Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

duh

Yes, thanks for the correction on the woods. We do want to save the planet. At this point, though, I'll settle for a beer cozy around the thing! :lol:

duh,

rukus13

If you just have to place an order now don't forget about vapenow.com. Thats where I got mine and didn't have any problems. They are out of stock there as well and your still gonna wait a while but at least you know you got one coming. In the end your still supporting the kind PD folks. Anyhow might be an alternative for those who don't want to wait for the site to come back up. Thinking about getting me a second one in case anything ever happens to mine. It hasn't been unplugged since I got it ha.

rukus13,

jklasd

i got an update from pam regarding an email i sent. i ask about my order, nicely of course, and just wanted an update. i sent it out about 2 days before her last post in this thread. i order my pd march 17th. she said it should be out around the middle of next week. so for anyone who ordered around that time, ITS ALMOST HERE :lol:.

jklasd,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Glad to hear those PD's are flying out the lathe and finding new homes! Such a big family now... it's crazy. The other day I was page ~20 when I got my unit months ago and just got me nostalgic. :lol:

I was thinking about the Purple-Days and asked myself 'is this the most international vaporizer?' I mean we have people from every corner of the world here telling us how much they love their unit.... From Brazil to New Zealand, from AMERICA to France, Canada to the Sahara..... It speaks volumes for this unit, and is truly a testimony for it's versatility and top-notch customer support.

'There isn't a day on Earth that isn't a ;pd;' :D

SpiralArchitect,

The_Algebraist

In case you're itching to put in an order. It appears as if new orders will be taken sometime in mid to end of april.

The_Algebraist,

jklasd

SA, you are aware alaska is part of the states right? :lol: just messing around. cant wait for mine. gonna be a greatttttt day haha :D

jklasd,

lwien

jklasd said:
SA, you are aware alaska is part of the states right?
But..........but.........but it's the only state where you can see Russia, right?

lwien,

jklasd

hahaha, what that gotta do with it :p
SA: just saying, the rest were countries, then you name a state :p haha. now your gonna forget hawaii? :lol:

jklasd,

lwien

Hawaii is a state? Shit, all this time, I thought it was a tropical amusement park owned by Japan.:cool:

lwien,

jklasd

lwien said:
Hawaii is a state? Shit, all this time, I thought it was a tropical amusement park owned by Japan.:cool:
if i didn't know better, then id probably believe that :lol:

jklasd,

lwien

Ok, back to PD's.

I know that many of you leave your PD's on 24/7 and some of you have them hooked up to timers. Regarding long term reliability, which do you think is a better route to go, or do you think that it doesn't make a difference.

lwien,

Jedu

I find when i leave mine plugged in and used 4-7 times a day the performance just peaks, almost like its "broken in" as far as the perfect temp...

Jedu,

prk

I doubt it makes a difference, lwien. I've only ever left mine always plugged-in, never used a timer, and it seems to be fine. Now, I'm by far not the most long-term PD owner, but given that Tom and Pam intended for it to be used in either configuration, I'd assume either one is fine. I think I'd agree with Jedu though that it seems like it's just about always at the perfect temp after being used a few times, as well.

Toke it easy,

:peace:

prk,

Purple-Days

Back from the void. :D

Update from PD land.

With a high gain antenna I am getting 1 bar of reception on a neighbors Wi-Fi. Not much but enough to get some e-mails out and put in an update here. Lines are drawn on the ground and utilities located for the trench that will give us a phone line and DSL again. Maybe Tuesday for the trench and then gotta get Verizon out to connect us.

Yes the lathe part got here on a Tuesday and it was up and running that evening. (Pammy got her days mixed up... easy to do).

I am still catching up, and the last of our orders will ship this week.

We have moved. About 100 feet. But distance doesn't matter, any move is a big one. And this was a sudden move, no planning. A very nice new mobile home that has been sitting empty and for sale for 2 years was put up for rent. It was a now or never opportunity... so in addition to trying to catch up we have been moving and cleaning etc.

Lots more room for us, even a loft and a deck. And plenty of room for the new workshop. Still 8' x 12', and still un- built... When the last of the orders are filled in the next few days, then work on the shop can begin.

The shop should go up in a week.

When will we take new orders? Not sure. But things are going to be a bit different. I cannot supply unlimited demand. It's just me and Pammy. And 16 hour days, 7 days a week is not so much fun. Burn out is imminent. So the pace will be slowed, and fun will return. I've always said if it isn't fun I'll stop doing it. It's not the usual business model. :cool:

I don't believe in 'back-orders', if I don't have it, I don't sell it. I don't want long lead times either. 2-3 weeks wait is as long as I am willing to accept. Forget about waiting lists, I could give several reasons, not an option. (a note to any who have requested to be placed on such a list: sorry, no.)

PDs take 4+ hours per kit to build. Longer if you count paperwork and e-mails and Post office runs and all the other unseen work. We can only build so many a month.

The solution (we are open to suggestions): PDs will go on sale on the Purple-Days.com website on the 1st and 15th of each month. 7PM Pacific Time 10pm Eastern. When we sell the available units for that period we will stop sales till the next 2 week period. If they sell out in one day, or 12, doesn't matter, there is a cut off. X units in any 2 week period. I will not be swamped again, it's no fun for us or our customers.

These have always been limited availabilty vaporizers. No factory, no warehouse, no staff of employees (no ambition?). It's just us, and we need a little bit of a life if we are going to keep this going. I really do enjoy doing this, and hearing from all the folks who we deal with makes it even more rewarding for us both. Thanks to everyone for your support and kind words and patience. :)

Cheers,
Tom

ps. People use timers to save a little energy while they aren't at home or are asleep. But the unit is intended to run 24/7. Our personal units never shut down.

pps. the Buzz-Butter is good for the wood and the leather, but any nice plant oils will work after you run out of the B-B. Olive oil, peanut oil, even canola. Side note on Buzz, I was turning a piece of walnut outdoors yesterday, and fine sanded it, opened my tub of Buzz :buzz: and was putting it on the spinning piece when I looked down at a honey bee hovering near my chest between me and the lathe. I've never used the stuff outdoors before and this was just a neat thing I thought I would pass along.

Purple-Days,

The_Algebraist

Thanks for the info. Does that mean you will be implementing the new order system on the 15th of April?

The_Algebraist,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
:D I am glad that you are taking the steps to ensure that you continue to enjoy what you are doing Tom and Pam, success doesnt mean much if your unhappy.

Survivalism,

Purple-Days

Yes, the plan is to be done with the shop by then and ready to go, but weather may hold the shop plans up, you never know. All materials are here or a few blocks away... It's a beautiful day to build today but I have a few orders to fill first.

Yes, to happiness first. Money is an illusion. :2c:

:peace: back to work...

Purple-Days,

jklasd

Tom, you and your wife are great people. i have no problem waiting 3-4 weeks for my vape with the updates you guys give. thanks for including all of us in your PD family. hopefully this new system will allow much more fun for you and Pam. we all need a little fun ;):lol:

jklasd,

max

Out to lunch
Tom started to 'get the word out' on the PD about a year ago. His 1st post here was about mid May of '08. It's nice to see the PD co. in a situation where it can't meet demand such a short time later. Not nice for those who are impatient to become PD owners, but you have to look at this vape as a functional work of art that can't be produced on an assembly line.

We should all salute Tom and Pammy for deciding to produce the PD at a manageable level, instead of compromising build quality by using 'workers' instead of artists. Very few people would take the high road like they're doing, and it's a testament to their integrity. "It's not the usual business model" indeed.

:bowdown:

Purple-Days said:
we are open to suggestions
If anyone wants to put in their :2c:, please do so via info@purple-days.com. In view of their new policy, we will be cracking down here on posts asking about availability, and especially questions about individual orders. This thread is approaching 100 pages.

max,
Top Bottom