Recent Acquisitions - Post Your New Pieces Here

Nosferatu

It could use a splash more water and it bubbles up higher but I'm not sure yet what exactly is best.

Nosferatu,
Nosferatu, it definitely looks like it could use more water. The last dry inhale you pulled actually perc'd really nice.

kingofnull,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I've changed the thread title to reflect the actual topic. Please try to stick to it and not divert into legalization issues or Solo adapters, thanks.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Sorry, paka. I'm guilty of straying.

Anyway. I'd like to see some more video... maybe some water level tests. I know there's some concern about "stackage". Everyone is building their pieces... to put up these tubes stacked with bubbles. Hey, I'm as guilty as ANYONE. But, it was really the DR that changed my mind about that. Yeah, I've posted videos of it, stacking real nice... but that's screwing around with it, under not-vape conditions, typically. If you watch most of the videos, during the pull... its got this nice little stack of tiny, tiny, little bubbles. On the clear... holy @#$%, violent orgy of churning, tiny, tiny little bubbles crashing into each others... exploding into vapor/flavor. Its completely dragless, to. Probably the worst "stacking" piece I have... at least for those nice pretty bubbles, like the Lattice and Big Mona (which easily pushes past the splash guard, if not careful).

To echo my previous sentiment... I think this is a gorgeous piece of glass and I would LOVE to partake in a session with it.

Nosferatu

I'll post a video today with better lighting and more water today. Infact i will film my first vapor session very soon.

Nosferatu,
Reactions: ataxian

goatgobaahh

Wanted my own thread, but found this instead = )

This is my first glass piece which was made by Craig at http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/Simpleglasstubes

I bought the piece THEN asked what the sizes were (smart:doh:). Turns out it was 12mm downstem then 16mm on the perc. Since I was looking for something to use with my Extreme Q I knew I needed a 14mm downstem(for the whip). We spoke on the phone and Craig was a real cool guy. He asked me what style I liked I told him I wanted a kickback beaker bottom with and ice catcher. He gave me $10 off because it wasn't exactly what I had ordered and priority shipping(got to my place in 2 days). It was discreetly shipped wrapped in tons of foam and bubble wrap. This glass is VERY thick (5mm I think?) and its pretty damn heavy. It has no scratches or cracks and joints and edges are all done beautifully. Craig told me he has been blowing glass for over 20 years his work REALLY shows that. Its beautiful.

Here she is boys and girls.
0302131659a1_zps4b8b8898.jpg

0308131401b_zps6e41b22f.jpg
0302131700b1_zps01a8adda.jpg
0302131700c1_zps8adab1c7.jpg
0308131401a_zps49a07d63.jpg

0308131401b_zps6e41b22f.jpg

All in all the bong was $65 and I picked up the 11 arm ash catcher(I know 11? never seen this before) at my local head shop for $90. This cost me $155 and I can safely say I will never vape without glass EVER again(unless I have to).

My next purchase is probably going to be 12 inch Inline kicked back with ice shelf or catcher (I love the cool flow of THC mist) with a 90 degree inline ash catcher attachment.

Thanks for reading!:spliff:

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Dayum! Good thing you've got a Cloud and you're young. That thing is a beast!

I love the way you so nonchalantly, let it slide down your grip, swing it around, etc.

Now, I know there are other people, insane as me.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: vorrange

Nosferatu

Glad you like it! I forgot how much the Cloud can rip! I realized watching the video I am pretty violent with everything but this bong is like 7mm to like 10mm or so all around so it aint going anywhere LOL. I'm gonna make another video maybe with my SOL piece this time also.

Nosferatu,

Nosferatu

You got me! I should probably plan the video next time before i put in the ELB. :D

I'm about to post a link for a video with my SOL bubbler. Hopefuly better positioning..

Nosferatu,

Nosferatu

You know I've tried to justify liking bubblers more because they are cool looking and have nice diffusion, but ultimately the bong is more functionable. I find with the bong you can more easily get big smooth hits that would possibly burn your mouth/throat with a smaller bubbler. Besides that flavor is about equal, somtimes leaning in favor of the smaller piece. I think the ideal glass would be like a 16-20" bong. This one is a little overkill but luckily the vapor stays fresh no matter what unlike smoke with this tube.

The seeds of Life hits really nice but I usually use it for smaller hits and lowertemps, say in the morning or something. I prefer the bong though, wish I could of got one 4 inches smaller though. oh well, next time.

Nosferatu,
Reactions: vorrange
Top Bottom