Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

nuvap

85% Sativa / 15% Indica
ThCombustion said:
stfennn said:
Hey everyone, the wait has begun..put in my order several days ago, cannot wait! I ended up going with the black walnut PD.. hope everyone is doing well.

Welcome. Have you read the whole thread yet? It really helps with the waiting.
Heh, if you start now and read around 185 posts a day... you'll be finished just in time for your PD to arrive. ;)

But seriously, there is some very useful stuff to be found in the thread and it does help build the excitement whilst waiting. Oh, and welcome to the family. :cool:

nuvap,

friedricey

being human
I'm really interested in purchasing this vaporizer.

Question, will I need a different adapter in Australia? Are they easy to find?

friedricey,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
friedricey said:
...will I need a different adapter in Australia? Are they easy to find?
They're easier to find than an Antipodean log vape :lol:

Sorry cobber, I don't think these bad boys are available outside the US anymore. You might be able to try woodeez? (similar design, world wide maybe)

All they run off is a 12v 1a transformer- you'd find one in Oz no worries (u prob even have one in your house already).

WatTyler,

stfennn

Thanks! haha yeah, just reading through the first thirty or so pages really sold me on the PD..my only other vape is a cano classic which has always treated me well.. but I was looking for something different and I feel as though the PD will satisfy my needs for sure. Not to mention Tom and Pam have been nothing but really helpful since I first dropped them a email...I ended up going with the Black walnut with bison.. Im pumped!

stfennn,

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
weedemon said:
I got the email. My order has shipped! Gonna be counting the days all over again. :D

Sweet! I was hoping to get one this week but nothing yet. Maybe next week. Enjoy.:D

Madcap79,

VaporEyeSore

im getting confused about this as it seems to have been different at various stages in the past.

Do these guys send PD's outside of US? Im in UK and really want one.

VaporEyeSore,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
VaporEyeSore said:
im getting confused about this as it seems to have been different at various stages in the past.

Do these guys send PD's outside of US? Im in UK and really want one.

No, unfortunately no more purple days for us. Or Myrtle Zaps. I was lucky enough to get in with the Pandora (one of the very first I think) which was a build it yourself Purple Days kit, and so built my own, but unfortunately Tom has stopped selling those. I don't wanna speak for them, but I believe both PD and MZ are fairly resolute in their no overseas business. I did hear that the Woodeez could be shipped over, but haven't seen this confirmed.

Maybe keep an eye on the 'sell your vape' thread here for a pd. They have come up before, but I expect you gotta be quick.

WatTyler,

ThCombustion

I got the E-mail. My PD is on its way! I will try my best to get some pictures up after I've had some time with it. I'm going to be sharing it with Family and friends when I get it. Maybe I can turn some of them onto vaporizers and the Purple Days.

ThCombustion,

Nycdeisel

Just make sure you dial in the technique yourself first ;) :D

hahaha but seriously man that is good to hear! and I feel bad for all you overseas vaporists who dont have access to some of these vapes, best of luck to ya mates :cool:

Nycdeisel,

Madcap79

ThCombustion said:
I got the E-mail. My PD is on its way! I will try my best to get some pictures up after I've had some time with it. I'm going to be sharing it with Family and friends when I get it. Maybe I can turn some of them onto vaporizers and the Purple Days.

Lucky. When did you order if you don't mind me asking. Enjoy!

Madcap79,

ThCombustion

Madcap79 said:
ThCombustion said:

Thanks, man. March 7th, confirmed on the 10th

ThCombustion,

ckannaSr

Hey Y'all,

This my first time posting on FC. I've read the whole LB discussion. I have the LB, VB, and Volcano classic and I'm wondering (wishing) about adding the PD.

My question: the PD utube vids show how much is coming out (as the so often described. "thick, white clouds").
Isn't that a lot of wasted "med?" I've read a lot on the LB site about that issue with many people saying less vapor is better as its means it and its contents are now in your body instead of the air. What are your thoughts regarding this issue? Is it true that you are losing "good stuff" when there is that much vapor on the exhale?

And is the PD capable of being used in such a way that I can get controlled amounts (through my draw style) that allow me to exhale as little vapor (waste?) as possible?

