Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Purple-Days

Wrong thread Buzz, the Vapor Lounge has a PD availability thread, where folks can discuss there place in line. Thanks for choosing us. :)

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Holiday. :peace:

Purple-Days,

Xero

Got my postcard tonight now I have to make a logical guess. Have a merry christmas I am looking forward to 2010 the year of PD! I am really excited and not upset at waiting at all. From everything I read this sounds like a very very good product. And being able to learn from the inventor/manufacturer is great.

Xero,

Purple-Days

Can't wait to see your guess. No hints.

We have a winner... we have at least one guess that qualifies. So get your number in.

Purple-Days,

jofroxp

lol I sent a christmas card to you and Pammy, but :uhoh: it won't make it till probably saturday, or monday which kind of defeats the purpose of the card, but I hope you understand lol..

jofroxp,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
We have a winner... we have at least one guess that qualifies. So get your number in.
Exciting!!!

Hope you and Pammy have a great holiday! Oooh, Kali too - her first Christmas - Wheee!!! My dog is chewing his X-mas present in my ear as I type LOL!

Lo,

Purple-Days

Current winner
snjtzm.jpg

This one will get a Mark'r Tube if you bump it, you will get one, if you get bumped.
Good odds you will win something compared to most contests.

Purple-Days,

jofroxp

:ninja: im sorry. a manatee won the contest? whats a mark'r tube, and bump as in bump some music? lol :peace: i m srry im not understanding the terminology.

jofroxp,

Lo

LOL!!! Is that paisley leather I spy in the background?? Looks SWEET!!

:ninja: :D

Lo,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Merry Christmas to all of the wooden children out there who have found good homes (as well as the adoptive parents--especially to the parents who have given life to all of them).

I hope that all of you have had way too much too eat and presents under the tree and all of that good stuff, but (more importantly) I hope you took time for friends and family and (most importantly) yourselves.

Take good care of your kids and they'll take good care of you. ;) :lol:

PS: For anyone trying to use a PD with glass... :science: it can be nice to hold the PD upside-down with your thumb, index finger, and middle finger while holding the stem with your pinky and or ring finger. Then you can place it into the downstem and remove it easily in one piece. I just got a wild loaner tube that I have to get comfortable holding and drawing from before I actually try it out (I feel like a kid learning how to use a new toy before I can really have fun with it). :D

Progress,

Progress

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=46821#p46821
I really like the third option down from the top (you could even add a small dot of white on the backside of the "P" to make it really look like a face)--could the laser even do that small enough? :shrug:.

I don't like any of the ones that looked like ED (Erectile Dysfunction?). :lol:

I would even consider adding that PD logo (with the added dot and possibly rotated slightly) to all PDs and put a box around the separate wooden bodies that may eventually come in the kits.

Just my :2c:

Keep them postcards coming, Fuckers!

Progress,

Purple-Days

Yes, that's Paisley leather.I keep a square of it on the bench as a work pad. It's waterproof and I can scrub glue and stuff off it.

2lbp11j.jpg

:buzz: Certified Organic Flax Oil and Certified Organic Hemp Oil :buzz:
(on Paisley :) ) Out in the shop making Buzz Butter yesterday, with the new formula including the organic Hemp Oil. I tasted the hemp oil, it's not bad, sorta nutty, I would not call it delicious... :2c:

+++++

What I meant about the contest is: The Manatee is the current closest guess, if that person remains the closest guess till the end they win the announced prizes, if someone makes a closer guess, this person (manatee) gets a consolation prize. If the next closest guess gets out-guessed (bumped from the top position) they will also receive a consolation prize etc. So keepsending those cards, nobody wins the big prize till January 4th.

Mark'r tubes have an identifying mark. They can be used for guests, sick folks etc. so the tube is known from the others.

+++++

Wow! Just wow! Some wonderful friends sent us (and Kali) some fabulous Christmas presents.Thank you, to everyone, for making this a very special year for us.

+++++

This one was over the top!!! I have never vaped through water before. I always thought vapor was pretty mild. This is extra mellow. And I find you can go beyond your limits, with no warning. So smooth, then uh-oh, what a lung-full. Whhooot ! Thanks so much! :ko:
2n9x5r7.jpg

2pq96jr.jpg

OK what's that leather strap for?
ru0k6c.jpg

So I can hang this thing up where it won't get knocked over and broken.
25jfl75.jpg

Purple-Days,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I might advise dangling that nice piece of glass in the air like that off a chinsy strap. Just don't seem right. I wouldn't store it in the shop. Living room maybe.

