Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
Sounds like you are in for some fun Devo, thanks for the tips. Will probably put them to use with my friends extreme :D. And as I was saying with the cooler temp, it didn't seem to compromise anything, the only drawback, was the cold all over my body outside :/. But I love how efficient and amazing this little machine is!

^^^ agreed, :o:o:o 200 pages...

The_Other_Shoe,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Devo...I started an effort to cut back my consumption last night and your methods helped!

I hit my first tube hard for one hit and then milked the rest of that tube slowly for about an hour and a half. I got a great buzz and fell asleep before I needed the second tube.

stickstones,
Hello everyone!
I tried searching around for the answer to my question but it turned out to be pretty hard to search for.

If I am paying by money order from Canada, do I pay with american or canadian money?
I've never done a money order before and will be heading to the bank today.

I just need to know which currency I should pay in!:lol:

I think the PD will arrive around late March or April, very excited!

greenbit,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Yeah when I do that particular method I actually set up three stems. With the first one, I tend too use the bong I have, try to get everything as one massive hit.
The second one takes a while, but by the time I am half way through the second I forget too even do the third. Very rarely do I make it too the third one... if I don't that one is usually tube number one for the next session. When I first started using my PD I would go through all three. Now I have it where I forget I am even using the PD halfway through my second stem.
I don't like too do this in the morning thought, in the morning I will take my time vaping, no fast n quick stems.... unless I want too go back too bed.

I love how my PD has been running since I got it back. Runs a bit warmer than it used too. Almost as warm as when I used too run it in my car.

DevoTheStrange,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hey Green.... You might better contact VapeNow and ask them about that since they handle all the orders. GENERALLY you would need to get a money order in US dollars. Here in the states the post office sells them....not sure about CA. Good luck!! The PD is awesome and well worth the wait :D

Hello everyone!
I tried searching around for the answer to my question but it turned out to be pretty hard to search for.

If I am paying by money order from Canada, do I pay with american or canadian money?
I've never done a money order before and will be heading to the bank today.

I just need to know which currency I should pay in!

I think the PD will arrive around late March or April, very excited!

Lo,

Purple-Days

Greenbit, welcome to FC forum, and thanks for choosing us.

Asking the forum about a transaction between you and a retailer cannot give you the answer you need. Ask VapeNow.com , they can tell you exactly what you need. I suggest you do nothing till you get an answer from them.

---

Devo, I know Pammy wrote to tell you the PD was on it's way, but I kept meaning to write and tell you the outcome. It was a bad solder joint on one of the two jack connections. The blind guy fumbled the ball. :ko: Gald you are enjoying, again. I didn't get rid of every battle scar, wanted you to know it was yours... ;)

---

Can't wait for UPS to show up today.

Elk Hides ! :) Last week we saw a small herd of Elk (20?) mowing the lawn near Arizona Beach. A sign, ;) so we came home and ordered. Gonna try it out on a nice figured maple unit first, then if it works well, it will be The Pandora Kit leather.

UPS is also bringing a new tool to the shop today. An architect's stool, adjustable height :) , backrest :) , and padded :D

---

Got a tool a while back that I had high hopes for, I was sorta disappointed with it :/ . Oh well... It has sat on the shop floor for a few weeks gathering dust, no way to use it. Yesterday, flash... I figured a way to modify another tool and combine it with the new one. It has reduced the time needed for the crossbar drilling step by about half. Woot ! Shot through 72 of those little buggers in no time.

---

New 2 ounce tins came the other day.

We will be making new Buzz-Butter :buzz: for these (and our sample tins), the same way we have always made Buzz-Butter :buzz: . Bee's wax from the chemical free Tahuya River Apiaries. All natural plant oils, including Organic Flax Oil, Organic Coconut Oil and organic Hemp Oil, along with natural Rosemary Oil Extract as an anti-oxidant.

We have never used petroleum distillates in our formula. It would certainly be cheaper, but that has never been our style. Do it right or don't do it. I think I said that in post #1.

We aren't gonna change, to save a few pennies, still gonna make a toxin free vape that you can feel confident about. No short-cuts, no cheap-ass, questionable materials.

---

200 pages? Yes, wow! Thank you, for all the positive feedback and contributions to this endeavor. :D

Purple-Days,

MrMistyTokes

Steam Engine
Congratulations on 200 pages of amazing service and info Tom!

Glad you got a decked out new stool to celebrate :D

Cant wait to see the elk hide in action!

