Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

ledados

Hello, not sure if this is the right place to post this question but...

I notice when my PD is cold there seems to be things rattling around inside the unit. When it is up to temperature the rattling stops. The PD still preforms brilliantly but the rattling has me a bit concerned. Anyone have any thoughts???

ledados,

ledados

Thank you for your suggestion but the results were inconclusive. I tried searching through the previous posts but there are so many pages to navigate. Does anyone have any other suggestions? :)

ledados,

lwien

ledados said:
Thank you for your suggestion but the results were inconclusive. I tried searching through the previous posts but there are so many pages to navigate. Does anyone have any other suggestions? :)

All of the answers are right there. There is nothing that anyone could add here that hasn't already been covered. Just read through a few pages.

lwien,

ledados

Thanks but like I said I tried a search as you suggested and it only brought up several hundred pages to read. I do not have the luxury of time to read all of those pages. Maybe you can point me to the specific pages and posts to read? Thanks!

ledados,

Gunky

Make sure you use the drop down to get: "show results as posts", otherwise you just get gigantic threads.

Gunky,

lwien

ledados said:
Thanks but like I said I tried a search as you suggested and it only brought up several hundred pages to read. I do not have the luxury of time to read all of those pages. Maybe you can point me to the specific pages and posts to read? Thanks!

Several hundred pages? That search brought up 4 pages and all the answers are there.

lwien,

ledados

lwien said:
ledados said:

Several hundred pages? That search brought up 4 pages and all the answers are there.

That is where I went wrong!

ledados,

Biw

So I've had my PD for about two months now and I've been 110% pleased with the unit. I had a strange occurrence lastnight though that has me a little freaked out.

I was sitting on my bed hitting my pd as usual, when I noticed that all of a sudden the temperature of the unit started to decrease. I could tell by touching the sides and it was apparent after I tried hitting it and only received a fraction of the vapor I usually get. So I checked the outlet, no problems there. The pd eventually went all the way cold. Tried plugging something else in the same outlet and it worked without a hitch.

By this time, I was completely sober(total buzzkill lol). So I just plugged my pd back into the same outlet and went to sleep. Woke up this morning to a fully heated up pd. Seems to be running at the right temp now but, I'm a bit worried as to what actually happened? I take good care of my things so when something goes wrong I tend to freak out a bit.

Anyone know what could have happened? I'm at work right now so I won't know until 1130 tonight if it's still running or not.

Biw,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
If it happens again it could be an issue with the wire on the wall wart. There could be a short in it, if that is the case you might need to replace it.
what you described above is usually what happens when one of my wall warts dies.

DevoTheStrange,

Frickr

Biw said:
So I've had my PD for about two months now and I've been 110% pleased with the unit. I had a strange occurrence lastnight though that has me a little freaked out.

I was sitting on my bed hitting my pd as usual, when I noticed that all of a sudden the temperature of the unit started to decrease. I could tell by touching the sides and it was apparent after I tried hitting it and only received a fraction of the vapor I usually get. So I checked the outlet, no problems there. The pd eventually went all the way cold. Tried plugging something else in the same outlet and it worked without a hitch.

By this time, I was completely sober(total buzzkill lol). So I just plugged my pd back into the same outlet and went to sleep. Woke up this morning to a fully heated up pd. Seems to be running at the right temp now but, I'm a bit worried as to what actually happened? I take good care of my things so when something goes wrong I tend to freak out a bit.

Anyone know what could have happened? I'm at work right now so I won't know until 1130 tonight if it's still running or not.

the cord is the only weakpoint on this vape, and it sounds like you have a small crack in the wires. it doesnt take much for this to happen just the constant flexing of the wire will be enough to break the coppe strands. its very simple to replace the plug as i have done so many times on mine and various things. just look up on basic soldering techneques, it only takes a small drop to hold it all togeather.

Frickr,

Biw

Thanks for the replies guys. Came home to an ice cold PD :(, so I guess I'm going to take a trip to Radio Shack tomorrow to get a new cord.

Is this a common problem for other people? I guess I just expected the cord to last longer than two months you know. I can count on one hand how many time I've unplugged the cord so it's not like it's been abused.

Biw,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Radioshack is generally garbage, really overpriced garbage. Any 12v 1 amp power supply with the correct plug size will work. I find that that's a very common adapter from everything to Sega Genesis to Router's and Modems. Look around you may already have a 12v you can use until you get your brand new Jameco quality transformer in the mail :)

aesthyrian,

Purple-Days

There is one good item from Radio Shack that will help out.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103614

Usually the plug end gets broken or the wire very near the plug end. And that is easily replaced.
(power supply failure is very rare).

Plug your wall power supply into a known working outlet. Let it alone for 30 minutes then check the wall power supply box (wall wart / transformer) with the back of your hand. Slightly warm? Then the power supply is functioning and you have a broken cord or plug.

Unplug and cut back a few inches from the plug, bare the wires and solder a new end on in place of the broken one.

Our Pandora Kit page http://purple-days.com/Pandora.html has a soldering video with a couple of tips on soldering (about 2:30 in). It's easy and a good skill to have. For the cost of a new power supply (and shipping) you can buy a soldering iron, solder and two plug ends. And have a new skill and a new tool...

And yes, www.Jameco.com has the original equipment power supply. Part# 10081 . We carry them too, but have to pay double shipping (to us, to you) so you might save a couple bucks buying from Jameco. ;)

Purple-Days,

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
Thx for the power cord tip, link, and video. I went to three stores yesterday looking for a replacement and had zero luck.

pinoy,

mlo4sho

Greeney got so vaked off his first PD session he forgot to report back! Can't wait until I save up enough $$ to get my own cheers PD fans~ :peace:

mlo4sho,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about investing in a PD. I've been doing some reading and I would love some info on the unit if anyone could offer. My biggest concern is that I heard that it has like a 30 minute heat up time. Is this true?

mvapes,
Top Bottom