Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

stickstones

Vapor concierge
hereatlast may get best and worst of glass! Best for that sweet collection and worst for the 2-liter :lol:

madcap, is there a best in 'ass' category?

stickstones,

Irie

Chant Down Babylon
:peace:
Nice pics everyone!
hereatlast, would love a session or many with your kit. great options!

paintpd2.jpg

Irie,

Nycdeisel

It seems like the plastic bottle has ABV in it and is used to empty it neatly.
Loved the picture Hereatlast! no words for me to describe how much I love it!

Nycdeisel,

placetime

contest pic for today.
PDcontest49_mosaic2.jpg

much higher resolution (and not contest-ready) version, if anyone wants to see more detail:
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l529/placetime/PDcontestSummer2011/PDcontest49_mosaic1.jpg

nearly all of the pics (possibly all) came from this contest, possibly with a few from the PD website and/or other pics from the PD thread. kind of a "where's my PD pic" sort of thing. there shouldn't be more than 3 copies of any pic in there, and I think that most of the contest entries should be in there (haven't actually checked though ;)).

i hope tom doesn't mind i used his avatar :cool:

(edited to fix hi-res link)

placetime,

lwien

The amount of creativity shown in this thread is pretty fucking amazing. What a great place this is, eh?

lwien,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
Very cool placetime. How did you do it? If you don't mind me asking. Seems like a lot of tedious work to do manually. Props if you did.
I cannot believe that the contest ends tomorrow. Flew right by, as did the summer. :(

Ripbongs420,

pngwyn

Does the PD pose as a fire hazard whatsoever? I know it's recommended to leave it on, but if it's knocked over or broken while plugged in is there a chance it could start a fire?

I have a few pets that like to get rowdy sometimes is why I am asking.

pngwyn,

Aqua

Placetime, what wonderful way to end the contest! I'm sure Tom will love it, regardless of any avatar theft :lol:

Pngwyn, from what I remember the Purple Days is not a fire hazard in any way. I recall this being discussed WAY back in the thread, maybe try a search?

Final contest pic!

IMG_3101.jpg

Aqua,

pngwyn

Aqua said:
I recall this being discussed WAY back in the thread, maybe try a search?

I did try a search that returned no related results, so I figured I would ask instead of go through the past 374 pages. :D

I am wondering if anyone would recommend the PD to a Volcano owner for solo use? Is it really noticeably efficient in comparison? I have a lot of doubts about it, but I would love to hear what you guys have to say. I feel like if you vape the same amount of bud to brown it would all be the same efficiency because the THC vapor that can be output by the bud should be the same regardless of what vaporizer, but that's just my theory :p

I have read you can use 0.025g and being able to get 4-5 hits out of it using a PD. I might argue that you would be able to get the same amount of vapor (maybe not in the same density) with a Volcano using the same amount of MJ (just based off theory), but perhaps even more because you can turn the temperature past a fixed range that the PD runs at. Am I mistaken?

I have heard that the PD can run 2x more efficient than a Volcano, essentially halving the cost of any bud that I purchase or doubling the lifespan. If this is even close to true, I think the PD might very well be a good investment for me, but I am having trouble wrapping my head around the logic behind how it's possible.

pngwyn,

placetime

pngwyn said:
Aqua said:
I recall this being discussed WAY back in the thread, maybe try a search?

I did try a search that returned no related results, so I figured I would ask instead of go through the past 374 pages. :D

Only thing I remember coming across is one incident where someone left one on a pillow overnight or something, but there was no fire (although I've seen multiple references to the same one post about it)--but I haven't read all pages in all of the log vape threads. Maybe try searching for "pillow"? As far as I know, there have been no reports of fires caused by log vapes.

placetime,

Irie

Chant Down Babylon
Again! Love all the entries.
Thanks for providing a great place for folks creative outlets to shine Tom. Excellent Cowntest!

Unfortunately, final entry....

edited due to improper use of image....sorry!

Irie,

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
madcap, is there a best in 'ass' category?

If there is I have the advantage I think.... :lol:

Awesome picks throughout everyone. I'll be putting my final up later!

Have a great labor day everyone! :)

Madcap79,

Purple-Days

Happy Labor Day all ! Just getting light enough to put out my flag.

Yes, the creativity of the PD Family is outstanding. This was such a fun event :party: , that we will have to do this again next year. Of course, we will be having other contests. Including another 'creative arts' contest ;) , stay tuned. And the annual Holiday post card contest. We love to give back to the PD family. Many thanks to all who participated.

Purple-Days,

prawnmatic

Hey guys, its a little late in the night but a review has been a little while coming so far...
A little history:
I've been using vapes for about 5 years - got into it for health reasons and have never looked back. My first Vaporizer was a Super Vapezilla which has served me very well for 4 years or so. I've also spent some time with Volcano vaporizers which I liked very much!
Recently my Super Vapezilla died... The blue LED started failing a year or so ago and then one day about 3 weeks ago there was no response from the heating element. I contacted Wicked Roots and was told there'd be a $150 repair fee, plus postage without them having looked at the unit. I decided to open the unit myself to see if there was a dry joint that needed re-soldering but no such luck... Opening the unit voids the lifetime labour warranty so my repair bill would have been even higher.
After a brief amount of googling I came across this thread and was instantly curious about the PD vaporizer. My wife was keen for me to get a Volcano after some fun times in 420 Cafe but the price was a bit too much for me.

I didn't mention it before but we're in Australia, so the Purple Days website directed me to a special product page for the "Pandora Kit" - I haven't read all 300+ pages of this thread but I'm assuming some fellow Aussies or Kiwis had some troubles with customs or power supplies or something...

Regardless, this seemed like the vaporizer for me.... well, us if I include my wife (I usually do!).

First of all to echo the sentiments of this thread, Pam and Tom have been an absolute pleasure to deal with the entire way through. After my initial query regarding wood types right the way through to construction of the unit it has always felt as if they are just an email away to answer any questions I might have. The gemstone, buzz butter, bags, cleaning bottle, car adapter and copper diffuser that were included were all a happy bonus. :)
I was quoted 4-6 weeks delivery of my Black Walnut kit but it arrived in 2 much to my delight so that I could begin construction.
The construction process was simple and rewarding and the instructions and materials that are provided are more than adequate: think videos detailing the construction process and many spare parts in case you manage to muff it all up - I feel a closeness to my new device that I wouldn't otherwise have, had I not constructed the Heat Exchanger, soldered the wires, sanded & finished the wood, etc... but honestly, the only woodworking experience I have is from High School and there was no part of the construction that had me worried.

As for the vapes, well there's definitely a learning curve coming from the whip based Super Vapezilla. Its taken a little bit of convincing to get the wife on board but we're both converts now - the economy of the smaller bowl, the silent operation and the low power draw are huge bonuses for us. After putting the unit through its paces over the weekend (before gluing the bottom, sanding the edges and finishing the wood!) I can safely say that this unit delivers in every way that it should! I've also today ground up about 1cm of an incense stick into the copper aromatherapy diffuser and had the whole house smelling of lavender all day - a stroke of genius to include this!

After a weekend of using the Pandora in its incomplete form, today was finally spent sanding down the wood and leather and applying the finish - My attachment to this little unit had me out the back sanding it down for a good hour or so to try and get the scratches I managed to put into the wood during construction (was a little pissed off and impatient during construction... a clear head and a patient attitude are recommended!) just because I wanted it to look as good as it deserved to - truly a work of art!

Pictures are to follow (I fear they might get lost in amongst the picture competitions!) but this is a work in progress, as wifey has really taken to adding coat after coat of buzz butter and, to use her words, "buffing the shit out of it." :lol:

As many thumbs up as possible for this vaporizer! Two very happy campers here in Australia! :cool:

prawnmatic,

Purple-Days

Thanks, Prawnmatic and welcome to the forum.

For a year we sold Pandora kits all over the world. Asia, Pacific, Africa, South America, Europe and North America. Never a problem with Customs, though the Aussies opened one package that we know of. :D

Pandora Kits were nice for folks (outside North America) who could not get our normal warranty (due to high International shipping costs). After a year, we stopped selling Pandora Kits, to concentrate on our standard North American sales model. Some folks who live outside North America, such as Prawnmatic, have continued to ask for the kit (no problems) . On a very limited basis, to UK, Australia, New Zealand and a few friends in other parts of the world, we have sold the Black Walnut Pandora Kits. Postage is expensive, the buyer must supply his own power supply, the build quality is entirely the builders responsibility. etc...

Sorry, in order to limit sales of the Pandora Kit, and make life easy on the P-D Shipping Department (Pammy), we will not consider Pandora Kit sales to other areas, including North America. We will continue to concentrate on our standard model sales in North America, and occasionally make a Pandora sale (only) to those areas listed. We do not want the Pandora Kit to interfere, therefore we are limiting the sales to a restricted area. :cool:

Glad you are happy, Prawnmatic. :)

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

4 hours... read the rules and enter...

Old Fart you have posted some of the most intriguing photos. Do you have a Raven? Over your doorway? :cool:

Purple-Days,

djonkoman

thought yesterday that that would be the last, but I made multiple pics and chose the one I liked best
now here the one I liked secondbest
10sci2g.jpg

djonkoman,

hereatlast

Great pics everyone. This was a really fun contest, sad to see it end.

Thanks for all the compliments on the last photo...was away for the holiday weekend and was glad to have uploaded that before I left. That 'group shot' was from the same day that a friend stopped by, the resulting ensemble (a few extra toys than usual) made for a fun afternoon. :cool:

My final entry was the girl's idea (early in the summer...I've got a couple more things to cross off the checklist too :lol:)...let's call it "His and Hers."
FinalPDs020.jpg

hereatlast,
Top Bottom