MrMistyTokes,
Vapenow is a difficult website to navigate, and although I searched I couldn't find a customer support email or anything, so I would like to politely inquire to the general populace who purchased this: I'm getting is the basic kit, no accessories, the orginal cherrywood PD vape, in all it's glory and awesome.
Vapenow says the price is $204.75, but it doesn't specify which currency.

Also, the box in the bottom left that says currency type, when I change it on the order page my price doesn't change, so I have no idea which currency to pay in.

If anybody would be kind enough to share whether or not their 204.75$ order (for one PD kit) was in canadian or american currency, I would very much appreciate it while I slowly tromp through the vapenow website.

Thank you.

greenbit,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
hehe.. yeah you kept my favorite Battle Scar (from when I accidently stabbed the wood with a stem) and got rid of my most hated one (from when I accidentally drop kicked it)... Worked out perfectly.

DevoTheStrange,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
Yep. He's viewing it in Canadian dollars. The rate is totally off though. You should clear it with Vapenow that the rate is only for guidance purposes. Usually online sites will just charge your card in USD and let the credit card company deal with the conversion.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't read that you were using a money order in an earlier post.

Here is their contact email:

custserv@vapenow.com

quomist,

SacaLaMota

Hello there, placed my order a little while ago.... it's Order Number: 3658, and I was wondering how it's going to be packaged as I live with the parents still.. and also, what model am I going to receive? I rushed through the ordering process, and thought about it after-wards... I don't want to end up with something I don't like.

In the confirmation e-mail I found this:
Purple Days Bottom Either Style (Model # B002N2TDS8 OR Model # B002N2NMFI)

I can't wait, rough estimation on time til I receive it? Placed the order the 1st of the year... I vowed to myself to quit smoking until I get it, mainly because I have bills to pay.. I smoked for a year straight, non stop.. loved it, made me relax.. learned a lot about myself.. smoked with good friends, smoked with some awesome people I didn't know, etc etc etc.. you're average POSITIVE story from smoking marijuana on a yes I have time to do it scale.. not a do everything high scale...

Anyhow, I vowed to quit smoking cigarettes in November or so, SOLELY because I smoked weed...it made me want to quit ironically... Mainly after every time I indulged in MJ my bronchial tubes opened up and while smoking a cigarette afterwards I felt the discomfort of my throat closing up... simply knew it wasn't good...so I quit. A little enjoyment isn't worth cancer. Sooo, since I figured I quit smoking cigarettes it would be a great idea to start vaping, so I started my research and came up with your vape as being the best. A few weeks went by and I got my new credit card (0% until jan2011) so I placed my order. Wish I could have avoided another credit card, but I had to transfer a small balance to avoid interest from a high interest card that started finance charges this month, so instead of waiting even longer I took the plunge. Happy I did, and will be even happier after I get it. :brow:

SacaLaMota,

Purple-Days

Greenbit, over on page 45 of the PD availability thread VapeNOw has a couple of posts and he has an e-mail link under his avatar. Since you are not using a normal transaction (money order) I don't think any answer you get here will be sufficient. :2c: Give him a shout before you proceed.

Oh, thanks for the e-mail link Quomist, I didn't spot it till now.

---

SacaLaMota, if you don't choose a leather style you will get Paisley (very likely). ETA is posted at Vapenow and is an estimate.

---

Yep, Devo, I somehow knew that little battle scar on top was a keeper. :cool:

---
UPS didn't bring the hides today, but the drafting stool is pretty darn cool. I'll get hide pics up tomorrow.

Purple-Days,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Yeah everyone how has seen my PD since I got it back has remarked "Are you sure that is yours... It looks different, yours wasn't this smooth" and the likes...
but then I point too the scar on top and say... "No see I did that... it just got a sanding.. "

stickstones said:
Devo...I started an effort to cut back my consumption last night and your methods helped!

I hit my first tube hard for one hit and then milked the rest of that tube slowly for about an hour and a half. I got a great buzz and fell asleep before I needed the second tube.
Yeah I quite haven't figured out the "How" behind why this works. Yes one huge hit wastes some vapor but for some odd reason, at least with me, It hits my body way different than if you take nice tiny hits. I have had enough time and messed around with both methods. I always seem too get the same results.
Slow small hits give me a longer sustained high, but take a while too feel the effects. But large (just below being too difficult too handle size) hits always hit me quickly and the high does not last as long, but is stronger.
I have also noticed the same effect on several other vaporizers I use (on the extreme, and vaporstar).

DevoTheStrange,

Purple-Days

Aero, the way we build them, with a hardwood bottom, it's an extensive tear-down and re-build. Why go part way?

Second 'sand outs' build on the first efforts. Anybody can do the same. :cool:

I go to 220 grit with the grain and then #0 steel wool, by hand. Then serious vacuuming! Buzz-Butter :buzz: after that. Wiped clean and buffed by hand.

