Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I kind of like the slightly woody taste from the VG.
I think the idea of wooden tubes is great - it becomes very personal, sort of like an old familiar pipe.

jeffp,
i dislike the 'sauna-mouth' associated with the Purple Days when used with the standard tubes so for me the idea of breathing my lovely clouds thru more wood is not a nice one. When i vape my beautiful tree i wanna taste MY tree not just A tree! Just my 2 cents

thevapedcrusader,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
wow...this thread is getting wacky.

lets get it back on track! Remember people...fuck combustion :D

ok lets start things off with a cherry logo-less unit. Has the black leather bottom and feels/looks classy as hell. This is a solid ;pd; right here :tup:
IMG_0656.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

(spare pics)
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q204/hennessy1414/IMG_0651.jpg
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q204/hennessy1414/IMG_0653.jpg

Next up we got an exotic maple unit :cool: this one as well has the black leather bottom
IMG_0548.jpg

...and here's the exotic paired up next to my original purple lit unit (purple light getting fixed ATM)
IMG_0552.jpg

The ;pd; on the left fits snugly on top of the billy bowl. If any of you remember reading that you could fit the pd on-top of the billy bowl to dry off your nugs...well thats the PD that can do that. :tup:

I want to see more wood people! :D

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
is that a joke?^^^^ :/

There are only two (yes that's right 2) people in the WHOLE WORLD that make this vape. It just so happens it is one of the better vapes on the market (143 pages dont lie) today. Being that its at said status, demand started to go thru the roof! Orders were stacking up for this two person vape crew and they decided to let a private distributor handle North American sales. Being that its Tom&Pam's job to make the ;pd; it only seems necessary to let someone else who specifically handles sales to well, handle the sales. :cool: That way they can make more PD's, deal with less e-mails (as it is they still go through a bunch) and focus directly on the task at hand, which is getting all of you fuckers* a PD :lol:

Long story short...a TON of people want the PD, and you will have to wait in line to get one. Not too long of a wait (how could you even put a wait on old school craftsmanship this good!?!! ANY of us with a PD should consider ourselves lucky seeing how this is pretty much a gift from two great people) so count yourself lucky that you are still able to purchase one.

Enjoy the clouds

*=Fucker of combustion (sorry, don't want you to take it the wrong way)

Hennessy1414,

masejl12

Hey Hennessy just out of curiosity which one of those beauties do you use the most and how do each compare with each other? :peace:

masejl12,

Purple-Days

Lwien said, "But Tom said its not an issue like it is with the VG, so..." that might be interpreted that I said there was an 'issue' with the VG. NEVER said anything like that, (and realize that's not what you are saying, but you know how people read/see what they want to...). Said, "Not an issue, with woods I have tried so far."

As far as PD (natural cherry wood) flavor, there is some when they are new, but it is cherry wood and not unpleasant. It goes away pretty quickly with use. Beats any plastic odor and lots of other tastes to hell.

What worries me a lot more in a vape (made of unknown or low quality materials), is the odorless / tasteless stuff you might breathe. That is my opinion and it is not directed at any one vape, but at a whole class of vapes...

BTW nobody is going to force anyone to use a PD or it's food grade plastic stems or the new wooden stem (which will be a special order item). These are for PD users who like the PD. Who trust my tastes and sensibilities. All others can just ignore the PD and all aspects of the PD. If you don't like red, don't shop Ferrari. If you don't like wood, don't shop Purple-Days. :2c:

Purple-Days,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I think my PD is a little shorter than some of the pictures of PD's ive seen on here... not complaining or anything just making an observation (love the hell out of mine). seen past pics where they have been sitting next too coke cans and seems too be bout the same size... mines almost a full 3/4's inch shorter than a can.
soon as I can find my battery cord for my camera will take some pics
I most definitely want too acquire another PD made from another wood... would like one for work as well as the house, dont feel like moving it back and forth as much as I am currently doing.

DevoTheStrange,

lwien

Purple-Days said:
Lwien said, "But Tom said its not an issue like it is with the VG, so..." that might be interpreted that I said there was an 'issue' with the VG. NEVER said anything like that, (and realize that's not what you are saying, but you know how people read/see what they want to...). Said, "Not an issue, with woods I have tried so far."
Yeah. Maybe it's the Ash that my VG is made of that produces more of a woody taste.

I know you never said it was an issue with the VG, but it has been reported many times that it is an issue with the VG. The VG was my first vape and I enjoyed it a lot. Still do, but..............when I got the PD, the very first thing I noticed was how GREAT the same bud tasted that I previously used in the VaporGenie.

