Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

max

Out to lunch
I find it difficult to use high quality herb in any vape but the PD. It's like the vape version of a 100 mpg vehicle. I find myself actively looking for lower quality/cheaper weed so I can use my SSV and even iolite more without feeling like I'm wasting $.

max,

baikal

fyi - two pds on ebay....my buddy, who uses mine as much as I do, is thinking of bidding - anyone here know anything about either of the 2 sellers: jimvanmar or austex78731? Neither seem to be FC members. Both have 100% pos feedback tho - thx

baikal,

lwien

baikal said:
fyi - two pds on ebay....my buddy, who uses mine as much as I do, is thinking of bidding - anyone here know anything about either of the 2 sellers: jimvanmar or austex78731? Neither seem to be FC members. Both have 100% pos feedback tho - thx
baikal, considering the high regard and respect that we have for Tom here, I doubt if anyone here is going to want to do anything to help promote the sales of the PD on ebay by giving out answers to questions like this.

lwien,

spyder

I fully understand Tom's stance on this but I think it is a little premature...

There is 2 out there.... not 20

check this scenerio..

one buys it and decides that he or she needs or wants to get rid of it.... for what ever reason it maybe. (probably could think of 100 reasonS myself)

ebay is the biggest market place so they try to pass the item along... and the free enterprise system takes over and folks bid away and it sells for $200...

where is the harm??

if the seller list another one or two... then OK... now we are heading in the wrong direction

spyder,

lwien

Yeah, Spyder, but your scenario doesn't seem to be the case so far. The first two units that showed up on ebay (one just sold for 255 btw) are both listed as new, and there were no PD's that ever showed up on Ebay till VapeNow had them on a consistent backorder status.

I'm sure that Tom would not have an issue if someone was selling a used unit on ebay, but so far, that hasn't been the case.

I also have no doubt, that if someone purchased a PD and after receiving it, wanted to return it, unused, because of whatever reason, Tom would gladly offer a refund.

lwien,

baikal

lwien said:
Yeah, Spyder, but your scenario doesn't seem to be the case so far. The first two units that showed up on ebay (one just sold for 255 btw) are both listed as new, and there were no PD's that ever showed up on Ebay till VapeNow had them on a consistent backorder status.

I'm sure that Tom would not have an issue if someone was selling a used unit on ebay, but so far, that hasn't been the case.

I also have no doubt, that if someone purchased a PD and after receiving it, wanted to return it, unused, because of whatever reason, Tom would gladly offer a refund.
Well one of two units is used http://cgi.ebay.com/Purple-Days-Daz...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

baikal,

spyder

You don't know the reason behind the sale so don't guess if it's the case or not...

the only assumption that is being made which may be spot on 100% correct is that the units on ebay where purchased only to be sold on ebay for a profit...

example... order for a gift but they already got one before you gave it to them..

you need to get rid of it.... if someone want to give them $1 for it and both parties are happy...great..

if they want to give them $1000 for it and both parties are happy...great

still standing by this is premature

:2c:

spyder,

Beezleb

lwien said:

So then people just say they are slightly used and it creates an air of people wanting to unload PD's. It is probably better if they are high priced and listed as new.

Beezleb,

Purple-Days

Availability thread is open in the lounge. Post #2953 starts all of this in the wrong thread. Again. :/

My stance on scalpers is clearly stated over there. My stance on warranty is clearly stated on three pages of our website.

Purple-Days,

lwien

Purple-Days said:
Availability thread is open in the lounge. Post #2953 starts all of this in the wrong thread. Again. :/
Oooops. I should have directed my responses there. My bad.....

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
ALL availability posts should go in the Lounge thread. If it's anything about where or how to get a PD, go to that thread.

max,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Hey Tom,
For those who are peeing in cups refreshing the page all day it's not necessary. There are these strap on gizmos you can wear so you can pee at your workstation without the need to even stand up. Airplane pilots have been using these before there were ever PD vaporizers, sort of a condom attached to a tube attached to a container; so I'm told.
Jeff

Purple-Days said:

My stance on scalpers is clearly stated over there. My stance on warranty is clearly stated on three pages of our website.

jeffp,

lwien

jeffp said:
Hey Tom,
For those who are peeing in cups refreshing the page all day it's not necessary. There are these strap on gizmos you can wear so you can pee at your workstation without the need to even stand up. Airplane pilots have been using these before there were ever PD vaporizers, sort of a condom attached to a tube attached to a container; so I'm told.
Jeff

Purple-Days said:

Wow...........right after Max's post and you even quoted Toms post, but posted here anyways? Now I don't feel so bad.......... :rolleyes:

lwien,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
What'd I do?

lwien said:
jeffp said:
Hey Tom,
Jeff

Purple-Days said:

Wow...........right after Max's post and you even quoted Toms post, but posted here anyways? Now I don't feel so bad.......... :rolleyes:

jeffp,

max

Out to lunch
jeff's post wasn't really about availability (not really about the PD either :lol:). Let it go. ;)

max,

rukus13

Id suggest even removing the ebay posts. No need to give these greedy folks free advertising. The one linked up is starting bidding at the price it costs new. Clearly trying to turn a profit. Of course they can't be stopped but lets not make it easy for them either imho. They don't deserve the visibility they get here.

rukus13,

darcey

Well I'm very happy with the unit after putting it thru its paces last night... :D

one quick question....How green is other people's herb after putting it thru the PD? Mine is coming out very green unlike the vriptech heat gun setup which give the herb a slight brown colour.

darcey,

NoSmoke

max said:
I find it difficult to use high quality herb in any vape but the PD. It's like the vape version of a 100 mpg vehicle. I find myself actively looking for lower quality/cheaper weed so I can use my SSV and even iolite more without feeling like I'm wasting $.
Ihave the same problem and find myself doing the same thing! The downer is the VHW exposes all the taste's in the herb, and anything less then headies is well ok at best. Thats my problem fighting the urge of not using my supers in the VHW, its hard!!!

NoSmoke,

baikal

NoSmoke said:
max said:
Ihave the same problem and find myself doing the same thing! The downer is the VHW exposes all the taste's in the herb, and anything less then headies is well ok at best. Thats my problem fighting the urge of not using my supers in the VHW, its hard!!!
Conversely, i find it almost a waste of time to smoke schwag in the PD. there's little vapor ( little thc) - - IME. defintely better to make the good stuff last with the PD.

baikal,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
one quick question....How green is other people's herb after putting it thru the PD? Mine is coming out very green unlike the vriptech heat gun setup which give the herb a slight brown colour.
Mine was VERY green at first, even after 5+ hits.

Strangely enough though, after a couple of days of use, it's getting darker and now comes out a complete even brown, no revapping needed.

I don't know whether it's the technique or whether the screens caking up (slowing air flow) is doing it... but I like it :D

Chubba,
Top Bottom