Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

lwien

buddy said:
well thanks, i have read it before i aint a noob:lol: but i was curious to see if any one had any new tips. Also i am new and was trying to make conversation but it seems i am ticking people off so i guess ill shut it
Naw. I don't think you're ticking anyone off. It's just that this thread is already so darn long, that it's gettin' a bit unwieldy, and the questions you were asking was beginning to be not PD specific. Also, a lot of the questions you were asking have already been answered.

No one's ticked off at ya........ ;)

lwien,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Let's just stay on topic here. That means relevant, interesting, informative posts. It doesn't take much to start a derail, so please watch what you post.

The chat room is a good place for 'newbie questions'. Many PD questions are answered in the first post of this thread.

Ordering, shipping and availability questions should be directed to VapeNow. It's been said many times. If you ignore this request, don't be surprised if your post is deleted.

Thanks for your cooperation. :)

vtac,

jklasd

jeeze vtac you really know how to gwt people to stop talking haha. no posts for 3 days :p. but ive been using my bong with my pd and its been great. ive been gettin seriously ripped on 2 stems. all pd owners should try it

jklasd,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
jeeze vtac you really know how to gwt people to stop talking haha. no posts for 3 days tongue. but ive been using my bong with my pd and its been great. ive been gettin seriously ripped on 2 stems. all pd owners should try it
The PD vapor bong sounds too good to be true.

I can't wait to recieve my PD (should be coming very soon), but everytime I see a stem stuck in a bong and an upside down PD on it... it looks like the bong is going to break.

How heavy is the PD? Anyone got a weight?

Chubba,

Beezleb

Would you not be holding the PD and not letting all the weight rest on the glass?

Beezleb,

lwien

Chubba said:
Don't know the weight, but being that they are hand made, they can vary by quite a bit. I have two PD's and the circumference of one is a half an inch smaller than the other, so I would imagine that there's quite a bit of weight difference between the two.

lwien,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Would you not be holding the PD and not letting all the weight rest on the glass?
I wouldn't do that.

I don't know really know how the vapor tube connects to the PD though, is it loose? Is it snap tight? For ex. if you slipped up and jolted your PD to the side, would the PD come off the vapor tube leaving it sitting in the bong? Would the vapor tube come out of the bong attached to your PD? Would everything stay locked together and possibly break the joint?

Too many variables, I'll just wait and try myself :ninja::ninja::ninja:

Chubba,

max

Out to lunch
I have two that were made about a year apart. My first one, which appeared on his site a year ago, weighs 302 g. The other one, which arrived a couple of months ago, is 262 g, and a 1/4" shorter (about the same diameter).

max,

Purple-Days

Wood density has a lot to do with weight. Some woods are heavier than others. Some blocks from the same species are heavier. The heat exchanger is around 100g,that is the same for all PDs. But density and diameter can vary a bit and how much (how deep) I bore the bottom cavity all can vary the weight.

Max had one of the very first PDs and they were not a specific height yet. They are now standardized in height. A mark on the chop saw sets them all. Makes batch boring ops quicker with no resets. Diameter is an eyeball operation, when it looks good, it's done, no set diameter. But roughly soda can sized or a little smaller.

Purple-Days,

jklasd

i think someone eariler when vtac first showed us his pictured of his bong and pd said that they hold the pd slightly up, so its not resting on the cross bar. it could have been vtac. thats the way i do it, so its a bit of a pain after a bit, but its not meant to me used with a bong, so its our own faults :lol: just works really well, its worth it IMO

jklasd,

sotero

I received my PD today after a little ordeal with the post office. I had originally filed a hold on my mail but later changed my plans and canceled it, but my local USPS branch never received the cancellation. After calling the main # they gave me the number to the branch that had my mail and said the earliest I could pick it up would be Monday. I decided to just call the number anyways and a nice man said I could come by and pick it up even though they were closed. I guess it's true what they say that sometimes bureaucracy isn't all that bad when dealing directly with employees.

Anyways my first impressions are very good, it's really much smaller than I had imagined for some reason. I'm really looking forward to using it later on tonight. It is somewhat replacing my vaporite I bought on a whim at a local head shop because I really wanted to get something I knew was safe.

Hopefully this post was interesting enough, even though it somewhat had to do with shipping.

sotero,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Chubba said:
.....but everytime I see a stem stuck in a bong and an upside down PD on it... it looks like the bong is going to break.
see heres the thing with glass...it all depends on the thickness of the joint and if it reinforced or not.

heres the best comparison I can give you ...

thick joint with reinforcement along the neck..thank you zach p. for making me one of the best inlines i have ever hit :D
IMG_0290.jpg

thin-ish joint that could possibly crack or break over time if the pd is leaning on the joint with all its weight..
IMG_0494.jpg

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

jklasd

my pd was always warm when i picked it up until today. anyone else experience this? im still getting vapor, im just curuious as to why. thanks

jklasd,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
You got the window or A/C running since it's hot out? Might cool off the outside of it...

I notice the same thing vaping with my window open.... PD ain't as warm, but she still makes great vapor...

SpiralArchitect,

jklasd

haha yea i think your right spiral. i thought of that after. i have a big heavy duty fan in my room haha keeps it nice a cool. good call :lol:

jklasd,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
My PD is in the mail stream, I believe it went out last Thursday.

/does a little dance

I better put some bud aside for my new arrival, this SSV is chewing through 0.4g a whip atm.

I'm quite excited, can't wait to stealth vape at night with my little PD.

Chubba,

owin

so i just reread this thread while i wait for my pd to arrive. i'm going to punch the mailman if he doesn't have it for me today.

owin,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
MY PD IS HERE!

Did not expect that in the slightest, don't have my DC power supply, about to head out now for a 1.5 hour round trip to Jaycar electronics.

I must say, it's been a complete joy ordering the PD internationally and I highly recommend it. Ordering directly from the PD HQ is flawless, Pammy replies to all my emails the same day (usually within an hour or two) and provides a very personal level of customer service that is very reassuring. The unit was produced well under the estimated lead time (2 weeks) and shipped asap, I honestly wasn't expecting it for another week or two.

Expect me to pop up in the next few hours, vaped as, with a review.

:D:D:D

Chubba,

darcey

^^^ Congrats Chubba...makes me abit of a sad panda, mine was shipped on the 18th of April and it still hasn't arrived :(

Pammy and Tom have been fantastic thru out, very fast to reply to my millions of emails and get me the information i needed. They are great people and have have looked after me very well....i wouldn't hesistate to recommend them anyone!

i'm just sad its been 4 weeks since i had a vapor hit...fingers crossed she arrives soon

Happy vaping everyone!

darcey,

duh

I'm about to try attempt #3 at VapeNow tomorrow - as I said before, good luck to all FCers, to the lurkers, slow down - give some time to poor old duh!

To update the thread, VapeNow said it was a first and they are looking into it. I am hoping for better luck tomorrow. Ironically, my LB died last night (other thread) and a few minutes ago, the E glass wand made a 3 inch drop onto unforgiving ceramic - thus I am down to my last vaping apparatus!

Maybe it is all for luck - I plan to add a replacement E wand to my shopping cart before the 'race' starts tomorrow. ;)

Any 'inside' PMs w/any are begged/appreciated/encouraged - and a firefox extension doesn't cut it. :D

duh,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
^^^ Congrats Chubba...makes me abit of a sad panda, mine was shipped on the 18th of April and it still hasn't arrived
Dude, you really lucked out.

Mine was ORDERED on the 24th of last month, shipped on the 7th of this month, arrived today (13th).

PD is heating up atm!

Chubba,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Holy god, I am baked! :ko:

2 bowls in, tiny speck of material.

The first hit was large enough to make me cough.

One thing you can definitely notice straight up is the vapor is significantly hotter then a whip vape.

I'm going to have some fun with this today :ninja:

Does anyone elses PD whistle if the tube is at a certain angle?

Big thanks to Tom most of all, you can definitely see the thought that has gone into this vaporizer.

Chubba,
Top Bottom