• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Recent Acquisitions - Post Your New Pieces Here

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
The HVY has a few minor cosmetic flaws, but the GonG and the bulge are actually the nicer ones I've seen, from both HVY and MiO. I've always found that bulge to be lopsided on most pieces. However, both downstems in the HVY and my MiO sit straight. The bulge on the MiO is lopsided.

This place caries and pushes a lot of MiO. I was looking over some of the pieces and I'm not too impressed with the lack of QC. One of the nice things about MiOs are the punched DS. However, they range from too tiny holes, to way too big. The one I got, was punched beatifully, but... like the HVY, cracked.

What... everything this dude touches... the DS are crap?

Also, the stamp on both is getting sloppy. The MiO's especially. They had at least 3 pieces, that were stamped upside down and 2/3 the M was missing. Sloppy. I think the guy was a bit butthurt, cause he hates HVY and always pushes the MiO. If everything he had, wasn't over $100... I might have.

Do I enjoy it? Heck yeah I did. I have odd tastes. I'm not a big fan of little bubblers. Sure, the Infamous is... well, infamous. I like my mini hydrator, WITH the SSFG AC on it. I love my larger bubblers. But, my SSFG travel beaker with just the showerhead, is a constant use piece. Gets as much use as my Lev FC bubbler, easy. I love hitting it.

I only got to spend a session and half with the HVY tube... didn't like it much with the SSFG and was kind of pissed (it really needs at least a 12" 40-50mm tube). But, when I yanked it off and started using... it was pulling these huge, flavorful clouds off the HI. Easy, kickback hits. Its @#$%ing stout to. Feels way tougher than the SSFG (but that's 5mm vs 4mm). Will most definitely be a travel piece, instead of the SSFG. I'm really looking forward to what Mike sent. I'm hoping this tube stacks like mad, just so I can say... it does. lol.

If it doesn't become a part of the regular rotation with the travel beaker... I will be shocked. I was rotating 3 pieces for a while... but just got bored. Throwing the SSFG in there, helped that boredom out a lot, its a real distinctive hitter. Of course, when I get the Big Mona next week, this may all become moot.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: t-dub
The HVY has a few minor cosmetic flaws, but the GonG and the bulge are actually the nicer ones I've seen, from both HVY and MiO. I've always found that bulge to be lopsided on most pieces. However, both downstems in the HVY and my MiO sit straight. The bulge on the MiO is lopsided.

This place caries and pushes a lot of MiO. I was looking over some of the pieces and I'm not too impressed with the lack of QC. One of the nice things about MiOs are the punched DS. However, they range from too tiny holes, to way too big. The one I got, was punched beatifully, but... like the HVY, cracked.

What... everything this dude touches... the DS are crap?

Also, the stamp on both is getting sloppy. The MiO's especially. They had at least 3 pieces, that were stamped upside down and 2/3 the M was missing. Sloppy. I think the guy was a bit butthurt, cause he hates HVY and always pushes the MiO. If everything he had, wasn't over $100... I might have.

Do I enjoy it? Heck yeah I did. I have odd tastes. I'm not a big fan of little bubblers. Sure, the Infamous is... well, infamous. I like my mini hydrator, WITH the SSFG AC on it. I love my larger bubblers. But, my SSFG travel beaker with just the showerhead, is a constant use piece. Gets as much use as my Lev FC bubbler, easy. I love hitting it.

I only got to spend a session and half with the HVY tube... didn't like it much with the SSFG and was kind of pissed (it really needs at least a 12" 40-50mm tube). But, when I yanked it off and started using... it was pulling these huge, flavorful clouds off the HI. Easy, kickback hits. Its @#$%ing stout to. Feels way tougher than the SSFG (but that's 5mm vs 4mm). Will most definitely be a travel piece, instead of the SSFG. I'm really looking forward to what Mike sent. I'm hoping this tube stacks like mad, just so I can say... it does. lol.

If it doesn't become a part of the regular rotation with the travel beaker... I will be shocked. I was rotating 3 pieces for a while... but just got bored. Throwing the SSFG in there, helped that boredom out a lot, its a real distinctive hitter. Of course, when I get the Big Mona next week, this may all become moot.

Yeah I like mine better as a travel piece than the SSFG - probably because I only paid half price. My E-nano should finally be here today so maybe I can give the HVY another chance with a heavier hitter than the Solo.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
BAM!

M&M Tech Big Mona w/ Crystal Ice Perc
20130208_185211_zps434e1d5b.jpg

20130208_185258_zpsafdee8d0.jpg

20130208_185457_zpsf7dda0b6.jpg

20130208_185430_zps91d85b6d.jpg

20130208_185700_zps755ef5de.jpg

20130208_185410_zpsa735c325.jpg

20130208_185348_zpsd5d7c587.jpg

Nosferatu

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Wow... that is a beautiful piece. Never hit a laced perc, but I would guess that it probably hits similar to other Dewaar pieces, with minimal/no drag.

I'm not a heady fan, but I do really like the pieces, that incorporate highlights... like the MP and DS.

Can't wait to see some more pics and maybe a video.

