Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Alright so I'm ready to order one of these as soon as I can. It was my 18th birthday yesterday I think it's time I make a little investment in my future. Do you know when are you gonna be taking orders Tom? All this talk has got me pretty hyped.

bluntfaced,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
So lots of people are waiting on these?

edit: okay okay so there's a shit load of people waiting to order these I hope I can get mine in there

bluntfaced,

LordKaz420

I just had my PD's power adapter die as well! I've owned the unit for 1 week, in which it's been plugged in since the moment I got it.. The only exception was the one time I took it in the car, and a few days ago I had it unplugged for an hour so I could butter her up. But for the last 3 days it's been sitting on my desk in 1 spot, plugged in, and working like a champ for at least a good 6-7 "sessions" a day.

I was actually in the middle of taking a nice long hit when I heard what can only be described as a slight "crackle" if you will. Very similar to the sound you sometimes hear when the hot air first hits very dry bud, but had that "electric" pop to it.. I didn't actually think anything of it at the time, and finished off my stem/tube.. It wasn't until a few minutes ago when I was about to vape again when I noticed the PD was cold! Putting two and two together, I instantly ran to my car in order to check if it was the PD or the power adapter, and thankfully after just a few minutes of being in the car the metal started to get hot.

I've owned a lot of electronic devices over the years, and with those came a lot of different power adapters. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've never had one die on me. Granted, the plug on things such as the base to a cordless phone, external hard drives, and virtually anything else I can think of right now that uses the same style connection doesn't get "moved" around as much as the PD does, but I'm starting to think that Jameco may have had a bad batch of adapters or something?

Obviously this has nothing to do with Tom and Pammy, as I understand they have no control over this. I just wanted to let everybody know because I found it kinda weird that this has happened to nu2vape and myself and we got our PD's within a week of each other. Needless to say, when I get a replacement adapter I'll also be picking up a spare, in order to prevent any further "downtime" should this happen again, hehe.

LordKaz420,

Purple-Days

Somewhere in this long thread we have been down this road before.

The adapters (car and wall) don't 'go bad'. They get broken. If someone feels they have one that 'went bad' they should contact us first, then send the device in question, in for testing.

We have never seen a wall wart 'go bad' and have never received a defective wall wart from Jameco or returned from a customer. They are UL listed and the QC on these seems very good based on the several hundred we have handled. Again if you believe on has 'gone bad' contact us.

The plug can be damaged. The alternative would be a proprietary or military plug set-up. In either case the cost of making a Purple-Days would rise and the retail price would have to increase. Sound good? Not when you have to replace that fancy military spec plug (that you just broke) and can't find it at the local Radio Shack or other easy access facility or electronics shop.

A heavier cord will put heavier stresses on the plug and on itself (flexing due to weight).

Alternative wall wart / cord weight / plug configuration set-ups are readily and inexpensively available from RS to Wal-Mart and electronics shops worldwide. That is the idea. Replaceable by you, in your local shops. A standard plug and a standard voltage that are available to everyone.

It's interesting that nearly everyone's second power supply, wether from Jameco or elsewhere, lasts very much longer that their first one... just an observation.

Purple-Days,

ILoveRadiohead!

I've used Jamco and Elpac power supplies in all my DIY audio amp builds and I've never seen a unit fail. Both those companies are considered to produce very high quality parts.

That being said anytime you bend a wire it can be stressed so in the case of the PD just watch that the section near the plug doesn't get pulled on or bent too hard and you shouldn't have any problems.

ILoveRadiohead!,

LordKaz420

Purple-Days said:
Somewhere in this long thread we have been down this road before.
I apologize then Tom, for making a repeat post.

Purple-Days said:
Again if you believe on has 'gone bad' contact us.
I accept full responsibility for my cord dying/breaking. I just wanted to explain how it wasn't intentionally mistreated or anything, and that it had broke from everyday use (and as cautious as I thought I was being, I guess it wasn't enough. I never placed the unit on the cord, or dropped the unit/caused stress to the cord other then the normal bending that occurs when you pick the unit up).

Purple-Days said:
Alternative wall wart / cord weight / plug configuration set-ups are readily and inexpensively available from RS to Wal-Mart and electronics shops worldwide. That is the idea. Replaceable by you, in your local shops. A standard plug and a standard voltage that are available to everyone.
I'm grateful that you used such a common voltage/plug for this very reason. The fact that it can be replaced in any local electronics store is awsome! I'm very sorry Tom if I had upset you with my post, I simply wished to share my experiences with everybody else here.. If anything, it was just to let people know that they should treat their plugs/cords with extra special care.

ILoveRadiohead! said:
That being said anytime you bend a wire it can be stressed so in the case of the PD just watch that the section near the plug doesn't get pulled on or bent too hard and you shouldn't have any problems.
Yeah, I think I've decided that on my replacement cord I'm going wrap the plug end in some heavy electrical tape, just to help keep it "straight" and prevent as much bending as possible. Not sure if that will actually make a difference, but I figure it can't hurt.

LordKaz420,

Purple-Days

No upset just wanted to explain that this is not the first time it's been discussed or occurance and that it isn't a new batch of power supplies that are a problem.

Our first busted plug (aromazap era) was a puzzler too. Reasoning that this can and does happen to such a device it made sense to make it as universal a part and voltage as possible. (besides 12V being car voltage)

So that's the why and how of plugs and cords. You should see the cord on my circular saw, about a foot long and taped up to the max. :lol: Sorta the way with daily use hand tools. The device can be built to drop from a roof, but they can't make a bulletproof cord.

Purple-Days,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Just reiterating a tip from pages long gone...

Reinforcing the power supply on the PD near the plug that goes into the device is a great idea. A tight, small wrap with some electric tape, or some shrink wrap will really help prevent the wiring from going loose and increase the longevity of it. Just like Toms circular saw. :lol:

These power plugs are probably designed with mostly stationary devices in mind. As we all know, the PD isn't sitting still very often for some of us. :D

SpiralArchitect,

nu2vape

:) I have resolved my issue with a trip to the local radio shack, pricey little buggers when buying thru them :mad: but mission accomplished.

Im going to order another adapter via the net for the 3rd room that the pd will be used in.

Laterz,
nu2vape :cool:

nu2vape,

zik

The PD is no longer listed as a product on vapenow.com. The PD is still planned to be going on sale in 2 days on the pd website?

zik,

Purple-Days

Announcements will be made as planned. Both VapeNow and Purple-Days are coordinating and plan updates. No announcements before. :cool:

Purple-Days,

max

Out to lunch
zik said:
The PD is no longer listed as a product on vapenow.com.
Sure it is-under brands. "Purple Days ... There are no products to list in this category." That just means 'none in stock'.

max,

zik

max said:
zik said:
The PD is no longer listed as a product on vapenow.com.
Sure it is-under brands. "Purple Days ... There are no products to list in this category." That just means 'none in stock'.
I have the page bookmarked and at the time it said something to the effect of 'that product is no longer in stock' and when i viewed by brands it gave me that same message you got, however it is back to normal now..

zik,

max

Out to lunch
This is the normal 'out of stock' message- IMPORTANT: PLEASE NOTE that we are currently sold out of Purple Days. We plan on having having more stock in a week or two. If you would like to place an order, we will ship as soon as we soon as we have the Purple Days in stock.

From time to time we've seen the other messages that may lead someone to think they're no longer carrying the PD, but rest assured that if the PD is available for sale, Vapenow will be selling it, since they are the exclusive dealer for this vape. Since it's a limited production vape, and currently in high demand, there will be times (maybe many times) when Vapenow is sold out and waiting for a new supply.

max,

superconducter

At what temperature does the unit operate?

I'm curious to know as some people like their vapor at the cooler end (+/- 315F for THC) and others a bit hotter (+/- 365F for CBD).

Thanks!

superconducter,

The_Algebraist

I will preface this by stating that i love the pd. But, sometimes it's really nice to milk your herb, hitting the different vaporizing temp zones for different cannaboids. Doesn't get you higher but it sure as fuck makes you feel like an informed consumer. To a certain degree, anyway.

max said:
It's around 375 I think. It's in the thread somewhere. I don't think many people consider 365 to be hot. This is the study I like to go by and 365 is a clean temp, with quite a few cannabinoids releasing at over 400, up to around 430.

http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/vaporizerstudy1.html

The_Algebraist,

max

Out to lunch
I had a stomach virus last weekend and was steadily dosing myself with PD leftovers put through my SSV. I cranked it up to get ALL the cannabinoids that were either analgesic or sedative. Quite effective too. :tup:

max,

Purple-Days

What is happening in PD land?

As most already have read we were swamped and refused to take more orders till we were caught up. It's just the way I am.

We also needed a system in place to keep order taking in line with production ability. You all know it's just us two, and no robots or offshore anything... we did it all ourselves and mostly on the dining room table.

We are very proud to announce that www.vapenow.com is now the exclusive dealer of Purple-Days Diffusers in North America. We have developed a great bond with them over the past 7 months and feel they are a perfect match for our needs. VapeNow will be handling all sales and routine customer service transactions for the USA and Canada.

In order to serve the special needs of our overseas friends we will continue to handle all other International sales. Making sure the proper power supplies are provided or aquired. It is vital to our reputation.

How VapeNow will handle supply and demand may still be determined,but we trust their business instincts enough to say,"Handle it." and have set manageble limits to the kits we can supply. Inquiries about sales and individual transactions (for North America) should be directed to www.VapeNow.com They will be happy to help you.

The other Item to cover is pricing. $180 for a Purple-Days Diffuser kit with all the usual accessories.

Can you order from Purple-Days direct? No, unless you want to stop by and pick it up personally, or live outside North America.

Once again we thank everyone for their support and good will. It would never have been possible to get to this point without it. Along the way we have made some very special friends. All of you have been like family to us, well, better than family... friends.

Thanks to all our friends. We haVE valued your input and inspiration. Many days have been brightened by your personal and touching contributions both on the forum and in private. Some folks can't be thanked enough.

The very best to you all,
Sincerely,
Tom and Pammy

Purple-Days,

zik

I am a little saddened I can no longer pay with paypal..what is the description that appears on a credit transaction? or is that a question for vapenow?
I would have placed my order with vapenow when I had the chance had I known.. :(
Kudos for making such a damn desirable product tho, haha.

zik,

potbelly

aint this a bitch!!! I was all set to order at exactly 10pm and now this!!! guess I have to dig a little deeper into my pockets ($180), oh no still coming up with lint! it's all good Tom it's understandable. i guess i will have to wait again till vapenow updates the site instead of saying "sold out". congrats Tom and lots of success to you and Pammy.

potbelly,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Wow you bumped the price up, that's kind of a bummer 150 was a good price point. Where in Oregon are you guys? How much if I come pick it up?

bluntfaced,
Top Bottom