Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

lwien

Yup. For the first hit, hold the PD angled down at a 45 degree angle, just like you would do if you were drinking a beer or soda out of a can. After the first hit, your bud will pretty much be glued to the inside of the bowl so you no longer have to do this with subsequent hits.

And you don't need any tools to tamp the bud down. Just suck it in and smooth it down with the tip of your finger.

lwien,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:
As for the bong, Im pretty sure jeff was going to recommend the straight tube from ssfg, the 10-12 inch one that I also have. I had one and he got one and many people have found it a good pair since in this thread!

Yes, this one -
http://ssfgglass.com/shop/shop/product/show/cid-105/name-12q-straight-tube/category_pathway-11

It's damn near perfect and I have to wonder what I would gain from a more expensive bong....
When I first got it I used it with whip vapes with an L shaped adapter and the hits are massive and it's fully effortless but I really never do that anymore since I got the hang of using it with the PD. It's just a slight shift in approach and you have it down...as you say it's in the suction.

jeffp,

Milk

Mike
Good post Nyc,

dy9jqx.jpg

Milk,

Nycdeisel

I think its because the shoe fits! :o

Thank you Milk! sure means something coming from you as well

Nycdeisel,

Nycdeisel

:cool: shit, your one cool mofo, jeffp. Got your PD out struttin' its stuff in the storefronts and everything

:tup:
:peace:

I take that back, you're not slick man, trying to edit your post :nope:

:D

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:
:cool: shit, your one cool mofo, jeffp. Got your PD out struttin' its stuff in the storefronts and everything

:tup:
:peace:

I take that back, you're not slick man, trying to edit your post :nope:

:D

I know... the first joke answer wasn't as good as the second.
*edit*
what, NYCD, you never edit your posts? :lol:
But you're still totally awesome... :rolleyes::peace:

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

yea, but I thought the first thing you posted was better ;)
:2c:

P.S: Im hearing the occasional firework now, you hearing this jeff?

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:
yea, but I thought the first thing you posted was better ;)
:2c:

P.S: Im hearing the occasional firework now, you hearing this jeff?

no i'm in queens... it's quiet here...
*edit*
you really thought the first joke was better?

jeffp,

Milk

Mike
:lol:

Now that's dialogue!

Lot's of fireworks on the 3rd, not many last night. It rained and stormed here in NC.

Milk,

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Pic of the Day

16947y0.jpg

I love the DSOTM piece. I'm quite jealous. The late great Syd Barrett. Shine on Syd. I was able to see Waters twice on two different tours and Gilmour on his On an Island tour. I feel VERY fortunate. Loving the Pink Floyd love :D

Madcap79,

hereatlast

Milk: beautiful photo above. My girl has been urging me to take a his and her photo of our PDs: one in my shoes the other in hers. The grain of the wood and texture and design of the shoe fit perfectly.

jeffp: pushing the limits. Maybe a new grouping? :lol:

Hope everyone had a good holiday...late night here last night, this will help:
P7040008.jpg

PS: dropped out of the contest for a week or so, time to get back in. Great pictures all around, not a huge Floyd fan but will have to show off the record collection soon as well. :cool:

hereatlast,

weedemon

enthusiast
that bong looks like a damn fine piece, and i'd grab it if i didn't already have a bong. i like the looks of the thickness of the glass and the GonG connection

weedemon,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
jeffp, PD getting some DD huh? Your PD sure is spoiled, going out shopping and such. :lol: Now I'm curious of what the first joke was, hmm. Lots of fireworks here upstate. Started a week ago and probably wont end for another one. Rednecks love there explosives. :lol: Can't say I don't have some stockpiled as well. Got to love the boonies. :p

Madcap, I cannot put into words how jealous I am of you right this instant. Wait for it :mad: :( :| :) :D I'm okay now, you one lucky sonna gun. :lol: I would love to hear about the performances, my mom went on and on when she saw Roger haha. She could go on about Pink Floyd forever. I wish I grew up in the 60's, I feel like I was never meant to be in this time. She actually lived in Woodstock, NY the time of the festival, though it was actually a few towns over. My uncle was so angry when my grandparents forbidden him to go to the most famous concert ever, though they felt bad afterward seeing what big of a deal it was. Cant stand todays music/culture. Anyhow very awesome album you got there, Syd was great. He changed Pink Floyd, and Psychedelic music forever. RIP you crazy Diamond.

Welcome back to the contest hereatlast! Cant wait to see more pics! :D

Ripbongs420,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions! I'll report back with my results after trying different techniques.

MajorDoobage,
Doobage, I always use my finger and push the bud gently in the stem after I use the straw method. Make sure not to press it in to hard though cause if you get it to tight it won't hit good IMO. I also don't like an underpacked stem, its just one them things you will get used to over time.

PanicFreak,

Nycdeisel

I believe Syd helped largely to found The Pink Floyd Sound, and I think the way it played out, even with his leaving the band, it all worked out, but didnt end so well for him. RIP :peace:

Im also super jealous madcap, though I also feel extremely fortunate to just having had seen Waters perform at MSG. for sure a great event in my life.

Nice madcap laughs album!

Nycdeisel,

Madcap79

I'm very fortunate to have been at the three concerts. Waters Wall was brilliant! Quite emotional imho. Saw Gilmour in Chicago. Echoes LIVE! 'Nuff said. :cool: I really like Syd's childlike songs. I don't mean that as a put down (childlike). Whimsical would be a good way to put it. Like frolicking in a field on a sunny day.

On another note......I am looking in to purchasing a perc bong and would appreciate any advice on where to look. Would like to stay under $100. Something good for the PD. :brow:

Madcap79,

Madcap79

I had not read this discussion. I definitely want a perc/diffuser. So Black Leaf is not a good product? What about Blaze? Thanks for the patients and advice.

Madcap79,
Top Bottom