Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Purple-Days said:
http://i46.tinypic.com/xlxl3p.jpg
Took a while to get a center space large enough without throwing the cube off too much. Is it too much and would a simple square be enough?
maybe surrounded by a one square, no cube diagram, just a little bigger than the sun. Maybe at a slight angle. move the TM down below as if it were holding up one side of the square. would be the simplest form giving all the elements presented in your above picture.

DevoTheStrange,

Purple-Days

Yes, the cube is too much, for my eye. Great idea slant the Box.

30mwwaf.jpg

I took a low left perspective, rather than just racking the box. Better?

Purple-Days,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
maybe a bit bigger with the sun? kinda looks like it has swimming room. Wouldnt translate well if you made it a tiny logo.

DevoTheStrange,

Purple-Days

Yes, I was sorta limited. ,I tore the TM symbol off after and I was limited, just going with the thought of a low perspective rather than a canted box. Might not be obvious to all but the logo has lots of dither to get rid of, just pasted in from a low res image and the logo torn off and re-positioned. Just idea work. I see this as better than the overworked and probably overused wire frame cube. Is the perspective view OK?

Here is a bigger logo in relation to the box. Getting closer?
5lc3nd.jpg

Purple-Days,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
best way would be too print it out at the size you want it too be on the unit. Seeing it at that size will let you see where the design needs too be tweeked.

DevoTheStrange,

Purple-Days

Yes, but Tinypic, my picture host has certain resolutions you are limited to, and I do stuff at 600 dpi for clarity at the laser. It get's scaled down, for forums, but at the real resolution is quite fine, still, the logo was run in at a low res and needs replaced or re-worked. I can view it at life size but, it can'tbe done on a forum pic. But, portion wise, OK? Slant and dangle OK? Just looking for input.

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

I think we are close to the final design, thanks for the input, to all.

BTW I think Pandora had a jar (Called a Pithos. Thanks, Pammy), not a box. But you gotta go with the masses. :cool:

Purple-Days,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Just throwing another idea out there since I had photoshop open. Might look good with some work, not sure how it'd turn out when lasered. I still like the slant box better.

93217661.gif

Hope you had fun at the dentist, Tom. No vaping for a day or two I imagine. I'll vape an extra one for you. :D

vtac,

lwien

I swear that that was hanging in the doorway of the sushi restaurant I went to last weekend. :cool:

lwien,

Purple-Days

I think the letters inside the sun might work for other letters... The D to the right works, but the straight line of the P to the left doesn't flow well.Curving the P makes it an e, it seems.

Vaped on the way home. Just a broken crown replacement yesterday.

I was laying back while the tech started the job, she needed another tool and got up to get it. I was relaxing, eyes closed, when Cocoa Bean the big dog comes in an nuzzles my face. Whoops, she isn't supposed to come out of the office, but she heard my voice and couldn't stand it. Doc says there is a small handful of folks she just can't resist. So afterwards, we rolled around a bit and she got what she wanted. :D

Purple-Days,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
That's too funny!! Glad Cocoa Bean got some love!!! Happy to hear you were able to vape on the way home too!!

Lo,

SmokeTheState

Smokey The State Bear
Just put myself in line for a PD last night.

10+ weeks is a long time, but my lungs should thank me in the end.

I hope my run catches the new logo, either way, work of art these things are. I hope to take mine all over.

I kill an oz of top shelf every 3 weeks or so. (Seriously crappy medical condition, long story.)
Although I smoke alot, its less about quanitity in a sitting, and more about maintaining with small snappers every hour to 2 hours. This product seems perfect to me.

Seriously can't wait to give it a go. In the mean time, I got some new glass to keep me occupied:cool:

SmokeTheState,

Purple-Days

The new logo with the canted box is for the PD Pandora Kit only. All regular PDs built by us will be the standard laser logo of our Purple Sun and purple leather or Paisley leather with no logo. Same as they have been.

Purple-Days,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I like the new kit logo, looks simple enough and thanks to Pammy for pointing out Pandora didn't really have a box... I hadn't thought of that in decades!

Lo,

pbmagnet4

Tom, when do you estimate these DIY kits to be released? Will there be the same wait time as the regular builds?

pbmagnet4,

Purple-Days

Still in planning. :) No ETA, but I work on portions of the thing everyday. Pictures (and planning) etc...

Thanks lo, I think that's the design. Nobody would understand Pandora's Jar, would they? :cool:

Purple-Days,

SmokeTheState

Smokey The State Bear
Purple-Days said:
The new logo with the canted box is for the PD Pandora Kit only. All regular PDs built by us will be the standard laser logo of our Purple Sun and purple leather or Paisley leather with no logo. Same as they have been.
Bummer, but not a big deal. I am excited to get an artisan product as it is.

I have to say, watching the vidoes of the construction, and reading your highly informative posts swayed my opinion towards the PD pretty easily.

Keep up the awesome correspondance and amazing work. It really does make a huge difference on how I percieved your product.

As someone who eats and waits at Pink's hotdogs myself, I gotta say that anology made a few pages back was pretty spot on. Lets hope I am just as happy with a PD as I am after eating a tasty hotdog with too many fixins.

SmokeTheState,

lwien

SmokeTheState said:
As someone who eats and waits at Pink's hotdogs mysel.....
You too? YUM !!! I haven't been there in awhile. Fuck...........now I gotta go.

lwien,

SmokeTheState

Smokey The State Bear
lwien said:
SmokeTheState said:
As someone who eats and waits at Pink's hotdogs mysel.....
You too? YUM !!! I haven't been there in awhile. Fuck...........now I gotta go.
I live right outside of LA too, near one of those beach towns down south.

Long drive into the city through traffic, then waiting in line, then getting the hotdog. So worth it, I try to get something different everytime.

Wait am I getting a purple days or getting a hot dog? I think I stopped caring to differentiate the two a couple bowls ago.

SmokeTheState,

lwien

SmokeTheState said:
I live right outside of LA too, near one of those beach towns down south.

Long drive into the city through traffic, then waiting in line, then getting the hotdog. So worth it, I try to get something different everytime.

Wait am I getting a purple days or getting a hot dog? I think I stopped caring to differentiate the two a couple bowls ago.
lol. Yeah, I grew up right outside of Beverly Hills.......Beverlywood. A lot closer to Pinks, and my other favorite, The Apple Pan in WLA.

Ok, back to your regular scheduled programming.................

lwien,
Top Bottom