Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

SHED7

i made a pd vape bong attachment and bong hookah thing
its pretty legit
i got the tubing to fit around the straw at lowes and then shoved it into my spliff adating bong attatchment for my roor to make the bong attachment
then

for the hookah thing i took a pick jar drilled three wholes in the top all connecting with tubes wit one to the pd:ninja::peace::ninja:

broke my fone n camera so no pics thats the only prob just so everyone knows and is wants to experiment:ninja::ninja:

SHED7,

max

Out to lunch
jeg05 said:
max do u have a PD? and if u do did it come in 2-3 days?
I got mine back in the dark ages. Tom had to ship TTA (Tied to a Turtle's Ass).

He uses Priority Mail now. It's pretty quick but there are no guarantees. Please don't load up the already huge thread with questions about shipping times. Email info@purple-days.com for questions about shipping and/or your particular order/wants/needs. We only want to know what you think once you've got it. And if you're willing to even skim this thread, you'll know all the ins and outs before your unit even arrives. ;)

max,

Purple-Days

Welcome to the Family Ballin.

It's the funniest thing (USPS that is), our Post office computer went down on Friday afternoon delaying a few packages. We went South to the only close Post Office that is open on Saturday (18 miles away) open 2 hours. :rolleyes:

Dig this, Saturday AM in Ophir, Oregon to New York City on Monday. Go figure, for sure, 5 days to LA, :/ and we know it was in Eugene on Tuesday night ... Honestly it's usually a two day trip to Cali. Anyway so glads you have it and like it.

Finally un-plugged the Cherry test unit for a little while.

Testing my new Ash unit, the only new wood I've had a chance to make into a PD yet... Oh yeah, looks like I cut off the barrel end of a Louisville Slugger. Ash has a very nice grain, as any who have swung a 'real' ball-bat know. But, it doesn't show without a stain of some sort. So we have been coming up with a non-toxic stain, based on Buzz-Butter and Pammy's non-toxic watercolor pigments (very old dried out tubes,nice use for them). She came up with a nice blend to enhance the contrast of the grain. Ash has a pleasant almost non-smell, I noticed when boring it too, real nice to work with and the right weight and density.

To stave off the inevitable questions: We have halted sales on our site to catch up with our current orders. And I still owe a few LED replacements. So if you are in line don't worry, please. We will be sending your order as soon as possible. My 16 hour workday ended at 4:30PM (no kidding) today if you need an Idea of my schedule. I am peddling as fast as I can. If you aren't in line, sorry, we will be back up soon.

A couple of recent things. New box, slightly more compact but same quality, 200# white die cut, less wasted space, more eco-friendly. QC: The tubes are now countersunk and stropped with leather on the mouth end for a better feel, and the tube tips are getting a bit different de-burr routine for a smoother feel. Big thanks to user input on this.

We have always said, suggestions welcome. Thanks again, to all who have helped us.

TTA, funny one Max... I was just silly enough at that point.

Purple-Days,

Ben

Purple-Days said:
(...)My 16 hour workday ended at 4:30PM (no kidding) today if you need an Idea of my schedule. I am peddling as fast as I can.(...)
Tom, I've already told you : "Take a break from time to time" :rolleyes: (easy to say for me : I already have my PD :D )

and by the way, don't peddle so fast : the tour de France starts only in July ;)

Ben,

ballin1

Hey guys. How do you clean your tubes? I know its been answered somewhere in this gigantic thread, but talk about looking for a needle in a haystack...

Isopryl alcohol? Agitate or not? Soak overnight? Fill the cleaning bottle to top?

Suggestions?

ballin1,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
You can soak or agitate them in the purple bottle. Isopropyl, gin, vodka.

Personally I fill the tube itself and shake.

