Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

lwien

Due to the very small bowl, I'd say that the PD type vape smells less than most any other vape out there.

lwien,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
It's the weed that smells, not the vape. When I let a loaded stem sit on my PD to warm up first it will stink up the room if it is good shit.

stickstones,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I would say that depending on the herb you can normal smell it within 5-10 feet of the unit when it is warming a packed bowl. The smell normally dissipates within 10-15 minutes after use. Does not smell as bad as combustion. Just a light smell as if someone left their stash sitting open in the room. For those that know what herb smells like they will notice it, for those that don't they might think it is just some form of light incense or the likes.

DevoTheStrange,

lwien

stickstones said:
It's the weed that smells, not the vape. When I let a loaded stem sit on my PD to warm up first it will stink up the room if it is good shit.
True, but with the PD, there's just less in the bowl to smell than with other vape types. Better bud smells more, but more of the better bud smells more than less of the better bud, eh?

lwien,

Purple-Days

ewhitey718, welcome. It is mentioned in the availability thread that we have asked VapeNow to stop taking new orders. A hold up of one shipment and a complete loss of another has made the waiting list get out of hand. We are going to catch up and start fresh. Current lead time is about 13 weeks + . We will work to clear that as quickly as possible, then some changes to the ordering process, then we can work on new stuff.

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
lwien said:
Due to the very small bowl, I'd say that the PD type vape smells less than most any other vape out there.
It is a nice side benefit if you care to be discreet. I know in some college dorms these days there's highly sensitive smoke detectors (none of this existed back in the day when the world was young) - I wonder if vapor would set off a detector?

jeffp,

sour

jeffp said:
lwien said:
It is a nice side benefit if you care to be discreet. I know in some college dorms these days there's highly sensitive smoke detectors (none of this existed back in the day when the world was young) - I wonder if vapor would set off a detector?
I think smoke detectors pick up on carbon from burned material, I might be wrong. I don't think vapor would trigger an alarm. My PD allows me to be discreet, the only time I risk anyone knowing is when I am letting my weed dry. I like to open my mason jar only at night, then seal it back up during the day. I like to think this cuts down on dank odor. I don't keep more than an eighth of fresh bud, but have some older, ground, sour diesel in a ziplock bag probably 3 grams. My fresh is blue dynamite, a strong indica and I've got about 2 grams of semi fresh LA Confidential which is a sativa mostly.

sour,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
lwien said:
Hey, do we have any user reports of CD's glass PD stems?
I'm still waiting for mine. I know mine went out on the first shipment and I'm 4 hours away from Canada so I thought i'd be one of the first to get it but he wasn't joking on the 6-12 day wait. I'll have pics all over fc as soon as mine comes you can be sure of that. My maillady will be here in less than a hour so maybe today will be the day.

EDIT: still no pd stem :/. It's only been 10 business days though

minnesnowta,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Just discovered something new... if anyone else has noticed this chime in....
I have grown accustomed to filling the bowls on the tubes up full. Not a tight pack, just a full pack.
I will normally hit them until they produce no more vapor. The other day I noticed something. Somehow I had only managed to empty out half of the bowl. I don't know why I decided to try the tube out with half spent ABV in it.... and to my surprise, I managed to get a few extra full bodied hits out of it.
I have since tried with several bowls in experimentation. I will take them as far as I can take them, not giving off any visible vapor... scrape out half of the herb, and get one to two more hits out of it as if I had just packed a light bowl.
Although this trick does not work when I decide to use a bong, the bowl seems to get thoroughly vaped then.

Also, still waiting on my Clear Dome PD stem as well. Will definitely report back on it when I do get it.

DevoTheStrange,

digglover

sour said:
jeffp said:
lwien said:
I think smoke detectors pick up on carbon from burned material, I might be wrong. I don't think vapor would trigger an alarm. My PD allows me to be discreet, the only time I risk anyone knowing is when I am letting my weed dry. I like to open my mason jar only at night, then seal it back up during the day. I like to think this cuts down on dank odor. I don't keep more than an eighth of fresh bud, but have some older, ground, sour diesel in a ziplock bag probably 3 grams. My fresh is blue dynamite, a strong indica and I've got about 2 grams of semi fresh LA Confidential which is a sativa mostly.
My extreme set off my smoke alarm in college. My buddy blew a big hit from a bag straight up and it moved towards the smoke alarm. Started ringing.