Perhaps this has been previously answered but I'm not going to get through all this reading before hopefully ordering. I've been vaping for medical and pleasure reasons for almost two years. You can't make vaping info too simple for me as my knowledge base is internet. Trouble with being an old lady vaporist is that I don't have any vaping buddies to chat with. I really appreciate this site--thanks to FC!

ckannaSr,

Madcap79

ckannaSr said:
Hey Y'all,

This my first time posting on FC. I've read the whole LB discussion. I have the LB, VB, and Volcano classic and I'm wondering (wishing) about adding the PD.

My question: the PD utube vids show how much is coming out (as the so often described. "thick, white clouds").
Isn't that a lot of wasted "med?" I've read a lot on the LB site about that issue with many people saying less vapor is better as its means it and its contents are now in your body instead of the air. What are your thoughts regarding this issue? Is it true that you are losing "good stuff" when there is that much vapor on the exhale?

And is the PD capable of being used in such a way that I can get controlled amounts (through my draw style) that allow me to exhale as little vapor (waste?) as possible?

Perhaps this has been previously answered but I'm not going to get through all this reading before hopefully ordering. I've been vaping for medical and pleasure reasons for almost two years. You can't make vaping info too simple for me as my knowledge base is internet. Trouble with being an old lady vaporist is that I don't have any vaping buddies to chat with. I really appreciate this site--thanks to FC!

It is my understanding that a simple breathe in breathe out method is best. Your body will extract what it needs from that. Holding your hit will only make you light headed. ;) I hope this is what you meant by the question. Welcome to the PD thread.

Madcap79,

Nycdeisel

Those videos are meant to show the amount of vapor via purely wasting the hits, basicallt those are mostly just for show.

and welcome to the community :D

Nycdeisel,

BuddahMonk

ThCombustion said:
Madcap79 said:
ThCombustion said:

:huh: 7 weeks?? I know the estimated time is 4-6weeks. But has anyone here actually got there's in the 4th week recently?

BuddahMonk,

Madcap79

BuddahMonk said:
ThCombustion said:
Madcap79 said:

:huh: 7 weeks?? I know the estimated time is 4-6weeks. But has anyone here actually got there's in the 4th week recently?

I'm gonna go with no. From everything I've read it's worth the wait.

Madcap79,

Milk

Mike
It's been a long while since I have read up on this stuff but, breathing visible vapor out has nothing to do with what you "get". Look at the boiling temperatures of the different components of what you are vaporizing.

Long story short (and saving you some reading) if you want, hold it all in for 45 seconds, and get a lot of water condensation in your lungs. Or - take a few (10 or so) seconds, exhale, and - don't get water in your lungs. Also read the rest of the thread about preparing your tobacco.

Milk,

BuddahMonk

Madcap79 said:
BuddahMonk said:
ThCombustion said:

I'm gonna go with no. From everything I've read it's worth the wait.

So from what I am getting, the average wait time for a PD is not 4-6 weeks but more like 6 weeks +?

BuddahMonk,

hereatlast

I don't know how you're getting that BuddhaMonk...not a fair generalization IMO. I'm not sure what the average wait-time is at this point but I don't think its fair to say the 'average' is 6+.

hereatlast,

lwien

Being that Pammy went in for general surgery and is now recuperating, it may have slowed production and shipping times down a tad.

lwien,

ThCombustion

Milk said:
It's been a long while since I have read up on this stuff but, breathing visible vapor out has nothing to do with what you "get". Look at the boiling temperatures of the different components of what you are vaporizing.

Long story short (and saving you some reading) if you want, hold it all in for 45 seconds, and get a lot of water condensation in your lungs. Or - take a few (10 or so) seconds, exhale, and - don't get water in your lungs. Also read the rest of the thread about preparing your tobacco.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, still new to vaporizing. Is there something bad about water condensing in your lungs? Could you link to the thread about preparing tobacco?

ThCombustion,

BuddahMonk

hereatlast said:
I don't know how you're getting that BuddhaMonk...not a fair generalization IMO. I'm not sure what the average wait-time is at this point but I don't think its fair to say the 'average' is 6+.

Sorry if that came out wrong in anyway. The waiting and anticipation must be getting to me. I wasn't trying to say that it take 6+ weeks but was trying to ask if that seems to be the average for everyone getting theirs recently. Don't recall any post saying they got it on the 4th or 5th week. But I could be wrong.

So I guess I'll ask again to try and get and average. Regarding orders from this year.
Has anyone received their unit 4-5 weeks from ordering? Or is it more like 6+?

BuddahMonk,

Nycdeisel

its what ever they say it is. seriously, the approximated wait times have been pretty accurate for a while.

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom