RBT shipping thread

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Sent a PM to @RastaBuddhaTao this morning as I dont seem to be getting any answers here concerning the few early international adopters and whats happening with the shipping. Always mentioned is domestic and nothing ever about international orders. Please let us know what is happening, we are paying customers too ;)
I'm sure you'll be fine. When you ordered, Zions were still stated as betas with int. shipping. I pulled the trigger also - and I'm sure and confident that we will get our (beta) units in the near future...
@RastaBuddhaTao is absolutely trustee - give him the time and he will answer your questions and send your Zion the fastest possible when it's your place in line. If your hear anything, please let us know. :)

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Hey guys :wave:

I'm not really sure what it is you want to know about international shipping.

If you are one of the lucky few who managed to get an internationally shipped Zion, I am fairly certain you will be treated the same as anyone else who placed an order. Why do think that you wouldn't you be? After all, overseas shipping doesn't exactly drastically change the whole process.

If it helps, know that I am international & I had my Johhny 5 before some of my U.S brethren had received thier Zions.

I believe your location makes no difference to RBT, and for you the only difference may be a slightly longer shipping time.

So don't worry. RBT got ya.

:)

PËÅÇÊ everytime!

:peace:

fyx

This is correct, you can even leave it in your freezer of you want. (That was one of the tests) Taking the batts in away from the cold works best but even cold batts will start to respond quickly to simply popping of the battery cover and holding your palm against them to warm them up a bit.
Any updates regarding shipping? Only thing I've heard is 1 unit being shipped out to Pak. Have more production units shipped? Are there more delays? Just hoping for some open communication.

GTAVaper

Is there ANY way to contact RBT anymore? The website doesn't provide any contact options except for a refund. I have tried contacting through the FC account.....no answer.

I am a potential Canadian customer and I sent an inquiry in (as requested) for international shipping on the old site page when the price was still $199 and lifetime warranty. At the time I could have very well put it in my basket and processed the PayPal payment but instead I followed the directions and I haven't received any response at all. This kind of bothers me because although I live in Toronto.....I do have a US address that it could have been shipped to.....and at $200 might have even picked up two of them. People have been giving GHL a hard time but the 2 times I contacted them regarding my pre-order I had responses back from Trevor within 2 days.

I don't get it ....what's going on here? With the CA exchange I wouldn't want to pay $240.....$200 is actually about $275 CA as it is......so do I wait for a response after almost a month of not getting a response or do I put down another order for another Ti Color at the pre-order price of $185.

Can anyone shed some light why there has been zero communication.....or maybe RBT PM me to let me know what's up?

I only sent in the feedback request for an international order originally because that is what the site requested but if I knew that I would be SOL because of my Toronto address I would have just ordered it using a friend's Florida address and had it forwarded on from there......and been able to order it with the lifetime warranty and at $199.

GTAVaper,

Krazzykid

I am a potential Canadian customer and I sent an inquiry in
The quote below is newer, but the site has said US only next to the Zion in the store for quite some time. Just pointing that out.

Will you be shipping units outside of the USA?

The Zion will not be shipped outside of the US due to the cost of shipping, customs and international safety certification requirements. The only shipments planned outside the US are the 50 beta units of the single and manual battery units for development purposes. Some of our customers may choose to use a third party shipping company, however RastaBuddhaTao does not recommend this as an option due to potential future warranty complications.

Krazzykid,
Reactions: IAmKrazy2

GTAVaper

Yes, I did see that post. However that post came out long after I attempted my purchase......and doesn't change the fact that I followed the instructions that were on the site at the time which basically said to send in the feedback request if you wanted to arrange international shipping. Had I been told that there was no shipping outside of the USA period.....instead of being mislead by the site's wording that it was just a matter of sending in a request......then I WOULD have purchased through a US address. But that doesn't excuse someone completely ignoring your feedback request (which was done solely because of the instructions on the site at the time) and then also ignoring a PM from this site as well and then providing the post that you've referenced and expecting that to constitute an acceptable response to two direct inquiries. I know the dude is busy but others on this thread have indicated that he has responded to them within the same time period. As I said previously - had the site not offered the instructions to make an inquiry for international shipping - I would have ordered with a Florida address. Pretty disappointed with these interactions overall.....or actually lack of interaction.

But my previously posted question to which you've responded.....is that there is absolutely no way to contact RBT at this time. I would have preferred to have a private dialogue on the matter but I've already tried that - twice - and had no response. Are other people seeing a different website front that allows them a feedback response ......if so then please send me the link to that page.......the only thing I see is the "refund" section. The lack of any ability to contact the manufacturer sure seems strange to me. I am not making any attacks......just stating facts as they have occurred and wondering what the hell is happening here?

Mod note: Rule-breaking portion removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Likes2vape

Yes, I did see that post. However that post came out long after I attempted my purchase......and doesn't change the fact that I followed the instructions that were on the site at the time which basically said to send in the feedback request if you wanted to arrange international shipping. Had I been told that there was no shipping outside of the USA period.....instead of being mislead by the site's wording that it was just a matter of sending in a request......then I WOULD have purchased through a US address. But that doesn't excuse someone completely ignoring your feedback request (which was done solely because of the instructions on the site at the time) and then also ignoring a PM from this site as well and then providing the post that you've referenced and expecting that to constitute an acceptable response to two direct inquiries. I know the dude is busy but others on this thread have indicated that he has responded to them within the same time period. As I said previously - had the site not offered the instructions to make an inquiry for international shipping - I would have ordered with a Florida address. Pretty disappointed with these interactions overall.....or actually lack of interaction.

But my previously posted question to which you've responded.....is that there is absolutely no way to contact RBT at this time. I would have preferred to have a private dialogue on the matter but I've already tried that - twice - and had no response. Are other people seeing a different website front that allows them a feedback response ......if so then please send me the link to that page.......the only thing I see is the "refund" section. The lack of any ability to contact the manufacturer sure seems strange to me. I am not making any attacks......just stating facts as they have occurred and wondering what the hell is happening here?

Mod note: Rule-breaking portion removed

Yeah I have to agree with you. The lack of communication has been really disappointing!! I too have sent 2 pm's and an email with no response. Pretty poor customer service.

I am starting to see similarities between RBT and GHL but at least GHL will answer an email if you email them.

killick

But I like it!
Hi guys - it seems like it's been said every 4th post for awhile there, but RBT is a guy with a day job making a spiffy vape in his spare time. The design is pretty darn skookum from the reports on here, and now it's just a matter of :popcorn: til he takes a breather from butchering wood and re-arranging pixels in all his spare time. I do understand the frustration - a couple of years ago I was in the same boat. But now I'm learning to live with 'island time'. I find vaping to be very helpful when I start to feel stressed by something thats just out of my own control.

Thats one of the reasons I stopped watching the GH thread. I only scan it every week or two these days. Here I still get to see guys having an amazingly great experience with what isn't even a production model, and I know that whatever comes flying out of RBTs garage/lab is going to be pretty darn great, judging by all the :mmmm:s from the beta boys (that almost sounds like the name of a boy band!)

Anyways, whatever the issues are, I'm sure they'll be overcome. We're a remarkably resourceful and adaptable group of free thinkers, right? :)

GTAVaper

Hi guys - it seems like it's been said every 4th post for awhile there, but RBT is a guy with a day job making a spiffy vape in his spare time. The design is pretty darn skookum from the reports on here, and now it's just a matter of :popcorn: til he takes a breather from butchering wood and re-arranging pixels in all his spare time. I do understand the frustration - a couple of years ago I was in the same boat. But now I'm learning to live with 'island time'. I find vaping to be very helpful when I start to feel stressed by something thats just out of my own control.

Thats one of the reasons I stopped watching the GH thread. I only scan it every week or two these days. Here I still get to see guys having an amazingly great experience with what isn't even a production model, and I know that whatever comes flying out of RBTs garage/lab is going to be pretty darn great, judging by all the :mmmm:s from the beta boys (that almost sounds like the name of a boy band!)

Anyways, whatever the issues are, I'm sure they'll be overcome. We're a remarkably resourceful and adaptable group of free thinkers, right? :)

I will be making a final attempt to contact RBT and leave it at that and hope that I get a reply at some time.

I really don't mind waiting as long as an order is already in and my initial inquiry was made at a time where it was offered for $199 and with a lifetime warranty and things have since changed from then but with no acknowledgement of my initial inquiry.

But I think that I read someplace else that RBT is a professional engineer in his day job.....as am I.....and I know that this can at times be far more than a 9-5 career .

