Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Scythe1

Got my PD yesterday and all i can say is Wow. I finally have something special to fill the void from when my friend scratched a pool ball off the table and got the money shot on my bong. Definitely not a huge hitter for those looking to get the same rips as a bong provides (im waiting on the cloud for that), but it is the most efficient everyday use vape I have ever come across. Everyone has a "go to" smoking device, and I believe this product will fill that spot for anyone who purchases it.

Last question as im still gettin used to this baby, is the vapor tube supposed to snuggly mate with the unit or should there be a little wiggle room for lack of a intelligent term

Scythe1,

ShadowLink12

Activist
@scythe1, the wiggle room is normal, enjoy!

My PD hadn't seen much use in a while, due to a lack of opportunity to keep it plugged in at all times. But before I quite using it, the clip had kept coming loose, but a few whacks with a screwdriver and it is better. Well it seems to keep coming loose, and I swear the temp is too high on my pd. Even the first hits feels very hot, and tastes way too much like combustion. It is not combusting, but seems to be coming much closer than it used to.

Is it time for my unit to go back to Tom for a little bit of a tune up, or did I just forget how the pd hits after prolonged use of my extreme+roor setup?

ShadowLink12,

duh

ShadowLink12, get the tubing! Both my PDs run hot after awhile and I prefer it as I get a lot more milage. The tubing is the trick. I went through a period where I was burning my tongue (along w/the LB, btw).

Someone asked me awhile back why I have the order of my vapes w/the PD on top. It's because of efficiency. 1/8 is like a full ounce w/the LB. I have stretched out favorite strains that were not always easy to come by indefinitely w/the PD.

The other "big" vapes have their place, but not like taking a giant draw w/the PD and holding in your air till you turn blue. None of the other vapes even come close in efficiency, by an order of magnitude. Period.

You do need the tubing, though. ;)

duh,

hereatlast

Couldn't agree more about efficiency. I too have tiny little nugs of favorite strains floating around because of the PD, I look at the tiny little bud and remember how many stems it'll last :o .

As for the tubing, I've never used it with the PD as I'm almost always vapor-bonging. A nicely diffused small piece of glass is heaven with the PD :cool:

Ordered a Black Walnut unit recently, can't wait to see the grain up close.

hereatlast,

lwien

Yup. Since I started hitting my PD thru my diffused mini-beaker, it's all I do now. Never use the PD natively anymore.

lwien,

hereatlast

Lwien do you find that its harder to finish a stem when vaporbonging? Sometimes I pull one last time out of the stem unless I'm using one of the short stems.

hereatlast,

lwien

hereatlast said:
Lwien do you find that its harder to finish a stem when vaporbonging? Sometimes I pull one last time out of the stem unless I'm using one of the short stems.

I used to do that, but not recently. I'll have to give it a shot again tonight to see if there's anything left in those bonged out stems.

lwien,

Logic

Old Skool Member ‘10
Why would you want to vaporbong? I always thought that passing already purified vapor through water lowers the THC content... It just seems like overkill. But I understand the idea of wanting to cool the hit down, I guess.

Logic,

lwien

Logic said:
Why would you want to vaporbong? I always thought that passing already purified vapor through water lowers the THC content... It just seems like overkill. But I understand the idea of wanting to cool the hit down, I guess.

Cool it? I use hot water. :)

Whatever minuscule amount of lost THC is MORE than made up for by the voluminous warm moisture conditioned hit. I get MUCH higher MUCH quicker using this method than by natively hitting the stems or vaporbonging with ice.

Give it a shot and report back how it goes. Most of those who have tried really like it. It's the only way I vape now.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2584

lwien,

Gandalf

duh said:
Both my PDs run hot after awhile and I prefer it as I get a lot more milage.

Does this happen to all PDs? If so, how long does it take for this to happen? I thought the only common issue with the PD was some rattling / internal wood charring after several months or so that could be temporarily fixed with some precision "whacking".

Speaking of the rattling, has this been a real problem for any long-term users of the PD?

Gandalf,

lwien

Gandalf said:
Speaking of the rattling, has this been a real problem for any long-term users of the PD?

Happens to mine every once in awhile but a real problem? Nope. And mines over 2 years old and gets used nightly. Is it running a bit warmer than the day I got it? Yup, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

lwien,

Logic

Old Skool Member ‘10
Okay, my Purple Days got here today. So I tried vaping a little tobacco and to my surprise, I literally saw no visible vapor coming out of the unit! It was plugged in long enough and everything. Is this normal, or do I have a lemon? I am afraid it's not supposed to be like this. Someone please enlighten me. Also, is the stem supposed to be loose and wobbly in there? Is it supposed to click and "snap" into place, or just rest there on top of that little steel pin? Also... I'm having a bit of trouble with herb falling down inside the vape itself.

PS -- I see demo vids of people taking massive rips and blow clouds out of it. I want to be able to do that too! :(

Logic,

Logic

Old Skool Member ‘10
hemp;)goofy8cheerio said:
did u get hi?

Idk. Sort of... but I'm not sure if it was because of the baccy or the fact that I was getting light-headed from breathing in so deeply.

Logic,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
It fits slightly loose. How hard are you hitting it. If you hit it too hard and fast it will cool the hit down too much and you might not get a hit. Try hitting it nice and slow, "Like drinking a milkshake"

DevoTheStrange,

Logic

Old Skool Member ‘10
DevoTheStrange said:
It fits slightly loose. How hard are you hitting it. If you hit it too hard and fast it will cool the hit down too much and you might not get a hit. Try hitting it nice and slow, "Like drinking a milkshake"

I'm hitting it like normal, slow and steady...

Logic,

Logic

Old Skool Member ‘10
Can anyone answer my questions? I want to start using my vape most effectlively! Scroll up to see what I wrote earlier.

Logic,

MeZJ Vape

Padawan Vaporist
Logic, there is a learning curve associated with all vapes. You just have to give it some time and find the methods that work for you. There are many instances in this forum and the tips and tricks forum where "packing techniques" are discussed. Good luck!!! I can't wait for mine, I ordered a myrtle PD.:)

MeZJ Vape,

Scythe1

im not very technical when describing vape parts but i think something happened to my PD. best way i can describe it is the metal O ring looking thing isn't directly touching the metal base underneath it, like it jammed loose or something, anyway i can fix it?

Scythe1,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Your PD should have came with a short piece of soft wooden dowel with a hole in the middle. You take this dowel put it done into the heat port of your PD. Take a hammer (i prefer a rubber mallet), and hammer down on the dowel. Don't hit it too hard, the dowel will break if you do, just tap it down.
If you do not have the dowel, you can take a flat screw driver and a hammer, and tap around the diameter of the clip.
the metal heat exchange occasionally comes lose, these two methods are the best way of fixing this particular problem

DevoTheStrange,

hereatlast

Scythe you can procrastinate but its probably not advisable. That C-Clip holds the heat-exchanger down and helps prevent rattling. The longer the clip is loose the more likely you'll develop a rattle. Unfortunately it seems pretty tough to permanently fix a rattle once its started, I'd definitely recommend seating the clip ASAP.

hereatlast,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
A loose clip is one of the things I take care of the moment I notice it. It is really easy to do and a good habit to form.

DevoTheStrange,
Top Bottom