Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

elhoel

lwien said:
To get higher quicker and cause' it's fun to see vapor fill up a piece of hollow glass.
how does it get you higher faster?

im not arguing btw i really am curious lol dunno how this stuff works

elhoel,

lwien

Hitting the PD through a bong allows for a larger hit for a few reasons, especially if used with hot water.

One, is that due to the volume of the bong and the additional pressure that can be exerted on the PD's bowl than can be provided with your lungs alone, you can pull more out of the PD's bowl in one hit than you can with just your lungs.

Secondly, is that the vapor will be cooler due it having to travel further than just the PD's stem and if used with hot water, will add warm moisture. Between the vapor being cooler yet with warm moisture added to it, the hit is a lot smoother, allowing your lungs to take in a larger hit.

And thirdly, and this is up for debate being that I have no scientific study to prove this, but from my experience, it seems that the hot water in the vape allows your lungs to work more efficiently, thereby allowing your lungs to more efficiently process the THC.

You do lose a little THC due to the added contact with the glass and the water, but I believe that the above things more than compensates for that loss.

lwien,

elhoel

lwien said:
Hitting the PD through a bong allows for a larger hit for a few reasons, especially if used with hot water.

One, is that due to the volume of the bong and the additional pressure that can be exerted on the PD's bowl than can be provided with your lungs alone, you can pull more out of the PD's bowl in one hit than you can with just your lungs.

Secondly, is that the vapor will be cooler due it having to travel further than just the PD's stem and if used with hot water, will add warm moisture. Between the vapor being cooler yet with warm moisture added to it, the hit is a lot smoother, allowing your lungs to take in a larger hit.

And thirdly, and this is up for debate being that I have no scientific study to prove this, but from my experience, it seems that the hot water in the vape allows your lungs to work more efficiently, thereby allowing your lungs to more efficiently process the THC.

You do lose a little THC due to the added contact with the glass and the water, but I believe that the above things more than compensates for that loss.
kk coool

elhoel,

Purple-Days

That's an interesting observation about the hot water. I saw the thread about it and skimmed it at the start. Meant to get back and see what the results were. Cool indeed.

Vapor sounds wet, doesn't it? But is it? PD the vapor is pretty arid In My Opinion, I think others are too... Adding humidification to this dry air is good sense. Hot water would obviously add more, more, more.

Now here is an idea I have been bouncing around. Anybody who wants to run with this go for it. How about a humidification device? Nothing so industrial strength as the Icer, just a cotton puff, dampened, shook or squeezed out and put 'in-line' stuffed into the vapor path and occasionally re-wetted. Not much cotton needed just a filter of sorts, but damp. :shrug:

Purple-Days,

Ash

vaporist
Purple-Days said:
Yeah, CD's stuff is beautiful and unique, he is a real artist. Not some 2 bit, copy cat with LDS. :cool:
Stupid question alert. . .

What do the Mormons have to do with bongs?

Ash,

Purple-Days

"What do the Mormons have to do with bongs?", asks Ash.

Nothing that I can figure. Mormons are pretty respectable IMO. I liked them, and lived near Rexburg for a while on a farm, a predominantly Mormon town. A nice time. I used to go down the street for a great carry out dish at the gas stop. Potatoes and onions and peppers, ham, cheese, an a lot of delicious. Yep, delicious had to be the ingredient, cause I have had the other stuff.

Good times, I like Idaho. :2c:

I like lots of places, lots of people. Religion is not something I judge folks by. Just who they are...

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

Sorry, but yes it does. I do not class people. :cool:

On to other stuff:

I have bored some Black Walnut and Alder today, as a side project. Wanted to see how the Carbide vs. HSS bits worked. Nice progress. :cool:

Did a couple of stash boxes the other day and found a new way of mating the two surfaces. And Pammy an I have been using a different design... A hockey puck sort. Gonna have to show those soon.

Purple-Days,

Ash

vaporist
lwien, seriously, what did you mean by "LDS" in your earlier post?

Tom, if you look at our post-times, they're less than one minute apart. My post wasn't a reply to yours. I was replying to lwien, who was asking for the punch line. No punch line. I'm just trying to find out what he meant. :uhoh:

Anyway, I guess it's time to drop it because we're now waaay off topic. Did I just hijack the thread? Sorry folks.

And, why would I ask a question in the first line of a post and then suggest that I'm "dropping it" in the third? Moderator, moderator, help, help, I can't seem to self-edit!

Ash,

Purple-Days

Private jokes are never funny in public, my apologies.
Sorry. Our wood comes from Idaho.

Alder is a nice wood in the shop. Some aren't.
I think Ebony was the worst :mad:
Followed by Cocobolo.

Purple-Days,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
Cocobolo would be a really neat look for a pd.. unfortunately as you stated, its a pain in the ass to work with. Have you ever considered bamboo? Its a little tough so I'm not to sure how well it would turn.

HighSti,

Q_

I think with bamboo your best bet would be to just find a stalk about the right radius. They naturally consist of sections, so the top and bottom come for free too -- no turning or boring would be necessary. A friend of mine made a pretty neat bamboo bong this way. That being said, there are a lot of difficulties with bamboo.

Q_,

sour

The way I envision it bamboo doesn't seem suitable for a PD, sorry just can't see it.

sour,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
HighSti,

sour

HighSti

Actually yea come to think of it I HAVE seen that bamboo flooring when my friend was installing it in his condo. I don't know why I didn't think of that when you mentioned it and instead the stalk bamboo popped into my mind. My apologies because that type of bamboo does seem a bit more practical for the application in mind. Looks really great too :)

sour,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
No worries sour. I assumed most people would mistake it for the stalk stuff anyway. But yeah it does look kind pretty but like I said, Im not sure how easy it would be to work with so im not really the one to say if its actually practical or not. Just an idea. Can't wait for my Alder pandora! That should be fun. :D

HighSti,

jumpoff_the_planet

@TOM

I have had my purple days since january and i notice now there is something rattling around inside.
I know it isn't the clip that holds the heater in as some others had a problem with that.
It sounds like something very small and metal is broken or something although it is still producing vapor???

Any idea what this could be and if it should be looked at??
:peace:

jumpoff_the_planet,

jumpoff_the_planet

Must be something like that. Seems to be working normally at least. I also tried to shake it out but couldn't get it.

jumpoff_the_planet,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Just in time for baseball season, a new DH, Ashley!

I've got a few vapes but man, nothing excites me like a new PD, Especially when it looks like this. Thank you so much, Tom and Pammy! Love it!

img4221.jpg

img4222z.jpg

img4223.jpg

img4224y.jpg

img4226e.jpg

img4227.jpg

vtac,

t00fatt

Wow that ash is gorgeous! Has anyone gotten an adler pandora yet? They must be equally gorgeous! Man it's a real tough decision between those three custom woods, they are all quite unique. :o

t00fatt,
Top Bottom