Pretty awesome gifts though.

SpiralArchitect,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Purple-Days said:
Mark'r tubes have an identifying mark. They can be used for guests, sick folks etc. so the tube is known from the others.
I have a similar setup in the sense that a friend of mine prefers her own tube so she marked it with a heart she drew with a sharpie. I won't touch it; it's hers.

test-tube-meat.jpg

jeffp,

Lucic77

Here is a pic of my brand spankin' new PD next to my other one.

Old one is on the left, new on the right.

The new one is much smoother than the old. It is shorter and stubbier and a bit thicker in the wood as well. I love them both!

:)

Happy Holidays.

Lucic77,

Lo

Nice!!! Thanks for sharing, No two exactly alike :D I'm sure you will enjoy both!!

Lo,

Purple-Days

Cool side by side, no two alike (haha ^ as I typed it). Final sanding before finish is by hand with steel wool now days, probably just a sandpaper finish on that earlier one, though I have used steel wool on lots of them.

Spiral, it's a >3/4" wide piece of heavy upholstery leather. It could probably hold 100 pounds or more. And that's a galvanized 16d driven deep into a Douglas Fir plate. I might trust my weight on that. Best part, it's one of the most out of the way spots in the shop. The two workbenches meet in that corner and I have to get up on a stool to reach it.

On the other hand I can think of no safe and secure place in our entire house to keep such a piece of classy glass. And with a crazy puppy running around... The other thing is children sometimes visit with their parents, they visit the house, not the shop. :cool:

Rest assured that it is a place of honor and very secure and safe. :D

Purple-Days,

jofroxp

U'm, is the new one the ones coming out now, or...yea I answered my own question lol:D

jofroxp,

Progress

Spiral Architect - I might advise dangling that nice piece of glass in the air like that off a chinsy strap. Just don't seem right. I wouldn't store it in the shop. Living room maybe.
The guy from my homebrew supply store said that you are supposed to hang hops... :p

NE hooo...

I just thought I'd share a possible source of inspiration for Pandora logo ideas.

Quoted from Wikipedia:
Pandora (ancient Greek, ???????, traditionally derived from ??? "all" and ????? "gift", thus "giver of all", "all-endowed")

Progress,

Purple-Days

The mistranslation of pithos, a large storage jar, as "box"[42] is usually attributed to the sixteenth century humanist Erasmus of Rotterdam when he translated Hesiod's tale of Pandora into Latin. Hesiod's pithos refers to a large storage jar, often half-buried in the ground, used for wine, oil or grain.[43] It can also refer to a funerary jar.[44]

Erasmus, however, translated pithos into the Latin word pyxis, meaning "box".[45] The phrase "Pandora's box" has endured ever since.

from Wikipedia.

+++

Pandora was discovered in 1980.
Here is a nice poster with descriptions of most of the Moons.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Moons_of_Saturn_2007.jpg
There are 53 named moons of Saturn. Pandora is upper left region.

Purple-Days,

Lo

Buttered my PD again this weekend and was thinking of your new formula... How does that new butter smell I wonder?? I really enjoy the smell of the butter I have now :)

Hope you guys had a nice holiday!!! I saw that xmas glass gift, VERY NICE!!!!

Lo,

Purple-Days

According to the soapmakers, hemp oil should be used in low concentrations. I am using it at about 5%, the max recommended. It gives the yellow butter a very slight greenish tinge, but unless you are looking for it, and have a previous batch to compare, it's not noticeable.

The other addition I forgot to mention was Organic Coconut Oil. I used some coconut oil in a small batch a while back and was impressed with the texture. But I didn't have a handy source for an organic version. Been wanting to add it back into the formula and came across it at our little grocery the other day. This is another of those 5% additions that make a real difference in the end product.

Both these items will be in Buzz-Butter from now on. They make it better than ever and do not change the smell.

Still using the chemical free Tahuya River Apiary's Bee's Wax. Still using Organic Flax oil. Still making it at low temps to retain the flowery aroma.

I just had a chance to use the new formula yesterday on a batch of bodies and I like it a lot. Enough to make another big batch just like it.

Had a nice Holiday, took the whole day off. Pammy's ex called to say hi and when I told him I wasn't working Christmas day he said, "wait a second, I gotta sit down."

My buddy stopped by yesterday and got to hit the pea shooter. :D

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom