Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

iMilky

Thanks much fellas, pictures don't do them justice. I can genuinely say I have never owned anything as well made as the pd

iMilky,

Milk

Mike
Pretty one iMilky, love the dark bisson bottoms.

Tom - your pole lathe sounds like quite the learning tool. Turning out some really nice stuff! Have you temp tested Pammy's cooler unit, I'd be interested in what it's "clocked" at.

Milk,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Man... Lovely looking piece there iMilky!! Kudos!

And those pix Tom... Freaking awesome! The stem is so cute, I'm sure Pammy loves it. The grippy PD's...sweet!

Lo,

Purple-Days

Yes, Lo, Pammy won't use anything else now... That was my last piece of Tea Tree, I saw some at the Phoenix Lumber store the other day, and some Sassafras, both in a crate from Australia, and some bowl slabs too, but took a pass, I'm trying to catch up... have enough to do.

Milk, as stated above, I have to get around to things, and that Black Mesquite unit isn't even bored yet. But I do know a bit about how the wood behaves, having made a drill index a while back. It's hard stuff and not the easiest to turn to a smooth finish with fine detail (crisp edges) . . . and in the end I know it will run cooler because of the density... Here is the drill index, just for another look at Black Mesquite.
x5a5tt.jpg

Which has prompted us to order a good laser targeted IR thermometer. I would like to get an accurate averaged temperature for each wood species. I have always used a 'best guess' about the differences, but want a hard figure... Not an exact vaporizing temp, but a comparative temp. ie. if Cherry is X, Myrtle is X minus what ? . . . Black Mesquite X - ?, etc. for each wood species, say 10 samples of each wood before getting any meaningful average. Of course using the same power supply and holding ambient temps fixed, same location (drafts), measured at 1 hour, etc. Should be interesting. :science:

Purple-Days,

Cleanfiend

...and thus marks the end of Buddahmonk's tormented standard wait time. hopefully you can now appreciate why we all told you that it is worth the wait (i.e. shh).

Cleanfiend,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
Please stop posting your amazing photos! I can't take the suspense anymore! :uhoh: 1 month can't pass quickly enough. Carl Sagan once mentioned that if the timeline of the universe was scaled to a 12 month calendar, then humans have only existed in the last second of the last minute of the last hour of the last day of the last month of the year! In comparison, waiting one month is nothing, but I'm sure it will feel like an eternity!

MajorDoobage,

iMilky

Damn that thing looks insane buddah here's another shot a mine just for the hell of it, I tried to get rid of the glare..

peu_20110525_10.jpg

iMilky,

Purple-Days

Purple-Days,

lwien

Serious rare wood collector? That would be more of a hobby than a business.

I have no idea how much a rare piece of wood would cost, or is that just a helluva lot of wood?

That sounds like enough inventory if you were gonna bang out coffee tables for IKEA.

lwien,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
So you want proof? Why does it matter at all to you guys how much wood Ed has? seriously... :shrug: just seems like you guys are asking for conflict, hopefully Ed is a bigger man and simply ignores it all. :peace:

aesthyrian,

Purple-Days

Who asked for proof? I am just quoting what the man has said. Don't you believe him?

Lwein, to give you an idea how much wood that is... if, "hundreds of thousands" = $200,000, and at $20 a board foot (moderately expensive woods), you would have about 10,000 board feet... more than two logging trucks (about 4500 BF per truck per idahoforests.org) of exotic wood. That's a lot of wood. I am impressed. ;)

Purple-Days,

Milk

Mike
We need more people in Brooklyn with a PD, wife's brother lives there - could use a little love :)

Less than a week and you should be set, enjoy it!

Milk,

Nebera

Vaporizer Enthusiast
Purple-Days said:
Same fellow who just said, "drunk chicks are only good for one thing!" . . . http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=4834&p=13 post #310
Wow, what a guy... :o

Ed said that because some drunk chick smoked my poor Blue Mahoe tube like a chillum at a party. (Apparently the purple days wasnt running warm enough for her :rolleyes:) I wasnt even there when it happened.

Also, Tom, ordered a cherry PD for my brother for his birthday last week. A lot of people will be seeing/using this vape so I hope it sparks some Purple Days converts. On another note, a couple pages back I remember you talking about taking more accurate temperature readings of the different woods. I would love to see that data when it become available :D

Nebera,

Purple-Days

Yes, Nebera, I know what the prelude (your episode, link provided for context) to Ed's comment was... If you have a mother, or a wife, a girlfriend, or a daughter and read Ed's comment, you know why it (his comment) is disgusting. I'm sure he thought it was funny as hell, that his machismo would impress all 'the boys'. I am embarrassed by such a 'man', but I know they exist. Ashamed that a fellow forum member would say something like that here. But, it seems to get a pass. I guess I'm just an old guy who was brought up in the dark ages.

Yes, the Laser / Infra-Red thermometer is on it's way. I will try to be as accurate with my 'science' as possible. Trying to hold all the variables as steady as possible, so that any variation in results is wood related. Then gather enough data samples to make a meaningful analysis. These observations will obviously take some time.

Hope everyone enjoys the Memorial Day weekend and at some point remembers why it is a holiday.

We will be taking Sunday or Monday off, no computers, no PD Land. Probably going to be lounging in our luxurious 8' diameter swimming pool :cool: Yes, eight feet round. :lol: One of those impulse purchases at Big Lots. One of the best $35 purchases I have made, Pammy loves it and that makes me happy.

Mod note: Forum rules don't apply to comments made about non-members, either individuals or groups, real or imaginary. They do apply to other members- All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner

Purple-Days,

Milk

Mike
Our 6' Kiddie pool ended up being a tadpole sanctuary last season. Daily feedings of spinach liquefied in the Vitamix, haha. I have a weak spot for amphibians, 4 toads hang out under our AC unit on the patio, they come out to watch me water our plants and trees or when my wife is relaxing reading her kindle. Good friends when enjoying a nice warm evening with the PD. :D

Milk,

Purple-Days

Yeah, the 'small' pool is a tricky thing to maintain. And I guess a bit of a funny story. Big Lots, $35 . . . oh and look honey, they have a cover that fits this pool . . . $10 ... and we fill it up and it's great. But you either dump them and start over each week (635 gallons of expensive desert water) or you maintain it. I figured go to the pool store next to the grocery and get a few tablets and good to go... 'Uh, you need a pump mister', and they just happened to have one . . . $45 . . . 'and a bucket of chlorine tabs', $30 a bucket? 'well sir, that's the smallest container they make, should last you ... well longer than the pool will'. 'Oh and you need a tablet dispenser too...' At least I had a good outdoor timer for x-mas lights . . . Reminds me of the story of the $50,000 couch. Gotta have new carpet, new chairs, new drapes, now you need a better house to go with all this nice stuff. So, the $35 impulse escalated to about $140, still a great bargain. BTW it's one of those with the blow up ring at the top, Intex Easy Set http://www.intexcorp.com/easyset.htm . Check your Big Lots, seems it was a great price for the base pool.

2m2u90i.jpg

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom