Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Records are great. You'll notice in the photo there's cardboard boxes inside the metal racks - these are U-Haul mid size boxes; they're cheap and fit records perfectly. They slide in and out easily and the covers don't get scratched or reamed by the metal bars. I have a good 3,000 LPs in my place - if I had some psychedelic posters it would be the hippest teenage room around.

Just as an aside one of my crazy friends told me that he wants to hang his records on the wall above his head by his bed. I told him, bad idea, if the records fall they'll land on your head and kill you. He said, "yeah but what a way to go!"

jeffp,

420Birth

Vaporist - Member #420
PD saved me from first day of school jitters. Actually I started smoking because of anxiety. So I did a stem and went to class....felt a lot better than I would have w/o it.

Now I'm enjoying another stem and some Choco/Peanut Butter Reeses cereal with soy milk and fresh strawberries...feeling great.

Thanks Tom and Pam

420Birth,

masejl12

420Birth said:
PD saved me from first day of school jitters. Actually I started smoking because of anxiety. So I did a stem and went to class....felt a lot better than I would have w/o it.

Now I'm enjoying another stem and some Choco/Peanut Butter Reeses cereal with soy milk and fresh strawberries...feeling great.

Thanks Tom and Pam
Exact same for me on the first day of class, It turns out classes won't be so bad this semester. I even met a fellow vape user :D.

masejl12,

Choism

masejl12 said:
420Birth said:

Thanks Tom and Pam
Exact same for me on the first day of class, It turns out classes won't be so bad this semester. I even met a fellow vape user :D.
College?

Choism,

leozdad

Hey Tom i read in another thread here at FC that the ioLite and the PD have similar operating temps. the iolite operates at 374F (190C) was just wondering fact or fiction Thanks :peace:

leozdad,

MrMistyTokes

Steam Engine
leozdad said:
Hey Tom i read in another thread here at FC that the ioLite and the PD have similar operating temps. the iolite operates at 374F (190C) was just wondering fact or fiction Thanks :peace:
there both vapes arnt they..

anyways- the vapor tubes are supposed to be lose fitting in the PD, correct?

im already in love

MrMistyTokes,

Purple-Days

yes a bit loose for easy insertion. Set ID of Heat exchanger tube meets set OD of vapor tip.

I have never used an Iolite. Others have said 380-385F (for a PD at standard room temp with 12V ) and that is my opinion :2c: of the temp based on use of a 'high end' digital vape. So just a few extra degrees F possibly, not much. So, similar, yes.

Here is the new PD mascot (or one of her brothers, not sure).
Meet KALI
2d98zfl.jpg

:D :D
Pammy and I can't wait.

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Kali is really beautiful and she looks looks warm and good natured. Congratulations on that, Tom.

jeffp,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
That is an ADORABLE puppy!! I'd be excited too! My 'puppy' is now about 1 1/2 yrs and 90 pounds LOL!

Is that a Scottish Terrier ?? It looks similar to a dog we had growing up many moons ago! Very cute! Congratulations on your new family member!! :D

Lo,

willywagtail

Yeah, she's adorable !!!! :D I hope she gets along with bugger! pammy was right, i'll never forget that name

mod note: please avoid back to back posts minutes apart by using the edit button. posts merged.

willywagtail,

420Birth

Vaporist - Member #420
Choism said:
masejl12 said:
420Birth said:

Thanks Tom and Pam
College?
Nah Jr High Bro.

Of course college...lol. Junior with extreme anxiety in large groups of peers.

420Birth,

Purple-Days

Yes she is a Scottish Terrier. Extra points for you. :)

Sadly little Bug had to be put down. He lived a long and happy life. Almost 13 years. Went in for the annual checkup in June, had minor surgery a week or so after and had bounced back, chasing his tennis ball and barking at other dogs... but not for long, and a few weeks after that it was obvious he wasn't doing as well. Took him in to check and feeling around they found a large tumor on his liver. He was Pammy's baby, and little boy, and buddy. (mine too)
2ymaaoi.jpg

View My Video

Only one way to help Pammy recover. New Puppy!
o8760y.jpg

Family raised, not a puppy mill dog. She has already been camping! And close enough we can drive and pick her up rather than a crate in a plane. ;)

So a couple more weeks of sad, then too busy to be sad. :cool:

Purple-Days,

Lo

Man, I'm sorry to hear about your loss!! We had our old man lab for 11 1/2 years and lost him a couple years ago too after long illness :( Didn't get another dog for over a year - we were SO heartbroken... I do understand. We had lost both our in-laws within a few years, then my dad...few weeks later - our dog. We ended up moving out of our old house ahead of our schedule just to start over... It was so sad to be at old house without our dog after losing so much. I hope this new puppy helps you guys recover!!

I REALLY hope you & Pam really enjoy her! She is adorable... We had a Scottish Terrier when I was a kid and she was a wonderful dog :) and I remember she was with us for a long time!!! Best Wishes for your new puppy too!

Never posted pix on this board, don't know if this will work!

Here is our old man Snapper... He is dearly missed:
snapper.jpg

Here is our new boy, Gunny... now 1 1/2yrs old... He's a bull mastiff mix, vet calls him moose mastiff mix and he LOVES boating with my husband:
gunny.jpg

CRAP... FINALLY figured out how to add the darn pix :)

Lo,

lwien

Your new puppy is sooo cute.

Sorry for your lose Tom and Pammy. I still hold special places in my heart for all the pets that I've had. Such great friends and playmates.

lwien,

Purple-Days

Thanks everybody.

We laughed at the Moose Mastif comment. Good looking dogs. ;)

One more just sent to us. This is Kali for sure.
svjo86.jpg

Purple-Days,

Lo

Wow! That is a great picture... She is so darn cute. That is a picture to save for sure as she won't stay that teeny for long. Hope she gets to come home with you guys soon! So cute!! Love the name Kali too!

Lo,

Purple-Days

5 weeks old and Mama say's she's a hell raiser and the gang leader... :uhoh: :D :lol:

Pammy will have to tell the meanings of Kali's name later this evening.

Back to my Astro-Dog avatar, just didn't want to look at it for a while. Glad folks like it. :)

Purple-Days,

juice

I don't understand: what stops the herbs from falling into the purple days unit itself? I'm somewhat certain some material has gone down in there- does it just collect up or is it coming up when I suck thru the straw or what? how's it go?

p.s. this truly is an experience, thank you over & over thank you

juice,

bongoman

Some of us hold our units at an angle to stop herb falling down into the heater - otherwise the general stickiness and how you pack the herb tends to hold it in the stem.

If some does fall in, best to upend the unit and bang it on the palm of your hand to remove any herb that has fallen in there, otherwise it chars and can get a little smelly.

bongoman,

Purple-Days

:D Anytime.
Edit: Yeah, what Bongoman says. ^^^
Typed this before seeing his post.

Good loading and a light tamp with the fingertip will secure a load well, for extra measure hold the load downward over your loading tray or Billy-Bowl and any tint crumb that might fall is caught. Once the hot air hits the load it gets frozrn in place till spent.Then blow it into the blow bag (the little one) to keep you pad clean and for possible re-use later, edibles etc. Lots of tips around here and in the PD tips thread.

Basically anything that falls in will fall out when you turn the unit over and give it a light tap. And if you never do this the small amount of particles will just fall down through two through holes into the bottom cavity and cause no harm. I just don't think about it.and almost never turn a unit over... well I knock them over. :lol:

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Yeah but don't pack it in after you stuff it - material needs air space for heat for good vapor draws.
when you pack a tube just turn it upside down, if nothing falls out and it probably won't then it's a good bet you don't have to worry...

jeffp,
Top Bottom