Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

tradhead

Thats a brilliant answer frikr, so in a really cold environment, you just have to toke slower... and vice versa for a really hot environment? right? we can get 42c at 2am! is there however some point at which the cold of the air overwhelms the heat sink?
What about altitude? I gather water wont even boil at high altitudes.. is that correct? Is that to do with the rarefied air? or? would this have any bearing on the PD ?

one more question... sorry inquisitive mind :) the voltage, I gather from tom that at a higher voltage the PD operates at a higher temp, thats correct right... so a lower voltage= lower temp... is there a way to determine , apart from practical experiment, the temp in relation to the voltage? ie . I ask just for vapeing other herbs. This might sound strange, but I vape sage, eucalyptus, hash, etc... and also because my battery's can read 11v on a cold night... is that too low? thanks a lot for your clear and informative reply, I really appreciate it.

tradhead,

Frickr

well im sure there is a point at which the heat exchanger doesnt have enough heat energy to fully heat all the cold air to a certain degree. but i think given the mass of the exchanger and being stainless steel (retaines heat better then metels like aluminum, but also takes longer to transfer that energy) that this shouldnt be a problem unless if your vaping in really cold weather.

im still waiting on my pd to come in, check my inbox regularly for that shipping comfrimation, so i know i cant answer all the questions you may have. im just going by my knowledge of what ive read, and my practical experiences with physics chemistry and also heatexchangers. (going to school for process plant which is crude oil production basically)

i thought water boiled quicker at a higher altitude due to the lower atmospheric pressure, that being said wouldnt THC also boil out sooner due to the same principal?

and hot air passing over the unit will take less time, but still the heat exchanger is heated to a constant temp, the air passing through can only heat up to that specific temp set by the heat exchanger, it cant transfer more heat energy then it has itself. so i dont see hotter weather being as much of a problem as colde weather.

Frickr,

tradhead

yep your right, just googled it... water boils at a lower temp 10 000 ft = 90deg guess altitude is not really relevant to the PD... right?

<<that this shouldnt be a problem unless if your vaping in really cold weather. >> thats the whole point, vapeing at subzero temps... Skiing etc..

thanks

tradhead,

Purple-Days

EitherOr, we have a capacity of 2-3 units a day. And we have only been selling Purple-Days Diffusers since April of last year. There are never going to be a lot of Purple-Days users. We still think of everyone as family. Each person is special to us and we enjoy welcoming new users into the group. Kinda like a eatery where you serve two or three meals a day, you get to know and like the folks you serve. A few even come back for seconds.

Hey there, Free Thinker, welcome to the Purple-Days family. So glad you are enjoying the vapor life. We really brightened up when we saw your order. That's our home town (Cincy). Does the water tower still say Y'ALL, down by you?

Frickr your example was right on. Take a 20A 120 Volt circuit. 20 x 120 = 2400 Watts, we draw 8. Kaboom. :lol: Ever see the episode of Green Acres where the plugs had to add up to 7? Funny stuff explaining to Lisa why...

Tradhead, it was a difficult decision, it's not that the PD isn't suited to Solar or a Battery Bank (or even cold/hot or elevated environs). When I said the PD wasn't for you, (in a private e-mail) I expected you to read between the lines.

I will not argue the basics of electricity with a person who thinks Mr. Ohm is irrelevant. :rolleyes: Let me quote you, "I = V / R is irrelevant" . :/

Purple-Days,

EitherOr

Cool! Thanks for the info Tom. I really dig y'alls products and attitude, it's cool to know that we are still a small band. It makes running into another PD vaporist that much cooler.

EitherOr,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
:lol: dont spend so much time answering to trahead , as you can see it 's really hard to make him understand something ....btw I can't wait to get my new baby !! two of my friend are waiting it with me , I pretty sure you'll get some other customer really soon :brow: I also think that I will use it as aromatheraphy device to ...I'm totaly noob to this but more I'learn about vaping and benefit of herb in general , the more I want to strat aromatize my room and home
:peace: tom keep good working !

Clear_Dome,

tradhead

Purple-Days said:
Tradhead, it was a difficult decision, it's not that the PD isn't suited to Solar or a Battery Bank (or even cold/hot or elevated environs). When I said the PD wasn't for you, (in a private e-mail) I expected you to read between the lines.

I will not argue the basics of electricity with a person who thinks Mr. Ohm is irrelevant. :rolleyes: Let me quote you, "I = V / R is irrelevant" . :/
Well I try not to tom, I try to go by what people actually say.
Quotes out of context are also misleading.
I prefer honest and clear communication, saves on misunderstandings.

tradhead,

jeg05

ah i have a question and i hope this has not been asked b4 but if it has i am very sorry however i need to know is there such a thing as too dry for the PD?

jeg05,

Frickr

it depends on who you ask. your too dry might be someone elses preference. dryness helps, so your not getting more steam than vapor.

on the other hand being so dry that its just a powder isnt a good thing either. unless if you can keep it packed without falling out.

Frickr,

jeg05

well i ahve cloe tp powder/clumps i hope it still works in the PD, oh an does weed normaly have pretty stong citrist sent? it smell really good but i ahve never really smelled weed that i wanted to eat b4? thosae will by my last question becuase i do not want to waist this thread with idle conversation.

jeg05,

jeg05

i have herd of weed haveing friutie notes but i just never smelled them b4 but i guess i was never really smelling for them i am more of a visual perosn well anyway thanks fricker & beezleb.

jeg05,

free thinker

Purple-Days said:
Hey there, Free Thinker, welcome to the Purple-Days family. So glad you are enjoying the vapor life. We really brightened up when we saw your order. That's our home town (Cincy). Does the water tower still say Y'ALL, down by you?
Yup. Still says "Y'all". Gotta love Kentucky :) Like I said, expect more orders from this area. All the people I've shown it to have been extremely impressed by it. I even think my mom's going to buy one :)

Question for you all...or should I say y'all...what's a good place to order these "essential oils" to make some good smells after I've used the PD for it's intended purpose ? I know absolutely nothing about aromatherapy and wouldn't know where to look. I saw a link in this thread but it would take me a week to find it again...

free thinker,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
AHHHH!!!! its here allready. i have it plugged in and warming right now. i wasnt expecting it to come until next week. Thank you so very much to tom and pammy and im sure this is going to be an amazing experience. i got half way through this thread and it was just teasing me. this made my day. now i have some stuff i gotta grind :cool::D

minnesnowta,

EitherOr

Does anyone here have a Ti Tree model? I recently ordered a Ti Tree unit and I am wondering if the wood darkens slightly over time with use, similar to the Cherry models.
Just wondering what they look like after long term use, i'll find out eventually though.

EitherOr,

prk

EitherOr said:
Does anyone here have a Ti Tree model? I recently ordered a Ti Tree unit and I am wondering if the wood darkens slightly over time with use, similar to the Cherry models.
Just wondering what they look like after long term use, i'll find out eventually though.
I do, and I believe SA has the "sister" to it as well. It definitely has gotten darker with age, I can put up pictures later when I'm not sitting in a lecture!

prk,

EitherOr

Awesome! pictures would be fantastic if you can swing it. Thanks!

prk said:
I do, and I believe SA has the "sister" to it as well. It definitely has gotten darker with age, I can put up pictures later when I'm not sitting in a lecture!

EitherOr,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
FYI, it's Tea Tree. And yeah, I got a Tea tree model. Let me dig up the pictures from the first day and take a brand new one after lunch... she has so much more depth and beauty. :)

SpiralArchitect,

Purple-Days

'Cause I know you guys like the details... this is from Wikipedia, "Tea tree or Ti-tree is a popular name that has been applied to a number of different, unrelated plants: . . . "

We use Melaleuca alternifolia. And I have both spellings Ti and Tea on our site. ;)

Purple-Days,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
free thinker said:
Purple-Days said:
Yup. Still says "Y'all". Gotta love Kentucky :) Like I said, expect more orders from this area. All the people I've shown it to have been extremely impressed by it. I even think my mom's going to buy one :)

Question for you all...or should I say y'all...what's a good place to order these "essential oils" to make some good smells after I've used the PD for it's intended purpose ? I know absolutely nothing about aromatherapy and wouldn't know where to look. I saw a link in this thread but it would take me a week to find it again...
there's an aromatherapy thread around here somewhere for beginners. a lot of good info in it, especially by one of our members who is an aromatherapist.

stickstones,

Frickr

when the pd is used with oils or some incents ground up in the copper cap, is the smell overpowering? i live in a 7 by 14 foot room and i dont want to stink myself and my roommate out with a drop or two of oil.

Frickr,
Top Bottom