Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

djonkoman

last pic, one from my vacation to rome, chose this one because I think it portaits rome very well, an archeological dig in the middle of the city with streets around it
fuujd1.jpg

djonkoman,

Purple-Days

Looks like the Panda is the last eligible entry.

Now, I have to gather all the pics and check for size. Might get that done this morning, but, we have to take Pammy's friend to the airport so today is going t be busy. I hope to have a folder of pics ready for Pammy to judge tomorrow. With 500 entries, this may take her some time. My job will be fairly easy. Set up camera, assign random numbers, shuffle the deck a few times and the lowest number wins...

I better start gathering pictures. ;) Good luck to all ! :tup:

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

Officially: 525 qualifying entries , 29 DQs (for size) , 1 duplicate ...

The 525 move on to the Grand Prize drawing and judging for category winners.

Purple-Days,

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Ripbongs420 said:
Looking good Madcap. The little one I posted near the beginning of the thread turned out to be a male. :/ And an aggressive one at that. It turned out to be a 3-3 1/2' plant with pollen pods everywhere. I hope no one else had female plants anywhere near. :p Indoors I presume?

Unfortunately, this is an old pic from the beginning of the year. Had three little ones and they all perished. I was helping out a friend. I don't have the opportunity to grow again. :/ I wish I did because I would really like to have a successful grow. Maybe in the future......

Madcap79,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
Madcap79 said:
Unfortunately, this is an old pic from the beginning of the year. Had three little ones and they all perished. I was helping out a friend. I don't have the opportunity to grow again. :/ I wish I did because I would really like to have a successful grow. Maybe in the future......

Ah gotcha' :( . Looked very healthy, I wonder what stopped them. Don't say their is no opportunity, it is never too late to start a seed, indoors can be surprisingly inexpensive. Unless the Mrs. has an issue, then that is understandable. I have to say though, there is nothing like enjoying the fruits of your own labor. :2c: So much fun too. At least for the experimenter in me. :science:

Ripbongs420,

Madcap79

Ripbongs420 said:
Madcap79 said:

Ah gotcha' :( . Looked very healthy, I wonder what stopped them. Don't say their is no opportunity, it is never too late to start a seed, indoors can be surprisingly inexpensive. Unless the Mrs. has an issue, then that is understandable. I have to say though, there is nothing like enjoying the fruits of your own labor. :2c: So much fun too. At least for the experimenter in me. :science:

Yes the Mrs. does have an issue but I'm working on her. :lol:

I would LOVE to enjoy my own harvest. I would prefer to do indoors anyway.....Much more control. IMHO.

Madcap79,

djonkoman

indeed more control, but also more need for control
outdoor you can get away with some slacking off and being a stoner that isn't too fond on shedules(IMO), indoor you have to keep track of shedules and numbers like pH, EC etc more(altough I never grew indoor so not really any experience with it)

djonkoman,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
Madcap79 said:

I would LOVE to enjoy my own harvest. I would prefer to do indoors anyway.....Much more control. IMHO.

I understand that. It is a risk for you both. Maybe someday she will find the risk worth the reward. ;) Indoors and out both have there advantages and disadvantages, but I'm more an indoor guy too. I just love watching the little guy get bigger day to day. A stupid thing to do outside unless you have a really good spot. :) :peace:

Getting a little side tracked, but hey I see it as we're just killing time while we wait. :p

Ripbongs420,

Madcap79

I would do indoor just so I could have a constant rotation. Prolly one plant in veg and one in flower. It is nerve racking with the pH and other variables. The toughest thing for me, in the area I live, was to find a decent soil that didn't have nutrients already in them.... :rolleyes:

Also, the Mrs. doesn't partake so I don't have that leverage..... :p

Madcap79,

djonkoman

Ripbongs420 said:
Madcap79 said:

I understand that. It is a risk for you both. Maybe someday she will find the risk worth the reward. ;) Indoors and out both have there advantages and disadvantages, but I'm more an indoor guy too. I just love watching the little guy get bigger day to day. A stupid thing to do outside unless you have a really good spot. :) :peace:

Getting a little side tracked, but hey I see it as we're just killing time while we wait. :p

I grow in my backyard so the daily walk to look at them is also common for me :p
but that's because with up to 5 plants police can confiscate them, but you can't be prosecuted here(altough recently this is changing, now it only aplies to outdoor, if you have more then 2 things from a list it's considered professional and not for personal use, and woth a tent and lamps you already have 2 points from the list)

djonkoman,

Nycdeisel

Just wanted to give a little update on how im doing with my PD, I havent posted in this thread in a while it has been so busy with the contest and all my few posts were quickly buried

I tried loading my stem a little differently then I normally do it, normal way for me would be straw method and then pushing the last tiny bit in and twisting firmly.
Instead I just sucked it up, didnt leave any excess sticking out of the tip, and sucked hard and tapped my finger on the opening of the tip a few time. Simultaneously sucking and tapping it required no more 'packing' down of the material(which you shouldnt do, but some people put some pressure to secure the end) like the normal way did.

It was loaded looser then my normal way and it was MUCH easier to get good hits!

:wave:

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
female vaporist - I'm presuming your vaping without a bong at present. With the bong I like it as loose as possible and it's OK if material is sticking out.
Will definitely check out this approach...

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

no bong or attachments this time around.

PD is getting ready to take flight! ;)

let me know how that works for you!

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:
no bong or attachments this time around.

PD is getting ready to take flight! ;)

let me know how that works for you!

hope you find your glass and everything else is intact - fingers crossed for you....

jeffp,

Madcap79

NYC, believe it or not I have been using the same method and it works well for me too. Much easier to pull imho. Sometimes I don't even pack it full. Definitely a good method.

Madcap79,

djonkoman

my method is also similar, sometimes I push it in a little but often I just remove all excess

btw, have any of youalso noticed the 'crackle'? often with the first hit I hear a crackling sound, also with the first hit the stemcontents shrink to 2/3 or 4/5 or , so even if there is a little sticking out that's resolved after the first hit

djonkoman,

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
Nycdeisel said:
Just wanted to give a little update on how im doing with my PD, I havent posted in this thread in a while it has been so busy with the contest and all my few posts were quickly buried

I tried loading my stem a little differently then I normally do it, normal way for me would be straw method and then pushing the last tiny bit in and twisting firmly.
Instead I just sucked it up, didnt leave any excess sticking out of the tip, and sucked hard and tapped my finger on the opening of the tip a few time. Simultaneously sucking and tapping it required no more 'packing' down of the material(which you shouldnt do, but some people put some pressure to secure the end) like the normal way did.

It was loaded looser then my normal way and it was MUCH easier to get good hits!

:wave:

I use this method also, works great for me :p :peace:

tonuzzi,

Purple-Days

Here is the Grand Prize drawing. :cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyo9NL5Gzbk
Congratulations to the winner (not sure who it is). Thanks again to all who entered, and stay tuned for Pammy's picks for category winners.
If this is your picture... use the e-mail link under my Avatar to contact us through this forum.

Purple-Days,

Nycdeisel

Good to know madcap, this method works much better! why didnt i catch onto this sooner? hahaha

Thanks for the kind wishes jeff, i just arrived back home and everything is fine. No damage to anything at all(besides some moldy herb)

got my new SSSZap here! it looks very pretty next to my PD too ;)

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom