Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

max

Out to lunch
captainhits said:
Knockoff is not a bad word. Guess how the PD came to be???
A knockoff is generally defined as a cheap copy/imitation. The PD is an improvement.

Speaking of knockoff, some of you need to knock off the bickering and potshots. You're rehashing the same complaints and contributing nothing worthwhile to the thread, not to mention breaking the #1 rule- Be nice. And adding humor doesn't change the intent. Final warning.

You beat me to it vtac. :argh:

max,

thepope

Wow ! This thread is going nuts. Come on people , lighten up.Take time to smell the roses.I wonder what happened to the fun we had going on over here?-------Bad herb or something? Yin & yang all fugged up ?

thepope,

lwien

I miss Tom and Pammy in this thread. :(

Hopefully, with the mods intervention here, things will get back to normal and the inventors and manufacturers of this great vape will come back for a visit now and again.

lwien,

duh

lwien, i do see the need for a 'joker character' vendor and like a lot of what is posted by all 'sides' - makes me lol! :D

Having said all this light hearted stuff about captainhits and his would-be foes, I struck out again on getting a PD today during the little arbitrary window that is set. To make matters worse, I was close; I had a PD in my shopping cart and while modifying my order, VapeNow took the PD out of my shopping cart and told me it was sold out. So, I did not get a PD again.

I am still hopeful for a PD someday but am loosing my enthusiasm I might have otherwise - thus is my "Purple-Days Experience" so far. I would appreciate any PM to 'make it right' as this one has hurt - let me put it this way - no vendor in meat space (real life) has ever taken anything out of my shopping cart when I was about to pay.

duh,

lwien

duh said:
.....I struck out again on getting a PD today during the little arbitrary window that is set. To make matters worse, I was close; I had a PD in my shopping cart and while modifying my order, VapeNow took the PD out of my shopping cart and told me it was sold out. So, I did not get a PD again.
Now THAT'S funny. :lol:

Ok, kidding aside, that's pretty awful. Have you contacted VapeNow about this? Damn, I think if I had waited as long as you did, hanging over the 'puter while constantly hitting the refresh button only to FINALLY get one, and then have it disappear out of my shopping cart, I think I would have thrown my computer out the window...............which would have been a really dumb move, but would have made me feel better..............for about a minute and half.

But I don't think complaining about it here is going to do any good. Ya gotta contact VapeNow directly. I've heard that they're pretty responsive.

lwien,

foglights

duh said:
I am still hopeful for a PD someday but am loosing my enthusiasm I might have otherwise - thus is my "Purple-Days Experience" so far. I would appreciate any PM to 'make it right' as this one has hurt - let me put it this way - no vendor in meat space (real life) has ever taken anything out of my shopping cart when I was about to pay.
you snooze you loose. such a sad story.

please do everyone a favor and dont buy one. if you havent noticed everyone is sick of these negative 'i want my toy' posts.

ive been lurking here for a while and its sad how this threads gone to shit lately with all the impatient newbies thinking theyre owed something. wahhh i can't get my toy, i want it now, waaaaaaah! that said I love my pd and tom & pam are some of the nicest people ive ever exhanged emails with. it makes me sick to see them and their product put down. keep it up and maybe theyll stop making them alltogether. will you be happy then?

anyway sorry to sour my first post with a negative vibe (hypocrite much?). time for another toke

:peace:

foglights,

baikal

in answer to an earlier inquiry today - the vaping stems are truly remarkable. About the size of a little cigar they represent great craftsmanship - Tom do you build these yourself? I think you once answered than in fact, you did. - must be a time consuming process. Thank you.:D

baikal,

lwien

Welcome aboard, Foglights.

A suggestion though. Just let it go. The mods have said over and over again to NOT post in this forum ANY info regarding shipping issues and to take those issues directly to VapeNow. Hopefullly, that message will eventually sink in.

lwien,

lwien

baikal said:
in answer to an earlier inquiry today - the vaping stems are truly remarkable. About the size of a little cigar they represent great craftsmanship - Tom do you build these yourself? I think you once answered than in fact, you did. - must be a time consuming process. Thank you.:D
Yeah, he does build these stems, one by one. It's one of the reasons that it takes 4 hours to build one PD.

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
Welcome foglights. Yes your first post has a negative vibe. In fact, it's as sour as the posts you're complaining about. If the thread's gone to shit lately, you've just added to the odor. I suggest you take several more tokes. ;)

max,

josh

Phocas said:
How are the tubes made?
From post #1 on page #1

We supply three vapor tubes, made with stainless tubing and screen and spring steel retaining clips. These are mounted in #5PP food grade high-temp plastic mouthpieces. They have the see-through look of frosted glass and are easy to clean.

josh,

foglights

max said:
Welcome foglights. Yes your first post has a negative vibe. In fact, it's as sour as the posts you're complaining about. If the thread's gone to shit lately, you've just added to the odor. I suggest you take several more tokes. ;)
sorry max, ill try to be more useful in the future :)

baikal asked about tubes: heres a tip for finding stuff like this, click search on the top menu, type in the relevant term, in this case 'tubes', for author type 'purple-days' and last but not least, select show results as posts. here are some results from doing that:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=19879#p19879