For me, I'll stick with the original stems. Having options though is a good thing.

lwien,

Purple-Days

Funny you should mention Ash and odor. Just yesterday I was turning Ash dowel material for the hardwood plugs that go in the bottom. Pammy brought some iced tea (my favorite drink) to the shop yesterday and almost immediately commented on the wood smell. That it wasn't the usual odor. It's different than Cherry, cherry is pleasant. Ash is OK, not bad, but woody .Pammy came into the shop the other day and said the cherry (being turned) "smelled slightly... uhhhh... like cherries". Not to me, but it is a pleasant odor (when it is worked). But even the Ash odor dissipates quickly when made into a PD.

BTW based on all the good reports (here on FC) I have often suggested the VG (and a few other high quality vapes reviewed here).

Dave my cherry durability unit is a particularly tall one. I'll get a current dimension for you and get back here. 4-1/2" (as I thought but wanted to check) but that can vary by a (very) little. These aren't stamped out. Each one will be unique. Pammy was asking about duplicating lathes yesterday and shortly realized that the turning was one of the most fun parts of making a PD. Why would I want to chuck a block of wood into a machine and watch? Was my question. She understood. :)

Purple-Days,

canadibus

Hennessy1414 said:
is that a joke?^^^^ :/

There are only two (yes that's right 2) people in the WHOLE WORLD that make this vape. It just so happens it is one of the better vapes on the market (143 pages dont lie) today. Being that its at said status, demand started to go thru the roof! Orders were stacking up for this two person vape crew and they decided to let a private distributor handle North American sales. Being that its Tom&Pam's job to make the ;pd; it only seems necessary to let someone else who specifically handles sales to well, handle the sales. :cool: That way they can make more PD's, deal with less e-mails (as it is they still go through a bunch) and focus directly on the task at hand, which is getting all of you fuckers* a PD :lol:

Long story short...a TON of people want the PD, and you will have to wait in line to get one. Not too long of a wait (how could you even put a wait on old school craftsmanship this good!?!! ANY of us with a PD should consider ourselves lucky seeing how this is pretty much a gift from two great people) so count yourself lucky that you are still able to purchase one.

Enjoy the clouds

*=Fucker of combustion (sorry, don't want you to take it the wrong way)
nah not a joke, I'm new to vaporizing so it was actually a serious question.

Solid explanation, that pretty well answered the question.

I wonder why Tom and Pam have never attempted to find another to help them craft the vapes to ease the backlog?

Oh well. As I said in my original post, they are definitely gorgeous.

canadibus,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Purple-Days said:
Dave my cherry durability unit is a particularly tall one. I'll get a current dimension for you and get back here. 4-1/2" (as I thought but wanted to check) but that can vary by a (very) little. These aren't stamped out. Each one will be unique. Pammy was asking about duplicating lathes yesterday and shortly realized that the turning was one of the most fun parts of making a PD. Why would I want to chuck a block of wood into a machine and watch? Was my question. She understood. :)
just measured mine, slightly under 4-1/4" tall, so i guess its not that much shorter

so it would be possible too ask for you too turn a tall one when ordering one made with a different wood? once I find a wood that I like the way it ages I will look into getting another PD...

DevoTheStrange,

max

Out to lunch
I wonder why Tom and Pam have never attempted to find another to help them craft the vapes to ease the backlog?
That's also been covered in the thread canadibus. There are multiple reasons and they make sense for Tom and Pammy.

I know the length of this thread is intimidating, but if you really want to know how this "Experience" has unfolded and evolved, go ahead and start at the beginning. Take a month to read it if you like (and it's pretty easy to spot the off topic posts you can skip). Just mark your place in the thread and come back later for some more reading. ;)

max,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
here's my PD
removed the pics... didnt like the overcast day shots of it.. doesnt show how nice the wood looks..

slightly overcast outside so cant see how nice n dark the wood looks... has more of a vibrant glow too it than these pics show

DevoTheStrange,

canadibus

max said:
That's also been covered in the thread canadibus. There are multiple reasons and they make sense for Tom and Pammy.

I know the length of this thread is intimidating, but if you really want to know how this "Experience" has unfolded and evolved, go ahead and start at the beginning. Take a month to read it if you like (and it's pretty easy to spot the off topic posts you can skip). Just mark your place in the thread and come back later for some more reading. ;)
fair enough dude

thought I'd raise the main question I had anyways, before trying to fish it out of a 3000+ post thread

canadibus,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
DevoTheStrange~ Damn man...that last pic is STELLAR! Such a beauty of a PD! I like how it sits extra wide. Might just be the pics, but that's how it looks to me. See I cant take photos worth shit....yours look pro. ahhhh only if you had direct sunshine.

regardless, you were able to capture that PD's 'good side'....nice shots :tup:

canadibus~Enjoy the readings :wave:

Hennessy1414,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Hennessy1414 said:
DevoTheStrange~ Damn man...that last pic is STELLAR! Such a beauty of a PD! I like how it sits extra wide. Might just be the pics, but that's how it looks to me. See I cant take photos worth shit....yours look pro. ahhhh only if you had direct sunshine.

regardless, you were able to capture that PD's 'good side'....nice shots :tup:

canadibus~Enjoy the readings :wave:

its the same diameter as a soda can give or take a mm or two... just under 4 1/4" tall..

DevoTheStrange,

NoSmoke

Man my PD is so bummy compared to your guy's, it could be the abuse it has taken but it seems as if mine doesnt have that sleekness, I still love her to death though, its so unique I'm gonna post some pics as soon as I get the chance! Mine goes from being dark brown in the front to a very light brown, almost tan in the back!

NoSmoke,

reece

lwien said:
reece said:
I may have been a bit extra stressed because my 2 year old woke up extra early this morning, and overreacted. That's cool. This sort of misunderstanding is common on these boards. If that is the case, Max can say so and we'll take it from there.
I raised twin boys as a single dad. You get no sympathy from me............ ;)

But yeah, communication without the visual clues can get pretty murky. Don't know if that was the issue here though.
As one of two boys raised by a single mom, and as a father raising two daughters with my partner I would expect no sympathy. I know I got nothin' on you in that department.

Like I said, I'm not looking for trouble. I've been asking questions and helping other members since I joined with no incidents. But when someone gives it to me, I'll give it back. When someone says something that isn't true about me, I will respond with the truth. I will not apologize for standing up for myself. Maybe that's a character flaw...

I do apologize for the derail, that was not my intention. But once that ball started rolling...

reece,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
reece said:
lwien said:
reece said:
I may have been a bit extra stressed because my 2 year old woke up extra early this morning, and overreacted. That's cool. This sort of misunderstanding is common on these boards. If that is the case, Max can say so and we'll take it from there.
I raised twin boys as a single dad. You get no sympathy from me............ ;)

But yeah, communication without the visual clues can get pretty murky. Don't know if that was the issue here though.
As one of two boys raised by a single mom, and as a father raising two daughters with my partner I would expect no sympathy. I know I got nothin' on you in that department.

Like I said, I'm not looking for trouble. I've been asking questions and helping other members since I joined with no incidents. But when someone gives it to me, I'll give it back. When someone says something that isn't true about me, I will respond with the truth. I will not apologize for standing up for myself. Maybe that's a character flaw...

I do apologize for the derail, that was not my intention. But once that ball started rolling...
I feel awful because i satrted this whole thing with a :whip:

I didnt mean to do a little comment and start lots of flames off that i really think were mainly caused by written words looking different as text without expression.

I wont be :whip: people from now on.

However I will be spanking.

:spank: :spank:

Happycamper,

WavyGravy

i felt a disturbance in the PD thread. is there really beefing going on in this sacred temple of the Purple Days?

anyway, sorry Tom, ive had 3 people order their own PD because of mine. Im very sorry, you just make to good of a product.

WavyGravy,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
WavyGravy said:
i felt a disturbance in the PD thread. is there really beefing going on in this sacred temple of the Purple Days?
damn dude....I posted the pics of my grains so people would TRY to forget about all that bullshit drama. Give it up my man :disgust:

Hennessy1414,

Purple-Days

Hey Wavy, haven't seen your sig in a while. No beefin' here. :cool: Glad you and some buddies are enjoying. I enjoy makin' them for folks. Sending them into the void isn't as rewarding. Live Long and Purple.

NoSmoke, touching up a PD body is pretty easy. Depending on how rough it is you can start with 150 grit sandpaper (or 120 if it's got deeper scratches) then 220. Steel wool will get it super slick, but isn't needed. After the sanding give it (and the purple bottom) a coat of Buzz-Butter :buzz: avoiding the throat of the heat exchanger (wax tastes bad at high temps ;) ). Tear sandpaper into quarters and fold in half for a good grip. Sand with the grain (bottom to top) so you don't tear the leather up from the wood. And to get a smooth finish.

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom