Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Sad day... I gotta send my PD back too Tom... seems like it has internal issues. Works on all my power supplies, even tested them. But as of late (at least once every other day) it just gets stone cold, no matter which power supply it is on. It even went cold on the power supply my gf got from tom two weeks ago.
If and when this happens, it normally wont heat back up in 30 unless I make sure the HE is sitting in there nice and solid. If it is slightly loose, takes an hour or so too heat back up. Which is frustrating because every time it cools it gets loose.
But I don't want too deal with packages at this time of year, Hopefully it will hold out until after Xmas and will send it right out.

DevoTheStrange,

Purple-Days

Send it in, Devo, like I said it could be a couple of things. USPS does a delivery confirmation for 65 cents, and we have a tiny post office, it won't get lost.

Yeah, Highend, or Todd, or WZ, I always said, if a rip-off came along I would blow the lid off.

And don't try to say you are not a rip-off, or defend yourself, you used our add copy ("Inspired by ... a 1978 patent for nicotine delivery" here is our's "Inspired by a 1978 patent for nicotine delivery" http://purple-days.com/Info.html). You (WZ) used several elements of the Purple-Days unique design (a full list on request). You (WZ) placed a picture of a Tea Tree Purple-Days up on your commercial website as your own product. You also referred to the PD in your add copy (how Google and one of our customers found out about you), not able to have the vape stand on it's own legs. Don't play innocent.

You (WZ) must be proud to come over here to take credit, "Glad to have opened the box". But you get no respect from me. Sure you changed a minor point and eliminated some fins... cheaper and quicker to build that way. :lol: I was laughing pretty hard at your lack of understanding of the fins. Short bus science. :science:

Since you (WZ) and Rick (MZ) have decided to collaborate in an effort to attract Purple-Days customers, using a blatant rip off of PD ideas, I think it's fair to collaborate with any and all who wish to do the same to you. Anyone will soon be able to build their own PD. Might even start an International association of PD certified builders.

This may not work out the way you (WZ) and Rick (MZ) had in mind. .l.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

For any wondering about further construction details they will all be available. But I am busy... For now I will say that the sleeve slides into the top hole of the heat exchanger and the heat exchanger slides into the sleeve, the top disk rests on the sleeve, the spring steel clip secures (sandwiches) the disk against the sleeve.

Maybe Pandora thread? But the first post would have to be pretty extensive and t.would be more work than I have time for right now.

Purple-Days,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Purple-Days said:
Might even start an International association of PD certified builders.
thats kind of where I think this is all heading, I made a comment in the Woodeez thread (now ABV'd) that this style of vape could potentially become the one people turn too for the Build at home crowd.

Will send my PD too you within a few weeks... Even though I know it needs be fixed, I am reluctant too part with it (haven't gone a day without since I got it). The way I figure if it is working right now... as long as I don't haul it back and forth too work, causing it too bounce around and shake, it should be fine. Just gotta baby it until I send it off.

DevoTheStrange,

Purple-Days

I'm pretty sure your power jack needs replaced, though like I said I opened Stickstones' unit up and had missed a solder joint. Not likely nowdays, but your's was built when I couldn't see and maybe your's is the same. Can't know till we open it up. If it's the jack, pressure in one direction or the other will likely cause contact or no-contact. A rubber band around the unit with the cord threaded under it to hold the cord in one position may be a help till you can get it round to us.

Glad folks are thinking the Pandora Kit is a good idea. I think it will be fun. And I never like doing the same thing over and over, so this is new and will keep me interested.

Purple-Days,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Will you be selling the kits through Vapenow.com? or will kits come directly from you?

Would be fun too get ahold of a body and carve a design into its surface too make it more tactile, Definitely would make for a one of a kind PD.

DevoTheStrange,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
BTW.... Just wanted to say I LOVE the name Pandora Kit!!

I'm excited about the idea and think it is going to be a wonderful thing for so many folks!! I know I'll order a kit... Now whether I'll be able to complete assembly without asking a dude for help... We'll see. I do know how to solder and can read/comprehend well. I already have a good friend that I would buy a kit for immediately upon release as I know he would love assembling and would be oh so happy with it!! I also know he'd help me if I got stuck trying to build my own kit :D

Now... It's now like I would need another one but the idea of building the kit is so damn intriguing!!!

Lo,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I think crafting a PD would be a significant challenge for me with many unsuccessful attempts (even if Tom were by my side trying to help me use the lathe, etc.).

However, I agree that the kit sounds like a great idea (I just keep thinking how excited people are to build model planes and trains, yet a PD! :brow: ).

I am hoping that the name "pandora" is not a sign that you (Tom) are feeling like you have opened pandora's box.

It seems to be a good idea to take your time and generate ideas about how to best approach the kit idea before officially offering them.

I have even has the vision of someone in the coutryside without access to a lathe building a unit and wittling their bored block of wood down until the unit reached the temperature they desired (the man was wittling a frog, of corurse ;) ).

Well, to all of those caring for little wooden children, toke it easy! :cool:

PS: I have a tip for all of the Pd owners. A can koozie can be a great way to apply a healthy coating of buzz butter (just stick a chunk of buzz butter to the side of the unit, place the unit in the koozie, spin the unit to spread the buzz butter, and leave the koozy on for the buzz butter to soak into the wood).

Progress,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
Tom, you are correct. Your ad copy was used. A pic of my PD was used. It never should have been. Sorry that it went down like that, but really my intention was to dump some on Ebay and be done with it. Its funny that you are so upset. You had already posted enough info in pics and videos that anyone with some skills can build one of these for a fraction of the cost. You put it out in the world but dont expect anyone to follow? :lol: Like others before me have said, if I didnt do it someone else would have. Now I would hope that this type of vape becomes made by others as it really is a great device no matter who builds it. The more people that turn on to vaporizers the better. Let get the world healthier before more people commit slow suicide by continuining to combust. :2c:

Oh and just a tip. If you are paying over 300 for your webpage, try www.ipage.com. Basic sites start at 10 bucks a year.

mod note: This post is not in line with our request for manufacturers to stay out of other's manufacturer's threads unless you are complimenting them. Todd, please do not post in the PD thread for the time being. And other members, please do not respond to this post.

highendvapes,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Purple-Days said:
That's a school day afternoon, the bus is way up at the other end of town. :lol:

Yep, the Norwegian's is just a mini-block or two to the right, and even better, is Griff's, down on the docks, both great, both reasonable prices.

http://i47.tinypic.com/343npty.jpg
The harbor.
http://i49.tinypic.com/28b46lu.jpg
Griff's on the dock... :cheers:
Nice. Here's the majesty of my neck of the woods for all to behold:
el.qplaza2.jpg

jeffp,

Purple-Days

I love the picture. We go to the BIG city once in a while, I think Coos Bay is about 10,000 folks. They have traffic lights and all. We don't even have a stop sign on the main drag.

Just remembered the punch line of a joke. "... We have settled what your are, now we are just dickering over price..." :lol:

Purple-Days,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
nice pix, jeffp ... i always thought my home town was firmly anchored in the 18th century. Looks like your home town is only several years behind the times.

Hippie Dickie,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Just a few years behind the times - for example they're first now showing Borat....

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
this is one of my favorite eateries; the food is average plus they deliver til 1am....

b159979069.jpg

jeffp,

karazi

Hey jeffp, I recognize that 25A sign, it is the same one about 30-40 miles east that I used to live a mile from :p. Now I am maybe 5-10 miles west of your picture.

karazi,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
this is on the street that i live on; these knishes are truly mindblowing.... to steer this back on topic let me say that a knish is great after vaping with the PD...

Knish%20Nosh%20Nov%202003%20No%201.jpg

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
karazi said:
Hey jeffp, I recognize that 25A sign, it is the same one about 30-40 miles east that I used to live a mile from :p. Now I am maybe 5-10 miles west of your picture.
cool... i was thinking one of these days it would good to have a local FC party...

jeffp,

Purple-Days

What's the weirdest dog you have had at Pink's? I know you have gone beyomnd the plain old dog, Lwien.

Hmmm, a line for quality, honest food, imagine that... they should hire more people and expand... they are letting folks down, and someone somewhere will sell these folks hot dogs, if they don't step up to the plate and do something about the wait. Maybe they will open right across the street and call it Pinkeez. Ahhh, but it wouldn't be a Pink's, now would it...? ;)

Purple-Days,

lwien

Purple-Days said:
What's the weirdest dog you have had at Pink's? I know you have gone beyomnd the plain old dog, Lwien.

Hmmm, a line for quality, honest food, imagine that... they should hire more people and expand... they are letting folks down, and someone somewhere will sell these folks hot dogs, if they don't step up to the plate and do something about the wait. Maybe they will open right across the street and call it Pinkeez. Ahhh, but it wouldn't be a Pink's, now would it...? ;)
And a bit-o-history: http://www.pinkshollywood.com/pgz/history.htm

And when a celebrity goes to Pinks, guess what? They stand in line with everyone else: http://www.pinkshollywood.com/pgz/photos.htm

They haven't changed their formula in over 60 years. Those long lines and long wait times have been working for them for over half a century.

Tom, if I were you, I wouldn't change a thing. Put out a quality product with a loyal following and those people will gladly wait. Will there be those that will drive by and say, "Fuck it. Lines too long".? Sure........but I have no doubt that the owners of Pink's just shrug their shoulders and say, "Well, we can't please everyone", and then go about their day being one of the most successful hot dog stands in the world.

lwien,

Ash

vaporist
lwien said:
Put out a quality product with a loyal following and those people will gladly wait. Will there be those that will drive by and say, "Fuck it. Lines too long".? Sure........but I have no doubt that the owners of Pink's just shrug their shoulders and say, "Well, we can't please everyone", and then go about their day being one of the most successful hot dog stands in the world.
That was a brilliant metaphor. Of course now I seem to have perminantly associated my PD with a hot dog. Actually, if you lay down four PD's in a row and then squinted, then it might sortta look like a hot dog.

Ash,

bake bake

So I've been trolling here for a few weeks now, Tom I dig your style, and your vape design. I just bought a DBV and I have to say after seeing all the videos on YOUTUBE, with people's experiences and your craftsmanship, I feel compelled to order one of these as soon as I can. The PD is a very awesome product from an awesome guy. take it easy dude and I hope to place an order soon;)

bake bake,

Frickr

bake bake said:
So I've been trolling here for a few weeks now, Tom I dig your style, and your vape design. I just bought a DBV and I have to say after seeing all the videos on YOUTUBE, with people's experiences and your craftsmanship, I feel compelled to order one of these as soon as I can. The PD is a very awesome product from an awesome guy. take it easy dude and I hope to place an order soon;)
this is why i feel tom wont be hurting one but from all of this! he will always have a very loyal fallowing behind him, i mean just look 188 pages later, and very very few unsatisfied customers. tom has something to be very proud of. and you can see that in his craftsmanship. no matter how many knock offs there are, none will be able to replace the personal touch and feeling tom gives things. and i dont think tom will have any problem with business. the ones that have that will choose to go 'the other route' arent bad people, but they are the ones that are stuck in the "gotta have it now" mindset as much of americans are. we are so spoiled by all the fast food, cellphones, internet and instant everything, that sometimes we loose track of the simple things that take a little time and patients. i dont think anyone has died of antisipation for the pd, and after that wait, doesnt that make the end product that much sweeter? delayed gratification [I give credit to Dean Koontz who said this so perfectly] if you will.

i have enjoyed my pd, along with being able to talk to the creator. the internet can be a great way of making the world smaller. and i feel its nice to be able to have a place where people with like intrests from all over the world, can all sit around and enjoy learning from eachother.

tom you will always have a very loyal following, there needs to be more people like you and pammy in this world, the little bit of kindness you snow everyone, goes along ways, and your examples of how people should be treated say alot!

Frickr,
Top Bottom