Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Milk

Mike
Love those, that's what I have my eye on. Target clearance end of season, the kits get to around 75% off. Missed it last time will keep a closer eye this time. Going to swing by big lots too, maybe we will get lucky. Thanks Tom.

Milk,

Purple-Days

Big Lots had the 10 footers with pump for $89 I think. Would have been just as cheap (in the end) but we only have the 8 feet of space, and that $35 price tag lured me in. :lol:

Purple-Days,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
ROFL!! When I was pregnant over 18 years ago it was summer heat wave and I bought one of those same blow up type pools. My husband thought I was nuts....but damn I loved that thing for that one summer! Now we've had in ground pools for decades at our last two houses and I never go use them, go figure.

Lo,

Purple-Days

^^^ Pammy had a round galvanized water trough to 'swim' in as a child. The container (and size) doesn't matter! ;) :D

Once stabilized, and with the $12 HTH test strips from Wally-World to confirm, (hey, I paid a premium for some good advice and supplies and toys at the pool supply and will return for more...), the two to three small tabs at a time, and 6 hour (off peak) a day circulation seem to do the trick. Go For It . Buy an Intex ! But be aware of maintenance cost. And daily checks on water quality. Recycling 15-20% of the water onto the mesquite tree and some other hardy stuff once in a while will justify some water use... :uhoh:

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

Didn't expect the UPS man today, Fiddleback Maple arrived... Tyvek wrap as usual.
mmfo5h.jpg

We like our lumber family. ;)

Opened up, it's good stuff.
28hk5c2.jpg

AA+ by my standards... Nice ...

15804qw.jpg

Probably available in September.

Purple-Days,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Sweet looking maple ;) Hope you and Pammy have a wonderful holiday weekend :)

Lo,

alexwallis

Hi,
I am pretty vaked from my old friend the pd, after one stem, so I hope this message still makes sense.

If it doesn't or I am thinking utter rubbish, please feel free to tell me.

But I had an interesting idea for powering the pd. I was thinking this might be particularly useful if you had no mains, but had a laptop on battery power.

This is my idea, would it be possible to run a pd off an USB port with no mains power needed as long as say you had a laptop with a battery?

I am thinking, because you can get a lot of devices that run off USB, such as fish tanks, christmas tree lights, as well as the usual hard drives, mobile phone and ipod chargers, all needing different levels of power.
I just thought, I wonder if the pd could work off USb given modification of the wiring, as there are quite a lot of devices that need 13 volts.
any thoughts from anyone welcome?

alexwallis,

VaporEyeSore

Purple-Days said:
Alex, the Purple-Days requires 12 Volts @1000mA. A USB power pin is 5 Volts. Won't work.
Which transformers do you use btw are they AC or DC ? Which does it ship with ?

VaporEyeSore,

alexwallis

Hi.
I hadn't considered firewire as an option, I don't know about the technical specs for that port, but it isn't as common as USB, although my laptop does have a firewire port.

Tom, I know you said you don't think powering the PD off USB will work, however you might find the following page of interest.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/LaFonera_Hardware_Power_from_USB

obviously you can ignore what the poster is talking about regarding the router,
however, in one section he is talking about what to do if someone needs more power, and describes some kind of double headed USB cable,
and he states.
"Confirmed. The two head USB cable (typically for external 2.5" hard drives) will work to power a device that is rated as 12 volts, 1000ma."

what do you think? It makes sense to me given that each USB port can supply up to 500 MA, though I am not precisely sure how the writer was able to get from 5 to 12 volts for the ports.
Anyway, I just post this up as food for thought, any comments welcome.

alexwallis,

alexwallis

Hi.
I was board, so started looking into battery packs for the PD.
I ran across a company which apparently can design custom battery packs for companies and individuals.
www.batteryspace.com

just thought I would put the info out there, in case someone wants to make use of it. Though it would be cool if some kind of double headed USB cable could be made to run the PD off USB like that other link I gave suggested might be possible.

alexwallis,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
alexwallis said:
Hi.
I hadn't considered firewire as an option, I don't know about the technical specs for that port, but it isn't as common as USB, although my laptop does have a firewire port.

Tom, I know you said you don't think powering the PD off USB will work, however you might find the following page of interest.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/LaFonera_Hardware_Power_from_USB

obviously you can ignore what the poster is talking about regarding the router,
however, in one section he is talking about what to do if someone needs more power, and describes some kind of double headed USB cable,
and he states.
"Confirmed. The two head USB cable (typically for external 2.5" hard drives) will work to power a device that is rated as 12 volts, 1000ma."

what do you think? It makes sense to me given that each USB port can supply up to 500 MA, though I am not precisely sure how the writer was able to get from 5 to 12 volts for the ports.
Anyway, I just post this up as food for thought, any comments welcome.

Theoretically if you took a laptop with a fully charged 8 cell battery, and the PD sucked 12 volts @1000 ma, and required about 45 mins for optimal heat up (assuming your plugging it in cold), then wouldn't the battery be juiced out by then? I'm sure there's a way to mathematically figure it out, but it just seems that a laptop battery wouldn't be able to sustain that much power for that long.

MajorDoobage,

alexwallis

Hi.
surely, it depends a lot on the capacity of the cells in the battery.
also, you can get laptops with very long lasting batteries these days, up to 9 hours or so I believe now, though my battery only lasts between 6 and 8. I remember the old days though when you were lucky if you got about 3 hours from a laptop.

Also, remember you could extend the runtime of the pd off a laptop battery, by turning off a lot of the functions on the laptop, for example hard discs, monitor, webcam, wireless card, bluetooth, and lots of programs on the laptop to reduce memory and processor useage.
I am sure there are a lot of other things that could be switched off on the average laptop.
after all, its up to people weather they just want to power the pd off the laptop or want to try to work at the same time.

alexwallis,

alexwallis

Hi.
I am writing for some advice.
I am not particularly vaked tonight, or at least I didn't think I was.
I finished my first stem, cleared it and then put some music on and absently began filling a stem.
You guest it, I just sat there packing and packing for a minute or two, and only then figured out I was packing the mouth end rather than the bit that goes in the heat exchanger.
So, predictable question, how do I clear it without say having to remove the screen or soak in alcohol?
as I don't have any alcohol to hand, and I wouldn't like to try getting one of those screens back in without help.
I tried blowing into both ends of the tube with no result.
thanks for any help.

alexwallis,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
alexwallis said:
Hi.
also, you can get laptops with very long lasting batteries these days, up to 9 hours or so I believe now, though my battery only lasts between 6 and 8. I remember the old days though when you were lucky if you got about 3 hours from a laptop.

Also, remember you could extend the runtime of the pd off a laptop battery, by turning off a lot of the functions on the laptop, for example hard discs, monitor, webcam, wireless card, bluetooth, and lots of programs on the laptop to reduce memory and processor useage.
I am sure there are a lot of other things that could be switched off on the average laptop.
after all, its up to people weather they just want to power the pd off the laptop or want to try to work at the same time.

Well there's always this strategy if you're not worried about ruining the environment and keeping a low profile :D :lol:

PD%252520Forrest.jpg

MajorDoobage,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Alex, that's an incredible mistake! I honestly don't think there's much you can do except for removing the screen.
Don't feel bad; someone once tried to adjust the temperature on one of my whip vapes by turning the heater cover.
You have to be careful what you do especially after a load.

jeffp,

alexwallis

ouch, sounds nastty. So your friend turned the cover and in doing so exposed there hand to hot metal?
did they try vaping again after that?

from the sounds of things I got off lightly with filling my tube the wrong way.
cleaning it isn't going to be easy, especially getting the screen in and out, unless anyone has any other ideas for cleaning?

alexwallis,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
@alex - I need to know what strain you're vaping! :cool:

Try soaking it in alcohol for awhile. It can't hurt.

:peace:

Stu,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Or just forget about it and use the other two tubes - down the line you could experiment with removing the screen to clear the tube as a hobby project.
Who knows, maybe ISO alcohol will eventually decompose and liquify the herb and it will just spill out but that may take the rest of your life to see happen.
You can always order a few spare tubes from the PD site - they're not very expensive and it's nice to have a few extras in general.
I would wait for Tom to chime in - he may have the only intelligent answer - but I think you're going to have to remove the screen to see any results.

jeffp,

RaK427

MajorDoobage said:
alexwallis said:
Hi.

Well there's always this strategy if you're not worried about ruining the environment and keeping a low profile :D :lol:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAAAHU/4SYd9AcBAwE/s640/PD%2520Forrest.jpg

I love it.

RaK427,

Biw

Alex, you could try using one of those keyboard dusters with the little straw to stick in there and blow the herb out.

Biw,

djonkoman

did a quick search and couldn't find it, when using a bong with the pd, wich size downstem does the tube fit in?
and is the stock tube the same outer diameter as ed's tubes? (so would they have the same fit in a bong)

djonkoman,
Top Bottom