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=17750#p17750

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=16301#p16301

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=15377#p15377

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=8456#p8456

:cool:

foglights,

duh

foglights said:
you snooze you loose
I literally pulled off the 10 freeway at National because the PDs went back on sale. The light at the exit is a no-turn-on-red so I think I may have passed eternity while waiting there. Finally, I got to pull over and you know the rest. You call that a snooze?

lwien, I did take your advice about emailing VapeNow and will report back here.

duh,

Smokey Mcpotster

I was one of the lucky ones today:D:D
Can't wait to try it out.
I have to give a big thanks to vapenow. I received the confirmation email about a minute after I ordered. I noticed something wrong with the info. I HAD provided. I quickly fired off an email to them to make sure my order was okay to ship. I included my phone number just in case they needed to contact me. Jim (sorry if I have the name wrong) called me within 3 minutes. He assured me everything was okay, shipping thursday morning. :D:D Also thanks to Tom and Pam for continuing to make these, despite the shitstorm of undue crap typed in this thread. I was also told roughly how many a week were available. BE ON UR TOES. Good luck. I'll post more when it arrives.

:peace::cool:

Smokey Mcpotster,

lwien

duh said:
foglights said:
you snooze you loose
I literally pulled off the 10 freeway at National because the PDs went back on sale. The light at the exit is a no-turn-on-red so I think I may have passed eternity while waiting there. Finally, I got to pull over and you know the rest. You call that a snooze?

lwien, I did take your advice about emailing VapeNow and will report back here.
Wow duh. My old stomping grounds. I was born and raised in Beverlywood, just a bit northeast of you.

lwien,

baikal

foglights said:
max said:
sorry max, ill try to be more useful in the future :)

baikal asked about tubes: heres a tip for finding stuff like this, click search on the top menu, type in the relevant term, in this case 'tubes', for author type 'purple-days' and last but not least, select show results as posts. here are some results from doing that:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=19879#p19879

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=17750#p17750

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=16301#p16301

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=15377#p15377

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=8456#p8456

:cool:
thanks - i will use the search function so as not to make this thread more redundant - Danke

baikal,

Purple-Days

It is a small world indeed. Been in touch with folks who know our old stomping grounds. And keepin' in touch with folks we may never get to meet. Lots of fun thinking about those places.

Apologies to all, for my recent AWOL. 'Let it go', someone said, so let's do that.

Welcome to the Purple Family to those that have joined recently, glad to have you all aboard.

Baikal asks about the vapor tubes and how they are made, I think. Nothing remakable, but they do take some time. I have done some time studies on the whole vape making process and the 3 tubes (metalwork and plastic and assembly) take about 60-70 minutes.

What takes so long? They start as 8 foot plastic (#5) rod. This is cut to the cigarillo length. Careful stacking keeps them straight (and takes time) till they are ready for the next phase. A Rockler pencil drilling jig is used to center and through bore the tubes from each end, (7/32" for those keeping score) and then bored to a stop depth for the stainless tip with a 9/32" bit that matches the steel tip. Then shaping each end. That has changed a bit over time and new tools have made a consistent end product easier to achieve.

The steel undergoes several steps before Pammy gets to install clips and screens and do some final clean up and inspections.

Really nothing much in the vapor tube has changed since the Eterra except the materials used.

Glad to be back, let's take it in a positive direction.

Purple-Days,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Tom, (at the risk of being redundant) you rock! :bowdown:

I feel that giving away your trade secrets freely is a testament towards your amazingly altruistic attitude and outlook on life (I imagine that if one were to ask if you are comfortable with your choices in life, you would smile and think "how could I not be?" ;) ).

I have found it slightly difficult (but manageable) to remove and replace the screens/clips. Could you guys imagine how many the dynamic duo (Tom and Pammy) have put in? :lol:

PD tip I have been meaning to share: To make replacement screens just buy available screens and a sturdy hole puncher (too perfect and convenient to be a coincidence). :)

Progress,

Purple-Days

Holy Hole, Batman they have found the cave...

Hehe, not how I do it. I don't give it all away. :lol:

Gonna try that soon, (I betcha!) :cool:

Purple-Days,

jklasd

hey guys, im thinking of a good bong for the pd. i saw vtacs and it was very nice. but how would customs be ordering one of them?

jklasd,

baikal

How are customs thru edit.com? I will let u know, I just ordered today.

Tom, your stems and entire product is sublime. Not to sound sexist, but women seem more adept at the finer dexterity processes (like asssembling the tiny tube internals) at least in my experience.

Men and women can make a good team..;)

baikal,

xyu

How long do the effects last on average after 2 or 3 tubes of quality herb for you all?

xyu,

The_Algebraist

xyu said:
How long do the effects last on average after 2 or 3 tubes of quality herb for you all?
When I hit two PD stems the high is probably equivalent to a medium sized SSV session. Though this is certainly going to be different from person to person depending on your tolerance and PD vape technique. All in all though, two PD stems gets me extremely high. For me that's a good hour or so of a very high buzz, slowly tapering off over the course of the subsequent hour or two.

The_Algebraist,
Top Bottom