Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

wolf torn

So ever since getting the PD my EQ has been collecting dust.

Now I love the EQ a lot, but my buddy keeps begging me to buy it off me.

I have the PD, EQ, and LB.

What should I do? Do you think having just the PD and LB I would miss temp control and just taking monster rips with the EQ?

wolf torn,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
I was heavy on the MZ the first couple weeks, but now its just one of the vapes in the collection. Da Buddha is currently seeing the most use from me.

Hard to say, could be PD is a way better fit for you and should just sell / give away the EQ. But i'm all about the collection and different vapes that do different things.

rabblerouser,

hereatlast

lowfront I have the PD and the Extreme (v.3) as well as access to a MFLB at times. In in a similar boat in terms of the Extreme collecting dust BUT, I'm not ready to get rid of it quite yet. While the PD's efficiency makes it hard to revert to any other vape (I remember thinking the elbow-pack was small :o) there are times that the Extreme comes in handy, e.g. friends over, the PD is ALL the way downstairs (:D). Anyways I'm keeping mine, if nothing else than for backup, if you're thinking about getting rid of the Extreme just ask yourself if you see yourself using it at all in the future, especially if the PD is unavailable or out of commission for some reason.

hereatlast,

Phocas

Hello fellow PD brothers and sisters. I haven't been on FC lately and guess I fell behind on the times. I just saw the MZ and it looks cool but I am very attached to my PD. Does anyone have any idea if the glass stems they are selling will fit the PD? I am really looking to get away from the other stems and use glass if at all possible. Thanks in advance.

Phocas,

Phocas

My question still stands but after some reading I see where Clear Dome glass makes exactly what I want for my PD. The esty store is empty so I shot him an email to the address on Tom's site. It was returned so if anyone knows a way to get with cleardome please let me know. I assume he would be on FC but maybe not. Even if the tooty works I am going to try and secure some Clear Dome glass and some extreme accessories.

Phocas,

wthanna

Let us know how that works out for you. I was on a list for a PD bubbler from Clear Dome several months back... I don't know what happened to that list.... or Clear Dome! :/ I too would very much like a nice glass stem for my PD! ;)

wthanna,

Nosferatu

I had a quick question, is it safe to insulate your PD(like wrap a sock around it to get hotter temps?) I like to do this at night or if I wanna get really stoned, but I heard the solder liquefies at some temp not too much higher than 385. It hasnt been a problem yet but I'm scared to leave it on too long because I have no idea what temp its getting too. If anyone does this alot and can confirm I wont have to break my PD open again and resolder, please let me know. Thaaank youu.

Nosferatu,

Nosferatu

Oh ya I suppose its the same thing but always having it on the 13.5 would wear the wood and parts faster I think.

Nosferatu,

oldfart

Phocas said:
Hello fellow PD brothers and sisters. I haven't been on FC lately and guess I fell behind on the times. I just saw the MZ and it looks cool but I am very attached to my PD. Does anyone have any idea if the glass stems they are selling will fit the PD? I am really looking to get away from the other stems and use glass if at all possible. Thanks in advance.
All MZ stems fit the PD. PD stems DO NOT fit the MZ

oldfart,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I have no problem using my PD tubes in my friends MZ. They fit snug, but not to the point were they cannot work.

as far as leaving a sock on masbanji92. If you are worried about leaving it on all the time. Try using the sock only when you are using.
What I would do is put the sock on your PD about 15-20 minutes before you are going to use it, and then take it off when are finished.

DevoTheStrange,

Wolface

Why would this thing need more heat? should it not be set to the perfect temp from the maker?

Wolface,

lwien

Wolface said:
Why would this thing need more heat? should it not be set to the perfect temp from the maker?

Various wood densities provide different temps. My Cherry PD operates at the upper temp ranges (abv comes out a very dark brown) and my Ash PD operates at the lower vape temps (abv comes out a golden brown). For me, there is no need to try and get my Cherry PD any hotter than it is. If I did, the abv would be black, which is way too high. I'm guessing that the Cherry operates at about 385 and the Ash at about 370. There are some, however, that need the pain relief that is enhanced by going at very high temps, above 400 degrees F and are willing to take the risk of taking in increased toxins, and for those, the PD may not be the best choice.

lwien,
its fixed mid or mid-hi temp vape. about 385 degrees. if u want lower temp u can try hittin it after its on 4 10 or 15 minutes that should b lower temp.
about

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

ShineOn75

I was wondering how long it took for everybody's PD to pass the "break-in" period...i've heard it could take anywhere from a few weeks to a month.

ShineOn75,

lwien

ShineOn75 said:
I was wondering how long it took for everybody's PD to pass the "break-in" period...i've heard it could take anywhere from a few weeks to a month.

Break-in? The official word from PD is that there is no break-in period.

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I think ShineOn is referring to how some users notice that after a period of time the PD will seem to run a bit warmer than when first used.

DevoTheStrange,

ShineOn75

yes, exactly... I've heard that when they reach peak temp, the hits you produce will be slightly better then from when you first started using it.

ShineOn75,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
There may be a slight temp increase, but given that the wood is kild dried, it would be barely noticeable.
I would chalk up the percieved temp increase to the growth of users experience with the vape. Takes a while to get it down just perfect... and when you do the results are much better than when you originally started. Which can give you the impression that there has been an increase in temp.
I had initially thought my PD had increased in temp. However I had some wire issues that had to be fixed. So I really had nothing to base my experience off of because of the issue I was working with.
By the time I got it fixed I had already figured out how to hit it consistently, which was a far cry from how I had originally used it in the beginning.

DevoTheStrange,

jawsh

Hey guys:

I was wondering what type/size of clip goes into the bowl of a stem to hold the screen in place? Had to take the screen out of one of my stems and lost the clip.

Also, the main clip holding the heat exchanger in place seems to be becoming loose already (had unit for a 4-6 weeks now). Is that normal? I know its a little loose cause it began to rattle so I used the tool and hit it sharply with a hammer and it seems to have wedged it back into place as it is not rattling anymore. does anyone else have this problem?

jawsh,

aero18

vaporist
oldfart said:
All MZ stems fit the PD. PD stems DO NOT fit the MZ

Actually, PD stems do fit in the MZ. It is just a really tight fit.

edit: DevoTheStrange already mentioned this... oops.

aero18,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
jawsh said:
Hey guys:

I was wondering what type/size of clip goes into the bowl of a stem to hold the screen in place? Had to take the screen out of one of my stems and lost the clip.

Also, the main clip holding the heat exchanger in place seems to be becoming loose already (had unit for a 4-6 weeks now). Is that normal? I know its a little loose cause it began to rattle so I used the tool and hit it sharply with a hammer and it seems to have wedged it back into place as it is not rattling anymore. does anyone else have this problem?

That is actually a Normal problem that can occur when the vape takes a fall or the likes. Easy to fix as you have already found out. Every once in a while you will have to reseat the clip so the heat exchange does not rattle.

DevoTheStrange,

lwien

DevoTheStrange said:
That is actually a Normal problem that can occur when the vape takes a fall or the likes. Easy to fix as you have already found out. Every once in a while you will have to reseat the clip so the heat exchange does not rattle.

Ya know, I've never dropped mine. Always handled it with kid gloves, but after about a years worth of use, mine gets loose also and happens a bit more often the older it gets. I think, besides the dropping issue, is that it's just a bit of normal wear and tear maybe from the wood expanding or possibly internal charring from the heat which brings up a question that I'm going to ask elsewhere here.

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
mine becomes loose after its monthly spanking to get any thing that has fallen in out. I only dropped mine first few months of ownership... foot caught the cord once and sent it flying across the room.

DevoTheStrange,
Top Bottom