Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Lucic77

Hey everyone. Just another newbie who has thought about vaping for the last year or so and never knew something like this existed. I am a big forum guy, and I stumbled on this site from another forum members recommendation. Unreal.

This will be my first vape, but I got through the first 40 pages of the thread and ordered it last week. Says I am on a waiting list for at least 7 weeks or so. Good things come to those who wait. :) This unit fits my needs so perfectly. I ordered just the regular cherry wood with the paisley bottom. It will make a good holiday present to me. Want to say a quick thanks to Tom for the unit.

Just wanted to drop by and say hi. I am going to finish this entire thread now, lol.

L77

Lucic77,

Choism

I'm putting in another order for my 2nd pd.
I was tempted to try out the Myrtlezap, but quickly decided to stay true to my roots!
:cool:

Choism,

Qbit

cannabanana
tomitface said:
inventor i did not mean to come across as pushy or impatient. i was just making sure what was posted on the vapenow site was accurate. I am excited to try your product and enjoy a entirly new vaping experience (i have a vaporite atm :rolleyes:)
However it comes across in writing, I don't believe that Tom was getting short with you. I well understand that the wait is something that would concern you (as it did me) but Tom is simply telling you like it is. This is a cottage operation making a top shelf product, and the reality is that waiting times will be unpredictable.

However, maybe you'd like to check
this thread here.

Qbit,

max

Out to lunch
tomitface said:
inventor i did not mean to come across as pushy or impatient. i was just making sure what was posted on the vapenow site was accurate. I am excited to try your product and enjoy a entirly new vaping experience (i have a vaporite atm :rolleyes:)
Since it's been quite a few pages since the Vapenow wait time has been discussed here, it may be helpful for others new to the forum to know that we had to stop allowing availability/wait time posts on this thread. The link Qbit posted takes you to the appropriate thread in the Lounge.

max,

Frickr

hello there everyone, im back from a bit of a vacation, and am here to inform you that my pd that was comfincated this spring was done so on illegal terms. even though it was an illegal search, and even though the unit itself shouldnt be considered "perif" my state says because of the "residue" on the top (which was always clean and knocked out so there should of been no "residue") it was still taken... probably one of the worst things that could of happened. have your best little wooden friend pried from your fingers and taken away in a warrentless search conducted whne i wasnt around to protect it. something is to be said for our country.

Frickr,

Purple-Days

That's unfortunate. "Our' government is, for better or worse 'our's', and it is up to us to change it.

I mentioned in another thread about reading Huxley, Chrome and Brave, too. Listening really, to audio books. Very interesting, the philosophy, from between the Wars, and the difference of ten years of thought. "We are responsible...' yet we have no idea of who we is... Curious...

Who am us anyway??? :2c:

Purple-Days,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Wow, they took your PD? That's crazy.

My house got raided a few months back, 8 officers went through my bedroom with a fine tooth comb... lost my SSV and VG. My PD was in plain view on my desk... they didn't even glance at it, let alone pick it up.

So long as you keep your stems away from it, I can't see any possible situation where a police officer could recognize it as a vaporizer.

Stems are smelly, contain plenty of residue, have an obvious screen and most police will put 2 + 2 together when all the parts fit.

So that's a tip for the SUPER paranoid, keep your stems completely seperate from your PD unit.

Chubba,

aterphasma

Woooot! I just got mine in the mail today! Damn, it's smaller than I thought it would be. Prettier, too. And heavier. Currently have the little copper cup sitting on it with some incense stripped from the stick sitting in the cup. Mmm . . . tasty. Thanks so much, Tom! I'll post pictures soon as I get my room all put together.

Cheers

aterphasma,

DJDIZZY

She's here!!!!!! Got home today to a small package on my doorstep. I must say that is the most professional packaging. Everything fit perfectly without a bunch or airbags or peanuts! Now, this is one of the most beautiful things I've seen. A Walnut PD with Paisley bottom and PD Logo!

She's warming up as we speak..errr.. I mean write. Anyway, will post some pics soon! Thank you Tom and Pammy!!!!!! :D

EDIT: How do I get the little PD icon for my signature?

EDIT2: Thanks rayski

DJDIZZY,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Mine was expertly wrapped in a local grocery store's brown bag (Ray's Food Place"). Like Armour, "everything used but the squeal".

macbill,

JohnnyVape

Vape wannabee, again
:) I picked up my cherry yesterday from the post depot, many Thanks to Tom and Pammy. I thought it was well packed with a lovely presentation. I had to pay 31.81 in taxes, duty (which i expected anyway).

The only trouble is it does'nt appear to work with hash and hash is all i can get round here. I stuck nearly an eighth total of dry sifted pressed hash (chopped to little bits) into it yesterday whilst experimenting and i just could not achieve good vapour, I let the purple days warm up for about 1 hour, the metal bits got very hot.

If i used a small amount of hash it would just fall out the bowl cos there appears to be no screen under the material to hold it in place, or if i put more in it stays in place but blocks the tiny bowl solid once heated, messing up the airways, am i doing something wrong ? all advice is welcomed.

The vapour tube wobbles all over the place in the heat exchanger, is that right ?

JohnnyVape,

DJDIZZY

JohnnyVape said:
The vapour tube wobbles all over the place in the heat exchanger, is that right ?
That's normal. I'm not sure about the hash, someone else will have to help with that one.

DJDIZZY,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I had OK success with hash in the PD but i put on a beer coozie to increase the temp. Afterward, i was able to get even more hits of the hash in my E. I had the advantage of having a hash and herb mix though, not plain hash.

IAmKrazy2,

reece

gak hater said:
i should of known :doh:
should have known

should've known

;)

JohnnyVape said:
The only trouble is it does'nt appear to work with hash and hash is all i can get round here. I stuck nearly an eighth total of dry sifted pressed hash (chopped to little bits) into it yesterday whilst experimenting and i just could not achieve good vapour, I let the purple days warm up for about 1 hour, the metal bits got very hot.

If i used a small amount of hash it would just fall out the bowl cos there appears to be no screen under the material to hold it in place, or if i put more in it stays in place but blocks the tiny bowl solid once heated, messing up the airways, am i doing something wrong ? all advice is welcomed.

Can you get unpressed hash? I have a MZ, which is a similar product, and have had no trouble. I sometimes use a bit of AVB because small bits of the kif goes through the screen, but not much. I've also done it without any padding. Good Luck.

reece,

DJDIZZY

OK, snapped a quick pick. Will do more when she's broke in and buttered up!:cool:

The marking at the top reminds me of the face from Van Gogh's The Scream.

DJDIZZY,

JohnnyVape

Vape wannabee, again
DJDIZZY said:
JohnnyVape said:
That's normal. I'm not sure about the hash, someone else will have to help with that one.
Well thats bizarre if you ask me, i initially thought the "wobble" would be taken up by heat expanditure but no it didnt happen, why is this tube a very loose fit ?

IAmKrazy2

I can see how you'd get increased airflow with the added bud, but i dont have that luxury unfortunatly.

reece

I dont understand what you mean mate, mz and abv ? Please clarify.

JohnnyVape,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
What type of hash is it? Regular commercial hash?
I think people use the powder kief and sprinkle on top of some bud. Regular UK hash, i guess you could sprinkle on top, i cant see it working without bud (or something else safe to vape) below it though.

Happycamper,

aterphasma

JohnnyVape said:
Well thats bizarre if you ask me, i initially thought the "wobble" would be taken up by heat expanditure but no it didnt happen, why is this tube a very loose fit ?
"Expansion." The loose fit is to accommodate easy use when stoned out of your gourd and to make sure things don't bind up when hot or cold.

JohnnyVape said:
I dont understand what you mean mate, mz and abv ? Please clarify.
MZ = MyrtleZap. We'll leave that be in this thread. You can find information elsewhere on the forums.
ABV = Some abbreviation that I'm still not familiar with, but it means "stuff that's been vaped."

You might try fluffing up the hash a bit. Get it hot, then squish it lightly between your fingers and get it as granular as you can. Remember that the more surface area your stuff has the better it will vape.

Cheers

aterphasma,
Top Bottom