Rinse with hot water and allow to dry.

vtac,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
Purple-Days said:
A couple of recent things. New box, slightly more compact but same quality, 200# white die cut, less wasted space, more eco-friendly. QC: The tubes are now countersunk and stropped with leather on the mouth end for a better feel, and the tube tips are getting a bit different de-burr routine for a smoother feel. Big thanks to user input on this.
I'm intrigued by these "enhancements" :brow: Any chances we can see some advance pictures? Please? :D

ballin1 said:
Fill the cleaning bottle to top?
I usually put enough alcohol in the bottle to cover the steel tip of the tube but not enough to come into contact with the plastic. Then I let it soak until my other tube needs a cleaning and rotate them so.

Skunkypete,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Skunkypete, QC is quality control. All your going to see is a picture of a smaller white, unlabeled box and an identical stem. Tom is just rubbing them with leather to smooth out the mouthpiece area. Good idea, if you ask me. :)

SpiralArchitect,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Hey Tom....and everyone..

Just want to put out 2 things I've noticed recently that might be helpful.
One, yes, you're absolutely right about drying out material before vaping - I find a good way to do it, in my case a better way to do it rather than let it sit on top of the refrigerator, is to place the material on top of a lit incandescent lamp for about an hour. In my apartment the material, which is in a small wood bowl, sits on top of the bathroom wall fixture (typical apartment setup - light is above the shaving mirror) and with that, i find that the hits are definitely stronger and more consistent.

Two, I don't know if this is my imagination or not, but tilting the PD downward rather than upward tends to yield better hits also. In other words, rather than holding the bottom upward as if to prevent material from spilling into it, try doing the opposite and point the bottom to about five o'clock.

Last weekend a few people came by - Tom knows this story - and for the fun of it I brought out my Silver Surfer alongside the PD.
I know it's apples and oranges but in all respects the PD was the preferred transport appliance.
In particular we liked the fact that, by comparison, you don't have to fiddle with any temp setting dial. No muss no fuss.

Well tonight's probably going to be a Hershell Gordon Lewis night - "Blast Off Girls" and maybe "Just For the Hell Of It"

later......

jeffp,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
SpiralArchitect said:
Skunkypete, QC is quality control. All your going to see is a picture of a smaller white, unlabeled box and an identical stem. Tom is just rubbing them with leather to smooth out the mouthpiece area. Good idea, if you ask me. :)
Oh yeah , duh. I feel stupid now :uhoh: I'll just go ahead and blame it on the vapors :ko:

Skunkypete,

Purple-Days

Yep, Quality Control.

The tubes are Polypropylene rod, in 8 foot lengths when we start. So, shaping is up to me.

I had tried a lot of things to get a smooth, final finish, on the mouthpiece. Steel wool left a nice surface but the metal left the plastic slightly dis-colored, no good. Sandpaper works but really fine sandpaper, to get a nice finish, just clogs up with the plastic. Not practical beyond 220 grit. 220 leaves a 'ground glass' type finish, slightly rough, not as nice as the steel wool but no dis-coloring.

The final touch, is now applied with the suede side of a scrap of leather. I sorta notice that older tubes had been smoothed by repeated use and rubbing around in a pants pocket. Was gonna cut a piece of jean material, but had a scrap of leather and thought to give it a try. It works really well.

The steel tips, well it's a difference, but not one you might see. Mere 10 thousanths probably, but I know it's there. Get me a microscope, :uhoh: Also I ppicked up a 7/32" round file, same diameter as the bore of the tubes, after drilling with a bit I chuck the file and ream the bore for a smoother finish and in an effort to remove any plastic left from drilling.

These are little things, but I am always going to try and do something better. It's just my nature. Copying isn't my style. It hasn't made me a popular fellow with other workers on some past occasions. Finding a better or faster way to do a job isn't generally well received. A better way... somebody came up with the old way and usually has an interest in keeping their way on top. A faster way... somebody is gonna have less work or have to go do something 'extra' with the spare time, not popular either.

Fun part is, it's my shop (for a change). And if I want an improvement I make it.

The box is just a bit tighter (by fractions) and comes from the same place, but the fold is different and you end up with a double layer bottom (nice). About the same amount of cardboard used but, not so much internal padding required, so an overall reduction in paper use and therefor a tiny bit more eco-friendly.

Iso, or rot-gut vodka etc. Neither will affect the plastic. An inch or so in the bottle will soak the tip without wSting extra fluid to fill the whole bottle. Or fill 3/4 and re-use the fluids till they are dark. A q-tip is good at retrieving the tube from the bottle without dumping the fluid.

JeffP and I disagree, 5:00 PM vs 4:00 PM :ko: , just joking, but I do hold it downward, just feels better.

Purple-Days,

max

Out to lunch
Glad to see you decided to join the club CD! Remember, dues are payable every Monday. I prefer PayPal. :brow:

max,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Hey CD, congrats on your decision! (I do not think you will be disappointed :brow: )

From your name I'd assume that you may be interested in creating some PD-CD's (here is some insight into using oils in the PD I previously posted...)
P - The PD is (hands down) my favorite unit for vaporizing oily concentrates (aside from those dedicated solely to that use). So far my approach is to pre-warm the stem so the oils melt when you add them (feel free to let it melt past the screen-the SS tubing continues well past). Either draw slowly & carefully with the unit level (or at a good angle) while turning the stem uhoh or play it safe and suck/pack in some herbs before drawing (after adding the oil).
I also feel that extra screens/clips would be helpful for this approach, but have not gotten around to asking Tom if those are cheap/available enough for me to get a bunch of them (...Tom?... :brow: :lol: ).

Feel free to also check out post #1157 of this thread if interested in my other PD tips.

Allow me to be the first to welcome you to the PD family ;)

edit: Oooh! Max, you beat me to the punch :lol:(that's what I get for rambling and meticulously editing :p )

Toke it easy :cool:

Progress,

max

Out to lunch
Max, you beat me to the punch (that's what I get for rambling and meticulously editing )
That happens to me a lot too, and usually for the same reasons. :/

max,

redabob

bobader
Woot, finally got to post. Please mind my super low post count, but let me introduce ma self real quick before attempting to prove a point. You can call me red, I just started vaping since this week, and I have to tell you, that it's totally out of any expectation a smoker might think vaping is.

I tend to find vapor to betricky, I dont really know when too much is actually too much in terms of inhaling. Take this as an example, since the arrival of my PD, I've had really long drags that literally made my lungs ripped apart in shreds from the coughing, because there is hardly any burning sensation at the end of the throat to tell you when enough is enough, just a smacking sensation of vapor rich in THC (yummy) that crawl into your lungs. I've had hits of the PD, without any exaggeration, that put me into an eating frenzy, similar to the ones I had 2 years ago.

I am stubborn by nature, I didnt read any instructions, all I wanted was to vape the moment this box had arrived over here. I got everything connected, I really felt worried because I thought my PD was malfunctioning when in fact it just took 30-45 minutes to heat up, I left it there and I couldnt vape anything because I was really stupid in buying a regulated 12V DC adapter, that only gave off 0.7 of amps. That sucked man, I went back and had that thing returned, it costed me 30 Aussie dollars (thank you market recession) so I had to return it.

Another stupid mistake I did was to place the herb the other way around, dont ask me why, but I just had an instinct that placing it below the stem was gonna make the herb fall down the heating tub easily, I didnt know that packing it will get it to hold in still and all that. I was literally sucking herb and spitting it out for half an hour before I held that little piece of paper that Tom has placed in the box SHOWING me clearly how to place the herb. Right there, I felt like I needed a slap somewhere. Anyways

Here comes the sweet part. I burn alot, on average days I used to light up 6-7 J's all by myself, while working non stop like a workaholic in the office. Toking through my persoanlly customized bong was putting my high on the right levels. Then just like Spiral ( I am 22) I got hit and the smoking caught up with me. Here came the phlegm, coughing, shortness of breath, you name it. So since last sunday, I've said bye bye to the world of combustion, and oh god how beautiful this world is. Waking up every morning feeling a beautiful soothed throat, rather than a totally f@$%#$ throat that needs 3 glasses of cold water to have it somewhat revived.

I am now just in love with my PD. I burn through the herb MUCH more less than what I used to when toking with bongs and J's. From 10gs per week, to 3.5g per week, is ALOT, and its going to be that way, because after the 3rd bowl, im almost smashed here.:D

I don't know whats wrong with the shipping interstate in the US, but Tom shipped it from oregon on a wednesday (which was Friday in Aussie), and I receieved it on tuesday (which is sunday in oregon). So basically, this little gadget took no more than 3-4 days to get shapped across the oceans to where I am. For the first time in 2-3 years, I feel like I bought something that was worth it in every single aspect. Even after the shipping, 2-3 emails from Pam were sent just to confirm with me that everything is going well and as intended.

Thank you for such a wonderful experience, and an investment into a healthier life. ;)

I got this time the 12V 1 Amp unregulated DC connecter, the electrnoics shop swore it would work, and it finally DID. The thing now has been running for 72 hours non stop, it's so strong, this little thing I underestimated way too much has proven to me that it can withstand even these working conditions. I went and grabbed a 6mm plastic tubing of a kids shop, suprise suprise, the thing even goes through the stem perfectly without any problems at all.

redabob,

Beezleb

Welcome to the wonderful world of vaping and am very glad you have found the right vaporizer for you, I believe you found a new friend.

Beezleb,

redabob

bobader
Anyone feels like going to the spa after toking? PD and the heated wood just smells so natural sometimes it reminds me of the wooden world of vapor inside the sauna. Could be me just talking rubbish, but oh well. :)

redabob,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Wow, I had never thought of that before!!!

Now I want to go to the gym! :lol: and I'm RIPPED!

:peace:

Welcome to the Family, vapor, FC & PD alike, redabob. :)

SpiralArchitect,

Beezleb

redabob said:
Anyone feels like going to the spa after toking? PD and the heated wood just smells so natural sometimes it reminds me of the wooden world of vapor inside the sauna. Could be me just talking rubbish, but oh well. :)
No but I get in our Jacuzzi. Best money I ever spent besides my vaporizer.

Beezleb,

Purple-Days

We are so happy you are enjoying Red, welcome to the family. :) (sounds like me, I rarely read instructions, bites me once in a while)

Purple-Days,

redabob

bobader
Guys just a little advise for the ones suffering trying to get their herb dry. I usually use these stash tin containers (same one that comes with the PD order), and with your finely grinded herb inside it, just place the tin above the PD and leave it to heat up. I place it there for an hour, with constant shakes from now and then. I think the tin heats up to around 60-80 celsius when doing this, enough to get the moisture out?

This is just my :2c: on getting it dry, Ive heard someone say that its better to place them in a freezer (-7 celsius or so). but who knows.

redabob,

redabob

bobader
Thanks guys, and thanks for the welcoming environment over these great forum, and for one hell of a product. It's more than what it takes to bring a man from the wild to post here :p

Btw guys, incase you had no idea what that little copper cup was. I thought it was the cap to protect the heat tubing, and forgot it on. When I came to vape, I picked it up like nothing happened. Just to have a gazillion nerve receptors fire off the burning sensation on my fingers. LoL, sometimes I just feel like an idiot, but anyways I learnt a lesson.

This lesson brought me to an aromatherapy shop for essential oils that I came across, I picked up a Clove bud oil vial for 7 dollars (4-5 US), had 5 drips of it in that copper oil, went to jogg with the girlfriend and when I came back an hour later, the whole oil has diffused. The house smells like a hindu temple, that natural fragrance rocked the home. Point here, its that the PD is a great device outside the vaping context. Well the device runs 24/7 (hate the 30min warming), so you arent losing anything anyways :ko:

redabob,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Red,

Glad Ur Njoyin Ur PD. I Njoyd Ur stories/insight.

Small tip: If you use stretchy tubing, cut a small piece (1/4-1/2") and stretch it over the top rim of the copper cap (cool silicone ring to grab ;) )

Feel free to also check out post #1157 of this thread if interested in my other PD tips.

Progress,
Top Bottom