Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

aterphasma

It made a pretty good splat on my pants. Might be just a splat that worked loose and landed flat, but it looked like it had just splatted. >_> I just said splat like four times. Hah.

Anyway, like I said, it still works. I was just wondering if there was anything I should be worried about.

aterphasma,

Purple-Days

Yep, a droplet of solder during the building. Not molten now. Not possible. Just stuck to the wood way beack then and finally came loose. I missed a few of them when I was blind, silver and reflective.

Purple-Days,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
owin said:
With the DBV my gf and I would go through 7g in about 1-1.5 weeks. With the PD my gf and I go through 7g in a month.
Is this because of the regulation of the PD, or is it actually that much more efficient? By regulation, I mean that it's very easy to load huge bowls and get giant hits from the SSV (and I assume also the DBV) because it's really good at giving huge hits and that marijuana tends to have a quick building tolerance so the higher you are day one, the more you need to use to reach the same high on day two.

Pseudonymous,
Good question Pseudonymous. Always noticed the increase of tolerance when I switch from high grade to mids. Reciently went from mids to nugs and was getting head-spinning euphoria off of one hit. Next day, same stuff, took me 2-3 hits for desired effect. Hate that. Taking a day off from medicating is not an option; but it would be nice to always have that bang to the head like it had been awhile everytime. Hope that this week is the week for me and the PD. I will let everyone know my personal usage decreses when I recieve mine. For years now; I have used 7-10 grams per week. Usually mid grade. For the PD I am going to try to use nothing but nugs.
If I take it easy on nug with no sharing, I can make an 1/8th last the week.
:peace:

Rottweiler1080z,

max

Out to lunch
Pseudonymous said:
owin said:
With the DBV my gf and I would go through 7g in about 1-1.5 weeks. With the PD my gf and I go through 7g in a month.
Is this because of the regulation of the PD, or is it actually that much more efficient? By regulation, I mean that it's very easy to load huge bowls and get giant hits from the SSV (and I assume also the DBV) because it's really good at giving huge hits and that marijuana tends to have a quick building tolerance so the higher you are day one, the more you need to use to reach the same high on day two.
Aside from more area for condensation loss, there's nothing that prevents a larger vape like the SSV from being as efficient as the PD. It's just not as enjoyable, loading PD size loads in a big bowl. And the tolerance angle you mention can also be a factor. The PD just makes efficiency easy and enjoyable.

max,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I also feel loading a SSV or E with very small amounts pulls in much less "milky" hits then the PD. Is the air to vapor ratio too high? Uncertain, but I do believe condensing herb on a small vapor path thus getting the most out of your meds is the PD's secret to conservation. Now if only i didn't smoke 15 bowls a day, i'd be set.

IAmKrazy2,

Purple-Days

Some think the combination of convection with secondary heating from conduction makes a difference too.

Just realized that I mentioned the T-shirts, and the buyer's choice of a donation of $1 to the FC forum, but didn't mention we are going to match all those dollars 1 for 1. The shirts are on order and the printer confirms 'first week of October'. Also further defined the product, they are Hane's Tag-less T-shirts. :)

Purple-Days,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
Hey everybody, I've been lurkin around for quite some time now and have seen quite a bit o positives about the purple days vape. It's feels good to actually write out a post about it haha.

I'm almost positive I'm going to purchase one once I get back in the states, but I'd really like to put my mind at ease on one small thing that keeps bugging me: Does bud ever fall out of the tube's chamber into the unit? I'm rather hapless when it comes to these things and am worried I'll load a bowl and subsequently lose it to the wonderfully crafted bowels of the pd. Could such a thing happen with proper use?

(Oh, and Tom could I send you an email regarding something custom-ish?)

sneezyjesus,

Frickr

sneezyjesus said:
I'm almost positive I'm going to purchase one once I get back in the states, but I'd really like to put my mind at ease on one small thing that keeps bugging me: Does bud ever fall out of the tube's chamber into the unit?
the bud stays put pretty well. as soon as the hot air touches it, it gets "glued" into place. undoubtably you will get a few pieces that sneek their way out of the bowl, but a quick tap on the bottom they will fall out.

Frickr,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
good luck on that custom part...the PD has a long wait list so getting a standard unit is still high in demand.

