Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

sethhobrin

Hey guys! Haven't been around here in awhile. Bought my PD prolly 2-3 years ago. Must be one of the first. Got it directly from Tom and Pammy :)

I am considering replacing it and handing down my current one. I checked vapenow.com and it appears they are not in stock. I went back a bunch of pages and see no updates to availability. Anyone in the know on when they will be available again on vapenow(that walnut one looks super!). Is there still a long waiting list?

sethhobrin,

stinkmeaner

sethhobrin....it seems they have been stocking them in batches, I looked on the site and it says they are due at the end of this month.

stinkmeaner,

rofly1

you can order a purple days pandora and put it together yourself with a lot more options of wood and leather wish i would have ordered mine years ago

rofly1,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
I think Tom is like Johnny Appleseed!

and I know that sentiment should be applied to all the log vap guys over the years, but I see the PD experience on this board as being a unique and kind of big thing

helping to bring so many people healthier ways, and his tireless hours on the board

I'm sure Johnny Appleseed weren't no saint, like in the Disney movie, not saying that - just pointing out a similarity in purpose & effect.

Just wanted to pay a public compliment, Tom. You've helped by answering technical questions I sent from way out in left field, and thanks for those responses also.

Thanks!

VWFringe,

wolf torn

Had my PD for a month now

sold my EQ

LOOVING the PD

I'm all set now with my PD and SSFG travel beaker

wolf torn,

Purple-Days

HI all, back from the void... :cool:

The move to Arizona went well, we took the back roads, enjoyed the scenery. :)

For those that don't know we have recently moved from Port Orford, Oregon to Phoenix, Arizona. There were lots of reasons, including Pammy's asthma, the wet conditions, 8 months a year, were bad for her. So even though we loved living the small town life, it was time to leave for better conditions. Since arriving she hasn't had to use the rescue inhaler, at all :party: , a common event in Port Orford.

Friends in Port Orford say we left just before the rains started this year. Beautiful weather for our trip. Went past Mt. Lassen Volcanic National Park. We stopped for a stretch and break at the top of a pass and I picked up a couple of small volcanic boulders (not in the park) for Pammy's new yard. That started a trend, if you ever saw the Lucy Show... Ricky had to collect rocks along the whole vacation route. Just kidding, wasn't that bad... I only stopped for rocks two other spots, my idea... :lol:

The new shop is built and production started back up on Sunday. I miss having a hardware store half a block away. Lowe's and Home Depot are just up the road, nice for home fix up, but I was screwed when I went there for stainless screws. In Port Orford, by the salt water, stainless was very common. Here in the desert not so common. A run to Copper State Bolt got me enough to hold me over, but even there, I bought all they had.

Tons of stuff to do moving in, lots of work to catch up on, so I may not be on the forum much for a bit. If you need an answer from me, use e-mail for a faster response. Thanks to all for your patience during our move.

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

Thanks folks.

Finally found our camera this morning.

Here is an interesting pic from the back roads of Nevada. This was right in back of the small truck stop where we got fuel.

eb2yxc.jpg

Master Card and Visa accepted... wonder how that comes out on your statement... Gotta run.

Purple-Days,

stinkmeaner

^^^^^

Probably have good family life near there, happy husbands at least for sure. :lol:

With places like that, I can't help but wonder what percentage of woman that would choose that career path if prostitution was legal everywhere.

stinkmeaner,

Purple-Days

Planted our first tree this morning.

The front yard had a busted irrigation system, not hard to fix, but all the plantings had died long ago... A bare front yard with gravel... We settled on Citrus.

The first planted is a Varigated Pink Lemon. :cool: The next (tomorrow morning) is a Mandarin Orange (you dig one hole per morning here, :ko: :2c: ) But I have my irrigation laid out (minus repairs)... Meyer's Imp. Lemon and a Tangerine for cross pollinators, planted soon.

PD production is going well, but US Plastics held up our Polypropylene shipment over 4 pieces of product, the bulk is on it's way (now! :lol: Oh well...) and should not delay things too much. Work on other parts in the meanwhile.

Purple-Days,

jawsh

Does anyone know what size the clips are that are put in the PD stems to hold the screen in place? I lost mine and wanna run to home depot to grab a few.

jawsh,

hereatlast

Very cool, I've always wanted a citrus tree of some sort; grew up with a Peach Tree but it was always tipping over because of too many fruits.

No clue jawsh but I'll probably want to archive that info for myself as well.

hereatlast,

jawsh

yea, it's a good idea. Almost all of my stems are really dirty anyways, so i'm thinking I should just replace the screen and clips instead of bothering with cleaning them. I'm assuming the screen are cut to fit and that you can pick up a few clips at ur local hardware store but i'm too lazy to just go there and take a look.

jawsh,
Hey FC,
My pandora is starting to crack from the heat of the pd.
It will split up in 2 if dropped( I guess since the crack is deep and long)
How much a new wood body would cost?(shipping to cananda)

I also could secure the pd with a metal thing that go around, I don't know how to say the name in english tho.
Does others wood vape have this issue( I mean others pd, and the copy that I don't give a rats ass about)
It's all about the purple days :p

Edit: added info
got this pd for like 6 month, always on, unless I away for more than 2 days (happened like 10 + times, irrelevant info tho)
Black walnut pandora

Big Dick Baller,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hey Big Dick ;)

Tom & Pammy have been in process of moving to another state. You might want to email them and include a picture of your crack (that does not sound right lol).

Every piece of wood is different. The PD I have had plugged in and in use since last November hasn't cracked a bit. I think it's all in how that particular piece of wood handles the heat.

Anyhow, best to email them for more information on that. Good luck!!

Lo,
Yeah tough about emailing them,
But it clearly states that there is no warranty ( so no support).
Tom and Pam aren't like other business, they have the best customer support, so they might help me.
I will email them for more info, once I get some times, gotta study for the university...

Some one wrote me a message with the same problem, he use what I though would work, stainless hose clamp.

Big Dick Baller,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
jawsh said:
yea, it's a good idea. Almost all of my stems are really dirty anyways, so i'm thinking I should just replace the screen and clips instead of bothering with cleaning them. I'm assuming the screen are cut to fit and that you can pick up a few clips at ur local hardware store but i'm too lazy to just go there and take a look.

You don't really need those clips IMO they block a lot of the air flow, just push the screen in evenly and it will stay put without the clips.

DeepFried,

Purple-Days

BD Baller, you are asking in the wrong thread, and as Lo suggests you should check with us. We are done with the move and can answer better than any forum.

I agree that the clips are not needed. They are there to semi-bullet-roof the screen placement in the original tips. I never use them in my personal tubes.

Purple-Days,

hereatlast

Logic, that's probably not the best way to find out when PD's will be stocked. Sit tight, I'm sure updates will come either here or on the distributor.

hereatlast,
Top Bottom