Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

lwien

xyu said:
How long do the effects last on average after 2 or 3 tubes of quality herb for you all?
1 stem does me in for about 3 hours (4 hits of top-shelf med grade bud)

lwien,

TeddyJackEddy

Question for other PD users. I'm starting to get pretty low on the buzz butter that came with my pd. I may order more buzz butter from Tom and Pammy, but wanted to know what other pd users have done. I know somewhere in this thread Tom has talked about other things we can use on the pd, but wanted to know what other pd users are doing.

Any thing that worked really well?

Things that you tried, but would not recommend? :o

Got enough buzz butter to last a few more weeks, but just trying to plan ahead.

TeddyJackEddy,

lwien

Ball sack sweat works really well if ya wanna go the natural route. Gives it a nice sheen and it does tend to put a smile on your face when you pass around your PD. :ninja:

lwien,

baikal

TeddyJackEddy said:
Question for other PD users. I'm starting to get pretty low on the buzz butter that came with my pd. I may order more buzz butter from Tom and Pammy, but wanted to know what other pd users have done. I know somewhere in this thread Tom has talked about other things we can use on the pd, but wanted to know what other pd users are doing.

Any thing that worked really well?

Things that you tried, but would not recommend? :o

Got enough buzz butter to last a few more weeks, but just trying to plan ahead.
any kind of vegetable oil will do

baikal,

slip

lwien said:
Ball sack sweat works really well if ya wanna go the natural route. Gives it a nice sheen and it does tend to put a smile on your face when you pass around your PD. :ninja:
ball sack sweat - will we ever find an end to its uses? it's the eighth wonder of the world.

edit// something, something, something.

slip,

The_Algebraist

When you say "Ball Sack Sweat" are we talking about an actual product by that name or are we talking about the result of a hard day's work?

The_Algebraist,

Purple-Days

Any salad oil will work. Peanut oil, canola oil etc. If you want to make :buzz: Buzz-Butter, you can pick up a small stick of bee's wax at most sewing shops or health food store. Use about a 50-50 oil wax mix and a double boiler, or micro on a low setting to melt the wax / oil mixture.

Edit: something, something, something. :lol:

Purple-Days,

slip

The_Algebraist said:
When you say "Ball Sack Sweat" are we talking about an actual product by that name or are we talking about the result of a hard day's work?
i'd refrain from doing a google image search.

whoops. i certainly didn't mean to inspire any jealousy or frenzied inquiries, tom. i guess i shouldn't mention that it is solar-powered and jewel-encrusted with an experimental diamond heat exchanger?

//edit: i changed that link. posted the first one i found without looking at it. luckily, my wife used to make balms, etc, and has a bucket full of pure beeswax, so we'll be experimenting with conditioners.

slip,

max

Out to lunch
I'm starting to get pretty low on the buzz butter that came with my pd.
Just thought I'd mention that we've been using our 1st PD (two now) for a solid year now (arrived 5/8/08), and after about 20 or so applications of buzz-butter, my tin is still about 2/3 to 3/4 full. All I do for full coverage is rub my thumb over the BB and rub onto the PD (repeat frequently for a full coating of course). While it's certainly possible to use much more per application than I do, it's not necessary. It does take a few minutes and a good bit of thumb rubbing, but I've never had a problem with PD fondling. :)

foglights said:
max wrote:
Welcome foglights. Yes your first post has a negative vibe. In fact, it's as sour as the posts you're complaining about. If the thread's gone to shit lately, you've just added to the odor. I suggest you take several more tokes.

sorry max, ill try to be more useful in the future

baikal asked about tubes: heres a tip for finding stuff like this, click search on the top menu, type in the relevant term, in this case 'tubes', for author type 'purple-days' and last but not least, select show results as posts. here are some results from doing that:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic ? 879#p19879

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic ? 750#p17750

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic ? 301#p16301

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic ? 377#p15377

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic ? 8456#p8456
Great post foglights. Very useful tip. Adding up the positives and negatives of your first two posts, you're definitely in the plus catagory. Keep it up and we'll grant you 'advanced newbie status'. :lol:

Purple-Days said:
I had one piece of red oak laying around. No more available.
What about that piece of Balsa wood? I could use a 'PD Light'. :haw: :tinfoil:

max,

buddy

hey guys first post:D i cant believe i got a pd.... been waiting a long time. so what i used was check 4 change which alerted me when units came in. all i had to do was type my credit info and push buy. took tops 1-2 mins. then i checked the pds again and all sold out. sold out within 3 min tops ..... crazy :ninja:

buddy,

lwien

Congrats, Buddy, and welcome to the FC and the PD family. If you have any questions after you get it, don't hesitate to come back here and ask. Oh, and let us know how ya like it.

lwien,

buddy

o i will for sure:cool: so do you guys got any tips and tricks for it lol. o and question concerning grinders, like i just ordered the volcano brand grinder, got off ebay for 99cents, would you guys say that would be good enough or would i need to get a expensive one.

buddy,

lwien

buddy said:
o i will for sure:cool: so do you guys got any tips and tricks for it lol. o and question concerning grinders, like i just ordered the volcano brand grinder, got off ebay for 99cents, would you guys say that would be good enough or would i need to get a expensive one.
The PD likes a dry, finely ground up herb. For me, I find a good pair of stainless steel scissors and a shot glass works better than my 80 dollar titanium SpaceCase, which I have relegated to keif collection duties.

lwien,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
/patiently waits for his PD

I've been hitting my SSV at night in bed, so un-stealthy it's not funny. Big ass fragile unit attached to a huge transformer with a massive whip and tube that makes a clink everytime you take a hit.

I got a nice spot in the corner of my room ready for my PD so I can vape and if someone busts in, simple as tucking it under the sheets.

God damn pot hating roomies!

Chubba,

buddy

o also i usually keep my herb in airtight containers. how could i get a small amount like a gram dry for vaping very fast? :|

buddy,

lwien

buddy said:
o also i usually keep my herb in airtight containers. how could i get a small amount like a gram dry for vaping very fast? :|
I take a bud out of a mason jar and put it into my Billy Bowl (a shot glass would do just fine), for 24 to 48 hours. If you want to dry it out faster, like say in a few hours, you can put it on top of your TV or some other heat generating piece of electronics, but be careful when you do this. I did it once and smelled up my whole apartment.

lwien,

buddy

just curious whats the diff using a billy bowl or shot glass to lets say a cup:o

buddy,

buddy

how bad does it smell just leaving it out all day. like when i open my containers my friends can somtimes like smell it across the room:/

buddy,

lwien

Ok, buddy. I suggest to limit your questions in this thead that is specifically about the PD. You may want to post these questions over in the "Ask the Vaporists" forum.

lwien,

buddy

oooo i see my bad:D so like i asked before you guys got a tricks with the pd that you wished you new about when you started using it?

buddy,

buddy

well thanks, i have read it before i aint a noob:lol: but i was curious to see if any one had any new tips. Also i am new and was trying to make conversation but it seems i am ticking people off so i guess ill shut it

buddy,
Top Bottom