If I grind up freshly cured bud (a tad bit moist...not to my expectations of a 'perfect' crispy consistency) then I would stand a much greater chance of losing NOTHING down the pd heat exchanger. Even if I hit it incorrectly.

.....now with finely ground, bone dry nugget I try my best not to keep the unit vertical when a loaded stem is inserted. That way lil bits of herb fall down into the pd and can create a semi-unpleasant burnt pop-corn taste. This only happens, of course, when you hit it improperly. And hell...all of us turn to stone at times and forget the proper technique of hitting a PD..so small crumbs might drop in there at times.

simple fix (suggested oh so many times throughout this thread) is at the end of a session (or a messy pd bowl :lol:) all you need to do is unplug your wood..turn it upside down, and give it a nice spanking. Shake that fucker out like it owes you money :goon: There ya go....back to normal.

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Purple-Days

That was a funny one, "Shake that fucker out like it owes you money :goon: " a classic Hennessey. :lol:

Yeah, custom units are done.
Over. Fini. Kaput.
They were for friends and 'family' members.
NO more.

Looks like fewer Internationals too.
Certain postal systems are FUBAR.
Absolutely forget it, if your country doesn't have a Union Jack in it's borders.
Even then very limited supplies.

More time for our own family life.
More time in the workshop.
More PDs, less e-mail. :cool:

Purple-Days,

CrazyCracker

Purple-Days said:
Top Gear, "A man from the Tate Gallery told me the other day...for something to be art, it can have no purpose other than itself, no function."
As a ceramicist I completely disagree with this statement. Form and function can and do co/exist.

....cant wait for my PD! Me and my girl are taking a break from smoking til it comes, hopefully make the transition to vaping easier.

CrazyCracker,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
Thanks frickr, hennessy, it sounds like its not an issue most of the time. And I figured the answer to the shaking out the bud that fell in question might be somewhere in this massive topic, but 155 pages was a little daunting to wade through, even for me. Thanks for the help :)

I appreciate the definitive answer on that one Tom. I actually wasn't looking for a custom pd; since your woodworking skills seem top notch I was hoping to work out something regarding a custom Vaporstar bowl.
I completely understand getting back to your family and your own life though, and I can't complain about your devotion to putting out the original. It was worth a shot :lol:

sneezyjesus,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
Purple-Days said:
The newest tool in the PD workshop. I enjoy invention, but it comes to me in an abrupt way. Sit and think how to spin a tube at low RPM for months, no luck ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxEF1AbPfDw
:cool:
I bet it's just the best feeling when you get those sporadic moments of inspiration though.
How many tubes were you cutting a day before you made the attachment?

sneezyjesus,

catlady

i'm curious... why isn't there a little screen down the hole on the PD so the herb doesn't fall in and burn?

catlady,

lwien

catlady said:
i'm curious... why isn't there a little screen down the hole on the PD so the herb doesn't fall in and burn?
My thought is that airflow is restricted enough with the small bowl. A screen would just make it worse.

I've had my PD for about 6 months now and I've never gotten one single spec of herb in my PD. But then I never put a freshly loaded stem, bowl down, into my PD. Always bowl up on the first hit.

lwien,

DJDIZZY

catlady said:
The second screen would/does impede the airflow enough to notice, especially with a tight bowl.

DJDIZZY,

aterphasma

Wow, Tom, that's a really neat little invention you made there. Extremely innovative. Now if only the pipe cutter was self tightening . . . . ;)

aterphasma,

mayan

Hi all....been reading and reading but figured I would just skip oh -say- 150 pages or so and say that I expect to be joining the International Confederation of Intrepid Purple Daze Owners any day now...well, make it any 63 days or so from now...having just ordered about 15 minutes ago. Can't wait...guess I'll have to. Salud!

mayan,

sethhobrin

anyone know where to purchase the original model adapter? it just worked better.

this radio shack replacement is driving me freakin insane. i keep walking up to a turned off cold PD and have to jiggle the connector around for some reason to get it going again which involves waiting 30 minutes....

i think if it is just a micron loose it turns off. i also suspect if it is a certain angle it doesn't operate eiher.

sethhobrin,
Top Bottom