Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
I don't know what causes it Prog, but I also have the "vibratory" noise with my PD. I only notice it when I smack the bottom a little too hard (making sure the unit is clean after using). It's funny too because it's like, I hit it once and no sound, hit it twice and there's still no sound, three times and there it is. Not always three times, but it doesn't always ring, is what I'm trying to say. I would also be interested to know what causes this. :)

partially veiled,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'd bets it's just the fins vibrating.

So, Progress, you're not satisfied with the hits you get with the PD and now you want it to be a musical instrument as well? That's killer! I want to see the vid of Spiral hitting his PD while you sit next to him playing music on yours for ambiance.

We got into a deep conversation about whether the durability tests that were done covered this scenario, which I think ended when we realized that we were trying to factor the difference between the gravity on Mars and the gravity on Earth.

Fuckin' classic! It's shit like that that keeps me coming back!

stickstones,

Beezleb

Instead of a kazoo band a pd band hehe.

I bet we could make a xmas cd that would blow those barking dogs away hehe.

Beezleb,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
That 'gin' idea sounds great. I use iso, but after reading about Tom recommending some 'gutrot' ( :lol: ) for cleaning instead, I think I might pick something up. I hate the smell of hard A, but oh well... I'm one that doesn't like to waste anything.... :)

I leave my iso in their and just rotate out my tubes, until it becomes a thick golden color, then I evaporate the alcohol.... Do you think the gin might seep up some of the plastic in the purple tube, possibly affecting it's taste? I hate to think of drinking some crazy plastic chemicals (one reason I avoid plastic cups, give me glass please).

SpiralArchitect,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Damn, SA, you are an enthusiast! Not drinking from a plastic cup? That's funny because I prefer them to glass...can't change a redneck.

BTW, SA, you probably already know this, but if you stare at your avatar until you feel like you are sliding down the rabbit hole, then quickly look at something else, the something else will appear to shrink away from you...very cool and I gotta try it later tonight after some vapor!

stickstones,

Purple-Days

Haha, the PD vibra-band.

I'll take that nickle Sticks.

Yeah, it's somewhere in this thread. The vibration answer that is.

The heater resistor is secure inside the bottom of the heat exchanger, the pos and neg leads run through two holes bored through the solid body, These leads are bare, tinned copper 20gauge RoHS compliant wire, each one wraps around a stainless steel screw and washer in the bottom cavity before going on to the power jack where the wire is wrapped through a hole in a tab on each side of the jack before soldering with the Lead-Free solder.

So you get about 2" of bare wire (x2) secured at both ends. Properly struck the vibration is somewhat like a tuning fork and the body amplifies the tone.

Speaking of playing it like an instrument, one of the QC checks I do is 'pluck' each of the wires after soldering, the tone tells me things are tight and the solder strong.

Purple-Days,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
^
Haha, I love the 'pluck'..... can you play Stairway to Heaven? :D

stickstones,

Yeah, I'll still use a plastic cup, if I have to, but fuck.... I really don't like to. I read this article in Nat'l Geographic about all the chemicals seeping into our bodies from teflon, plastic, containers, our clothes, even the carpet! Ever since then, I've viewed things really differently to say the least.... :p

You might want to check out this. I think I posted it in the VaporSpam thread but I don't think many took notice. Some seriously trippy shit. Be careful, I made my friend stare at it for 3 minutes straight and then look away, he thought his retinas were melting..... :lol:

Time to butter this beauty up. It's been quite some time. It seems like the grain has more depth than when I first got it. I really like that.... :)

SpiralArchitect,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
got my billy bowl today....:D

You guys are the best...my dad actually secretly got me one (maple) and had it shipped to my house...you also threw in some buzz butter...many thanks for that as well :wave: but the bee on the little tin is gone...ahh that was a cool lil add on...not up to you tho so its no worries...getting the bowl buttered up is a bit harder tho..a warm PD really is a great canvas for such applications...ill figure out how to apply it in a lil bit

*side note*
I almost didnt get my billy bowl...the package in my mail column was stuffed in with all of my other mail....i had to open the box while it was inside my mail box...almost didnt get my purple package!!! :o had to cut open the box and all that jazz :/

what a purty lil item for my PD to spend its days with....I can tell they have hit it off already :lol:

:peace:
;pd;

oh and what else could i put in that billy bowl but some PURPle nugget....I think its a fitting house warming gift for my new wooden friend :lol:

Hennessy1414,

Pammy-Days

Lovely Assistant
Hey Hennessey1414,

Glad you liked your Billy bowl. I picked that one out just for you. I thought Tom sent you an empty tin, (unmarked) so you could have an extra stealthy stash tin. I'm with you, I like the little Bee ;) Oh, and your Dad was real nice to me.

I appreciate it the compliments and the thank yous from all of you. Can't tell you how happy it makes us.

Pammy-Days,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Awesome Henn! Yeah, these little bowls are great. Mine is full of some finely ground Blueberry weed right now. Smells like heaven.

I have never buzz buttered my Billy Bowl. It has some other finish on it... I'm not sure if Tom has figured out what (he doesn't make them) the maker/neighbor uses, but I'm not sure if Buzz Butter is required. Might get some butter in your buds. :lol:

SpiralArchitect,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
well when the main focal point of 40% of our conversations are about my favorite purple-people....i think it was about time that i got one :p
;pd;

thanks pammy for the kind words....i love how he(billy) sits right next to the PD....they really make a nice contrast with the different colors/grain of the woods

BRING BACK THE BEE! :lol:

im also very thankful of the green stone you gave me...I can scope on that thing all night...so smooth and colorful :) and green :D

SpiralArchitect said:
Awesome Henn! Yeah, these little bowls are great. Mine is full of some finely ground Blueberry weed right now. Smells like heaven.

I have never buzz buttered my Billy Bowl. It has some other finish on it... I'm not sure if Tom has figured out what (he doesn't make them) the maker/neighbor uses, but I'm not sure if Buzz Butter is required. Might get some butter in your buds. :lol:
yeah i always knew tom didnt make the billy bowls...he has enough on his plate as it is

the first thought that came into my mind when i got ol billy was DON'T buzz butter the inside of the bowl a real :doh: if i did that

personally i grind up 3 days worth of vapors at a time...usually less than a gram...i like the fresh taste but a dry bud at the same time...just doesn't work with grinding up an eight and finishing that off in any time soon. waste of your buds flavors, and smell :2c:

:peace: out purple people

;pd;

and to those of you who are on the fence about getting a billy bowl or not...quit wasting your time already! and get the hand crafted bowl of your choice...a real treat for your bud, your ;pd; and you! :)

Hennessy1414,

Purple-Days

I got Pammy to ask about the finish on the Billy Bowls. Satin Polyurethane.

Kinda thought that was it, same as the finish on your dining table. Not really thrilled about it, but what the heck, it's a super thin coating and probably about the best finish for the purpose.

Yep, Buzz-Butter would not taste too good mixed with your bud. So the PolyU is probably gonna be best.

NO we don't make the Billy-Bowls. Bowl turning is a real art and this fellow does a real nice job. I think the shape is perfect for our purposes. Holds the right amount, topple proof (short of it getting hit for a home run) and the curvy inside surface is perfect for grabbing a pinch. We just re-sell them for him and glad to do it. Same with tube holders. Some new HQ styles coming soon.

Purple-Days,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
PD - The heater resistor is secure inside the bottom of the heat exchanger, the pos and neg leads run through two holes bored through the solid body, These leads are bare, tinned copper 20gauge RoHS compliant wire, each one wraps around a stainless steel screw and washer in the bottom cavity before going on to the power jack where the wire is wrapped through a hole in a tab on each side of the jack before soldering with the Lead-Free solder. So you get about 2" of bare wire (x2) secured at both ends. Properly struck the vibration is somewhat like a tuning fork and the body amplifies the tone. Speaking of playing it like an instrument, one of the QC checks I do is 'pluck' each of the wires after soldering, the tone tells me things are tight and the solder strong.
Thank you, Tom. You rock! :tup: (:lol: 'Thank you, Tom. You rock! :tup: 'appeared when I typed 'Th' :lmao: )

So, Tom, if someone were to ask you:
PDF :lol: - "So, it would be cool if I played the side of this like some kind of vibrating instrument? :D "
but be likely to test away if given permission, what would you reply (sure go ahead, you probably could but still don't, sure bang as hard as you want, etc.)?

Bow down to the almighty, all-knowing creator :bowdown: :lmao:

Edit: I forgot...Could you please also tell me what material the wash bottle is made of or link to the specs page (I have been using a similar shape Nalgene bottle I had like this one ( http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pr...SPlastic&category_name=15033&product_id=30465 ). You know me..I'm Just a :ninja: :mental: :freak: :tinfoil:

TYiA :wave:

Edit:
P - We got into a deep conversation about whether the durability tests that were done covered this scenario, which I think ended when we realized that we were trying to factor the difference between the gravity on Mars and the gravity on Earth.
SS - Fuckin' classic! It's shit like that that keeps me coming back!
Thank you 'Bob' (still love the avatar :tup: )

Progress,

Purple-Days

Turning it over and tapping to remove debris is normal use. Rather than beating it like a bongo, why not sample the sound, get the tone you want, Then plug it into your workstation say about B-flat on the keyboard. :uhoh:

The bottom of the Purple wash bottle says #1 in the little triangle. That;s polyethylene. My understanding is #s 1-4 are that #5 is polypropylene (what we use for vapor tubes) These are all safe and FDA food grade (1-5)

Purple-Days,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
PD - Turning it over and tapping to remove debris is normal use. Rather than beating it like a bongo, why not sample the sound, get the tone you want, Then plug it into your workstation say about B-flat on the keyboard. uhoh
So, repeatedly slapping it on the side (hard or soft) to feel the positive vibration (caused by pos/neg leads vibrating, I think :lol: ) would be be advised against? Yes? No?
PD - The bottom of the Purple wash bottle says #1 in the little triangle. That;s polyethylene. My understanding is #s 1-4 are that #5 is polypropylene (what we use for vapor tubes) These are all safe and FDA food grade (1-5)
Cool. I'll just put my little tin foil hat back on (if you know what I mean ;) ).

Thank you, Tom. You rock! :tup:

Progress,

Purple-Days

Repeated beatings? Ehhh...

One of my first ventures on this vape making path was repairing the loose wiring inside our first Aromazap. I saw another person post similar repairs and I knew I didn't want metal fatigue to snap our wiring. so the design has always taken that into consideration. I did the best I could to eliminate the possibility of anything getting loose, you could probably tap or slap it a really, really long time befrore anything happens.

Purple-Days,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
or slap it a really, really long time befrore anything happens.
That's Purple-Days abuse!!!! :mad: I'm calling Vaporizer Protective Services --- shit like this is not OK!!

:lol:

late night edit///

Pretty good picture to capture the tea tree grain. :)

Ahhh what the hell, I know some people love hi-res shit... :p

Natures beauty!!!! :D

SpiralArchitect,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
love the site tom...I can really tell you gave it a ton of effort to make it look more user friendly..I was certainly finding things easier :)

....oh and I saw a note that the new woods need to be tested out a bit before they get sold to us vaporist...i'll be a Guinea pig for you tom and experiment for you...scientific stuff man :science:

:lol:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Beezleb

Where did you order from? I would send an email asking. If you ordered from the purple days site I am sure someone will respond.

Beezleb,

max

Out to lunch
cannabananabis said:
I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of how long the purple days usually takes to be shipped, I ordered mine (well, my brother with a paypal account was nice enough to order it for me) with a billy-bowl on Monday of this week and haven't yet heard anything.
Please direct all questions concerning individual sales to info@purple-days.com, or admin@vapenow.com, if purchased there. PD shipments start at either the west coast (Tom) or the east coast (vapenow), so delivery times will vary accordingly. The buyer's location is also obviously a factor, as well as whether Tom or vapenow has stock when the order arrives. Vapenow, according to the site, is currently out of stock, but you can order a unit. Tom's site will normally not allow you to place an order if he doesn't have units in stock.

max,

Purple-Days

Max is right on most all accounts. We will not take orders if we do not have material on hand to make our product. In stock might imply units sitting on the shelf, not so, we make and ship as quickly as possible, and everyone since re-opening the site for sales has been told we are making them as we go, so Shipment will be as quick as possible. When it goes you will be e-mailed and it will ship 2-3 day Priority. A 100 mile drive and tooth extraction kinda put Monday in the can, and Tuesday I wasn't running in top gear, so delays can happen, Questions about individual transactions would be silly to handle here. E-mail any questions to us, we respond. There's even a phone number on the site...

Edit: ps to Hennesey, thanks, I made a start at it but Pammy is now putting her artsy skills to work. And she comes at it from a distance. Easier to see where it needs improvements. (convinced her to have at it, it won't bite...)

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom