Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

OldGuy

Purple-Days said:
....... The explanation was evaporative cooling, the escaping water vapor was cooling the air under the crust and it wasn't hot enough to bake properly.

Good analogy.

In the vapor tube bowl, the tiny, tiny areas of the ground material where water is still evaporating will remain at about 212 until any remaining water boils away. Then, the vaporization of the desired compounds from the completely dried material begins. That's the way I figure it, anyway.

OldGuy,

lwien

I know I've said this before but there may be some that missed it.

I used to dry out my herbs before vaping, but I no longer do that. The extra taste and smell is just too good to pass up and through the process of vaping, the herbs WILL dry out so I will be vaping dry herb by the 2nd to 3rd hit anyway.

I guess to each his own, but for me............no more drying.

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
lwien said:
I know I've said this before but there may be some that missed it.

I used to dry out my herbs before vaping, but I no longer do that. The extra taste and smell is just too good to pass up and through the process of vaping, the herbs WILL dry out so I will be vaping dry herb by the 2nd to 3rd hit anyway.

I guess to each his own, but for me............no more drying.

I have also noticed when using bud that hasn't been dried out completely I tend to use less herb. I think the reason for this is when it is dried out I can fit a tiny bit more into the stem than when it is slightly moist. If I don't let my stash dry out completely I can usually squeeze a day or two extra out of my stash.

DevoTheStrange,
Anyone know when/if Clear Dome will start selling glass stems for the PD again? Or if anyone else is making them? I emailed Clear Dome a couple times a couple/few weeks ago and never heard back.

Much thanks.

:peace:

Johnny Ravioli,

Wolface

I like dry herbs better mostly because they grind better in the Space case when dry. Sticky-icky material bungs it up, and almost glues it together making turning almost impossible, and clean-up a huge PITA!

Wolface,

LaunchBox420

Quinton
Thanks everyone for the replies, i never should have doubted the purple days in the first place im sure Tom's vape will be the best thing i ever bought and im just excited i guess :D

And ya i definetly want to get a water stem for my purple days!!!

LaunchBox420,

Rudy Rudiger

So my PD has developed a rattle. Ive tried to reset the clip using the wood piece and tapping with a screwdriver. Didn't help. Its a really light rattle, almost like there's a something loose inside. Any suggestions?

Rudy Rudiger,

Purple-Days

The heat exchanger is about 100 grams, that is what the clip holds in place. it doesn't make a 'light rattle' when loose. If the clip is firmly in place (since you have used the tool) the only thing that can make a 'light rattle' would be the two wires and that will not affect function.

Purple-Days,

Rastamook

A bit late, but I wanted to come on here to wish Tom, Pammy and all of the members of the PD using family a very happy new year. May all of your days be purple, and your bud be a nice post vaped brown. Keep it safe, and keep it real. Much love, folks.

Rastamook,

LaunchBox420

Quinton
Hey everyone I got my Walnut PD today!!!

Pammmy, and Tom...this is an amazing product thank you so much for everything!

Now first impressions. Was alot smaller than i had thought, which is not a bad thing. Love the look, and im going to use the buzz butter on my PD tommorow and my Launch Box. I love the vape, love how efficient it is, and how fast it is to vape. takes 5 seconds to load a bowl and your vapeing! My only concern and question to Tom is, why did you make the stem alot smaller then the heat exchanger where it fits in because it has a pretty obvious wabble to it. Do you do this for a specific reason? Overall i love it, like all the stuff it comes with and is going to be my everyday vaoe from now on!

Thanks to everyone who helped make the decision, glad i did! I am going to try to get some pictures up today or tommorow....Thanks again Tom and Pam! :D

LaunchBox420,

stinkmeaner

LaunchBox420 said:
My only concern and question to Tom is, why did you make the stem alot smaller then the heat exchanger where it fits in because it has a pretty obvious wabble to it. Do you do this for a specific reason?

This has been addressed dozens of times, if you search for the term "loose stem" you will see many people with the same concern. The fit of the Stem is not a defect and has no bearing on the actual function of the vaporizer, people have used these things for years without a problem so you are good to go.

I would assume the reason it is loose is just because of the tubing diameters available, it is probably the closest fit you can get.

stinkmeaner,

LaunchBox420

Quinton
ya i know it has been addressed before i was just wondering and couldnt find it recently so i thoguht i would ask :p i thought it was for airflow or somthing.

LaunchBox420,

Nycdeisel

I imagine it would also allow a bit of airflow making it easier to draw, the tube is already very constricted. Im glad that you like your PD, launchbox! And it only gets better over time, in a few weeks it will have warmed up a tad bit more and youll be loading stems like its nothin haha

Nycdeisel,

Nycdeisel

right size? all you need is a GonG tube with a 14mm fitting for the stem to go into.

check out the Etsy thread. Simpleglasstubes on Etsy has some cheap GonG pieces, check those out.

Nycdeisel,
Tom, thanks for the link to Clear Dome's thread. If anyone out there has a PD compatible glass stem they would like to sell shoot me an email.

Thanks.

:peace:

Johnny Ravioli,

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
It seems as though people on this thread as well as multiple other vape threads are lookng for ways to increase their vaping temperatures. I am looking for the opposite. I've had a walnut pd for a few months now and I actually preferred the temp of when I first got it. I know that there are certain breathing techniques which I have tried, but whenever I have my pd hooked up to my 250mL EHLE (which I almost always do) I find my herb left very dark brown which is not my preference for various reasons. Also, I use a 2 piece SC to finely grind my herb.

Deadhead101,

lwien

Deadhead101 said:
It seems as though people on this thread as well as multiple other vape threads are lookng for ways to increase their vaping temperatures. I am looking for the opposite. I've had a walnut pd for a few months now and I actually preferred the temp of when I first got it. I know that there are certain breathing techniques which I have tried, but whenever I have my pd hooked up to my 250mL EHLE (which I almost always do) I find my herb left very dark brown which is not my preference for various reasons. Also, I use a 2 piece SC to finely grind my herb.

Maybe a smaller volume bong, like a 100mL wouldn't cook your herb quite as much.

Tom, in this case, would it be advisable to use an AC adapter that had less voltage than 12v ?

lwien,

Nycdeisel

You say your unit has been on for a few months, wouldnt the temperature decrease if your turned it off and left it cold for a day or two?

Nycdeisel,

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
Nycdeisel said:
You say your unit has been on for a few months, wouldnt the temperature decrease if your turned it off and left it cold for a day or two?
But when I turn it back on it should theoretically return to the same temperature. The reason I mentioned me having it for at least a few months is because there is a break in period for the wood and the temperature raises several degrees before leveling off at a pretty much constant temperature.

On another note, I tried breathing much faster than usual with my EHLE and actually got a much larger hit and darker ABV. Must have something to do with the pressure perhaps.

Deadhead101,
Top Bottom