Last edited:

Tommy10

I'd have loved a little more info on the whole international shipping but I think with a day job and this rbt must be going 24/7. I appreciate he is one man and in sure zions took off my than anyone expected. At least he's trying to slow down intake of orders with supply can be matched. Doesn't look so much as a money grab and more like an overwhelming of interest. 3 months from now this could all be a thing of the past! I'm sure we will know more soon.

fyx

So any word on what type of delay is expected? Like how far have things been pushed back? When can we expect the betas and first 12 after that shipped?

fyx,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
So any word on what type of delay is expected? Like how far have things been pushed back? When can we expect the betas and first 12 after that shipped?

According to RBT on the last page:
"We have an understanding of what is causingthis but need time to design and validate the solution making this a somewhat open ended problem that isn't easy to predict the timing on so we wont begiving specific dates but rather will be givingregular progress updates."

Likes2vape

The major issue is that we have found that the variations in the manufacturing process variation causes reduction in vapor quality. We have an understanding of what is causing this but need time to design and validate the solution making this a somewhat open ended problem that isn't easy to predict the timing on so we wont be giving specific dates but rather will be giving regular progress updates.

So does this mean it is still in development and not quite ready for production? It doesn't sound as if an acceptable solution has been found yet. I'm bummed I thought it was ready for release. I hope the heater problem gets solved quickly and wish you the best with it!

Again, sorry for the confusion. Now that the initial production units are starting to ship we will turn our focus to the website and customer feedback.

Thanks again for everyone patience in this critical time in our companies development!

I'm a little confused I thought production units were already starting to ship at least to the beta testers no?

Fission

Thank you very much for the transparency. It didn't feel great seeing October come and go without hearing much about units shipping, other that it was about to happen. Knowing what the scoop is makes it much easier to wait without feeling like things are entirely outside my control. This sort of an update is exactly what I was hoping for (except for the fact that there's a delay, of course :p) and it's commendable that you made the situation clear once you figured out that there will likely be delays beyond a couple weeks of the original dates. I know at least one company that would never be that forthcoming haha.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
the "have patience, it will be a great product" is starting to get old. I guess it's time to forget this thing exists. Eventually, one day, far in the future, a fine vape will arrive, but I'm not holding my breath.

With all due respect @RastaBuddhaTao , full time job or not, people spent money in good faith, suggestion - hire help. You should have listed that this was your part time job on the website, it would have affected my purchase. I feel mislead.

On a positive note, thank God I've got 3 other vapes to help me forget and vape away negativity.

Tommy10

the "have patience, it will be a great product" is starting to get old. I guess it's time to forget this thing exists. Eventually, one day, far in the future, a fine vape will arrive, but I'm not holding my breath.

With all due respect @RastaBuddhaTao , full time job or not, people spent money in good faith, suggestion - hire help. You should have listed that this was your part time job on the website, it would have affected my purchase. I feel mislead.

On a positive note, thank God I've got 3 other vapes to help me forget and vape away negativity.

I get what you are saying, and in sure everyone would have loved a zion in October but sometimes things don't run how it should. Hick ups happen. In anything really, and a lot of the time when money has been spent.
I'm sure the October estimate may have been realistic for a one man show a few months ago, but if we are tk beleive what we have been told it seems inefficiencies have been found and require fixing. I don't think it was unreasonable to allow some sort of inevitable delay.
I work in construction and delays are plentyfull, sometimes something goes wrong and needs fixing before it can be handed over. Sometimes it is decided that short cuts must be made to keep to schecual, and I know if I were the paying customer I would much prefer the former. It's really only a week past the initial shipping date.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

Hiring help won't correct the problem that has delayed the release. He's debugging a technical issue that prevents the Zion from delivering the quality he thinks it should. If you think you were misled, you can ask for an immediate refund.

TeeJay1952

@Bravesst I read the notes extolling the virtues of Zion and I almost ordered several times. Cooler heads prevailed and I am waiting to see Zion running in the wild. I will pay more. I will not get lifetime warranty. These are the prices I pay for waiting. You are paying a different price. We often get misled but it is usually though our own misconceptions. I know you have a Nano. What a great way to Keep Calm. I hope this is a shared journey that we all profit from.

Tommy10

Mislead to me infers being diceved intentionally. Understandable delay is just part of bringing new technology to the market... With one man, hand crafted who works a full time job.

Top Bottom