BigDaddyVapor,

Nosferatu

Cool man I'm glad you like it. I never liked heady glass either and was set on a scientific one but when I came across this I really liked the added heady parts, and it's still scientific enough for me. I'll definately post a video when I get it.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I was just checking them out. Thanks for the link. I've heard of them, but never looked at their stuff. Very attractive pricing and more than couple rigs, I wouldn't mind having. I like the clear version also, but yeah... the heady work on yours, really highlights the piece well and gives it a distinctive look.

BigDaddyVapor,

Nosferatu

Lol I ended up going on ALT and browsing EVERYTHING on one page by price. Never would of clicked on Seed of Life otherwise, so I'm so glad I found this! So has anyone heard of this companies quality? It looks good to me but I haven't heard of this name before like SGW or Sovereignty. I will definitely post a vid, but i only have my Samsung galaxy to shoot with, quality is pretty good but not HD camcorder quality or anything. If you notice the mouthpiece actually makes a right turn, it is not straight to your face. i figure this is perfect so the cloud isn't right in my face.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I shoot all my videos with a Galaxy SII Skyrocket. Not saying I shoot great videos, I just think the quality the camera shoots, is decent. Its certainly limited and you have to come up with inventive ways of bracing and angles (which are severely limited)... etc.

I had the original Captivate (Galaxy S) to... check your video settings, I'm pretty sure you can shoot at least 720p with it.

ALT doesn't carry much questionable quality glass. One of the reasons, my friend at the LHS doesn't like them, is how they buy a lot of their glass. My buddy goes to a lot of trade shows. You can pick up some nice glass for steals and get your hands on protos, if you know the right people (I'm working on it! lol). He said, he's been cock-blocked by ALT at several shows. He'll go with the intent of seeing and buying from a particular blower, etc and ALT swoops in and literally buys everything in the booths. What they don't hand pick at shows, they basically require blowers submit their glass for review.

Not saying they buy out the entire show, he's just had the dumb luck of looking for what ALT is looking for, at times. Personally, I love ALT for reasons like that. But, yeah... I'd be pissed off, if I showed up to see a guy, only to find everything he brought, is gone. Especially, more than once.

EDIT: Oh... I noticed the offset the second time I looked. I didn't catch that, first time. Its pretty slick, as its a mod on the side-car, which is one style, I really like/want.

Ah this is SOL. Nice find Nosferatu, I was looking at the clear one for $200. Very interested to see a video.

Dammit... you don't see that! ;)

BigDaddyVapor,

Nosferatu

In that case I'll tinker with my camera a bit. I have never ordered from ALT, do they have quick shipping usually? I did get priority. i think they are based in CA and so am I so I hope it's quick.

Nosferatu,

SD_haze

In that case I'll tinker with my camera a bit. I have never ordered from ALT, do they have quick shipping usually? I did get priority. i think they are based in CA and so am I so I hope it's quick.
Yeah ALT is in Riverside, CA so should be fairly fast.

I had no luck finding a lace perc video on youtube, only videos of Mothership Glass' seed percs.

I did however find their facebook page with lots of seriously nice heady glass and some glassblower shots. They seem to be based around San Luis Obispo, in California as well.

Cool mushroom tube
150602_454252251307861_150544938_n.jpg

Nosferatu

WOW I love that! I just fell in love with SOL. I love there main logo and trippy style designs, but in a sophisticated way. One downside for me is alot of the nice small and medium size bubblers expecially heady these ones these days are made for dabs and have the male joint like the one you posted.

Nosferatu,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Stumbled upon this moments ago. The company is rather new to the glass scene it seems but their products look alright. Thinking about purchasing this one but I'm eying some other pieces too. Decisions, decisions...

IMG_5757.jpg

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Back on SOL...

So I noticed in the description section on ALT and in their press release of being carried on ALT (early Jan of this year)... that the Lace work is one of the oldest methods of working with glass, but I guess they're the innovators working it into a perc design.

Interesting and I must say, I love the looks of it. Would love to see one up close, personal to really capture it.

BigDaddyVapor,

Nosferatu

So the lace perc is one of the oldest styles of diffusion you are saying? I can't imagine if it's gonna stack really nice or not but i hope so, i also hope there is very little drag.

Nosferatu,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
So the lace perc is one of the oldest styles of diffusion you are saying? I can't imagine if it's gonna stack really nice or not but i hope so, i also hope there is very little drag.

That's not what they say... I thought they said that at first... but they're just stating the "lace work" is one of the oldest methods of glass working. My assumption, is decorative. They claim to be the innovators with turning it into perc technology. Just from dimensions and the profile... I'd say stacking is a pretty safe bet.

Found a simpler, female version of the mushroom.

582380_453478978051855_1661208443_n_zps7394f962.jpg

400103_453479601385126_1740189452_n_zps47c10413.jpg

295170_453479698051783_1581040752_n_zps7a5fd337.jpg

541824_453479734718446_1773142448_n_zps8e3df3c1.jpg

EDIT: You need to start a Official SOL thread, when you get the piece.

Top Bottom