Random thoughts

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Everyone should spend as much time in the pines and crisp water as much as possible. Even more, if possible!
I try to find a place with a high altitude with a natural spring. Cornell - Slide Mt region in the Catskills has that. Rock filtered water going into the Hudson River. Large trees with enormous roots covering even larger rocks. The roar of falling water the entire hike in. The Vistas and saddle between Cornell and slide. Good times. I'm in a state surrounded by state lands to explore. Then their is the ADK and FLT trails to name a few. Still finding new places less than 5 miles from home.

killick

But I like it!
A friend lives near this place - we'll be visiting soon (it's about 3 hours, if no avalanches :)
http://www.halcyon-hotsprings.com/

@CuckFumbustion We live at altitude above a series of mountain lakes in the Okanagan. Some days when you are out in the bush you can hear the trees breathe. Or maybe it's the vape. Either way there is nothing better than living somewhere that you get to explore! There's nothing better than grabbing the dog and a vape and going for a wander...

CuckFumbustion

@CuckFumbustion We live at altitude above a series of mountain lakes in the Okanagan. Some days when you are out in the bush you can hear the trees breathe. Or maybe it's the vape. Either way there is nothing better than living somewhere that you get to explore! There's nothing better than grabbing the dog and a vape and going for a wander...
I can hear the air through the trees and think I hear water. But my ears are open to anything breathing. Especially at night.

You probably get to enjoy the stillness and can hear the absence of noise late at night where you are at. Then the more subtle energy of the trees or the vape. or perhaps both??
When I hike miles away from the trail head in the Andirondaks in High Peaks Region. There is sometimes very little life sounds of any kind to sense. Only the sound of the earth itself is left to hear. Om
Streams have that effect on me too.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I hate the Oscars and all the other award shows. Tired of selfies too.

Ellen-DeGeneres-star-studded-selfie-at-the-2014-Oscars-GIF.gif

Edit
I may watch Chris Rock's monologue - I'm curious what he will say. He will add his brand of humor to the black Oscar controversy.

Last edited:

OOBubblesOO

Over-User of gifs
+1 Check out the vid in the link. :nod: Or any of these series. FTM.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p005m44b

Oh yeah, Ive seen those a few times.

David Attenborough is one phenomenal human being IMO. He is the very voice of nature. Plants and Animals alike.

I would guess that he has experienced more of the many wonders that this world has to offer than any other person that has walked it.

Bubs :tup:

Cucumber plant cuCUMbering it's seeds all over the place.

3TZEsSu.gif

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:

killick

But I like it!
Has anyone ever noticed that FC tends to have a calming effect on people once they've been in here for awhile? Or maybe it's just the vape speaking. Or the other vape. Or the other vape... It's vape night! :uhh:, or something...

CuckFumbustion

Only if you are bound to linear time;
try to avoid putting temporal limits on your realities :sherlock:
How many times have we have caught ourselves doing that? But even that is temporary. If I can take pause. :uhh: or something....I try to remember Reality tunnels as another model to refer to to break from the 'social tuning'. Or I vape. or both.
Perhaps I can become a social tuner or a social tuning fork? BTW. @killick Every night is vape night somewhere at FC. :whoa: That alone has a calming effect. Now trance out to that before going to this link --->. http://www.worldometers.info/
or this http://hdontap.com/index.php/video or http://www.earthcam.com/network/

Hope to get some earth tuning and get some hiking in. Hear the Om at night. Watch nature enter into spring.:luv: Only social tuning I'll be broadcasting will be greeting hikers, giving directions and helpful info, and petting their dogs. :lol: Not planning any selfies or reality tv moments with celebrities. :haw:

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I had my performance review yesterday & it did not end well but I have had my hand forced so I am leaving my job after 13 years. I have worked my way up in the business & am regarded as the "go to guy" on certain areas. I am continually praised by senior leadership & management & have played a major role in winning some of the biggest contracts available in my industry. I win the "biggest non sales asset" award at the leadership conference voted by managers again yet I still cannot achieve an "excellent" rating by my manager even tough I have exceeded every key measurable & KPI.

Money does not really motivate me & nor does fancy titles or accolades. I expect to be fairly paid for a fair days work & I am paid reasonably well. I could demand another $20k a year & get it but it will not change the fact that the company have not been able to source another "me" in 8 months. I have interviewed at least 5 candidates who should not have made it to interview stage. There has also been a change in the top leadership & I do not find them inspiring me to do anything other than leave.

This is not a decision taken lightly as I will be walking away from a good job without any idea what I am going to do but do not tell me you can't rate me an excellent & then not only fail to justify why but openly admit you have no idea how it is achievable. I don't give a fuck about my rating TBH but I have extremely strong principals & personal integrity.

In light of that I have decided to withdraw my employment resource from the company & take some time out to let me work out what I am going to do. I have done the rough numbers & can survive at least 6 months without working. It all started as a random thought but that has gained serious momentum the last week & yesterday was the final straw.

I am too stoned to read my contract but I am owed nearly $10k as a bonus & need to ensure I get that when I resign. If I was not entitled to that I would have resigned today.

Once I resign I am going to drive to Melbourne the long way & take my time down the coast hopefully finding a nice quiet place to relax for a few days & take stock. Maybe I head north instead? I have no fucking idea except that I intend on being unemployed after Easter as fuck em I want those public holidays paid in full!

grokit

well-worn member
I hereby nominate this for the fuck you !!! thread :tup:
I had my performance review yesterday & it did not end well but I have had my hand forced so I am leaving my job after 13 years. I have worked my way up in the business & am regarded as the "go to guy" on certain areas. I am continually praised by senior leadership & management & have played a major role in winning some of the biggest contracts available in my industry. I win the "biggest non sales asset" award at the leadership conference voted by managers again yet I still cannot achieve an "excellent" rating by my manager even tough I have exceeded every key measurable & KPI.

Money does not really motivate me & nor does fancy titles or accolades. I expect to be fairly paid for a fair days work & I am paid reasonably well. I could demand another $20k a year & get it but it will not change the fact that the company have not been able to source another "me" in 8 months. I have interviewed at least 5 candidates who should not have made it to interview stage. There has also been a change in the top leadership & I do not find them inspiring me to do anything other than leave.

This is not a decision taken lightly as I will be walking away from a good job without any idea what I am going to do but do not tell me you can't rate me an excellent & then not only fail to justify why but openly admit you have no idea how it is achievable. I don't give a fuck about my rating TBH but I have extremely strong principals & personal integrity.

In light of that I have decided to withdraw my employment resource from the company & take some time out to let me work out what I am going to do. I have done the rough numbers & can survive at least 6 months without working. It all started as a random thought but that has gained serious momentum the last week & yesterday was the final straw.

I am too stoned to read my contract but I am owed nearly $10k as a bonus & need to ensure I get that when I resign. If I was not entitled to that I would have resigned today.

Once I resign I am going to drive to Melbourne the long way & take my time down the coast hopefully finding a nice quiet place to relax for a few days & take stock. Maybe I head north instead? I have no fucking idea except that I intend on being unemployed after Easter as fuck em I want those public holidays paid in full!

Top Bottom