Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Thanks everyone for the feedback. You guys are awesome. I will take out the Pandora part... In fact I couldn't find them on the website. Speaking of which, I need to link the PD site in the article. Anything else?

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I will also add the fixed temp. That is important. And I guess change the load amount...

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Thanks, lwien! I appreciate that, it's fun and exciting, although things are not looking good, state to state...

Tstat,

hereatlast

Haha no lwien I wasn't talking about you ("not talking about anyone in particular;"-->"That be me?"...you must have a guilty conscious though! :p).

Type in .025 into the search (and show results as 'posts') and there a number of users who use the number (http://www.fuckcombustion.com/search.php?search_id=910829454&p=1). All I'm saying is that taken out of context it could be a little oversimplified, Tstat qualified it in his review nicely. Best of luck with the site Tstat, looks good from here too. Maybe a little RI-bred strain review at some point? :brow:

hereatlast,

RaK427

I ordered a myrtle PD this week, very excited to get that bad boy and break it in. Just out of curiosity, around what is the quantity of orders you are still getting monthly, I'd like to know how many people are still regularly purchasing PDs? It definitely seems to be a coveted unit around here, so what's an average wait-list size? I know quality takes time, and that makes me all the more excited!

RaK427,

lwien

RaK427 said:
Just out of curiosity, around what is the quantity of orders you are still getting monthly, I'd like to know how many people are still regularly purchasing PDs?

Isn't that kinda like asking how much someone has in their bank account? :uhoh:

lwien,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Thanks to everyone who commented on our PD review. I removed the part about the Pandora kit and added a line about how it is a fixed temp with a range between 365 and 395 F. If there is anything else i should add or change, please let me know. We will be reviewing the MFLB and the herbalAire next week!

http://oceanstatecannabis.com/?p=413

Tstat,

Purple-Days

Tstat, thanks for the review. :) Nice video, of course we love the background music. :cool:

Yes, the Pandora DIY kit is no longer available, it was a one year project and ended in March of this year. Currently we are concentrating on production of the original PDs.

Our Vapor Zone T-shirts with the slogan Get In The Vapor Zone and the 365-395 logo was intended as a generic Vaporizing T-shirt, not specific to the PD (or it's set temperature).

ie. IMO the Vapor Zone starts at 365F and ends at 395F. Again this is my opinion of what the Vapor Zone is, regardless of the brand of vape. Obviously you can get vapor at lower or higher temps than that range, but under 365F, why bother? And over 395F you start to get the undesirable stuff (might as well smoke IMO).

Having used an HQ digital vaporizer for comparison, and based on the input of others, the Purple Days Diffuser runs at about 385F (with the OEM wall power supply) in Cherry and Black Walnut and a couple of degrees cooler for the more dense Oregon Myrtle. So, maybe 380F - 385F, would give a more accurate representation of the actual PD temp range.

Other than that thanks again, and congrats on a really nice website and info.

+++

Yes Milk, Fiddleback Maple, but as I said it will need to be tested (if it ever gets here...) .

Purple-Days,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Wow, thank you so much Tom! I was hoping to hear from you. I do love my PD and you guys were great to me a while back when I needed to get one.

I did want the review to be honest, and I hope it comes off that way. Believe me, I have a couple of vape reviews that will not be so glowing, hehe. We plan to review a lot of vapes and eventually actual herbal products, grow stores, head shops, etc.

I will change the temperature wording right ow. Again thanks eveyone, and thanks to Tom for his input :)

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I went back over the whole review and fixed some mistakes. There is no mention of the Pandora anymore, I added links to Tom's website (as well as this one), and fixed a couple of things. Thanks again everyone, and have a great weekend!

Tstat,

RaK427

lwien said:
RaK427 said:
Just out of curiosity, around what is the quantity of orders you are still getting monthly, I'd like to know how many people are still regularly purchasing PDs?

Isn't that kinda like asking how much someone has in their bank account? :uhoh:

Didn't really think about that at the time.

RaK427,

lwien

So I posted up awhile ago that I got one of CD's glass stems, this one, awhile ago:

and when I did, someone asked me to report back how I liked it. Well, I didn't report back right away because while I LOVE the looks of it, in use, it was no big deal. I really didn't notice very much of a difference using it versus the stock stems stuck directly into the PD, that is until yesterday when I thought, hey, I wonder how this will work if I hit it through my mini-beaker filled with hot (very warm) water like I do when I vaporbong it with the stock stems.

WOW !!! Now THAT'S what I call an improvement.

The mating of the glass tube to the downstem is nowhere as tight of a seal as when I mate the stock tubes to the downstem, so I get more air into the mix, but man............I had no idea that I took such a HUGE hit until I exhaled. There is no way that I could have taken in and held that big of a hit using the stock stems in the beaker but with the CD tube in the beaker of very warm water, I hardly felt any lung expansion at all but the clouds were huge.

All probably due to the combination of a higher air to vapor ratio due to the mating of the glass stem to the downstem, the cooler vapor due to the additional volume of the tube, the larger hit due to the volume of the tube and the warm water adding moisture to the vapor.

So guys, if you have any glass tubes to use with your PD, give this a shot. Love to hear your thoughts back on this one.

Keep in mind though that the mating of the glass tube to the downstem is anything but ideal as far as a tight seal goes, but I think that this is one of the reasons that it worked so good.

lwien,

Purple-Days

Pammy just got off the phone with our wood folks. Whew... finally more Black Walnut shipping Monday.
The better news is, the Fiddleback Maple is heading to the PD shop for me to turn someday soon.
Pammy wants one for sure. :lol:

+++

Tstat, I was reading your blog and noticed the News on AZ campusi (hey, if it's fungus and fungi . . . ) and their stance on Medical MJ. I can see I'll have to bookmark your blog.
www.OceanStateCannabis.com :tup: Right on !

Purple-Days,

jdee

Here is a lovely water filter I just had made for my PD that will be arriving sometime whenever Tom is ready;)
can't wait to try it
pdfilter.jpg

jdee,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
"Tstat, I was reading your blog and noticed the News on AZ campusi (hey, if it's fungus and fungi . . . ) and their stance on Medical MJ. I can see I'll have to bookmark your blog."

Thank you Tom. We focus on Rhode Island, but we also carry relevant news from across the US. Things are dicey for MMJ patients these days as the Obama administration has decided to bust state's balls. It's very alarming and perplexing as well.

Anyway, we will have reviews coming up of the MFLB, Herbie, Vape H20, and Hot Box. After that we will review strains and MMJ products. If we ever do get dispensaries, we will review them as well as LH Shops, grow supply stores, and anything else we can think of. If anyone would like to see something reviewed let me know. If you want to write a review let me know as well!

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
And WOW, jdee... you made that? Does it just plug into your PD with the stem end as a bowl? Tell us more about it- it looks awesome. Can you make me one? :)

Tstat,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Wow! That looks similar to the tubes that Alex/ClearDome made for a bit, I have one. A nice PD accessory! Kudos on making your own, way cool! Definitely cools the vapor big time!

il_fullxfull.195718849.jpg

Lo,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
I would love to have one of those stems but cd hasnt been makin them for a while. I got a inline bubbler though for use with the pd.i just got pd in the mail today so i might post some pix of its beauty later

wowthisisrandom,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
Very nice @wowthisisrandom! She's a purty one alright! Your pics of the new PD is making the wait harder and harder :( but I guess that's all part of the fun :D

Hey Tom, I was wondering if you received the fiddleback maple yet? Can't wait to see how it turns out.

MajorDoobage,

Purple-Days

Wowthisisrandom, that was one of those pieces of figured Black Walnut we received in Oregon and transported here in the U-Haul. It came in handy to keep the supply line flowing.

MajorDoobage, along with that Walnut we also received some figured Maple. This morning for a little fun, along with the slab of Black Walnut I had to turn, I grabbed a (unit sized) piece of that fig. Maple (before your post) and another of some Black Mesquite.

I expect the Fiddleback maple to look something like this VVV , but who knows it shipped out on Friday and is coming straight to the PD shop... Hoping it looks similar to these pieces. The Black Mesquite is for Pammy, she was requesting a narrow body for her grip, so the Gunslinger Grip was a natural extension of ergonomics. * May be available on the new Fiddleback Maple (only, for now), if it (the grip) and the Maple tests out OK. Should know in a few weeks.

Another PD innovation in log vape design.

71h21e.jpg

The 3 groove Gripper in Black Mesquite, special for Pammy, dense and narrow to run cooler for her needs.

280qgr9.jpg

The new 2 groove Gripper, that may be available*, with enough bulk (normal PD diameter) to properly insulate (we hope and will test).

2mrbo6f.jpg

Another view of the grain.

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom