Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Glairige

wsDcN.jpg

the trio.

Glairige,

Glairige

SirElton said:
I've been enjoying a Myrtlezap and now I'd like to give Purple Days a go. I was looking at cherry since it runs a bit warmer and looks nice. However, the Fiddle-back Maple looks absolutely gorgeous. Is there any word on how well Maple performs? I don't think I can pass up on an opportunity to get a vape made out of that beautiful grain unless it has some serious flaws.

The maple runs absolutely fantastic. Both the gripper model and the classic.

Glairige,

SirElton

Glairige said:
SirElton said:
I've been enjoying a Myrtlezap and now I'd like to give Purple Days a go. I was looking at cherry since it runs a bit warmer and looks nice. However, the Fiddle-back Maple looks absolutely gorgeous. Is there any word on how well Maple performs? I don't think I can pass up on an opportunity to get a vape made out of that beautiful grain unless it has some serious flaws.

The maple runs absolutely fantastic. Both the gripper model and the classic.

Wonderful. I almost have to get one now. Is it like a special thing they are doing? I'd like to pick up a few things before I buy another log vape. However, I wouldn't be hesitant if time were of the essence because I'd hate to miss out :)

SirElton,

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
SirElton said:
I've been enjoying a Myrtlezap and now I'd like to give Purple Days a go. I was looking at cherry since it runs a bit warmer and looks nice.

I love my Cherry wood PD, it looks and works great. I just ordered another PD but in Murtle wood. Cant wait to get her! :peace:

tonuzzi,

Purple-Days

The story behind the Gripper model:

Back in 2005 I used a piece of Myrtle that was a bit too fat and not so easy for Pammy to grip so I used Dremmel tool to gouge out a finger recess... I've turned a few like this for folks with grip issues.

Available only in Fiddle-back Maple. It's a $10 up-charge over the base model, a little extra work on the lathe and a bit extra effort to finish... http://purple-days.com/Fiddleback.html

Purple-Days,

placetime

Does the Gripper shape change the temp? Maybe makes it just a bit higher than the standard cylinder shape?

here's my contest pic for today:
PDcontest26_cowbella.jpg

placetime,

SirElton

I'm debating getting the gripper. If it doesn't change the temp, I'll consider it. It'll be hard to disrupt that beautiful grain though.

SirElton,

Glairige

SirElton said:
I'm debating getting the gripper. If it doesn't change the temp, I'll consider it. It'll be hard to disrupt that beautiful grain though.
On my gripper model, the grip actually runs with the grain. Makes for a very interesting effect in the light. The flash really doesn't do the grain on the fiddleback maple justice.

Glairige,

darth vape

I was wondering the other day about ways that the PD could be improved and the only thing I could come up with would be the addition of a USB port so that I can use it without having to be at an outlet, but instead powering the PD off of my laptop. I love the fact that it is pretty portable considering the included car adapter (which IMO is an included item that is often overlooked), but adding a usb port would only add to portability of the PD, especially for busy college kids like myself who are often on their laptops at the strangest locations for hours at a time and wish they had their PD on them.

I don't know, just a thought. As a matter of fact I'm typing this post-Purple Days-ing.

What do you guys think?

darth vape,

This today's entry for the contest! Also, my first entry!

Just as a little intro I have been a long time lurker of these forums and now a owner of a wonderful Purple Days unit. The unit in the image is the fiddleback maple with the gripper grooves cut into it. (Has been buttered twice thus far) It just arrived today but I have been putting it though the paces rest assured. Here you can see it in its aromatherapy position on top of my computer.

Enigmatic_Entropy,

alexwallis

Hi,
I am wondering, if I could get some tips how to get kif from the compartment on my spacecase into my PD.
To load the PD normally I am using the straw method, but I have tried this in the kif compartment, and I really can't tell if I got any or not.
Of course its way to fine to pick up with your fingers, so any thoughts would be really welcome.

alexwallis,

lwien

When I used to separate my kief, I used to use a small metal nail file (the wide end that you hold in your hand). It was thin enough to pick up the kief from the SpaceCase.

lwien,

placetime

darth vape said:
I was wondering the other day about ways that the PD could be improved and the only thing I could come up with would be the addition of a USB port
I believe that USB is only 5V. Adding a USB port would greatly increase the complexity (and therefore probably the durability/longevity) of the PD. :2c:

placetime,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
placetime said:
darth vape said:
I was wondering the other day about ways that the PD could be improved and the only thing I could come up with would be the addition of a USB port
I believe that USB is only 5V. Adding a USB port would greatly increase the complexity (and therefore probably the durability/longevity) of the PD. :2c:

It has been brought up before, I think the conclusion is it would be hard, but not impossible. I guess that there are plugs that have 2 USB ports merging to one to create a higher voltage. I think it's worth looking into. :2c:

Ripbongs420,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Ripbongs420 said:
YES Jeff's back! :lol: :D
I believe you said your daughter was staying with you? How was that? I'm sure it was nice :) . We missed your hilarious pics.

Thanks.. it was overall a really good time for me and a rewarding experience for her. A few bumps on the road but she's 13 and it's to be expected. Back to this photo nonsense and heavy vaping...

jeffp,

Purple-Days

I'll consider one of those an entry... ;) BTW ( for others), that is not a standard PD issue aroma cup... just saying... we use a 1/2" copper fitting, less restriction of airflow... the larger cup (shown) will work fine...

+++

Anybody notice 'brass screens' in the pic? Post #8966 .

And WTF is NYC ? makes you feel like what???

:lol:

Great pics always, Jeff. ;,

+++

Yes, USB power was mentioned earlier.

USB is 5 Volts double it = 10 Volts too low, triple it = 15 Volts too high, modify it and you are into a whole new level of complications and need an appropriate jack, and cord and . . . Not the Purple-Days style. And another thought... everybody complains about laptop battery life, how would another high drain device be suitable??? Just asking... :2c:

Purple-Days,

cisco

The aroma cup in the cherry PD is a 3/4" pipe plug that I picked up at Lowes for about $5 (!!!). It has a nice flat bottom and minimizes the risk of accidentally getting some essential oil in the PD.

cisco,
Top Bottom