Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

lwien

Purple-Days said:
So let's don't !

ps. I was down at the Laser Man's shop today. We are working closely together
and we are all are getting to know each other better. His shop foreman and I see eye to eye. They will be a long term ally. Nice to keep work in the community. :cool:
Deal.

I bet seeing eye to eye with someone is a bit different now, eh? :brow:

lwien,

Purple-Days

Yes, the world is a beautiful place. We saw Shore Acres not long after my recovery. Wow ! Nothing like it. I have had my eyes opened in other ways, but the recovery of vision is an amazing thing.

The left over wood slabs went into the rafters. Alder and Ash and Black Walnut. The folks down the street are turning and lasering these and the usual batches of American Cherry.

Got a good many Alder blocks that are scrap, but will be turned into stash boxes. Nice stuff. Close to the edge of bad is the best of the wood, should be nice to work with. Pammy and I are using the newest design, a disk, made from an older piece of Macassar Ebony. Round and flat, bigger stash interior. If any are interested we will get the tool for a perfect 1.5" leather insert. Let us know (private like).

Pammy says folks ask about the wonderful cup with a bale. Check our blog for details.

Purple-Days,

elhoel

lwien said:
elhoel said:
is the pd a hot hitter or?
Not for me.

elhoel said:
also, for the pd/lb people

do you grind your stuff up really really fine, like almost....powdery? lol is this good to do?

what's a good storage device for something like that?

also how long is the cord for the ac adaptor?
Cord is 74" long. No, I do not grind to almost powder, but I do grind it finer than what I would do to load a bong, spoon, or roll a joint.

Regarding storage devices, I just received a few SpaceCase storage containers. One that holds an eighth, and the other two that hold a gram each. Love them. Beautifully machined, totally impervious to light and they're airtight and they won't break. I really like 'em.
you gotta link to a place with the grinder you got?

elhoel,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
elhoel said:
lwien said:
elhoel said:
you gotta link to a place with the grinder you got?
Not a grinder. They're storage cases.

I got them here: http://www.puffitup.com/category-s/30.htm

They don't show the large when there, but they do carry it and it holds exactly an eighth. I used to use mason jars, but I like these way better.
coool

do they make some that are containers and grinders?
You can find the Space Case Scout grinder with Storage on Vapeworld.com, and Vaporoutlet.com, same sizes offered for these as the storage case, small, med, large, except there is a scout size 2 piece grinder at the end of the storage case.

DevoTheStrange,

elhoel

DevoTheStrange said:
You can find the Space Case Scout grinder with Storage on Vapeworld.com, and Vaporoutlet.com, same sizes offered for these as the storage case, small, med, large, except there is a scout size 2 piece grinder at the end of the storage case.
thanks!

uhhh...is it really worth shelling out the money for one of the grinders with the screen on it?

also, why are space cases peoples' favorite......grinders/containers?

just curious

modnote: Please visit the Herb Grinder thread for all your herb grinder needs.

elhoel,

sour

I've had my Purple Days vaporizer for over 2 months now and I noticed it seems to be getting hotter than it did when I first got it. I've been leaving it on day and night so I guess the wood is drying out. :)

sour,

t00fatt

Cleardome, do you know when you should be expecting some more glass PD stems to be ready for sale? I've got some money to burn, and I'm really craving some glass for my PD. :brow:

t00fatt,

Purple-Days

Pammy is hooked on hers. The Lily is so unique and she loves flowers. South of here, just across the Cali Border you can see huge fields of them near the ocean.
2wduc5c.jpg

And today the sun shining in showed this silver dust (sparkles in the green glass) in the end by the steel. Very cool. Mine has a great mouthpiece end. Very nice work. And of course the cool they vapor, but best of all is getting to see the vapor fill the tube. oh, and as others have mentioned it's heavy glass, nice and thick. ;)

Purple-Days,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Damn those are nice , CD really has his stuff together , would love to see that lily tube on an actual PD , I imagine it would compliment nicely .

Samsquanch,

t00fatt

Those vapor tubes are gorgeous! Tom how do you like the length of your glass tube? I really like the short length of your tubes. I think I'd like my tube be only and inch maybe two longer than your tubes. I'm just worried if it gets too long the vapor density is going to suffer.

t00fatt,

Purple-Days

Overall, measuring by 'hand' (no ruler handy) the 'plain' one is 10 inches. And I am guessing 3/8" ID. I too am an advocate of vapor density, but like any whip a pre-puf or two (exhaled) clears the chamber of non-vapor (plain air) then a regular draw is as full as any. That's when the extra cooling of the glass really takes hold. The heavy glass soaks up the heat and the draw is cooled considerably, leading to rather large draws. Easy to overdo it, not being aware of the potential. Your lungs say, keep going... very similar to running the PD through a bong, but more practical. I am sure CD can get you one in the 6 inch range but you won't get the full cooling effect that this 10 incher gives. Also look for the bubbler he is developing, on the right side of this page. http://purple-days.com/ClearDome.html Oh, yeah ! Though I am quite happy with the plain glass airpath, some may want the water for humidification.

Sour, we use Kiln Dried wood only. No green woods or PAD or 'wet' wood from beach salvage. Folks who use PAD wood to make a vape expect the wood to dry eventually. We pay top dollar for furniture grade KD slabs.

Many conditions can affect the temperature, probably the room air temps can have the most effect, and if you are in the Northern Hemisphere we are getting warmer every day. It's springtime, woot.

Purple-Days,

sour

Ok kiln dried very nice, see these are the thing that carpenters and woodworkers think of when designing, and the things we take for granted. Thank you! No wonder my vape is so beautiful it could have been a nice piece of furniture.

Yea maybe since the climate is changing my PD feels hotter. I was under the impression there was a "break-in period" but now I'm not sure why I thought that. I packed about half a load, very loosely then tried inhaling with the corners of my mouth drawing in fresh air. I got about 3 good hits with visible vapor, and a fourth with the burnt taste. I was feeling comfortably medicated and it amazes me just how well you can gauge proper dosage with this vape. Some days I want to ease my pain, take the edge off from a hard day's work, or straight-up get out of our atmosphere. I've NEVER been able to consistently control the degree of medication until I got this. Not taking strain and potency into account of course.

sour,

honeboy

Wow! That bubbler looks awesome! Hope he nails it. Eases my concerns about getting adequate cooling for my highly sensitive throat. And looks to be much less of a hastle than using a bong. Guess I'll patiently wait for the orders to resume:)

honeboy,

xaustinx

I have a PD for sale in the "Sell your Vape/Vape Accessories" thread. Sad times everywhere.

xaustinx,

t00fatt

Well Tom you've got me convinced, I think I would like a longer glass tube. I can't wait for some more to be ready :brow:

t00fatt,

lwien

To get higher quicker and cause' it's fun to see vapor fill up a piece of hollow glass.

lwien,
Top Bottom