Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

buddy

my comment got deleted gasp :o o well. all i was trying to do was tell people about check4change and thus end peoples bitching and say how u shouldnt go and whine to tom, pam. and vapenow because they all are nice people who are trying there best..... just imagine, the stupid criticism that u are about to send- now imagine receiving that message after receiving basically that same message almost every min of every day. trust me i know that at times every one feels infuriated and kind of left out, but u have to try and put your self into other peoples shoes and see through there eyes, its called COMPASSION. Tom and Pam are just regular old people who use med cannabis and saw a problem with their vaping units. So they made up one for them selves and then made a company out of it. They make their product to the best of their ability's and make it for a price that no other company would dare do. Then after working all day they get smacked in the face with the harsh criticism. That just sucks.... If it was me i would just sell the rights to pd and go on with my life. So i respect Tom and Pam very much for this and thank them for everything and wish them a very happy and prosperous life.

buddy,

Purple-Days

No, the heating element is a Heavy Duty Judy. HaHa, to all the Zappa cognisceti. It is a n RoHS certified ceramic resistor inside the heat exchanger tube. Down farther than the crossbar. It is in direct contact with the HE tube and provides it's excess heat to the HE, and it's 72 fins, for use by you. Direct draw. Airflow across heated stainless fins.

A lot has to fo with mass. There are several other aspects. But mass and surface area and resistance and voltage and thermal dynamics (insulation), plus other factors compete dynamically. Getting it right, well that's what I try for, isn't a simple mathematical formula as some would assume. Gotta try it 'on the pillows".

Engineering and numbers are fine, but in the end a blind man can't 'see' an elephant.

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I'd like to throw in a humorous story that comes to mind after reading the above. Years ago when I was a teenager my friend went to the Fillmore, I think, to see Hot Tuna. He took a hit of orange sunshine and was still tripping when he arrived home in the suburbs, and it was late. His mother answered the door and told him that she was in incredible pain. She fell down the stairs, she said, she took all these pain killers, but nothing helpled. "I have to do something about this pain! I'll try anything, it is unbearable!" "Smoke pot, Mom!" She agreed. So he went to his room, filled up his bong, then took it to his parents' bedroom, sat on a chair by the bed and taught his mother how to use it. My friends father was lying on the bed next to her, disgusted, watching TV. His mohter hit from it and then passed the bong to his father. He said, "Get that thing away from me!" She said, "Oh Herbie, you're such a square!"
(Remember my friend was still tripping on very potent LSD when this was happening.)

Within a few minutes she started getting off and that triggered all the pain killers to kick in at once. She stood up and started jumping up and down on the bed, exclaiming "I Feel No Pain!" I Feel No Pain!" Then she started flapping her arms up and down while jumping up and down yelling "I FEEL NO PAIN!" my friend just sitting on the chair holding the bong, tripping and watching.

Purple-Days said:
It's so good to hear, lwien. One of the very big reasons I keep going. Maybe the biggest. Very impressive pain relief story. And a very generous person you are, too. ;) Thanks for helping out those in need.

Jeff, I have eaten it quite a few times. But my method has always been fresh stuff ground up and put into capsules, except that time me and a buddy choked down some Columbian buds, seeds and all, in a no-smoke concert. Woot. first time for edibles, and the trip was on. Maybe '76 or '77. I don't consume it as edibles very often, maybe a few years ago I did it a few times because the stuff was plentiful. But mostly I had trouble gauging the effects. None, or trainwreck. Maybe the ABV will prove more manageble. And like I said the BP of some of the medicine is pretty high so I look forward to seeing what the diffference in high is. Maybe more medicinal?

Thanks again to everyone for all the kind words and well wishes. It means a lot to us. And thanks to the mods for putting a stop to the non-productive thread lengthening bitch-fest. All quiet back there? Alright, back to driving the bus. :cool:

jeffp,

Purple-Days

I guess you could say I enjoy pain relief every day, I would rather have no pain.

I have never been against recreation, but the medical uses and the ignorance astound me. It is a medication. What? It makes you feel good too? Check the latest FDA (american drug overlords) approvals. "makes you feel 'warm' so you feel better" on the new cold medicines. How is that different?

Dudes, (FDA) I wanna feel better. Much better. :lol: :cool: :2c:

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Hey Tom, have a good night...

Jeff

new purplish material is dried and ground and it's time to get to round #2 with the extension hose for novelty.

jeffp,

buddy

o dont worry i wasnt hure :D i just felt the need to combat the cruelty against you guys, somthing heart felt you know... as well as thank you guys for everything :p:peace:

o i meant hurt lol

mod note: posts merged-last warning on this.

buddy,

max

Out to lunch
buddy said:
my comment got deleted gasp o well. all i was trying to do was tell people about check4change and thus end peoples bitching
Your post was deleted because, although it was a good tip, it was strictly about PD availability, and we've said repeatedly that those posts have gotten way out of hand and are no longer permitted on this thread. I sent you an email stating the same, and even pasted your post in the email so you could repost it in the Lounge thread about PD/Vapenow buying. Did you not get the email?

You've also been asked to use the edit button to avoid back to back low content posts. Your last two were less than 30 sec. apart. You know it's a lot easier to just delete a post instead of merging it with your previous post. ;)

max,

Purple-Days

That link doesn't work for non AOL maybe?

Anyway, cherry like all woods is variable in color. From a light chocolate to whitish. Even within one slab there is quite a color range.

Cherry does darken with age due to oxidation. This is a popular trait of cherry.

