Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

chimpybits

Thanks hereatlast and lwien. That is super helpful. I can't get you to commit to a recommended middle temp wood I suppose ...

chimpybits,

Nycdeisel

if you really wanted tubing(I find most plastics add a taste, silicon is less likely to do that though) you need food/medical safe tubing.

Nycdeisel,

chimpybits

Thanks Nycdeisel the USPlastics that hereatlast mentioned is food grade.

I think I'm keener on starting with this as opposed to the bong as I'm too lazy at this point to do yet more research. Though bong is certainly something to look forward to.

chimpybits,

lwien

Nycdeisel said:
if you really wanted tubing(I find most plastics add a taste, silicon is less likely to do that though) you need food/medical safe tubing.

Yeah, that's what I don't like about whips. The added taste plus the condensation build up.

lwien,

Nycdeisel

yea that too, since it cant really be cleaned you need to have extra tubing as well. cant just go to a store and find that type of stuff

Nycdeisel,

chimpybits

OK, I like the look of the Walnut, but think it prudent not to get a wood bringing the highest temps (again guessing I should go for a mid-temp and thinking it is easier to raise the temp via a sock). Some say Walnut runs cooler than Cherry (which is the hottest running) and some say they are the same. Opinions?

chimpybits,

lwien

stickstones said:
I added some tubing from my SSV tubing to a PD tube and it helped with my irritation.

No it didn't.

You're still as irritating as hell. ;)

lwien,

chimpybits

Nice thanks stickstones for the vote for tubing. Naturally, I'll give it a try without tubing first before jumping to conclusions. I'm happy to .. um test the unit ; )

chimpybits,

lwien

Yeah, my first PD was a Cherry that I got over two years ago. About a year ago, I thought I wanted one that ran a bit cooler, so I got the Ash too. Used it about 8 times. Went back to the Cherry and haven't looked back. Works at the perfect temp.............for me.

lwien,

Milk

Mike
Give it some time, maybe we can see some numbers once the new thermometer gets into Tom's hands. If you're in a rush just go with the classic and another once we have some specs. never hurts to have more than one PD. The slight variation of temperature due to wood type can probably be easily compensated for with a coozy (or a sock), not to mention that the ambient temperature usually fluctuates quite a bit in one's home. You will most likely be able to remedy any sensitivity with a little food grade tubing or as some people suggested having a little juice/water to sip while you vape. :2c:

Milk,

Nycdeisel

Ok, so for some reason I was hitting my PD today and kept feeling a lot of heat. its possible that my unit is warmer since its now in the 80s most of the time around here, its also possible that I wasnt used to such large hits(I had been using my LB a lot lately), and I used my bong with it, but I wasnt really looking for more moisture, just some cooling down, so I hooked the regular stem up to my mini beaker, dry, with no water. it hits pretty well, preserves taste, and cools it down, no plastic tubing, no water. I bet a dry gong steamroller would work well in place of this.

Nycdeisel,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
funny shit lwien!

chimpy...to each his own. the guy i leant my pd to started out hitting it straight out of the bullet tube. i freaked on him and showed him my carb tube. hopefully he is using his standard tube now.

stickstones,

chimpybits

OK, I'll just have to make my decision as I do want to get going with this. Reckon I'm going with Myrtle as it is easier to increase the temperatures with cozies. Anyone wanna recommend a grinder to go with it?

chimpybits,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
+1 for the Mendo Mulchers. I have both the large 4-pc and the large 2-pc and they are very high quality indeed.
:peace:

Stu,

An Ita

Just dope
Well I was recently informed that the wood for my order is already bored, and hopefully will ship out next week.
Do you think I should send along some reading material, maybe some music to help it pass the time til it can get to me?

An Ita,

Nycdeisel

I have a 2 piece Space Case and it grinds to the perfect consistence for the PD IMO, never had any problem.

Im using the PD dry with the bong again and its a lot easier to control the vapor then with water. its justa big dry glass chamber but it works real well, I will try to get a videp up soon

Nycdeisel,

Purple-Days

This is my opinion...

I have used Mix-N-Ball and Space Case two piece grinders, both are well suited to the purpose.

The Mix-N-Ball 2pc is great, good grind, a shallow indent on one (outer) side
to hold the ground stuff, nice feature.

The Space Case has a magnetic hold feature that we like too. A great grind.
I (me) don't like 3-4-5-86 piece grinders.... That's just me... No hate...

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Having come from a four piece CC, I find that the two piece grinders are much easier to clean and a good whack on the table is my kief collection method of choice. I actually prefer the small Space Case to the medium; I like the tidiness of it. I imagine the Mix-N-Ball and Space Case yield slightly different textures yet both are equivalently well suited.

(NYC'D -) Be interested in seeing what you can do with a dry bong/PD but I wonder if the experience is any different than using a glass stem. Probably meatier hits, right?

jeffp,

hereatlast

I use a 4 piece SC and it works for me with some extra/added grinding. :2c:

I've tried using my glass pieces dry (without water) and was immediately turned off by the result. I think this means that for me the moisturizing is just as important as the cooling. :2c:

hereatlast,

trygve

today is the 3 week mark since i ordered my PD, really looking forward to it. I have a no-name 4 piece grinder that i actually really like. Although no-name can be a gamble.

trygve,

Nebera

Vaporizer Enthusiast
Anyone else use a silver surfer grinder? Those things are damn meaty. Its like the PD of grinders- looks beautiful, tough as hell. I love my 3" purple one. A couple of my friends have them in all different colors. All the colors Ive seen look great. The teeth are far superior to any other grinder I've seen. Also some of them have a replaceable screen, so they really can last forever.
They make space cases look pretty cheap looking... :2c:

Tom, bummer about the stainless steel....

Nebera,
Top Bottom