Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I have a question...currently I am shopping around for my next vape and I am really interested in going witha log vape. I love what I've read about the PD but it seems that AZ/MZ are similar and now this EpicVape has come along. What are the differences between the 3 and what would anyone recommend? I currently use my MFLB most of the time but I am looking for easy, quick to heat up and something that will maxmize my use efficiently. The negative I've heard about the PD was that it could take up to 6 weeks to receive the unit. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Looking for some wisdon from the vapor jedi's!

mvapes,

Purple-Days

Mvapes, there are separate threads on each of the products you mention. This thread is Purple-Days specific. If you want to ask comparison questions, like, "which vape should I buy?"... there is a separate forum section called Ask FC http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewforum.php?id=12 where there have been comparison threads directly answering most of your questions. Or Start a new thread asking whatever you like, that's what Ask FC is for.

To answer your PD specific question, yes, the current lead time is about about 6 weeks.
I work long hours most days and strive to make the best product I know how, it takes time, and some folks are willing to wait for what I offer.

Some days I take a little time for me and Pammy. Like making her a nice tube. I first made wooden tubes in 2008, but we both lost them and . . . So, Pammy was asking about another wooden tube the other day.
Another present for Pammy, but not just any dowel. If y'all haven't noticed, I am a hobby woodworker and have been since I was a young boy.

2wly8tj.jpg

Tea Tree for Pammy, no they aren't for sale this was a one off gift.

Purple-Days,

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
That is a beautiful tube. I like the ergo models as well. On another note, does anyone know of a picture that shows how fine I should be grinding my herb? I'm not sure if I'm grinding it fine enough. Thanks in advance.

:peace:

Madcap79,

weedemon

enthusiast
with grind size for a pd, i find a medium grind is preferable for me. for my mflb i prefer a much finer grind. but with the pd i don't like pulling through a "sandy" mouthful as I am loading it. so i find that with a "medium" type grind works nicely. I target a larger piece of leaf or chunk of bud and load that in first to go against the screen(this acts as a 2nd screen more or less to catch the small stuff) and then suck up the smaller stuff.

since i dont have a pic for ya, here is how i would describe the grind differences:

Fine: this is now weed flour :D a very small particle size and I would compare it to dry sandy texture with the hairs spread though it.

medium: this is when you find it a little of fine grind, and a little of large remains as well. the larger pieces should not be very curly.

large: this is a very loose and quick bust. big chunks of buds and leaf remain. i don't really use a loose grind ever.

mvapes said:
I am shopping around for my next vape and I am really interested in going witha log vape. I currently use my MFLB most of the time but I am looking for easy, quick to heat up and something that will maxmize my use efficiently. The negative I've heard about the PD was that it could take up to 6 weeks to receive the unit.

the log roundup and comparison thead: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=4604

another you might be interested in is: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=5235

the inital heat up time for a log vape is 30-45 min from the time you plug it in. i suspect you didn't know that about them?

do you have the Power adapter unit for the mflb? that will kick it up a notch for ya. if you make a thread asking what to get in the ask FC section i will totally help you pick something out. as will a lot of other people :D

weedemon,

Madcap79

Thanks weedemon :ko: The medium grind sounds about like what I grind it to. Just wanted to make sure it was fine enough. I get good hits, just wanted to make sure I was maximizing it's potential.

Madcap79,

weedemon

enthusiast
Madcap79 said:
I get good hits, just wanted to make sure I was maximizing it's potential.

an even more important aspect is how tight you pack it in there. too tight, and it is too restricted to give a good cloud. too loose and it falls out. (not a biggie but worth mentioning)

all about finding that special Goldilocks zone :p

weedemon,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Madcap79 said:
That is a beautiful tube. I like the ergo models as well. On another note, does anyone know of a picture that shows how fine I should be grinding my herb? I'm not sure if I'm grinding it fine enough. Thanks in advance.
:peace:

I had some pics in the herb grinders thread. The 2nd to last pic shows 3 different coarseness' from diff grinders. Unfortunately I didn't put anything to give scale, but maybe use the grain the cheap laminate on my desk? Or the calyxes themselves? Anyway, I use the top (medium) grind from my PD. It's a bit finer that is typically easy with a cnc- I used a plastic toothed grinder (molino).

IME out of all the different grinds I've made with different grinders I've had and lost this seems to be just about right for the PD. Not too fine that it hampers the draw, and not too coarse that it doesn't 'suck up' easily. It's also consistent size and few little bits to suck up through the screen into you mouth.

WatTyler,

Madcap79

weedemon said:
Madcap79 said:
I get good hits, just wanted to make sure I was maximizing it's potential.

an even more important aspect is how tight you pack it in there. too tight, and it is too restricted to give a good cloud. too loose and it falls out. (not a biggie but worth mentioning)

all about finding that special Goldilocks zone :p

I use the straw method. Seems to work for me. Thanks for the feedback.

Madcap79,

weedemon

enthusiast
Madcap79 said:

straw for me too. except i pack w/e is poking out the end at the end of the fill.

weedemon,

Madcap79

weedemon said:
Madcap79 said:

straw for me too. except i pack w/e is poking out the end at the end of the fill.

I do the same sir. I little twist of the fingertip and all is well. :p

Madcap79,

nuvap

85% Sativa / 15% Indica
I've started doing this with each stem and find it works the best for me.

Let the empty stem sit in the PD for 10-15 seconds before loading, then load a medium-fine grind via the straw method and tap the end with your finger, the heated stem will help the finer grind stay nicely seated. I test to make sure nothing is falling out with the palm of my hand I then stand the stem in the PD for 5-10 seconds before slowly drawing from it. I love the draw I get when using this method.

nuvap,

Madcap79

I'm gonna try that out too. It's good to try out different methods just to see what will get you the best results.

Side note, how does one get the log vape icon in the signature?

Madcap79,

alexwallis

Hi.
A question, I just came back from holiday in Cuba, its a wonderful country, wish I was still there.

But, I am wondering would wood from a palm tree be suitable for making a pd?
As I saw a lot of trees while I was out there, and I just love how smooth the wood feels, even while still on the tree, and I found myself thinking what would it be like as a pd, covered in buzz butter etc, I am sure it would feel really nice to hold in the hand, given the living natural wood on the tree is already really smooth.
Of course I am no expert on wood or trees, so thought I would throw the question out to the rest of the family.

alexwallis,

Drops

Vaporist
Got my Confirmation today. :)
Wait #1 (Long one) is over, now for the shorter wait (Shipping).

Thanks Tom and Pammy, I am sure I am going to love this new toy. :)

Also that wood stem looks pretty sweet. :)

Drops,

Nycdeisel

whoa that wooden stem you made for pammy is absolutely awesome!! very cool, im sure people wuld pay a pretty penny for those but I know you arent selling them :) tell pammy to enjoy it for the rest of us :p

Nycdeisel,

iMilky

How's it going fellas, have yet to post on here but I've read probably all 300 plus pages to this thread and am a big fan of the pd even though I just received my first one less than a week ago. First off this vape is incredible, I had sold my vapor bros to my buddy so I could buy one; as kind of a friend he is he allowed me to hold onto the vb until the pd arrived. The pd that I ordered/have is a black walnut with a bison bottom.. When my pd arrived I quickly noticed that there is no purple days symbol burnt into it, being myself I think that's pretty awesome, i like to make myself believe its rare haha, anyway it looks gorgeous, ill work on a pic or two sometime soon, also my pd came with a small cylindrical piece of wood to fit over top of the hot metal pieces of the vape when it is not in use; it seems like a great idea as it keeps dust from getting into the vape and provides some more in insulation.

iMilky,

Drops

Vaporist
iMilky said:
also my pd came with a small cylindrical piece of wood to fit over top of the hot metal pieces of the vape when it is not in use; it seems like a great idea as it keeps dust from getting into the vape and provides some more in insulation.

I think that is the "small wooden re-seating clip tool"

Drops,

lwien

iMilky said:
also my pd came with a small cylindrical piece of wood to fit over top of the hot metal pieces of the vape when it is not in use; it seems like a great idea as it keeps dust from getting into the vape and provides some more in insulation.

That's not what it's for. It's only to be used to reseat the top heat exchanger clip if it should ever become unseated.

Tom, btw, nice tube. No doubt Pammy will put it to good use. (Maybe I should have worded that a bit differently :uhoh: )

lwien,

Purple-Days

iMilky, welcome to the forum. Yes the Black Walnut with no laser logo is from a small run of figured Black Walnut I had set aside. So it is sorta special, at least not the normal path.

Our supply chain of regular furniture grade Black Walnut was disrupted for a short time and I broke into that figured stash and turned those myself.

Normally the wood goes from Lumber supplier (in Idaho) to Woodshop on the Oregon Coast just a few miles from where we lived. It gets turned and lasered there and shipped on to us where I bore and build the the units (and all the parts). Special stuff like the Fiddleback Maple (on the way) or other Figured woods I turn here in the shop.

Glad folks like some of my woodworking, thanks for the comments.

It's fun stuff for me. My first lathe, maybe 40 years ago, was foot operated. A garage door spring, mounted to the floor joists above Dad's basement (caught hell...) , attach rope, rope wound around the workpiece, mounted between two sharpened lag bolts in fixed head and tail-stocks of wood mounted to the workbench. My first lathe tool was a skew sharpened, flat bladed screwdriver :lol: . Standing on one foot, with the other on a board, rope attached to one end, you pumped up and down, trying to cut on the down stroke :bang: . Also known as a pole lathe (with the garage spring substituted for a flexible pole). Yes, primitive, by my modern shop standards, but it made some nice things, right up Roy Underhill's alley. Obviously sawdust and wood chips are something I like, or I would never have built a pole lathe... :cool:

Purple-Days,

iMilky

Thanks for clearing that up for me! I read that there was a tool for that in the pamphlet but I guess I never put two and two together.. Tom, that is great to hear! I was hoping to receive one of the 'fancy' walnut units. Also I love that you built every bit of it by hand, it is incredibly impressive and I appreciate your hard work very much.

iMilky,
Top Bottom