It came from a real live tree so expect it t have streaks and color variation and small knots (intact of course) maybe even some figure (I have seen it in a few pieces). Each one is different.

Purple-Days,

buddy

o i like it very much its just that it really looks like the tea tree ones to me.

buddy,

nobilo

Lwien,

Your story regarding helping the pain and suffering of another was very touching. I'm glad you had an extra PD to give this man, and you should be commended for going out of your way to help another. Giving to others is what the world really should be all about, and your example of reaching out to another in need is one that should be followed by others. Furthermore, it is a great story that illustrates the importance of being open minded to anything that can provide relief (medical MJ). Thanks for sharing.

nobilo,

Jedu

I've been having odd issue with my pd lately, i usually get a solid 2 plus 1 small hit and now i barley get 1 and it like burns my herb...any way i can lower the temp a bit?

Jedu,

josh

Jedu said:
I've been having odd issue with my pd lately, i usually get a solid 2 plus 1 small hit and now i barley get 1 and it like burns my herb...any way i can lower the temp a bit?
The temp is fixed, hence no controls on the unit. Do you get the same results when using both the home charger and the car charger? Do you get the same results on every tube? Are you using the adapters supplied with the unit or did you get a different power adapter? If different, does it meet the same specs as the one that is included with the unit? You said "odd issues lately" so I am assuming that it was working fine when you first got it. There has to be a logical reason for this as I have been following the PD for several months now and there is only one other person I can recall that has had an issue similar to this and it turned out to be something with that particular unit. IIRC, it was maybe 20 pages or so back in the thread, ended up being an issue with the resistor or something like that. Once Tom got the unit back he was able to troubleshoot and resolve the issue. Hopefully, we can help you determine if it is the unit or some other force behind this. I use my PD daily since I got it around the beginning of March and have had no issues. I get the same results each and every time.

josh,

ILoveRadiohead!

Jedu said:
Hmmm is your herb actually black? If not then it shouldn't really be burned. Since the resistor in the PD is fixed temperature the ambient temperature has a slight effect on the overall vaping effect. Its getting closer to the summer months so a hotter house will mean slightly hotter vaping temps just as the reverse is true in winter.

The other aspect of vaping that can effect the end result is the dryness of the herb. Depending on if your herb has dried out completely you may get a much darker spent material. I noticed that after a grind my spent avb will pretty much still be green but after a weeks drying time it will be closer to a toasty brown after a session.

You cant internally control the PD temp (one of its positive traits IMO) but you can effect the vapor with your drawing technique. Experiment with different speeds of draws as well as how far you slide the PD tube down the opening. Sometimes I like the warm-up time of letting the stem sit in the PD before the inhale but occasionally I'll skip the warmup time altogether and start inhaling slightly before I bring the stem to the PD opening and then I won't completely push the tube all the way in. Heck sometimes I'll just barely touch the stem tip to the PD receptor to achieve the lowest possible vaporization temps (the flavor is great with this method btw).

ILoveRadiohead!,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
josh said:
Jedu said:
The temp is fixed, hence no controls on the unit. Do you get the same results when using both the home charger and the car charger? Do you get the same results on every tube? Are you using the adapters supplied with the unit or did you get a different power adapter? If different, does it meet the same specs as the one that is included with the unit? You said "odd issues lately" so I am assuming that it was working fine when you first got it. There has to be a logical reason for this as I have been following the PD for several months now and there is only one other person I can recall that has had an issue similar to this and it turned out to be something with that particular unit. IIRC, it was maybe 20 pages or so back in the thread, ended up being an issue with the resistor or something like that. Once Tom got the unit back he was able to troubleshoot and resolve the issue. Hopefully, we can help you determine if it is the unit or some other force behind this. I use my PD daily since I got it around the beginning of March and have had no issues. I get the same results each and every time.
Last night I inadvertently overpacked a tube and got little vapor, then for the next round I put about half that amount and drew in a few power hits. Sometimes if my herb is still a little moist I'll get little vapor. Also, if it's not ground properly the yield will be minimal.

When you say that the herb was burned, did you get a popcorn type taste?

jeffp,

Purple-Days

The unit you are referring to, Josh, had an out of spec resistor from the start. New quality control checks are in place so we don't send any out that haven't been tested on the digital meter. Page 99 has a current tally of resistor results.

The resistor is Fixed and doesn't change. Outside factors. Voltage etc... Warmer air temps in the Summer can be another explanation.

Purple-Days,

darcey

WOOOOOT....My Purple Days has arrived! I'm over the moon, thanks so much Pammy/Tom!

Pissed im stuck at work looking at the PD on my desk...roll on 5pm

darcey,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Have a good night Darcey :ko: I haven't touched any other vape since my PD arrived, it literally doubles my efficiency, even compared to my SSV... I honestly believe this vape has saved me close to $100 already over the past 7 days, another week and it's paid for itself.

Chubba,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Right. The SSV has its place, it's probably a better choice with several guests over, but for personal use the PD is second to none.
I've had mine for about a year and I consider it among my prized possesions.

Chubba said:
Have a good night Darcey :ko: I haven't touched any other vape since my PD arrived, it literally doubles my efficiency, even compared to my SSV... I honestly believe this vape has saved me close to $100 already over the past 7 days, another week and it's paid for itself.

jeffp,

darcey

Chubba said:
cheers fellas...can't wait to get home and give her a run!

I'm really looking forward to how little herb this unit uses...Been using a Vriptech setup over the last two days (on loan from a friend) which is a great unit but has totally decimated my stash :(

darcey,
Top Bottom