Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Nycdeisel

Im glad that you finally 'got it' down :p
Hits nicely, eh? I like to run mine through water too(hot water FTW).

On a another note: I have noticed my vapor becoming thicker, and my unit stays on 24/7 so its retaining quite a bit of heat, some nights I find it hotter then others, probably has to do with the temperature of the room im in.

Nycdeisel,
Yeah I just leave it on 24/7 now. It's nice to take a break from what I'm doing and have a stem. Or come home from work for lunch and have a couple stems! I'll have to try hot water, might help with my cold!

Temperature definitely seems to fluctuate depending on the weather, humidity seems to affect temperature too. I'm having a friend knit a rasta colored band to go around my PD when I want a thicker hit. Hopefully it will be thick enough to help!

California Clouds,

lwien

Earths Essence said:
I've noticed how much you adore the Purple Days. Don't take this the wrong way, because it is not meant to be critical my any means, but is efficiency the most important thing to you with vaporization? From reading numerous of your PD related posts, it sounds like you're almost backing up the PD too much. We all know it's a good vape, but honestly, do you see any con's to the PD?

Sure there are con's and I've mentioned those cons in other threads when people are asking about what vape to get and I think I've been pretty clear that the PD is not for everyone.

Here are the cons as I see it.

If one wants a party vape, the PD is not for you.
If one wants a vape that will provide super rich back to back bong like hits, the PD is not for you.
If one likes to go up and down through the various temp ranges, the PD is not for you.
If one does not have access to very high quality bud, than in opinion, the PD would not be my first choice.
If efficiency was not at the top or near the top of my priority list, the PD would not be my first choice.
If I liked a higher air to vapor ratio, the PD would not be my first choice.

To answer your other question of "is efficiency the most important thing to me?", yes, it's important but it's not the only thing that makes the PD my daily driver. The other things are:

Taste
Ease of set up and use
Ease of cleaning
Able to accurately measure out my dosages so I don't over do it.
Stealthiness
How it looks
How it feels in my hands
High vapor to air ratio
Simplicity of design for increased reliability
Less smell due to small bowl
Tom and Pammy

Hope that answers your questions, and no, no offense taken.

To me, a vaporizer is nothing more than a tool to extract the goodness out of the bud. Regarding the efficiency, I use one fourth the amount in my PD than I did in my other vapes to get to the same high, so considering all of the things above, it remains my daily driver.

Is it the best vape for everyone? Abso-fucking-lutely NOT !!!

lwien,

Nycdeisel

California Clouds said:
Yeah I just leave it on 24/7 now. It's nice to take a break from what I'm doing and have a stem. Or come home from work for lunch and have a couple stems! I'll have to try hot water, might help with my cold!

Temperature definitely seems to fluctuate depending on the weather, humidity seems to affect temperature too. I'm having a friend knit a rasta colored band to go around my PD when I want a thicker hit. Hopefully it will be thick enough to help!
:lol: I also have a cold at the moment :/

The hot water bong/bub def helps, I even tried putting some hot herbal tea in my bubbler. I know I know its frowned upon but I keep all my glass as clean as new so :p

and great answer Lwien^^

Nycdeisel,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
So after using the new beaker with the PD, I decided that my bubbler works much better with the PD. I think it's because it's smaller and you don't have to suck as hard. With the bubbler I get way bigger and easier hits.

So now the bub will hang out in my bedroom with the PD. I like the beaker better with the Q. I bring this up in case anyone is considering getting a glass piece for the PD. Since you draw slow and hard with the PD (milkshake style), a glass piece with a smaller barrel works better, IMHO.

Tstat,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
lwien said:
Earths Essence said:
I've noticed how much you adore the Purple Days. Don't take this the wrong way, because it is not meant to be critical my any means, but is efficiency the most important thing to you with vaporization? From reading numerous of your PD related posts, it sounds like you're almost backing up the PD too much. We all know it's a good vape, but honestly, do you see any con's to the PD?

Sure there are con's and I've mentioned those cons in other threads when people are asking about what vape to get and I think I've been pretty clear that the PD is not for everyone.

Here are the cons as I see it.

If one wants a party vape, the PD is not for you.
If one wants a vape that will provide super rich back to back bong like hits, the PD is not for you.
If one likes to go up and down through the various temp ranges, the PD is not for you.
If one does not have access to very high quality bud, than in opinion, the PD would not be my first choice.
If efficiency was not at the top or near the top of my priority list, the PD would not be my first choice.
If I liked a higher air to vapor ratio, the PD would not be my first choice.

To answer your other question of "is efficiency the most important thing to me?", yes, it's important but it's not the only thing that makes the PD my daily driver. The other things are:

Taste
Ease of set up and use
Ease of cleaning
Able to accurately measure out my dosages so I don't over do it.
Stealthiness
How it looks
How it feels in my hands
High vapor to air ratio
Simplicity of design for increased reliability
Less smell due to small bowl
Tom and Pammy

Hope that answers your questions, and no, no offense taken.

To me, a vaporizer is nothing more than a tool to extract the goodness out of the bud. Regarding the efficiency, I use one fourth the amount in my PD than I did in my other vapes to get to the same high, so considering all of the things above, it remains my daily driver.

Is it the best vape for everyone? Abso-fucking-lutely NOT !!!
Great answer, lwien! I couldn't have said it better myself. Tom and Pammy is a HUGE Pro for me. Such great people to deal with. Amazing customer service. They take the time to make sure their customers are happy.

CombustionJunction,

spentskeeper

I need a bubbler or bong for use with my PD and I don't know what to get. TSTAT likes a bubbler, so which bubbler? It's a big decision. any suggestions?

spentskeeper,

lwien

I use a HVY mini-beaker with great results. Same can be said for the 100ml Ehle's I believe. With the PD and glass, it's been my experience that smaller is better.

lwien,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I totally agree. Now, to me the bubbler works better than the beaker because the can is very small compared to my beaker's long tube. It makes it harder for me to draw through the beaker. The bubbler fills up quick, gives a MUCH bigger hit, and you don't feel like you have to suck as hard or as long. Hehe. You know what I mean... :brow:

Tstat,

lwien

I've never used a bubbler, Tstat. You're making me want to try one........damnit. ;)

lwien,

jimbo

winterize
Thanks spentskeeper! Inline's are great, and can be found for pretty decent prices, all I can say is get what moves you!
Hearatlast has a sweet inline which he uses with his PD, think there's a vid in the customized vape setup thread of
him using it..

jimbo,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
"Tstat what bubblers are good?"

I am by no means an expert on glass. Up until a few months ago I still smoked out of a Gear bong and vaped occasionally with a Hot Box. I quit cigs and was just getting sick of smoking. I had been smoking herb for more than 30 years and it just wasn't fun anymore.

Anyway, now I have seen the light and also have become addicted to vaping and beautiful glass pieces. I love my Luke Wilson bubbler, but it's the only bubbler I have ever owned. It is a 10 arm, which means there are 10 small tubes coming off the main stem. This makes for a lot of bubbles.

I don't think you can get them anywhere right now, but Ben Wilson does have some on ALT. Thing with Wilson stuff is that it is expensive. I think I paid $200 for mine. Now the other day i bought that HVY beaker. Although the bubbler performs better with my PD, the HVY is better for the Q- and was only $65.

My point being that you probably don't have to buy a $200 bubbler for big fun with the PD. In fact I would keep it small for easier hits. My favorite LHS has the HVY mini straight tube for $55 which would be great with the PD since it is tiny and doesn't hold much H2O.

Now, I too am looking at inline tubes for my next purchase. Told you it's an addiction.

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
And I just looked at that video of the inline tube with the PD. Damn, that's not a small tube and a big hit! Hehe... what do I know :lol:

Tstat,

Nycdeisel

Im also hooked on connecting nice glass to great vapes(such as the PD ;) )
right now this is my ;pd; setup

click to watch^

Im using a lot less water with it now though, the water level currently resides just above the slits.

Nycdeisel,

hereatlast

Glad to see the PD getting its shine as a bonger's delight :D

I know many users enjoy their PD's without water filtration (my gf likes the bongs/bubblers in the house but happily vapes solo with the PD) but for me pretty much every hit I take goes through water, that's just personal preference and a reaction to personal circumstance.

I think there are some great suggestions already posted here, maybe its best to move the specific glass-talk to those glass dedicated threads as there's an array of resourceful archived material there. I do think some general suggestions of what pairs well with the PD are warranted. Again, I think people have given a couple great suggestions.

