Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

My first day with my new PD. It is EVERYTHING I expected and more. In not sure I posses words that would ad to all of the good things said about Tom and Pammie. They are outstanding examples of humans Doing Life very well :) If it were not for their warmhearted kindness, understanding and treating a total stranger like a friend I would not have it. A very big THANK YOU again.
To the other oldfart much respect, however my apologies sir; as old and ragged as she may be, I believe mine trumps yours.. ;)

Out with the old on the right, in with the new :cool:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old Fart 024,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
I did not mean anything by it, just joking around. Sorry for any misunderstandings, I for one am just very glad the North won. Just my HO. No harm meant. :)

I will edit my post to make it more than just a flag. Very good idea.

Ripbongs420,

Purple-Days

Your pic is already entered, it's cool, just enter another, next day, per the rules. Everybody (PD owners) are welcome to enter and there are multiple categories to win in. And no worries, we just don't want un-healthy (conflict) stuff... :) .

Good luck, enter another (pic or drawing) tomorrow. Everybody stands an even chance (or better, depending on how often you enter), and you don't have to buy a post card or mail it either . . . :cool:

Next contest will be a posty card entry, so get your card ahead of time... :cool:

Purple-Days,

iMilky

Well heres my photo for the day!! :)

DSC00459.jpg

iMilky,

VaporEyeSore

Can someone post the output voltage from their AC transformers pls? I got hold of a second hand one and want to see if the power supply is regulated or unregulated as i need to buy a new one for uk.

VaporEyeSore,

Purple-Days

Some morning fun for the PD family.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=irLsjBDPe5c
Bohemian Rhapsody, 4 guys in a rusty VW. A pretty neat version.

+++

VaporEyeSore, you can use un-regulated power supplies with a PD. We do. Output voltage depends on line voltage, they usually run higher than the rated 12V (unloaded). Regulated 'should' output 12V no matter the input Voltage or load (as long as it is under the amperage rating). Regulated will be more expensive and may not be worth the extra bucks.

+++

OK, here is some more, Ace of Spades in a sauna. The Porkka Playboys...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci8IoKkHrjY&feature=related

Purple-Days,

hereatlast

"Sorry buddy, today's not a good day to come to work."

PDEntry615.jpg

(Sidenote: I've enjoyed my PD at some job-sites, mostly when I'm working slowly, safely and alone. Don't like to bring the PD when power-tools will be in use. Hats off to Tom and his workshop PD :cool: )

hereatlast,

VaporEyeSore

Purple-Days said:
+++

VaporEyeSore, you can use un-regulated power supplies with a PD. We do. Output voltage depends on line voltage, they usually run higher than the rated 12V (unloaded). Regulated 'should' output 12V no matter the input Voltage or load (as long as it is under the amperage rating). Regulated will be more expensive and may not be worth the extra bucks.

+++

Thanks Tom. I would still really appreciate if someone could stick a tester on the end of their PD power supply so I can get a better idea of what voltage I need here in UK for best results.

VaporEyeSore,

Purple-Days

I would snap a pic but I think my multi-meter's battery is going out. Getting unrealistic readings... on all scales.

The Jameco.com #10081 AC-AC 12V @1000 mA supplies seem to average about 14 V with no load (just the meter). It's interesting because a car (running) alternator will run at 13.7V and makes the PD hotter than the wall power supply, so there is some drop of Voltage below that unloaded reading on our wall power supply. These figures do not mean you should use a 13 or 14 Volts rated supply. Use a 12 V power supply.

Purple-Days,

An Ita

Just dope
Hello PD land. I received my Purple Days Thursday last, and am finally getting around to posting some initial pics and thoughts.

Some un-boxing..
image320p.jpg

image322n.jpg

porta-billy!
image323e.jpg

Here's Morticia with her wooden tool hat on..
image326b.jpg

image328.jpg

image330q.jpg

image331ng.jpg

Myrtle wood and black snake leather, and a porta-billy to match. Very nice indeed, I like it a lot.

To any people reading this thread and still concerned about the wait...well, it's worth it. :2c:

During the wait I was able to read the whole thread, so I have gotten up to speed on using it very quickly, I feel.
It has been plugged in constantly since I received it, except when going to and from the car. It's very handy that way.
I also procured some lemon oil and some peppermint oil, and it is quite nice to have some diffusing while she's not bein hit or buttered.

Well, thanks to all the family for providing tips and knowledge in this thread, and for developing the various methods of usage and sharing them here.
Also, thanks to Tom and Pammy for a great vape and great service.
Have a very purple day, all..

An Ita,

VaporEyeSore

Purple-Days said:
I would snap a pic but I think my multi-meter's battery is going out. Getting unrealistic readings... on all scales.

The Jameco.com #10081 AC-AC 12V @1000 mA supplies seem to average about 14 V with no load (just the meter). It's interesting because a car (running) alternator will run at 13.7V and makes the PD hotter than the wall power supply, so there is some drop of Voltage below that unloaded reading on our wall power supply. These figures do not mean you should use a 13 or 14 Volts rated supply. Use a 12 V power supply.
luv ya thanks Tom exactly what I wanted to know and very interesting about the car battery running hotter must test that:)

VaporEyeSore,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
Purple-Days said:
Some morning fun for the PD family.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=irLsjBDPe5c
Bohemian Rhapsody, 4 guys in a rusty VW. A pretty neat version.

OK, here is some more, Ace of Spades in a sauna. The Porkka Playboys...

Wow! that was awesome! who knew you could fit Bohemian Rhapsody into a old VW coupe polo haha. I also loved how they did the classic "Wayne's World" head bang. Could not stop laughing :lol:

Heres todays pic :p

PDFC.jpg

Have a great day everyone, and remember FC! :D

Ripbongs420,

djonkoman

img1526mt.jpg

the bottom of the clay-pd is also dark, like the shoes, but I notice it isn't even visible:p

djonkoman,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
djonkoman said:
the bottom of the clay-pd is also dark, like the shoes, but I notice it isn't even visible:p

The dreads are great! Your PD got jealous of you for having a PD, had to get his own. ;)

Ripbongs420,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
"use your finger tip to push down and twist to pack it, it should pack it just enough for it to be secure."

Never considered twisting to pack it but this smart. Regardless after the first hit the weed will be resiny and adhere to the stem. Most important is not to pack the stem tight but just slightly as NYCD describes...only to keep the bud from falling out. Are you drying out your bud before doing anything?

"is grind my herb up in my spacecase, usually a quart at a time, as that's what I get my herb as."

A quart? that is alot. Do you mean a quarter?

jeffp,

Purple-Days

Long workday today, a few hours to go. Gonna try to make up for half a day off tomorrow... getting stuff out early so we can enjoy the lunch special at the Chinese place nearby. Then a relaxing afternoon off, maybe a little pool time.

Pammy and I are celebrating :party: 22 years since the day we met. Love at first sight :love: , together ever since.

+++

Welcome to the PD Family and thanks for the nice comments folks. :) Enjoy.

+++

Enjoying these pictures, I can see judging will be difficult. :cool: Been thinking about making PD bowls for the judged prizes. :cool:

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
That's awesome Tom. Congratulations. It's a beautiful evening in NYC tonight - the moon is spectacular...
I ordered a memory card from Ebay so soon enough I'll be contributing to this fun contest....

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

agreed, jeff. we have a pretty much full moon tonight :uhoh: :rolleyes:

I too need a new memory card for my camera, then maybe I can show how I pack my stems on video

Nycdeisel,

mlo4sho

Photo0815.jpg

My first entry. It's a shame I couldn't get it to focus. My cat's like "wasn't me".

mlo4sho,
Top Bottom