Within a minute though, the vapor dissipated and turned off. Scary as shit :o

digglover,

sour

DevoTheStrange said:
I have grown accustomed to filling the bowls on the tubes up full. Not a tight pack, just a full pack.
I will normally hit them until they produce no more vapor. The other day I noticed something. Somehow I had only managed to empty out half of the bowl. I don't know why I decided to try the tube out with half spent ABV in it.... and to my surprise, I managed to get a few extra full bodied hits out of it.
I have since tried with several bowls in experimentation. I will take them as far as I can take them, not giving off any visible vapor... scrape out half of the herb, and get one to two more hits out of it as if I had just packed a light bowl.
Although this trick does not work when I decide to use a bong, the bowl seems to get thoroughly vaped then.

Also, still waiting on my Clear Dome PD stem as well. Will definitely report back on it when I do get it.
When you can't get anymore visible vapor, try dumping the abv and reloading it, you should get another decent hit maybe two. I think the vapor just hits new surfaces on the bud that may have been partially blocked by other little pieces in the previous load. I hope that makes sense the way I typed it lol

sour,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
made perfect sense. The half I pull out of the stems I have not been able to get any more hits off of and is noticeably darker than the herb at the bottom of the bowl. Taking the ABV out and mixing it up would just make that herb more accessible.

DevoTheStrange,

max

Out to lunch
lwien said:
I have two on the way also, but I think CD ran out of screens, so I may have to just admire mine for a while. OTOH, I may go screen shopping.

Smoke detectors- there are different designs, but several types detect particles, so vapor could set 'em off. Not likely though, since vapor doesn't linger as long as smoke, and tends to sink quicker too. You'd have to be exhaling big clouds at the ceiling I'd think.

max,

lwien

DevoTheStrange said:

Yeah. My MO ever since I first got the PD was to take 3 hits, dump out contents, crumble between fingers, and reload for another 1 to one and half hits.

lwien,

sour

I'm going to try crumbling between my fingers before I reload like Iwien. How many stems do you guys vape in a sitting, let's say on a normal evening at home. When I got my pd I thought I needed 2-3 to equal smoking a bowl. I was wrong though, it takes me only about 3/4 of 1 stem to feel comfortably high. Maybe I'm scared to get too high.

sour,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
max said:
lwien said:
I have two on the way also, but I think CD ran out of screens, so I may have to just admire mine for a while. OTOH, I may go screen shopping.

Smoke detectors- there are different designs, but several types detect particles, so vapor could set 'em off. Not likely though, since vapor doesn't linger as long as smoke, and tends to sink quicker too. You'd have to be exhaling big clouds at the ceiling I'd think.
Just get some stainless steel screens and a Paper punch and you can make your own. I've put fresh screens in my stems by doin this and it helps alot.

minnesnowta,

lwien

No, that is not how they treat their customers, for if they did, there wouldn't be such a long waiting list. There is something else going on that has made Tom not to want to do business with you and you posting private email responses is not only against the rules here, but also gives us a bit of insight as to WHY Tom doesn't want to do business with you.

I also think that you were banned here under a different name and that this is a new account. Am I wrong on this?

lwien,

Purple-Days

Of course there is more going on. But as you point out, Lwien, posting private e-mail is against the rules, so the whole story will never come out. And posting 'excerpts' is just funny. :lol:

BTW this fellow not only got his full refund, but we paid his return postage too. :cool:

Purple-Days,

shred

you are wrong on this, i would put the whole thing but it is to long and i guess it is against the rules, didnt know that.... if there is more going on explain then?

like i said in the email to tom, we both know there was no intention on any refund nor was it mentioned anywhere when it was sent in, turns out it was not broken , so you refund me and give it away without asking when you knew i wanted it back? can you give me a legit reason atleast?

shred,
Top Bottom