from other than terps. And, many Sativa have similar dominant terps in their profile as do Indicas. So, it's likely the the terp that's making the difference.

Seems logical to a dumb ass like me but then, so did jumping up just before the elevator crashes. ;)
I just changed purest to cleanest, because I agree, terpenes profiles are what make up the strains and I like that different strains give me different effects.

Peace.

Kind_Karma,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@Hackerman Actually you can get racy buzz off an early harvested indica with clear trichomes and a stoned coughlock buzz off a sativa variety that's got a long flowering period coupled with mostly amber trichomes. The terpenes play a role but the maturity of the resin does as THC decarboxylates into CBN (sedative like cannabinoid). Rosin is also not THC or CBD isolate without further refining. The first press it's full spectrum so adding in terpenes to the product is just boosting or modifying the spectrum of the medicine. Turning flowers into a sauce by refining it in the press into THC-A crystals and the extracted terpenes mixed back in such as a rosin sauce, would be perhaps what you are speaking of @Kind_Karma ?

Mondy

nquzwn.jpg

Progress report:
A friend gave me some Pink Cookies buds that the label says are 30% cannabinoids(!)
I left them in a jar that my Caliber Mk IV hygrometer said was 75% RH all day.
I pressed at 220F for about 2 minutes between the plates of my Kapozi straightener that I have removed and mounted to a vise.
Here's the yield from the first squish. It is by far my best yet for both quantity and freedom from flecks.
The rosin is a very nice vape and very potent.
Thanks again for your help getting me started, guys!
nquzwn.jpg

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
It's Monday, I'm high as fuck, my mind gets thinking fast on these sativas wake n bake. So, pressing rosin makes medicine for us, but how about the actual act of pressing your material? The aromatherapy from the terpenes evaporating during the press to what seems to be a natural (dopamine?) high you get during the pressing? IDK maybe I'm just ripped! :ninja::peace:

Mondy

It's Monday, I'm high as fuck, my mind gets thinking fast on these sativas wake n bake. So, pressing rosin makes medicine for us, but how about the actual act of pressing your material? The aromatherapy from the terpenes evaporating during the press to what seems to be a natural (dopamine?) high you get during the pressing? IDK maybe I'm just ripped! :ninja::peace:

Typing is one of the first faculties that diminishes when I'm high, but it looks like you're managing. ;)

Top Bottom