Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
Thanks Tonuzzi! I thought it looked a little postcardy lol. Here's today's pic:
DSCF0421.JPG

In downtown Cleveland, there's a stretch of road (actually two levels of roads) where the city has planted beautiful gardens separated by nation of origin. There's about 30 plots harboring flowers from around the world. Since I work downtown, I've been bringing my PD with me so I can take photos next to these flowers, BUT THERE'S NOWHERE TO PARK! How insane is that? The gov't has probably spent millions of dollars to create these beautiful international gardens, which can only be seen while cruising past them at 40mph! I circled around the entire area three times looking for a spot to park... nothing. Oh well, gonna walk there tomorrow to get these shots. I'll be damned if my PD doesn't get a shot next to some Azerbaijan flowers! :p
---------------------------EDIT---------------------------
Amazing what a little research can do, eh? :rolleyes:
It's called the Cleveland Cultural Gardens, and the website recommends parking on the side of a very busy road (haha no way), in other business's parking lots (I'm not a big fan of getting towed), or in a neighboring park's parking lot (which is about a half mile from the gardens). I would park there... but it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow :( Oh well guess I'll have to go another day.

MajorDoobage,

Nycdeisel

Damn, you all are so inspiring with your pictures! It makes me just want to respond and post cute PD pics(not to be entered though!

Nycdeisel,

Purple-Days

shvetaketu42, I guess . . . West of the Mississippi River. I don't know who you are, or where you live, but I think I know that mountain range, from that side (the western side), maybe not. I won't tell here. Nope looked again, but it's pretty... ;) So many creative photos, thanks folks. It will be a pleasure to make prizes. :cool:

Reminder, I am not the judge, random drawing for Grand Prize (on camera) and Pammy picks other categories,.

Hey, I'm not gonna check every entry against the last entry, for 24:00 accuracy. C'mon, if he hadn't pointed out the time would anybody have noticed? Let's let his honor ride over 5 minutes... this time . ;) :cool: See a violator who is trying to get by, let us know... Its not exactly like walking into church during the sermon. :lol: Ain't them doors loud?

Been there?

+++

NYCD why not enter? Nothing is rigged. You might even get a consolation prize?

Old Joke Warning:
A man gets on his knees every night and prays to win the BIG Lottery... :D

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:
Damn, you all are so inspiring with your pictures! It makes me just want to respond and post cute PD pics(not to be entered though!

You make great videos - you should definitely enter some pics for the fun of it.
Had fun with my daughter these past two weeks. Dallas BBQ in the Village tonight with her and Monday it's back to the grind; finding more crazy grocers for PD pics...

jeffp,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
Haha this is something I threw together real quick. I'll try and make my future submissions more thoughtful. This rainy weather has put a damper on my summery shots :/
FC.jpg

MajorDoobage,

placetime

"The Wild Party?... It's the book that made me want to be a writer." --William Burroughs

contest pic for today:
pdcontest13.jpg

placetime,

placetime

Purple-Days said:
Placetime, if Burroughs liked it I suppose I will have to read it.
I *highly* recommend it. It's one long poem, and it's a fairly quick read. But it's also worth multiple read-throughs, imho.

Personally, I think that the particular edition represented in that pic is nicely enhanced by the more modern Spiegelman artwork. It also has faux red-velvet inside the front and back covers, just to make it feel a little more plush (and naughty somehow?).

I've heard that a movie was made of The Wild Party some time in the 70's--I've never seen it, but I've heard that it's incredibly horribly cheesy and not worthy of the beauty that is the book.
:peace:

placetime,

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
And I love the wood grain of your PD. So unique. Gotta say I'm a little jealous. :cool:

Madcap79,
Top Bottom