I'll second the motion to wade in slowly as opposed to jumping into the water too quickly (bad pun, sorry :rolleyes: ). By that I mean I think its best to start with a simple, on the smaller-size spectrum pieces of glass:
-a simple beaker or straight tube is a great start IMO.
*HVY beakers or straights are a solid option it seems
*the Ehle straight series is pretty-hard to beat for the price IMO. I have a 250ml Ehle (straight) and its GREAT with the PD; nice, manageable size and approachable price.

Just in general I think a good tip on shopping for glass to pair with the PD is the following: look for something that has low to no drag, i.e. a piece of glass that allows the user to easily displace air. Simply put, IMO/E, the PD offers a vape that has the possibility of a fairly restricted hit, that is to say that when you bring your lips to the loaded stem, a fair amount of drag or resistance will be experienced in 'pulling' on it (this seems to me neither a pro or a con personally, just the nature of the beast and certainly the culprit for the high vapor:air ratio many report) . Of course we need to heed the consistent advice to not over-pack the stems or pack them too tightly, not too fun if you need to suck super hard.

When adding glass to the equation, we're adding another obstacle so to speak between us--our air-stream--and the vapor. Especially considering the restricted air-flow of the PD stems, I've found that a piece of glass is best for me when its easy to pull through, i.e. low-drag, in the first place. The inline design definitely offers that, as do 'trees' I think. Even the amount of water one puts in their piece can add a significant amount of 'drag' to the hit.

spentskeeper, I think that 'vapor-cooler' you posted presents a legitimate option, that should give the sensation of 'water-filtered vapor' for sure. FWIW, its also nice to kick the tubing and just plug the PD straight into a bong/bubbler as well :D

hereatlast,

jawsh

spentskeeper said:
I need a bubbler or bong for use with my PD and I don't know what to get. TSTAT likes a bubbler, so which bubbler? It's a big decision. any suggestions?

I had a long decision making process on which water filtration to get ( i was debating btwn the HVY beaker, 100mL EHLE, and some other ones). I ended up going with the 250mL EHLE from everyonedoesit.com for about $55 and I'm super happy I did.

For me personally, I don't like beakers much. They take more lung power to fill, and in my opinion they have more drag when you want to clear the champer... so for me personally i prefer a straight tube.

A lot of people like the 100mL EHLE, but I think it's too small. IMO the 250mL is perfect.. not too big or too small, and its sturdy enough to stand up straight with my PD hanging off of it (not that I do this, but I have just to see).

A lot of people will also recommend a diffuser. I bought a diffuser, and ended up breaking it. I can tell you from experience the diffy is not really worth the money (almost 2/3 the price of the bong).. I don't notice ne difference when using the stock stem and the diffy for use with my PD. I think a lot of ppl end up buying the diffy and think it's a lot better than it is just to justify there purchase.... a little cognitive dissonance ;)

I also got the 250mL with ice pinches. it's amazing smooth and cool with ice in it (i prefer cold vapor as opposed to ppl who like warm vapor with warm water... guess it's personal preference).

ne ways if ur looking for an extremely high quality glass peice that was almost custom made for the PD and won't break your wallet, go with the 250mL EHLE from everyonedoesit.com

jawsh,

WhispOfVapor

I have 100ml ehle and it works great with my pd. Have used the combo for couple of years. It is so small that it dont work as "bong". it just waterfilters my vapor. No need to lift the downstem to clear the tube.
Now I'm planning to buy diffuser for it. Everyonedoesit.com recommends 10cm diff for it, but shortest ehle diff that they sell is 12cm. I think it might be a bit too long.
What kind of diffs you use with your 100ml ehles? I know edit sells 10cm roor diffs but i'd rather have ehle. Stupid? Maybe yeah, but I know you glass freaks understand :D If I can't find cheap ehle anywhere, then I think I must buy the roor.

WhispOfVapor,

Pammy-Days

Lovely Assistant
Good morning all, or evening as the case may be :D

Since we're on the subject of Glass... thought I'd mention that Clear Dome has some BEAUTIFUL new PD tubes available : http://www.etsy.com/shop/revolverre Also, he will be putting up more in the next few days. Here's a sneak peek :brow:

rksgv4.jpg

I use Clear Dome's glass tubes every day. Just couldn't be happier with them! :ko:

Have a wonderful day everybody! :peace:

Pammy-Days,
Top Bottom