Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

vapormonkey

I use my amplifier for final dry down. Nothing like a big ass white Corelle plate on top of the amp. In winter, up in the Northland no drying is necessary.

vapormonkey,

Purple-Days

Once in a while the shop gets a good cleaning. A chance to show off the new workspace.
106m4js.jpg

Purple-Days,

Egzoset

Banned
That's a phone (center and left-most area of the picture)?

Euh...

It must be difficult to get close to its microphone...

:lol:

Egzoset,

Purple-Days

Yes it's a phone of sorts (now sans earphone and bells). Came out of the fourth floor servants quarters (low 6' ceiling) of an old Cincinnati complex. Compete gut and remodel of the complex (in an area that saw the worst of the riots in the 60's). A Grammy winner ended up living in one of the spots. Nice project. :cool:

Anyway this is more intercom than phone. It was headed for the dumpster (the salvage folks had already been through the place), instead it ended up coming home with me. A magnetic latch and it's a nice spot to keep some stuff. It always finds a spot in my shop.

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

Nope, that's some paisley leather, makes a nice work surface, and it's washable.

The granite slab is sitting back and right of that, under the red parts bins. I will drag it forward later today for one operation today. I don't use it much but just had to have it when I saw the flatness specs, almost unbelievably flat. Used as a true surface in machine shops or other critical applications. My application doesn't require a critically flat surface, but I would hate to scratch it up in everyday use.

That's an Internet radio with the blue light. I really enjoy it. I listen to stations all over the world. BBC news, Jefferson Public Radio (Oregon / Northern Cali), Blues Radio UK (!), a Blues/Jazz station from Normal, Il . . . there are even some comedy stations.

Purple-Days,

vapormonkey

Nice, clean and sturdy little shop. Looks like a lot of fun. I like the top shelving where you can hang things like your paper towels and can even add more light. Anymore, I tend to like an island station Tom. Where I can walk all the way around a project and work on it from all angles.

Your next gig should really be KIF boxes with stainless steel screens in a unit you can put in the freezer for best hash extraction. Freezer hash are trichomes collected in a frozen environment Tom.

vapormonkey,

Purple-Days

You weren't around when we sold, screens cut to fit a mason jar. 'Shakey Screens' . . . but, since we sell an Aromatherapy device and Tobacco vaporizer, well, keeping our site free of items that might be construed as 'drug paraphenalia' seems like a good idea. ;)

The upper shelves are tied into the trusses, of course and will support a few hundred pounds. The work bench only has one leg (left front corner), so it's wide open to wheel my chair around. The surface is 3/4" ply and it's all plenty sturdy of course. Some lower shelf space holds the chop saw and lathe, and there are a couple of shop vacs under there too. Parts and materials storage on the other side of the shop.

Gotta get back to it. Might take part of tomorrow off. Gonna cook a couple of ribeyes and corn on the cob. We rarely do Turkey / traditional for Thanksgiving. Happy holiday to all.

Purple-Days,

Beezleb

Very nice Tom. I imagine it is a real pleasure having such a work environment. It goes without saying, you have come a long way and you can say you did it your way :brow:

Beezleb,

vaporFTW

The wait is killing me!!! I ordered on 10-26 so Itll be here soon. I can't believe how many of these Tom churns out by himself, mujst be overwhelming at times, but won't deny that I'd love to be in the position he is in.

Anyway, can't wait til it arrives. Got the myrtle with bison hide. :cool:

vaporFTW,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
What's the best way to vape through a glass piece with PD? The stems do fit right into the 14mm gong joint, and that is working ok, but I don't really like holding the PD and holding my bubbler. Can tubing be used? If so, how? Anyone have pics?

Tstat,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
The shop setup looks awesome Tom!! Glad you're settled in nicely there!!

Hope you guys have a great holiday....enjoy those Ribeyes too :D

Lo,

alexwallis

indeed, happy holidays to one and all.

Tom, I hope you enjoyed those Ribeyes, when it comes to steaks, Ribeyes are my favourite for the Flavour. Nothing like a good Ribeye, a nice glass of wine, and a nice joint or two before bed.
Though the joint is being replaced with a PD session, once I get supplies sorted which should be next week all being well, all depends on the weather and the post.

alexwallis,

Nycdeisel

Tstat said:
What's the best way to vape through a glass piece with PD? The stems do fit right into the 14mm gong joint, and that is working ok, but I don't really like holding the PD and holding my bubbler. Can tubing be used? If so, how? Anyone have pics?

Yes, on PD's site there are CustomerPhotos http://www.purple-days.com/CustomerPhotos.html just scroll down and you will see the one with the tubing and the Roor.

Happy holidays everyone!! :D

Nycdeisel,

Purple-Days

Thanks for the comments on the shop everyone. :D

vaporFTW, orders through 10-31 should go out Monday 11-29. So we are right at 1 month +/- a day or two. Trying hard to get as many out before Christmas as possible.

BTW folks, if you haven't noticed, Clear Dome is back :party: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2363 and his stuff looks better than ever (if that's possible). He has a request in for more Purple-Days stainless steel tips, so expect some more of his fantastic glass pieces :o , made with the best materials, by a real artist. :cool:

Time to knock off for the day, get cleaned up and have at those steaks. Happy Thanksgiving !

ps. Don't forget to pick up a post card while you are out shopping.

Purple-Days,

vapormonkey

Have you seen those new "old city diffusers" Wow, looks like another take on the wood Eterra game. Have a look see...

Why, are you selling them? And why come here to promote it?

Oh, ya. I'm making so much money off of these things my future is so bright I gotta wears shades! LOL

Man up. It's not all about you all the time.

vapormonkey,

Purple-Days

Why, are you selling them? And why come here to promote it? It has it's own thread.

+++

BTW for all who wonder what vapormonkey is talking about, the OCD is a new and completely different animal. It wears a small wooden body, about the size of the PD or MyrtleZap, and is hand held, but is unlike any of the other so called 'log vapes' including the Purple-Days Diffuser.

It (the OCD) is a variable temperature, 110 Volt (up to 25 watt) heating element and goes, "From 0 to over 415 on full power", per manufacturer. Also according to the manufacturer, "I built these with the methodology of having them on only when in direct use for vaporizing." And a warm up time of "17-24 minutes to 392F"

Where all the other vaporizers, till now known as a 'log vape' type, are fixed temperature (380F +/- a few degrees F) and are intended for 24/7 operation (always ready) using 7.2 Watts with any 12 Volt power supply (wall transformer or car cord). They are just plain different.

A completely different design which may have advantages or drawbacks for any particular user. There is no best vape.

Best of luck to the OCD fellow, but vapormonkey can't tell apples from oranges and is clearly here to cause trouble. And continued till he was banned.

Purple-Days,

lwien

Purple-Days said:
Why, are you selling them? And why come here to promote it?

Either that, or just wanted to instigate conflict.

Vapormonkey, it would really be in good form if you deleted that post. From my perspective, other than the two reasons stated above, there is no purpose for it to exist here.

And regarding your statement of, "Man up. It's not all about you all the time.", the last time I looked, this is the PD thread, so yeah, in this thread, it is basically about him, and his vape.......... all the time.

lwien,

hereatlast

Wow very very nice clean shop Tom! I work construction for a horribly unorganized boss/foreman and I can't express how much time (his money though :lol: ) is lost in looking for tools, not to mention the danger in a crowded, cluttered work-place when cutting wood, doing plumbing and electric.

Very cool to see ClearDome is back! Can't wait to see what comes out of it.

Also I agree with the last comments, this is the PD thread; it would be great IMO as well if you delete that post vapormonkey.

hereatlast,

Purple-Days

Hereatlast, you jinxed me. Now where is that left handed monkey wrench? I just had it. :cool:
11llkpu.jpg

Just tried out an old jig with a new tool, makes cutting screens a lot more fun, and faster too. Best of all they are cut cleaner.

Of course like all the other stainless, screens get washed to remove and mfg. residues.
290yedz.jpg

Yesterday's laundry.

vvv I forgot to get a piece of Alder for myself (I kept some scraps for smoking salmon on the grill though). One did get out to a buddy in Brazil before we sold them out. One or two still in the works to ship, but otherwise all spoken for a week or two ago. No more Alder. Damn, and here I am listening to Blues from Normal, IL or Memphis, TN (not sure, edit: till I heard Elvis)) and starring at a Strat that hasn't seen much attention lately.

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom