Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
well if you dont have it, you can use the second method I described above using the screwdriver.
from my understanding that specific piece of wood comes with the PD now, could be wrong. If you don't have one Shoot Tom an email.
But until then use the screwdriver method if you don't have the wooden piece to help.

DevoTheStrange,

Scythe1

what exactly did you mean by tap around the clip when using the flat head method. I dont really know what the clip is, like the metal ring surrounding the heat exchanger?

Scythe1,

hereatlast

The clip is a C-shape and sits on top of the heat exchanger, from your previous posts it seems like thats the part that is loose. If that's the case: take a flathead screwdriver and position it carefully on the edge of C-clip. Tap the screwdriver lightly with a hammer in order to position the clip flush onto the heat-exchanger. Work your way around the clip with the screwdriver and hammer until the clip is flush, touching the heat-exchanger.

hereatlast,

Scythe1

oh boy i feel dumb, that post cleared it right up for me, thanks a bunch everyone the quick responses are a constant reminder to how awesome this forum is

Scythe1,

Scythe1

vappy sunday indeed, i called out sick to work today and have been constantly medicating since.

Scythe1,

Logic

Old Skool Member ‘10
Modnote: Please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums.

Logic,
DevoTheStrange said:
It fits slightly loose. How hard are you hitting it. If you hit it too hard and fast it will cool the hit down too much and you might not get a hit. Try hitting it nice and slow, "Like drinking a milkshake"

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

hereatlast

Little confused Logic, you copy and pasted your post from yesterday?

Think the above tip is one of the best.

Also, the quality of product is paramount IME, never tried anything of very low quality but definitely some mid-grade (not meaning middies by that) and vapor production is not close to the better stuff. Same with taste.

hereatlast,

Logic

Old Skool Member ‘10
hereatlast said:
Little confused Logic, you copy and pasted your post from yesterday?

Think the above tip is one of the best.

Also, the quality of product is paramount IME, never tried anything of very low quality but definitely some mid-grade (not meaning middies by that) and vapor production is not close to the better stuff. Same with taste.

Yeah, I c+p'd because I wanted to hear more responses. Should vapor production be very high with low-grade tobacco? I tested it using $1.99/pk Smoker's Choice cigars lol. Probably not the best first impression.

Modnote: Please review the forum rules. No bumping or cross posting.

Logic,

hereatlast

Didn't realize you were using tobacco. I can't speak on vapor production of tobacco at all sorry.

hereatlast,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
OK... so after much deliberation and research, the wife and I have decided that our next vaporizer will be a Purple Days. I'm waiting till I get paid on Friday, but we're really excited and can't wait to enjoy what seems to be an excellent vape made with love. My wife is a fan or darker woods, so we're going with the Black Walnut. Looking forward to being another satisfied customer.

CombustionJunction,

vaporFTW

Just ordered a myrtle PD. So stoked.

Can't wait till it's here and I hope it's not really going be 3-5 weeks :p, but I won't complain either way.

vaporFTW,

slurpeejerky711

would any users somewhat agree that the hitting style of a pd is maybe a big version of hitting a mflb? same technique, just bigger?

such as, microhitting (small repeated hits, light pull (i read to hit pd like a milkshake), etc

slurpeejerky711,

lwien

slurpeejerky711 said:
would any users somewhat agree that the hitting style of a pd is maybe a big version of hitting a mflb? same technique, just bigger?

such as, microhitting (small repeated hits, light pull (i read to hit pd like a milkshake), etc

Everyone has their own technique. For me, a long slow pull directly into the lungs works really well.

lwien,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I too use a long, slow, deep draw for the PD. Different from the micro-hit style I use w/ the LB.

The PD can give much bigger hits easily with less learning curve and fiddling IMHO.

Lo,

Wolface

So I've had mine since this morning but I'm still a little confused, Sure I get about five or so good draws but when I empty the stem and re-grind the still very green herb, I suck it back into the stem and re-insert into the unit but nothing happens? No matter how long I leave the stem in the unit it won't brown it up. The stem seems way too loose in the unit to do much good. Do these things need a break in period to reach a higher temp or what? I have been dumping the herb from the stem into my Launchbox to finish it up, like another five hits or so. Are you supposed to save up the used herb and then pack a full stem of half vaped herb so it will vape properly? I can vape the same herb to the max in any of my other vapes but my new PD is leaving it very green? Please ,any suggestions.

Wolface,

lwien

"The stem seems way too loose in the unit to do much good." ???

Ummm..........the stem is supposed to be loose in the unit, and a loose stem has been doing very good for a bunch of us for a very long time, so I believe that the above statement isn't very accurate. Needed to mention this for any others that may be new or prospective users of the PD.

Regarding your statement that you get 5 or so good draws and then dump the ABv into a LaunchBox and being able to get another 5 hits or so is baffling being that the PD only holds about 0.025 gr. to begin with.
Ten hits from that amount is quite extraordinary.

Be that as it may, your PD should not be leaving your bud very green. It should at least turn your bud to a nice golden brown.

First question is, how long did you leave your PD on before hitting it? Takes about an hour to reach full operating temp. Secondly, while the PD likes to see a pretty fine grind, you don't want it ground as fine as you would grind it for the LB. Also, make sure that you don't pack the bowl too tightly. You want to be able to get a draw out of it without being too restrictive. Also, for many, they like to have their bud very dry before loading up a stem. Not for me though.

All vapes have a learning curve, and in this regard, the PD is no different. Experiment with how wet or dry your bud is, the fineness/coarseness of the grind, how much you pack into the bowl along with your draw rates.

lwien,

Wolface

It's been on for hours. I will try a coarser grind to see if that helps. It is very dry but still won't turn brown. I will resume testing.

Wolface,

lwien

Wolface said:
It's been on for hours. I will try a finer grind to see if that helps. It is very dry but still won't turn brown. I will resume testing.

Which PD did you get? The CherryWood? Reason why I'm asking is that different woods retains temps a bit differently.

lwien,

caseball2051

I have a log type vape and I hit it much more than 5 times before i take the material out and crumble it and repack. Just because the taste is gone doenst mean your not getting hits. I find that this gets my ABV a golden color iwth some greenish tinge to it.

I think youll find the LB to be a perfect companion to a log type vape. I usually use my log vape until the material is done, then get 3-4 hits out of the LB with that same material.

caseball2051,

lwien

caseball2051 said:
I have a log type vape and I hit it much more than 5 times before i take the material out and crumble it and repack. Just because the taste is gone doenst mean your not getting hits. I find that this gets my ABV a golden color iwth some greenish tinge to it.

I think youll find the LB to be a perfect companion to a log type vape. I usually use my log vape until the material is done, then get 3-4 hits out of the LB with that same material.

Absolutely no greenish tinge in mine at all. Comes out a very uniform very, very dark brown.........just shy of black. No need to put it in any other vape. It's totally cashed in the PD with a maximum of 5 good hits. Only reason that I am bringing this up is that I realize that there are variables, but still, 10 hits from 0.025g just seems extraordinary to me.

One other thing to keep in mind, is that these type of vapes do have tendency to get warmer over time.

lwien,

hereatlast

Yup same experience as lwien in terms of color. I will say that running the PD through a bong/bubbler seems to allow for an easier cooking of the herb in some cases, I don't know if its more suction or what.

Also, I've had some cases where the herb doesn't turn as dark as other strains, either way for me I've never had the need to put herb from the PD into another vape.

hereatlast,

Wolface

I received the walnut. After it is re-ground it is really fine anyway so I didn't see how it would matter too much what it looked like to start with.

Wolface,
Top Bottom