Anybody wanting to go further than we go... or wanting a quick re-furbishment...

You might take 120 grit to the body first, but you should do it in a bottom to top stroke, so you do not shred the leather against the grain and away from the wood. All further strokes should follow this pattern. The 120 will gather dirt and oils and the top layers of wood and scum up pretty quick. This will get you toward the 'raw' wood. You can repeat the 120 paper a time or two to get the 'original' surface. After the surface is re-smoothed you can go to 150, 220, 320, 400, 600 and beyond. (Steel wool is also very effective at slicking up the surface, but very hard to use in a directional pattern near the leather.)

Purple-Days,

sethhobrin

In honor of the 200th page of postings I just wanted to pop in and report that I still have my original PD from OCT of 2008 back when you could still get one :) It is every bit as awesome as it was on day 1. (minus a little bit of wear and tear on the tubes). All 3 tubes are still functional and intact. I have had to replace the AC adapter about 4 times though with Jameco replacements and even 1 radio shack replacement which died after a few months as well.

Why can't these guys make AC adapters as reliable as the PD! :) Other than when my AC adapters have died this PD has been plugged in for 13 months 24/7.

Thanks again!

sethhobrin,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Im going too start what Tom suggested... just buy a bunch of size M ends and just splice in a new one as each one fails. much cheaper than buying a new AC adapter. for the price of one i can buy several ends. Thus prolonging the life of one adapter.

DevoTheStrange,

sethhobrin

DevoTheStrange said:
Im going too start what Tom suggested... just buy a bunch of size M ends and just splice in a new one as each one fails. much cheaper than buying a new AC adapter. for the price of one i can buy several ends. Thus prolonging the life of one adapter.
Can you point me to this info or post? I must have missed it? Are you saying that the jameco ac adapters have issues with the tips that plug in to the vape? I thought it was the wart itself failing.

sethhobrin,

Purple-Days

Yes, Radio Shack sells the type M ends for 2 @ $2.99 .

Wall power supplies rarely 'fail'. Think about it, it's a simple AC to AC induction transformer that is plugged into a stationary wall outlet. No bumps or vibration to make it fail. What 'fails' is the cord or plug. The use (or abuse) the cord and plug get is entirely dependent on the user. The cord and plug are like a pencil (or any other tool). Some folks can use one to the nib, others break them left and right. It's how you use (or abuse) them.

And NO they don't have 'issues' with the plug. That is what you are breaking. (they don't 'go bad')

A quick check of any questioned power supply is to plug it in for 30minutes and check with the back of your hand. It will be warm if functioning. This indicate working power supply and broken cord or plug.

Purple-Days,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
alot of hard use can cause the end that goes into your PD, the plug, of the adapter too go bad.
It is a size M plug.
Just buy a new size M plug... cut the old and dead plug off the wire. Solder wire too new plug.
Should be good too go after that (that is assuming the end plug is the part that failed)

I just fixed one of my adapters yesterday and it works like a charm.

For those who know how too use solder, I would recommend trying too fix a failed plug before shelling out money on a new adapter. $2-4 vs $10-30.

my plugs tend too fail because I accidently run over the wire with a computer chair (this can cause the wire too become cut inside its rubber housing causing a short.) if this happens replacing the end plug wont help.
oh and if you wanna avoid shorts in the wire... do not let your wire get any knots in it.

just make sure if you put a new end on the wire, that you don't leave any exposed wiring.

You know I was thinking about the Pandora kit. I think it would be awesome too get one and build for someone else as a gift. Make the gift a little more personal by building it yourself. So not only can you gift a vaporizer, but also proudly say "And I put it together" unless you thought they would have fun building it themselves.

DevoTheStrange,

DrMephisto

Figured this would be the best place for my first post :ko:

My brother left me his alternate PD a few months back, haven't looked back! Plus Tom and Pammy have arguably the best customer service I've ever encountered. Anyway, I'm definitely a vape only user now.
Grats on 200, and I'm sure I'll be ordering more accoutrement in the coming months....
-w-

DrMephisto,

Purple-Days

Welcome to the forum, DrMephisto. Glad you are enjoying the experience. Vape on... :)

The Elk came in yesterday, very soft, nice texture and color. Bullet hole included. ;)

aag39l.jpg

Purple-Days,

MrMistyTokes

Steam Engine
thats so nice I think i like the good ol butter finish on that unique colour, cant wait to feel it one day :D

LooooL bullet hole are you serious :lol:

MrMistyTokes,
Top Bottom