Random thoughts

florduh

GCTMM1AWQAA6d2J

The thing is...they're right. Sprawling suburbs are not remotely "traditional". No. Traditional small towns are much denser and more walkable. With a nice little downtown. And a train station to connect residents to the rest of the State/country.

christmas-atmosphere-in-a-small-town-america-in-1900-gina-femrite.jpg

RETVRN

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I smelled the most stinkiest, sweet-tarty, funky-overripe weed I have ever smelled before in my life the other day. This dispensary has deli-style service where you can smell each jar if you wish. And in fact, that is what I did. By the time I got to the jar in-question I had already bought my financial limit on herb. But I couldn't just walk away from the smell, so I just bought a gram. The sharp dank smell just sparked something in my head like a bolt of lightning. I think I'm gonna kick myself for not grabbing more. I have it sitting in a jar with a Boveda where I'll let it rest for a week before I try it. Just opening the package to swap the bud into a mason jar caused the whole basement to stink to high heaven (as my wife let me know).

I should have smelled all the jars first before buying, but I get a little overzealous in good weed shops. I thank the weed gods. :bowdown:

Last edited:

Madtater

I smelled the most stinkiest, sweet-tarty, funky-overripe weed I have ever smelled before in my life the other day. This dispensary has deli-style service where you can smell each jar if you wish. And in fact, that is what I did. By the time I got to the jar in-question I had already bought my financial limit on herb. But I couldn't just walk away from the smell, so I just bought a gram. The sharp dank smell just sparked something in my head like a bolt of lightning. I think I'm gonna kick myself for not grabbing more. I have it sitting in a jar with a Boveda where I'll let it rest for a week before I try it. Just opening the package to swap the bud into a mason jar caused the whole basement to stink to high heaven (as my wife let me know).

I should have smelled all the jars first before buying, but I get a little overzealous in good weed shops. I thank the weed gods. :bowdown:
What was the strain?

Love when i smell flower like that. Best smell ever!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I smelled the most stinkiest, sweet-tarty, funky-overripe weed I have ever smelled before in my life the other day. This dispensary has deli-style service where you can smell each jar if you wish. And in fact, that is what I did. By the time I got to the jar in-question I had already bought my financial limit on herb. But I couldn't just walk away from the smell, so I just bought a gram.
We don't have anything like that here, I wish we did. Pot shops here are very sterile affairs, not unlike banks with tellers. You can't even see what you are buying, other than pictures on their menu's that are often inaccurate.

But we can buy decent cannabis legally now, and that is such an improvement that I can't bitch too much. I recently lost my black market guy so I'm gonna be the dispensary's new best friend I guess...

florduh

"Immigrants will ruin our American Culture"

American Culture:

Ritualistically sacrificing a PopTart/Human hybrid before a football game

GCeI6haXIAAPVgL

...to be fair, this is how they do medically assisted suicide in Orlando

Ok this was so much weirder than I thought

And even worse...it spent the entire game endearing itself to fans. Then they cooked it alive and ate it in front of everyone.

Rest in power, Pop Tart. You lived more in 4 quarters than most do in a lifetime.

GCiP3qOXEAAge0Z

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
What was the strain?

Love when i smell flower like that. Best smell ever!

It's a variety of Runtz, but nothing like I've had before. I couldn't resist and broke a piece off today. The smell is like the strongest candy sweettart, and heavy on the tart. The taste was just like the smell for the first 2 hits. The bud is a lovely mix of purple and green. I should have bought more. :doh:

florduh

I agree with all that. We desperately need a new New Deal. But there's a Democrat in the White House right now. And his entire 2020 primary campaign was about torpedoing Medicare for All.

He said he'd veto it if a Democratic Congress put the bill on his desk. The guy literally said every American getting healthcare would be an insult to his dead son (not kidding).

Now...he did say he would support a Public Healthcare "option". But he hasn't said a fuckin word about it since the week Bernie dropped out, almost 4 years ago.

From my perspective, we're given a choice between a center-Right agenda. And a fascist one. God Bless America.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
From my perspective, we're given a choice between a center-Right agenda. And a fascist one.
While I don't agree with you on this statement, if one were to assume it was true, it's still a pretty easy fucking choice. At least with a center right agenda there an opportunity to drag it left. With a fascist agenda, all is lost and recovery may be impossible. A fascist agenda ends democracy. A fascist agenda empowers Extremists who have no interest in equity or equality. We've had center right governments before, and we still exist with our same ideals intact, even if, as you think, they aren't being actuated. They're still within reach, and I personally truly believe that Biden's views and targets are much more like mine than any of the fascist alternatives presented by the Maga monsters and their enablers.

florduh

While I don't agree with you on this statement, if one were to assume it was true, it's still a pretty easy fucking choice.

I was only responding to the list of policy proposals you posted. Neither Party is offering any of that. The choice is between holding things at this current level of Bad. Or actively making things much, much worse. It's an easy choice, yes. Just a depressing one.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Again, I understand that you don't believe that President Biden is promoting these agenda items for the future of our country, but they are the agenda and platform of the Democratic party which Biden heads. They are the diametric opposite of what the Republicans stand for, if one can discern what they stand for other than violence, racism, white supremacy and misogyny. They have no platform to speak of other than what they're against, just like in 2020. You don't have to love Biden to support the Democrats. Really hating what the Republicans promise to do is certainly enough. At least it would be for me if I didn't actually support Joe Biden, which I do.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Forgive me. I was wrong. They do have a platform after all. Let me know if it makes anyone feel better...

Top Bottom